PDA

View Full Version : What does this mean?

Analytical
08-02-2021, 09:01 AM
Double pixel (in game setting)

firebelt & crystalkiller
08-02-2021, 09:09 AM
Double pixel (in game setting)It means it lowers the resolution for better performance in potato phones or computers. I think!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Analytical
08-02-2021, 01:01 PM
It means it lowers the resolution for better performance in potato phones or computers. I think!

ohh is it? i donno why it makes my screen lags even more lmao xd

firebelt & crystalkiller
08-02-2021, 01:05 PM
ohh is it? i donno why it makes my screen lags even more lmao xdIdk bro..for me i just have lower resolution when I turn it on...fps seems to be 60~ and not lower in both cases..

LilJJ03
08-02-2021, 05:20 PM
I think it’s mainly to conserve battery life but it doesn’t seem like it improves fps

Encryptions
08-02-2021, 05:27 PM
I don't know what its purpose is but it does decrease fps and the name "double pixel" I assume means it uses 2 times more pixels which probably wouldn't save battery.

Chie
08-02-2021, 08:01 PM
Maybe for better resolution? But doesnt really feel anything changes though.

KarTik1
08-03-2021, 12:00 PM
It decrease resolution of game does not affect fps at all by lowering resolution game resolve phone heat issues and lag issues improve battery life a bit but of you are playing on any new phone which you purchased like 2-3 years ago game work just fine .
If you want to test how much it improve performance according to your phone buy some fireworks go to house and open them all at once with normal settings it will start lag and phone will get heat by alot all of sudden.
But if you have double pixel on then it will be much smoother
Ty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PatD
08-03-2021, 12:10 PM
I don't know what its purpose is but it does decrease fps and the name "double pixel" I assume means it uses 2 times more pixels which probably wouldn't save battery.

Double pixel mean it double the size of the pixel, thus use 2 times LESS pixels imo

Irg
08-03-2021, 07:36 PM
It means that in low detail mode(DOUBLED PIXELS), you'll receive four times less of rendered pixels, while keeping same screen resolution. This, so called "term", actually arises from old times of 320x200 VGA displays, when decreasing virtual resolutions of screen to render, caused the game to have much higher FPS.
-some unity game dev plugin

QuaseT
08-04-2021, 04:52 AM
The gpu of my pc is broken and turning this feature on helps to play smoothly with the weak internal-chip of my cpu (until I get it fixed).