PDA

View Full Version : Preview 8/4/2021 | Beach Blanket Burglar Continues + A New Expansion Sneak Peek!

Remiem
08-04-2021, 05:05 AM
Happy Wednesday, Legends! It's time for another preview! As you know, the Beach Blanket Burglar event continues this week, but the STS dev team is hard at work finalizing even more of the new expansion content!

For example, a new set of ARRRR-inspiring pirate weapons!

But it's not all art and vanities we're working on. The designers have been hard at work on a wicked multi-phase battle for the expansion's final boss: The
Kraken.

While the visuals aren't finalized yet, I'm happy to share the description of it here for your enjoyment and feedback! Let us know what you think and if you'll enjoy running this encounter.
The encounter is still in development and could change significantly before its release.

Phase 1:

Taunt mechanic:
Standing in the Deep Sea Altar (a rune circle that appears in front of the boss) taunts the Kraken causing the current target to receive Kraken's Curse (a timed DOT). Another party member must step into the Deep Sea Altar and take the Kraken's Curse before the DOT times out... or the player with the DOT dies! So, you'll need work as a team to juggle the boss's aggro and prevent unnecessary deaths.

Fist mechanic:
The Kraken warns of an impending attack with a rectangular warning area that covers 1/3 of the room. Exit the hit area before Kraken's crushing attack arrives or you will be killed instantly!

Kraken Crud / Personal Space mechanic:
The Kraken will look for someone who is not nearby (we're looking at you, ranged players!). If he finds someone, he puts a visible Kraken Scourge debuff circle on them.

After a short period, the Scourge falls away from the affected player and creates Kraken Crud (a virulent poison pool) on the ground. Shortly after this poison pool appears it will damage any players in it. Players affected by the Kraken Scourge would be wise to have the Kraken Crud pools drop in places where they won't hurt the rest of the party.

If the Kraken doesn't find a suitable target at range, he'll release an attack for 'personal space'. This is a big circle attack around him that, again, will instantly kill players in the way. Get out or die.

When the boss is at 50% health, he will enter Phase 2.

Phase 2:

During this phase, the Kraken is invulnerable.

A Giant Sea Slime and a bunch of little slimes spawn. The Giant Sea Slime has extremely high defense at the start but can be debuffed to be defeated.

If a little slime is killed nearby the Giant Slime the Giant Slime will absorb the little slime to increase his damage output. If a little slime is killed far away from the Giant Slime, the Giant Slime loses durability. Kite the little slimes away from the Giant Slime before killing them to make the most of their debuffing effects.

When the Giant Slime dies, the Kraken moves on to phase 3 (even if little slimes are still alive).

Phase 3:

The Kraken resumes his powerful attack series until he reaches 10% health.

At 10% health, a 'final' debuff is placed on all players, and other mechanics stop.
Players lose health and cannot use potions. Kill the boss before your health runs out.

----------------------

As you can see, this encounter requires teamwork, attention to mechanics and telegraphs, and some good power. As always with expansion previews, these mechanics are a work in progress and subject to change, but all the same...Let us know what you think!

As the expansion release draws closer, you'll start seeing these previews more often. So, feel free to continue to let us know what kind of previews you'd like to see! See you next week!

Ptcf
08-04-2021, 09:35 AM
Amazing :)

Good Work Devs :)

marian.bumbar
08-04-2021, 09:57 AM
Sell ankhs? [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

infinxte
08-04-2021, 10:16 AM
Rogue Healing Ult make more sense now XD

Fearrr
08-04-2021, 10:17 AM
The Kraken Boss fight sounds interesting for sure. And think you guys did a really good job with the idea and creativity of it. My only concern is this does not sound Random PT Friendly lol 😂. More like being in a Guild and or a group of experienced friends is the best option, but let's wait and see.

Hmm...Kind of Expansion Preview I am looking forward to if possible...Very curious about Legendary/Mythic/Arcane Weapons and the Procs. Will we see something similar to Maus Expansion where the Legendary/Mythic Weapons had decent Procs again? 🤔

Alkif
08-04-2021, 10:18 AM
i hope red zones dont disappear too fast, i play with constant 150 ping and I need to exit 1-2s before zones disappears because otherwise even when I am out of range I still get hit because of lag.

trueido
08-04-2021, 10:22 AM
very nice work cant wait :o

Advocacies
08-04-2021, 10:25 AM
And now we see warrior who don't support their team by using heal experience this alot at temple event

Soyeonara
08-04-2021, 10:28 AM
Look, finally, Flashio, STS took some our idea for the boss mechanic. This is what I'm looking for, new boss mechanics... With phases!!! I'm looking forward to it.

And now I will wait for the boss design... Dont crush my hope devs!

Inozuke
08-04-2021, 10:43 AM
will this new boss have the same loot as evg?

Soyeonara
08-04-2021, 10:43 AM
But, one suggestion from me, for the phase 3, can you disable the ankh or respawn thing too? I'm just bored too easy...

But health based skill should not be locked like potions do.

flashio
08-04-2021, 10:57 AM
Regarding the new boss fight with its new mechanics I couldn't be happier, nonetheless this kind of hardcore content leaves a question to solo player based content, I hope this kind of play style doesn't get forgotten.

Are slimes from phase 2 going to have some kind of debuff mechanic towards players? Aoe explosion when they die, toxin effect on each hit they land, lower crit/Dmg, etc.

On phase 3 I think it would be more interesting if not only potions didn't work but healing skills were cancelled as well, party would be fine as long as warrior steps up front taunting all the dmg from kraken while rogue/mage wear Kraken's hp down, for this to work vb skill where the player regents from enemie's attack would come in handy and wouldn't be canceled since it's a healing based on the enemy dealing damage to the player, would be a nice way to bring back this skill into pve. (regen from pets/procs would work as well such as arie hp leech).

As for what kind of preview I look forward well... I'm interested on what are your plans for solo content and having a peek at a couple of legendary/mythic/set or even Spirit gear would be interesting, really hoping to have usable items besides arcanes.

Last but not least, I pity the poor cabin boy who tries to defend himself against vicious pirates that may come with gigantic swords thirsty for blood, please provide this poor soul with a bigger shield so he can mop the salty water from his ship's wooden floor.

PatD
08-04-2021, 11:50 AM
This new boss look really fun to fight, i like this teamwork strategy!! :D

but, i only hope that if we have new "1k boss kills Aps" it will be doable from other boss alternative!!

Oakmaiden
08-04-2021, 11:53 AM
I’m also concerned about solo play. The need for specific procs and arcane gears leads to party snobbery and leaves a lot of players on the sidelines. Will random pt with one or two players under geared be able to plow thru?

Stormydragon
08-04-2021, 12:38 PM
Nice mechanics! I'm looking forwards to the expansion with happiness! Don't hurry. I hope you also try to give the game some more storyline background with the expansion!

Blackflash
08-04-2021, 01:16 PM
Damn cool gj

Ygadaikto
08-04-2021, 01:27 PM
What about spirit items (which increase stats as the item level increases), will they be in a new expansion, or were they just added for festerfang? It just looks very strange that one set of equipment was so highlighted (color, slot in the market).

Exposed
08-04-2021, 01:46 PM
Is the Kraken boss like orrick and hyrda you enter a sperate zone for each boss? I think it is but I'd love conformation please :))

firebelt & crystalkiller
08-04-2021, 01:51 PM
Feels like maven fight in path of exile...any one can relate?

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Fearrr
08-04-2021, 02:13 PM
The Kraken Boss fight sounds interesting for sure. And think you guys did a really good job with the idea and creativity of it. My only concern is this does not sound Random PT Friendly lol 😂. More like being in a Guild and or a group of experienced friends is the best option, but let's wait and see.

Hmm...Kind of Expansion Preview I am looking forward to if possible...Very curious about Legendary/Mythic/Arcane Weapons and the Procs. Will we see something similar to Maus Expansion where the Legendary/Mythic Weapons had decent Procs again? 🤔

I want to add one more thought to my post. I think I made a thread in the Suggestion Section about Spirit Weapon Procs about year or more ago, and also a few more player's spoke about Spirit Gear/Weapons. I don't think any of them got a Dev reply back about them. So I would like to know is there any plans for For a Buff to Spirit Gear and Weapon Procs for this Expansion? And by Proc Buff I mean DOT, Proc Rate, and AOE Heal. I can see Spirit Weapons buffed being useful in Phase 2 and Phase 3 of the New Kraken Boss fight for all classes. I think a rework of these would be beneficial for the Community and worth the time to do.

Another thought? A Rework on how Spirit XP is gained. There is already a lot of XP needed for these Gear and Weapons. I think it would be more convenient for everyone if as long we have them in Inventory they still gain XP for each kill. Or another idea as long as they are switched to use during the durarion of a Mob/Boss Kill but not for the entire fight, we still get XP gained for the Kill. Atm is not worth using them for an enitre Mob or Boss fight with low Base Stats and Low Proc Damage/Rate. 🤔

octavos
08-04-2021, 02:28 PM
I’m also concerned about solo play. The need for specific procs and arcane gears leads to party snobbery and leaves a lot of players on the sidelines. Will random pt with one or two players under geared be able to plow thru?

well i run with Randos...yip im ded

Anarchial
08-04-2021, 03:04 PM
well i run with Randos...yip im ded

We can die together good sir.

Love, Gawsh

Frekken
08-04-2021, 05:39 PM
Free respec is expected since were gonna run with like 6 skills each lol

Midgard_papa
08-04-2021, 06:14 PM
Very cool boss encounter!

Oakmaiden
08-04-2021, 08:29 PM
@Octavos, Anarchial, lol, add me and we can drown together!

XxretepxX
08-05-2021, 01:33 AM
Remove ankhs at phase 3

Sent from my LM-K500 using Tapatalk

Fearrr
08-05-2021, 01:42 AM
I want to add one more thought to my post. I think I made a thread in the Suggestion Section about Spirit Weapon Procs about year or more ago, and also a few more player's spoke about Spirit Gear/Weapons. I don't think any of them got a Dev reply back about them. So I would like to know is there any plans for For a Buff to Spirit Gear and Weapon Procs for this Expansion? And by Proc Buff I mean DOT, Proc Rate, and AOE Heal. I can see Spirit Weapons buffed being useful in Phase 2 and Phase 3 of the New Kraken Boss fight for all classes. I think a rework of these would be beneficial for the Community and worth the time to do.

Another thought? A Rework on how Spirit XP is gained. There is already a lot of XP needed for these Gear and Weapons. I think it would be more convenient for everyone if as long we have them in Inventory they still gain XP for each kill. Or another idea as long as they are switched to use during the durarion of a Mob/Boss Kill but not for the entire fight, we still get XP gained for the Kill. Atm is not worth using them for an enitre Mob or Boss fight with low Base Stats and Low Proc Damage/Rate. 🤔

Edit: For/Duration

Last thing I wanted to add to this post was a business aspect for the Spirit Topic. The Soul Reaver Orb( Shout Out to those Legacy Of Kain PS1 Days 😂 ). For X amount of Plat in Plat Store Soul Reaver Orb gives: X amount of Normal XP %, X amount of Spirit XP %, X amount of Spirit Pet XP %, A Soul type of a Aura, and as long as The Soul Reaver Orb is in the Inventory…Spirit Gears/Weapons will gain XP for each Mob and Boss Kill without needing to be equipped in the Zones where we can Lvl up these Gears/Weapons. And this Orb will just sit in the Inventory only, like how the aspect of Undying Orb works.

Sulphurea
08-05-2021, 03:01 AM
I just hope this mechanic won't favor as usual only warriors since their hp is significantly higher. I think they already been more than advantaged in this expansion so try to make each member of this "fairytale" pt important, ty

Inviato dal mio Redmi Note 7 utilizzando Tapatalk

beendown
08-05-2021, 04:12 AM
Happy Wednesday, Legends! It's time for another preview! As you know, the Beach Blanket Burglar event continues this week, but the STS dev team is hard at work finalizing even more of the new expansion content!

But it's not all art and vanities we're working on. The designers have been hard at work on a wicked multi-phase battle for the expansion's final boss: The
Kraken.

While the visuals aren't finalized yet, I'm happy to share the description of it here for your enjoyment and feedback! Let us know what you think and if you'll enjoy running this encounter.
The encounter is still in development and could change significantly before its release.

Phase 1:

Taunt mechanic:
Standing in the Deep Sea Altar (a rune circle that appears in front of the boss) taunts the Kraken causing the current target to receive Kraken's Curse (a timed DOT). Another party member must step into the Deep Sea Altar and take the Kraken's Curse before the DOT times out... or the player with the DOT dies! So, you'll need work as a team to juggle the boss's aggro and prevent unnecessary deaths.

Fist mechanic:
The Kraken warns of an impending attack with a rectangular warning area that covers 1/3 of the room. Exit the hit area before Kraken's crushing attack arrives or you will be killed instantly!

The Kraken will look for someone who is not nearby (we're looking at you, ranged players!). If he finds someone, he puts a visible Kraken Scourge debuff circle on them.

After a short period, the Scourge falls away from the affected player and creates Kraken Crud (a virulent poison pool) on the ground. Shortly after this poison pool appears it will damage any players in it. Players affected by the Kraken Scourge would be wise to have the Kraken Crud pools drop in places where they won't hurt the rest of the party.

If the Kraken doesn't find a suitable target at range, he'll release an attack for 'personal space'. This is a big circle attack around him that, again, will instantly kill players in the way. Get out or die.

Phase 2:

A Giant Sea Slime and a bunch of little slimes spawn. The Giant Sea Slime has extremely high defense at the start but can be debuffed to be defeated.

If a little slime is killed nearby the Giant Slime the Giant Slime will absorb the little slime to increase his damage output. If a little slime is killed far away from the Giant Slime, the Giant Slime loses durability. Kite the little slimes away from the Giant Slime before killing them to make the most of their debuffing effects.

When the Giant Slime dies, the Kraken moves on to phase 3 (even if little slimes are still alive).

Phase 3:

At 10% health, a 'final' debuff is placed on all players, and other mechanics stop.
Players lose health and cannot use potions. Kill the boss before your health runs out.

----------------------

As you can see, this encounter requires teamwork, attention to mechanics and telegraphs, and some good power. As always with expansion previews, these mechanics are a work in progress and subject to change, but all the same...Let us know what you think!

As the expansion release draws closer, you'll start seeing these previews more often. So, feel free to continue to let us know what kind of previews you'd like to see! See you next week!

Hi can i ask what do we even gain from killing the boss? "the kraken"
besides from xp..

flashio
08-05-2021, 04:58 AM
I just hope this mechanic won't favor as usual only warriors since their hp is significantly higher. I think they already been more than advantaged in this expansion so try to make each member of this "fairytale" pt important, ty

"as usual" xD

terapan
08-05-2021, 05:01 AM
Please re-work about spirit gear (all weapon, armor and helm). Maybe add lvl61-70 can give spesial proc like pull, damage, root the mobs and health overtime to allies. 🤔
Armor lvl61-70 can give proc health Shield that can absord 35% damage enemy into lifesteal effect 🤔 so we can reduce DOT effect from Kraken skill. 🤔

Sulphurea
08-05-2021, 05:27 AM
"as usual" xDYes as usual. An entire expansion fully been at war benefit where best gl map could be ran by wars np when other classes struggled even to do few runs. Same with dm cause you clear mobs better than rogues and with ultimate you can keep up np on bosses. Rogues have troubles to run any evg and their skills/ultimates can't be really compared. On hydra/orrick expansion all of you cried so much about not making gold as fast as rogues and few time after sts removed gold drop. But still you could run and make gold. Rogues can't really run evg without war in a profitable way. Why in this expansion sts didn't do anything? So yes i would appreciate a more balanced scenario and dynamic: or everyone is needed or rather every class has equal chance to run map solo

flashio
08-05-2021, 05:45 AM
Yes as usual. An entire expansion fully been at war benefit where best gl map could be ran by wars np when other classes struggled even to do few runs. Same with dm cause you clear mobs better than rogues and with ultimate you can keep up np on bosses. Rogues have troubles to run any evg and their skills/ultimates can't be really compared. On hydra/orrick expansion all of you cried so much about not making gold as fast as rogues and few time after sts removed gold drop. But still you could run and make gold. Rogues can't really run evg without war in a profitable way. Why in this expansion sts didn't do anything? So yes i would appreciate a more balanced scenario and dynamic: or everyone is needed or rather every class has equal chance to run map solo

Hey bud, not trying to start any drama here, the "as usual" was off, specially after a whole game life of warriors getting ignored to run 99%of the content upt till 71 and 76 where every class is actually useful, a rogue will run perfectly in evg as long as it knows what to do, ppl focus on warrior+mages only cuz that's what they see on lb, b4 ppl just focused on getting as many warriors as possible cuz that's what was in lb as well.
So all 3 classes can farm gold just as easy in both dm and evg, what's more a rogue with a decent party can make gold way faster in dm rather than evg, but no need to get worked up, just made me laugh the "as usual" that's all :).

Sulphurea
08-05-2021, 05:55 AM
Hey bud, not trying to start any drama here, the "as usual" was off, specially after a whole game life of warriors getting ignored to run 99%of the content upt till 71 and 76 where every class is actually useful, a rogue will run perfectly in evg as long as it knows what to do, ppl focus on warrior+mages only cuz that's what they see on lb, b4 ppl just focused on getting as many warriors as possible cuz that's what was in lb as well.
So all 3 classes can farm gold just as easy in both dm and evg, what's more a rogue with a decent party can make gold way faster in dm rather than evg, but no need to get worked up, just made me laugh the "as usual" that's all :).I'm not starting any drama, i just expressed my opinion ;) i didn't offend anyone nor started any flame as far as i can see. Sadly on paper if all classes work together etc etc ofc everybody gets what need. But in reality is not like that. Happens to me every time that people want 3 mages pt or stuff like this. Mage and rogue roles change every now and then, what stays is that without war you can't run evg and for me that's the issue

profmsb
08-05-2021, 06:15 AM
really miss old time mechanic of expansion of old map where u can play random as every class can balancely run it..but since evg...more n more map need a pt to play....good thing is all class can be pt,u can play with friend but bad thing is,if u r not op/average plyer or not many friend..then took hassle to find pt n cant play freely as u r bound with the pt..if lag..u will be kick..if one of their friend on9..u will be kick n etc...it just my 2cent opinion of how the mechanic of evg n recent event evolve compare to old style mechanic which is during festerfang expansion n bfore that..gudluck al

beendown
08-05-2021, 09:06 AM
this game is literally dying ive seen most old players than new players lets just switch to crypto nft games, axie infinity crypto blades etc

chupapiMunyanyo
08-05-2021, 09:38 AM
Sneak peak again huhu.... When is the expansion?? The game is getting boring for me

Sent from my RMX2103 using Tapatalk

hundurlee
08-05-2021, 10:06 AM
I would like to see the procs

Perogol
08-05-2021, 10:26 AM
I'm not starting any drama, i just expressed my opinion ;) i didn't offend anyone nor started any flame as far as i can see. Sadly on paper if all classes work together etc etc ofc everybody gets what need. But in reality is not like that. Happens to me every time that people want 3 mages pt or stuff like this. Mage and rogue roles change every now and then, what stays is that without war you can't run evg and for me that's the issue

ppl dont like rogue cuz most of them they tend to die early in evg they dont know to learn the boss and spider attack pattern ask war who reach high wave why them dont die,bc they know how to dodge spider and boss while you rogue dk how to learn and keep dying.

Sulphurea
08-05-2021, 10:38 AM
ppl dont like rogue cuz most of them they tend to die early in evg they dont know to learn the boss and spider attack pattern ask war who reach high wave why them dont die,bc they know how to dodge spider and boss while you rogue dk how to learn and keep dying.No worth reply lol

Fearrr
08-05-2021, 06:35 PM
Please re-work about spirit gear (all weapon, armor and helm). Maybe add lvl61-70 can give spesial proc like pull, damage, root the mobs and health overtime to allies. 🤔
Armor lvl61-70 can give proc health Shield that can absord 35% damage enemy into lifesteal effect 🤔 so we can reduce DOT effect from Kraken skill. 🤔

Procs for Spirit Gear is a interesting concept. Would be a nice buff to Spirit Gear for sure and would make player's seriously consider using. A 2 Set Bonus(Spirit Helm/ Armour) on damage taken with "Health Shield that can absorb 35% damage enemy into lifesteal effect". The % could be changed based on Dev testing and balance.

Twomucho
08-05-2021, 07:31 PM
Doesn’t really sound fun to a hc player but who thinks of them anyways :P

terapan
08-06-2021, 12:55 AM
Procs for Spirit Gear is a interesting concept. Would be a nice buff to Spirit Gear for sure and would make player's seriously consider using. A 2 Set Bonus(Spirit Helm/ Armour) on damage taken with "Health Shield that can absorb 35% damage enemy into lifesteal effect". The % could be changed based on Dev testing and balance.

I have better idea with spirit weapon rework for lvl61-70. Different class with different proc. War with massive mobs pull area and taunt, rog pull with root effect to pulled mobs and give them damage overtime while rooted and sorcerer pull with heal overtime effect to allies on massive area. Its that good? 🤔

Fearrr
08-06-2021, 02:39 AM
I have better idea with spirit weapon rework for lvl61-70. Different class with different proc. War with massive mobs pull area and taunt, rog pull with root effect to pulled mobs and give them damage overtime while rooted and sorcerer pull with heal overtime effect to allies on massive area. Its that good? 🤔

I think the main goal of Spirit Weapons and Procs when it came out was, it was supposed to be equal and the same for all classes. I think Class Specific Procs is a cool idea and leaves room for future new Class Specific Spirit Weapons, that have Class Specific Procs, and can have a Class Specific 3 Set Bonus with Spirit Helm and Armor. New Spirit Pets can be introduced in future that gives a Bonus to Spirit Gear/Weapons or vice versa Spirt Gear/Weapons gives a Bonus to these Spirit Pets. And these new Spirt Pets can be put in the Plat Store and or new Expansion Lock Crates. But atm Terapan we don’t want to make to much work for the Devs on the Topic of Spirit Gear/ Weapons…In reality we are just looking for a small win here and a Dev reply. 🤞😂

Willl
08-06-2021, 04:20 AM
The mechanics are interesting, especially the last part.

I think you must be sure this kind of boss fight will not make exclusively better 1 class over the others.

Example, last part (no potions) makes the healing of warrior and of mage very important.

So it's needed the Phase 1 and 2 have important skills that makes rog and mage more helpful.
Example 1: the single target arrows beeing more effective on killing the boss
Example 2: cursing the Kraken curse will deal additional dmg to the boss
Example 3: the buff stats bomb (rog skill) stacking stats helping defense and dmg against the boss
Example 4: gale (mage skill) will give movement speed to all party members, to be able to escape from the 1/3 dead zone
Example 5: gale (mage skill) can decrease timing of the applied Kraken curse (since in pvp curse csn be deleted by gale, in pve could be slowed)

Those are examples to make more effective and team working both classes which will be necessary to enter phase 3,where the warrior must defend the team to not die.

Don't add the class restriction circle to start the boss fight, in events its ok, but in pve its depressing and a very bad idea.

Willl
08-06-2021, 04:35 AM
While about what I d like to see next:

The gear stats and its balance:
Legendary sets with small procs on weapons and they are all dropping mobs MOBS in new maps

Set rarity items dropping from golden version of mobs (rare mobs, max 2 per map)

Mythic bound set that can be crafted with ingredients dropping from new maps (mobs and bosses) (the set granting special proc)

Arcane weapon dropping from the hardest boss of new maps (guess its Kraken) (elite maps if you add them)

A new pet with strong debuff skills (the best to kill kraken) dropping from Elite kraken himself, same as Arcane weapon

All others missing items will be added in locks during events :)

Tiger Mike
08-06-2021, 07:30 AM
Denying potions? that sounds horrible for rogues :D I can already see warriors and mages battling to be the main healer in the party.

Yum
08-06-2021, 01:34 PM
Unpopular opinion.

Is there any changes and/or new addition to our character's skills?

Sent from my ASUS_Z01QD using Tapatalk

KarTik1
08-06-2021, 02:36 PM
Yes as usual. An entire expansion fully been at war benefit where best gl map could be ran by wars np when other classes struggled even to do few runs. Same with dm cause you clear mobs better than rogues and with ultimate you can keep up np on bosses. Rogues have troubles to run any evg and their skills/ultimates can't be really compared. On hydra/orrick expansion all of you cried so much about not making gold as fast as rogues and few time after sts removed gold drop. But still you could run and make gold. Rogues can't really run evg without war in a profitable way. Why in this expansion sts didn't do anything? So yes i would appreciate a more balanced scenario and dynamic: or everyone is needed or rather every class has equal chance to run map solo

May be you are forgetting about the bright side of new expansion brother that new level gears will boost rouges stats too loo.
Since it’s confirmed that evg will remain gold loot map and gold drops will not be changed i can see 4 rouges pt in next expansion grinding gold in evg more effectively then 1 war 3 mage pt.
And also may i remind you one thing from level 1-66 all the expansion rouges used to be most powerful class in pve was easy to level up fast and farm gold too. And most of the rich players in game right now either rouges or ex rouges .
And one more thing i can see that this boss design is favorable for every class and will remove boundaries between all of us.
Hope next expansion all classes will be balanced they are not rn I admit it.
But since i am a tank i can say that I prefer 2 mages and 1 rouge in pt over 3 mages because of rouges can kill spider fast using mages ulti then mages it self.
But only catch is rouge need to be skilled.
Same goes with tank.
And mages do just fine with shield and ulti and survive.

firebelt & crystalkiller
08-06-2021, 11:56 PM
Denying potions? that sounds horrible for rogues :D I can already see warriors and mages battling to be the main healer in the party.Rogues heal ultimate will have value there..

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

damhor
08-07-2021, 03:31 AM
i want to see a giant kraken, more biger than the most bigest monster boss in arlor

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

KarTik1
08-07-2021, 06:49 AM
Goshhhhh man i just finished watching one piece i mean its still running lol xd
and you guys are dropping expansion related to sea niceeee gzzz to all .

bading
08-07-2021, 11:02 AM
I hope next month expention ty

Sent from my vivo 1907 using Tapatalk

Mufasa
08-08-2021, 12:51 AM
Can this event end sooner? Like, a few days before deadline?

capeo
08-08-2021, 07:50 AM
It sounded like the boss needed all classes to me. I hope it's almost impossible to kill until we figure it out. If the boss is hard to kill wars and makes need rogues. If the war needs to heal and take aggro/damage that sounds like classic tank stuff to me. I might even use vb in pve for a change if pots are disabled. Horn,jug,vb and one attack skill isnt killing anything tough. Even if it's hard to get a random run I prefer it over mindless farming anyway.

KarTik1
08-08-2021, 10:21 AM
But all bosses also require to drop something which makes us farm them again and again.
If drops are mehhh i can see people still waiting for open of evg and farm their and try this map once or twice and get bored from it .
Drop should give us items which we can farm for long time but not so long that its gets boring before even achieving the goal.
We can see that from banish and glint sets that most of the locks and event items gives equal stat so it became boring to farm them and only a few people completed set that time for the item most them farm them for either aura and aps not for the item it self.
Maus and gold loot saved and destroyed the game at same time but was fun to play . Then dm saved the festerfang and evg saved the vardhan valley.
It dosent matter for most of the players how map actually is they prefer more getting loot from bosses so they can make gold and give their time to archive something in game.

capeo
08-08-2021, 11:57 AM
I agree, bring back quests and drops so we have something to grind for.

Tuhguhbuhbuh
08-08-2021, 09:19 PM
Boss loot drops are integral. Make mythic gear/weps drop from boss. Sets and arc gear from crates.

Giesar
08-09-2021, 05:37 AM
looks so cool the gun too hahahahaaha

Irg
08-10-2021, 12:24 AM
So you can't use health potions, but does it mean that you can still heal from skill?

sanya
08-10-2021, 02:26 AM
Devs, it's been long time since rogue had good bow (last good bow was immortal corruption but nerfed for no reason, it wasn't even that strong), I hope this expansion rogues will get bow as real weapon to kill bosses (better chances to proc, more damage from attacks, chance to avoid enemy dodge in pvp). Atm duggar bow is just a trash compared to skratch gun (gun has 2-3 targets + debuffs, bow has nothing + bugged when rogue has some %haste, it almost doesn't affect speed of bow attacks) and even compared to duggar daggers, also I hope new bow(s) will be good in pvp (give it same stats as daggers except atk speed).

Entities
08-10-2021, 05:05 PM
will boss damage gear or possibly elite damage work on the kraken while his buffs are active?

menreiki.hayagan11
08-11-2021, 12:00 AM
Devs, it's been long time since rogue had good bow (last good bow was immortal corruption but nerfed for no reason, it wasn't even that strong), I hope this expansion rogues will get bow as real weapon to kill bosses (better chances to proc, more damage from attacks, chance to avoid enemy dodge in pvp). Atm duggar bow is just a trash compared to skratch gun (gun has 2-3 targets + debuffs, bow has nothing + bugged when rogue has some %haste, it almost doesn't affect speed of bow attacks) and even compared to duggar daggers, also I hope new bow(s) will be good in pvp (give it same stats as daggers except atk speed).Yah I hope this expansion would be rogue's Arc/Era or just balanced.

Sent from my RMX2180 using Tapatalk

Kuya_Pogi
08-11-2021, 01:15 AM
Hi guys!

While we are busy enjoying the summer themed beach burglar event and protecting those party supplies, I came out with this idea to create a NEW and HOT aura wisp suggestion.[emoji3526]

[emoji91] THE FIRE EMBER AURA [emoji91]

I really hope that we can have this kind of aura wisp opposite to the water surfer's aura [emoji305] of the current event. [emoji179]

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210811/100a51840f6451deb2d8191586fcb364.jpg

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Susanne
08-11-2021, 03:07 AM
Devs, it's been long time since rogue had good bow (last good bow was immortal corruption but nerfed for no reason, it wasn't even that strong), I hope this expansion rogues will get bow as real weapon to kill bosses (better chances to proc, more damage from attacks, chance to avoid enemy dodge in pvp). Atm duggar bow is just a trash compared to skratch gun (gun has 2-3 targets + debuffs, bow has nothing + bugged when rogue has some %haste, it almost doesn't affect speed of bow attacks) and even compared to duggar daggers, also I hope new bow(s) will be good in pvp (give it same stats as daggers except atk speed).

Yes. Please make this happen.

Oakmaiden
08-11-2021, 07:34 AM
Hi guys!

While we are busy enjoying the summer themed beach burglar event and protecting those party supplies, I came out with this idea to create a NEW and HOT aura wisp suggestion.[emoji3526]

[emoji91] THE FIRE EMBER AURA [emoji91]

I really hope that we can have this kind of aura wisp opposite to the water surfer's aura [emoji305] of the current event. [emoji179]

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210811/100a51840f6451deb2d8191586fcb364.jpg

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210811/a316844a9d836df1423b632743f96564.jpg
Krampus Aura is what ya need..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CedeOmi
08-12-2021, 02:50 AM
Can't wait to see the new content.

TheMadElf
08-12-2021, 03:48 AM
Glad to hear kraken will be final boss for expansion :)

Sent from my moto g play (2021) using Tapatalk

Immortal_Blood
08-13-2021, 07:20 PM
I was imagining fighting the kraken in my head when reading that ; it was awesome !

From my nerd POV , graphics can be terrible so long as the objective is challenging and requires deep thought .

I WONT say much , because I know devs know what to do . . .

BUT , from gamers perspective , I recommend give bosses above average health points upon launching the expansion .

Perhaps add update for new event/new zone - ‘damage to enemies in this zone is determined by the amount of damage one could of dealt during a period of time , and not by how much damage the player actually dealt’ .

When delving DEEP into that mechanic it gets a little confusing for me AND it’ll most likely require tonnes of code , so it’s unlikely it will be implemented .

But, for example, one (player) may receive a 50% damage ‘hit’ upon the enemy because they just stopped attacking .

Now another player has sunken armor proc , it activates , but they do not go into range , therefore %damage of sequence is reduced .

Another player has no proc and does not use trap , or razor shield , has no procs , pretty newbie really , perhaps can exploit this mechanic though (Hits 100% easier) .

So now we are in same issue where we must reward those with good damage . Ha

But Ay , we go further into this rabbit hole . . . The reward (the actual loot drop) is determined by how hard it was for you to receive maximum damage hit sequence of 100% .

Someone else uses trap , uses razor shield bleed , uses nox bolt , sunken armor , and Duggar dagger (all the multi hit mechanics) , hits so much and is rewarded more at the end of the zone , but the enemy is no harder to kill than someone who is totally noob .

So in effect the rich get richer , but the poor can still get rich , and are not looked down upon for having trash gear .

Unfortunately that seems like a lot of work, lol

Immortal_Blood
08-13-2021, 07:24 PM
Measuring damage dealt and rewards dealt by the amount of hits dealt, pfffttt hahahaha

Dexblack
08-16-2021, 11:14 AM
We are all excited for the new expansion.!

Ak_paradox
08-18-2021, 03:29 AM

Kraken.

Phase 1:

Taunt mechanic:

Fist mechanic:

Phase 2:

Phase 3:

----------------------

As the expansion release draws closer, you'll start seeing these previews more often. So, feel free to continue to let us know what kind of previews you'd like to see! See you next week![emoji3590][emoji3590][emoji3590][emoji3590][emoji3590]

ign- Sherlock

chiiwawa
08-22-2021, 10:34 AM
really didnt enjoy this event but im not complaining.

pluto808808
08-23-2021, 12:52 AM
Bump bump barb in my inv I have no idea how to get it out for the free

julysch
08-24-2021, 09:15 AM
Expansion yay :))

Kennyosas
08-25-2021, 04:02 AM
Just got back into the game.