PDA

View Full Version : Rip off Artist, beware...player name is Arx

Greeve
08-18-2010, 05:52 PM
All,

So first of all, I tend to be a nice player in this game. Overly nice. Too nice to a huge fault. I would say I try to be a just person and walk this world and treat others how I would want to be treated. That being said, I am sure there will be lots of people telling me I'm an idiot and this situation is my fault. Fine I can take that, but in the end I just want to community to know that this player named Arx is a true piece of trash.

Here is the situation. We are fighting in AO2 level 4 and kill the last boss. A plasma sword drops and I win it. I immediately get a tell from this Arx guy. Now I know nothing about the worth of this item, but he is insistent that he wants it. It was a purple sword and he offers me an Isis Djinn Spear for it. That alone made me wonder what the deal was with this item I had just won, and at that point should have gone off and tried figure out what the worth of this item is. I still honestly have no idea what it is worth, but the guy was really persistent and then offered me another item that was in his stash. He said he would get it for me after the next round. Again at that point I should have just said no thanks and walked on. But me being perhaps the idiot/nice guy that I am gave in to his pressure and made the trade thinking I had just helped make this guy or gal really happy.

Now the kicker. I have to log out and request to this fellow if we can bail out of the game really fast and finish our business. Of course you know what happens next. "I'll give it to you tomorrow". Well, end of the story I was very polite and told him how him doing this is not keeping up with his end of the bargain and that I'm pretty sure I just got ripped off. Well, a few fights later he tells me to "Stop messaging me because I'm fighting" (which he wasnt because he was afk the majority of the instance we were running). In anycase he defriends me and exits the game.

So, at the end of the day, I just wanted people to know that this is the kind of player Arx is. Yes, I will take the blame for being nice to someone and taking their word in a video game. So if you want to call me a newb for that fine I can accept that. But just know that while there maybe alot of people like Arx out there playing games and interacting with people in very back handed ways, that not everyone is like that and just because you are anonymous doesnt mean you can do whatever you want with no repercussions. I hope the community will treat this Arx person with the kind of respect he has shown me.

Thanks for listening.

-Greeve

Ibmk
08-18-2010, 05:57 PM
Arx must be rich

tjornan
08-18-2010, 09:20 PM
Lol i was just farming wit him. Some guy got a shock lance and he demanded he have. He threw a fit. It was funny

vulgarstrike
08-18-2010, 09:22 PM
where's shock lance? what maaapppp

FluffNStuff
08-18-2010, 09:51 PM
All,

So first of all, I tend to be a nice player in this game. Overly nice. Too nice to a huge fault. I would say I try to be a just person and walk this world and treat others how I would want to be treated. That being said, I am sure there will be lots of people telling me I'm an idiot and this situation is my fault. Fine I can take that, but in the end I just want to community to know that this player named Arx is a true piece of trash.

Here is the situation. We are fighting in AO2 level 4 and kill the last boss. A plasma sword drops and I win it. I immediately get a tell from this Arx guy. Now I know nothing about the worth of this item, but he is insistent that he wants it. It was a purple sword and he offers me an Isis Djinn Spear for it. That alone made me wonder what the deal was with this item I had just won, and at that point should have gone off and tried figure out what the worth of this item is. I still honestly have no idea what it is worth, but the guy was really persistent and then offered me another item that was in his stash. He said he would get it for me after the next round. Again at that point I should have just said no thanks and walked on. But me being perhaps the idiot/nice guy that I am gave in to his pressure and made the trade thinking I had just helped make this guy or gal really happy.

Now the kicker. I have to log out and request to this fellow if we can bail out of the game really fast and finish our business. Of course you know what happens next. "I'll give it to you tomorrow". Well, end of the story I was very polite and told him how him doing this is not keeping up with his end of the bargain and that I'm pretty sure I just got ripped off. Well, a few fights later he tells me to "Stop messaging me because I'm fighting" (which he wasnt because he was afk the majority of the instance we were running). In anycase he defriends me and exits the game.

So, at the end of the day, I just wanted people to know that this is the kind of player Arx is. Yes, I will take the blame for being nice to someone and taking their word in a video game. So if you want to call me a newb for that fine I can accept that. But just know that while there maybe alot of people like Arx out there playing games and interacting with people in very back handed ways, that not everyone is like that and just because you are anonymous doesnt mean you can do whatever you want with no repercussions. I hope the community will treat this Arx person with the kind of respect he has shown me.

Thanks for listening.

-Greeve

Actually ... the Isis Spear is better and worth more then the Plasma of the Bear. Purple plasma is just kinda sad.

nui876
08-20-2010, 04:18 PM
this guy named Seigel stole my items
he said he wanted to try my items i was selling then he took off with them and called me dumbass for trusting him
luckily they were not too rare besides the frosty axe of legend i was selling
i was being too nice

Yardsalez
08-23-2010, 09:46 AM
you were kind of dumb ahhahahaha

flaimdude
08-23-2010, 10:19 AM
Report him for scamming. :) Problem solved. support(at)spacetimestudios.com

FluffNStuff
08-23-2010, 10:27 AM
I will give you two of them for that Djin Spear of Isis ... I am being serious, I have them. It is purple rarity and called the Plasma Sword of the Bear.

Spiritualist
08-23-2010, 10:34 AM
I guess the lesson for us all is that unless we are prepared to give something potentially valuable away for almost nothing, check the value of the item first before parting with it.

FluffNStuff
08-23-2010, 10:38 AM
I guess the lesson for us all is that unless we are prepared to give something potentially valuable away for almost nothing, check the value of the item first before parting with it.

If the purple sword really is the Bear Plasma, then that is a lesson that Arx should learn, not the OP.

nui876
08-23-2010, 03:07 PM
i dont know how to report though