PDA

View Full Version : Techno Email gave out Fiery Antenna? Not cool

WoundedEagle
05-27-2012, 05:02 PM
I heard TechnoEmail gave out Fiery Antenna in game. This is really annoying because it was a one time thing. It was one of the only things I had that no one else had. Thanks guys. Thanks. And yes, this is a rant. But it has a legitimate reason and since my PM is not being responded to, a thread was made.

-WE

Jugernugetx
05-27-2012, 05:12 PM
Cant we just ask nicely for one? :) pm him maybe? I might do that.

Conradin
05-27-2012, 05:17 PM
They did it with the red ones too- but I agree kinda lame

Sorcererssoul
05-27-2012, 05:20 PM
Cant we just ask nicely for one? :) pm him maybe? I might do that.
He means that he disagrees with fiery antenna's being handed out.
Agreed btw.

NECROREAPER
05-27-2012, 05:38 PM
Yes he did, I saw at least 60 players wearing them that day, which is pretty upsetting because I worked hard on my entry for that contest and even though I didn't win, I still liked to wear that as a sign of me putting in the effort, something which these people didn't do. Of course, it's not their fault for waving a receiving the antennae, but it doesn't help that they have them in the first place.

Xionskull
05-27-2012, 05:39 PM
Hey when was he on ? So not fair. In a dif way.. I want one lol

RedRyder
05-27-2012, 05:41 PM
I entered on all three entries for that contest and put massive amount of work into all of them, and this was my one prize, and IMO the coolest antenna. I'm pretty upset too. Geeze techno! Doh'

Whirlzap
05-27-2012, 05:44 PM
Guys, chill.
You're being too greedy with this.
You're lucky this was only with a bunch of people. It's not going to be like every time he logs on he will give them away, just a freebie event.

Just be happy that STS didn't put these on Daily Deal for Platinum for everyone to buy.
I'm extremely satisfied that STS does legit Daily Deals nowadays.

maneatingtree
05-27-2012, 05:54 PM
That ruined my day

Elixirgod
05-27-2012, 06:02 PM
Techno should have told everyone that he was giving out the attenae. :(

Darkfader
05-27-2012, 06:10 PM
Names, elite vanitys, exclusive contest vanitys..... Wondering what's next giveaway... >.>

Jcyee
05-27-2012, 06:20 PM
Ik its unfair to those that received one from the contest... But i rlly want one now and didnt get it :( i guess this can b seen as upsetting from two sides. I understand where both sides r coming from.

KingFu
05-27-2012, 06:26 PM
Names, elite vanitys, exclusive contest vanitys..... Wondering what's next giveaway... >.>

Fingers crossed for 56 glyph

octavos
05-27-2012, 06:34 PM
We receive the occasional question about Antenna and how people can get them for their characters. Below is an outline of what Antenna are and how you can get them.

Black Christmas (coal)
Blue Facebook
Green Android Launch
Dark Green Star Legends Dev Treat
Orange Player Video Guide Contest
Red Haiku Contest and Deal of the Day
White Where do you Play Contest
Yellow Dev in game grant for 2010 best app award
Flame Fiery weapons of DOOM weapon contest

We know that people like to collect things. It’s possible that we will make all Antenna available in the future for collectors to obtain. However, right now we would ask that you please do not write us asking for specific Antenna. Thanks!

Sorry But I did know about this :(

*EDIT*
I have never entered a PvP contest, I believe those who did in this post, and it shouldn't be given out like any other.

Delphina
05-27-2012, 06:49 PM
I'm going to leave this thread open for now. I will make sure to include this in my report tonight so the devs will see it. Just please try to keep this thread from turning into an argument. :)

WoundedEagle
05-27-2012, 06:49 PM
I'm going to leave this thread open for now. I will make sure to include this in my report tonight so the devs will see it. Just please try to keep this thread from turning into an argument. :)

Thank you Delphy. :S

octavos
05-27-2012, 06:52 PM

Lowlyspy
05-27-2012, 07:03 PM
Eh, kinda dumb but i've settled with the fact that no old vanity is sacred. If they have plans for some event including all the antennas then I can deal with it cuz it wouldn't exactly be fair for newer people since they didn't have the chance to get them. However if there is no antenna related event in the works it's a little insulting to see them just getting waved for after I earned mine.

WoundedEagle
05-27-2012, 07:06 PM
However if there is no antenna related event in the works it's a little insulting to see them just getting waved for after I earned mine.

Exactly :(

NECROREAPER
05-27-2012, 08:30 PM
Eh, kinda dumb but i've settled with the fact that no old vanity is sacred. If they have plans for some event including all the antennas then I can deal with it cuz it wouldn't exactly be fair for newer people since they didn't have the chance to get them. However if there is no antenna related event in the works it's a little insulting to see them just getting waved for after I earned mine.

Your last sentence sums up my feelings exactly. I wouldn't mind if it was given away as like a PvP contest prize or as another drawing contest prize (Humania weapons?), but to just hand em out as a freebies while I worked hard on my entry is very upsetting

JaytB
05-27-2012, 08:43 PM
It's indeed a surprise to hear he gave them away. Especially given the fact you guys said how sensitive this was already, in the thread techno made when he introduced himself.

I said it there too, the fiery antenna's where once deal of the day, many weren't happy with that either. So they weren't THAT exclusive anymore, anybody with some plat at the right time could own them.

Don't get me wrong, I can understand very well why some are upset.

Darkfader
05-27-2012, 08:48 PM
It's indeed a surprise to hear he gave them away. Especially given the fact you guys said how sensitive this was already, in the thread techno made when he introduced himself.

I said it there too, the fiery antenna's where once deal of the day, many weren't happy with that either. So they weren't THAT exclusive anymore, anybody with some plat at the right time could own them.

That must be day I won't remember. I'm pretty sure I been online every day and can't remember seen those as dotd. :o

JaytB
05-27-2012, 08:59 PM
That must be day I won't remember. I'm pretty sure I been online every day and can't remember seen those as dotd. :o

I know, cause I bought them...

I didn't want to search my 392 pages of purchase history, so I'll show them on my 51 bird. Never entered that competition and never waved to any dev for it.

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j344/JaytB1/51fc10e1.jpg

So yeah, not THAT exclusive ;)

Darkfader
05-27-2012, 09:08 PM
Seems I have missed it ingame and forums(pretty surely there was made some threads).

JaytB
05-27-2012, 09:10 PM
Seems I have missed it ingame and forums(pretty surely there was made some threads).

Yeah, was looking for those but couldn't find them :/

It was fairly long ago, if you want I can try and check my purchase history tomorrow to be sure (already late here, sleep soon).

Darkfader
05-27-2012, 09:14 PM
I don't think it's necessary, words are enough for me from trustworthy ppl. :)

Nick41324
05-27-2012, 10:35 PM
Since devs are giving out exclusive antennas, ill take an order of 1 white and 2 greens.

(Ign: bitesizebear. Ill thank you in advance tech)

zeusabe
05-27-2012, 10:37 PM
This is not new and limited edition items have been made available either for giveaway or DOTD, there have been numerous rants about this but apparently STS has a different view on the issue. Check this thread out as Samhayne directly takes the issue head-on regarding the release of an old Holiday item: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?46155-whatS-happening-!-!!!-!!&highlight=exclusive+item. An irate player vehemently disagreed on the Snowman Helmet being released in DOTD since it was this player’s only “unique” item and many have concurred, this has an eerie similarity to what the TS is ranting now. Now fast forward, there is a thread created by the same developer asking what particular “old” item the community wants to be brought back: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?32772-What-old-school-item-that-you-can-t-get-would-you-like-to-see-brought-back&highlight=exclusive+item. If you put those two threads together, you can easily conclude that the game doesn’t really give weight on perpetual rarity, at some point, they will make them available again whether to cater for “new” players who are interested in them or to “fund” new content as what Samhayne said in the link. There were more rants in relation to this issue but as I recall most of them were closed. I’m not trying to revive any thread, I just want people to see that this has been answered in the past and this practice will continue based on their (STS) stand.

Petrichor
05-27-2012, 10:43 PM
I swear they were given in a pvp tourney.
Fire and Black antenna have been granted.
Old 5v5 ctf tourney

WoundedEagle
05-27-2012, 10:47 PM
I swear they were given in a pvp tourney.
Old 5v5 ctf tourney

It's fine if people earned it. But simply waving kinda makes us mad..

MightyMicah
05-27-2012, 11:37 PM
Wait a minute something isn't matching up. Where did you get your fiery antenna from WE? Because I've never been able to see a dev and I have a fiery antenna...

Edit: and I know for 100% sure that I didn't buy it in dotd...I think antenna are kind of lame to wear. lol I would never spend platinum on it.

Moogerfooger
05-27-2012, 11:39 PM
All this angst over something that was offered as a DotD quite a while back. Nothing is 'sacred' anymore w a few rare exceptions.

Drive on and at least you (and I) know how we got ours.

JTZ
05-28-2012, 12:44 AM
Look at it this way, the people who received the antennas from the contest won them long before anyone else got them. So I think you should not be so greedy and let other people enjoy them aswell.

NECROREAPER
05-28-2012, 12:51 AM
Look at it this way, the people who received the antennas from the contest won them long before anyone else got them. So I think you should not be so greedy and let other people enjoy them aswell.

Say you worked hard on a contest entry and received an exclusive consolation prize and you were happy with it, especially since you weren't expecting it. Now say one day you see people who shouldn't have that prize with it randomly, and you find out that the people who hosted the contest in the first place are giving away the prize just for showing up.

Makes you feel like crap for even trying in the first place right? I mean why bother trying when you can just get it later for free

JTZ
05-28-2012, 02:52 AM
Say you worked hard on a contest entry and received an exclusive consolation prize and you were happy with it, especially since you weren't expecting it. Now say one day you see people who shouldn't have that prize with it randomly, and you find out that the people who hosted the contest in the first place are giving away the prize just for showing up.

Makes you feel like crap for even trying in the first place right? I mean why bother trying when you can just get it later for free

Its just like paying extra to get something in advance, like watching a sneak peak of a movie or ordering a video game before it comes out.

NECROREAPER
05-28-2012, 03:15 AM
Its just like paying extra to get something in advance, like watching a sneak peak of a movie or ordering a video game before it comes out.

Not exactly. That would be conisdered a buy in.

In your example of the movie premier, an accurate example would be like go to a sneak peek premiere that you worked to to win tickets for over the radio where they had cool meet and greets, cool free swag for being there, and a extra special movie experience. Now say the movie comes out and has been out for a while, but just randomly the theatres decides to redo the whole premiere experience thing that you worked hard to get into. They give away all that goodies that you worked hard to get to just randoms, how upsetting right?

I hope you get that analogy, I can't really make the concept anymore clear.

LwMark
05-28-2012, 03:25 AM
I hear white was passed out that day but i think that was false since i havent seen any white except the ones who earned it..and yes i logged in that day an got 3 fiery i understand the people who earned it feelings.well if anyone asks how i got i say dev not how they originally gave out.if devs tookem back then id be fine with it.

DexGOD
05-28-2012, 04:11 AM
You guys are making these antennas a prize it never was. Here are the quoted prizes for the contest:

Grand Prizes for each Category

100 platinum per category
Item created in game
Name of character included in the item description
The name of the character must comply with the Terms of Service.
Legendary item granted to a character of their choice on their account

6 Runners Up

50 Platinum to the best 6 runner’s up from any of the categories.

From my understanding it solely an item for the celebration of a community event. Be glad that they were ever made in the first place, not that you exclusively have them as it wasn't ever an 'exclusive prize' which some of you are calling it while the rest are implying so.

Lastly...

We know that people like to collect things. It’s possible that we will make all Antenna available in the future for collectors to obtain. However, right now we would ask that you please do not write us asking for specific Antenna. Thanks!

NECROREAPER
05-28-2012, 05:05 AM
You guys are making these antennas a prize it never was. Here are the quoted prizes for the contest:

From my understanding it solely an item for the celebration of a community event. Be glad that they were ever made in the first place, not that you exclusively have them as it wasn't ever an 'exclusive prize' which some of you are calling it while the rest are implying so.

Lastly...

"It's possible"

DexGOD
05-28-2012, 05:23 AM
"It's possible"

So possible that it has already happened. Your point is? Also, why are you calling it a 'prize' when it wasn't listed as one by the hosts?

NECROREAPER
05-28-2012, 05:37 AM
So possible that it has already happened. Your point is? Also, why are you calling it a 'prize' when it wasn't listed as one by the hosts?

If there wasn't a reason to get upset over it, we wouldn't be getting so worked up about it.

As a few of us have said, we have no problem with them being given out, so longs they have to be earned rather than tossed out like flyers to a Vegas night show.

Coke
05-28-2012, 05:52 AM
why is everyone getting so worked up about 1 Antenna?

Glad
05-28-2012, 05:59 AM
Woah there, you guys need to calm down here. I mean, it's just one Antenna. I understand if you worked hard for it and those that got it by waving didn't but c'mon, don't be greedy? Atleast he wasn't giving out elite vanities right? :D

NECROREAPER
05-28-2012, 06:08 AM
I guess people don't understand concepts nowadays

DexGOD
05-28-2012, 06:14 AM
If there wasn't a reason to get upset over it, we wouldn't be getting so worked up about it.

As a few of us have said, we have no problem with them being given out, so longs they have to be earned rather than tossed out like flyers to a Vegas night show.

So your still reluctantly arguing it was a prize. I'm gonna break the ice for you: you were only a simple contestant, not the host. A contestant never decides what the prize is. That's reality for you.

Stop getting worked up about something so pointless, move on and enjoy the game.

kaiserbear
05-28-2012, 06:28 AM
thx delp :)

WoundedEagle
05-28-2012, 10:12 AM

Lastly...

So your still reluctantly arguing it was a prize.

Wrong.

Everyone who entered will be receiving Fiery Antenna for taking the time to participate. Thanks again to everyone who entered!

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?27181-Winners-of-the-Create-Fiery-Weapons-of-DOOM-Design-Contest

DexGOD
05-28-2012, 10:19 AM
Wrong.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?27181-Winners-of-the-Create-Fiery-Weapons-of-DOOM-Design-Contest

Wrong. Since when are prizes listed AFTER a competition? As I said, it is to celebrate the event. Thank you for fortifying my point.

WoundedEagle
05-28-2012, 10:36 AM
Wrong. Since when are prizes listed AFTER a competition? As I said, it is to celebrate the event. Thank you for fortifying my point.

They were given for taking the time to participate in the contest. And it was the post after the first post. By the contest maker. You sir think you are right and won't listen to others. So hop off my thread and PM me if you want to ramble more like a mature person.

Justg
05-28-2012, 11:19 AM
Hey guys,

I am pretty sure we never explicitly said the Fiery Antennas would not be given out or make a reappearance. We do understand that some of you are disappointed, and for this we are sorry. I assure you that Techno Email has a great love for Pocket Legends, and was just doing what she thought was a good idea at the time. We'll try to be more sensitive in the future.

Thanks,

- g

Techno Email
05-30-2012, 05:31 PM

Hi guys! I was out over the long weekend, and just got caught up with this thread. I totally understand your concern about the fiery antennae. :concern: I actually didn't know that this was a sensitive issue until it was mentioned in the welcome thread, and I really appreciate that it was brought to my attention right away. :dejection: I thanked those folks for giving me the heads up, but I really wanted to thank you guys for speaking up too and let you know that I haven't sported them in towne since. I know I'm new around these parts, but I care a lot about the things that matter to you guys. Your feedback and your passion for PL make a big difference to the whole community. I'm sorry to anybody who was upset about this, and thanks again for sharing your feedback! :love_heart: