PDA

View Full Version : OMG, Snipers. They're everywhere!

vidarr666
05-28-2012, 09:21 AM
It's all sh*** and giggles until someone snipes your kill..

What I'm talking about are vampires who thrive on getting second-hand kills. They wait for the right time to swoop in and steal your kill.

Imagine being in pvp. You're in an intense 1on1 bout, then someone decides to come leaping/swarming and the person is granted the kill. After then you end up with 1/8 of your HP, limping and looking for a heart (this is when i flip the switch and burn myself).

I reckon the pvp system should award the kill to the vampire who did most of the damage and not the one who sucked the last drop of blood.

What d'ya reckon?

Cheers, mate!

Plaguemaw
05-28-2012, 09:57 AM
But what if player A is fighting player B, B kills A and has 1/8th hp remaining and then player C kills B?
Does player A still get the kill for doing more damage in the fight?

Sent from my SPH-M930BST using Tapatalk 2

maneatingtree
05-28-2012, 10:05 AM
Divine thats an excellent point

Xaphan Fox
05-28-2012, 10:56 AM
It's a team sport. I care not about others stats. If I see a member of my team fighting someone else... I'm going to help.

I will not hang back and let someone duel someone else in the middle of TEAM capture the flag or TEAM death match.

Sorry boss.

Enjoy free for all deathmatch or duel maps if they ever come out.

Until then I'm going to attack your targets.

...and if someone lets you run in first and absorb the first volley... well, in war, not everyone can be a king. Someone needs to be the pawns.

MWAHAHAHHAAH!

Jk

Not really...

Bark bark

vidarr666
05-28-2012, 11:13 AM
But what if player A is fighting player B, B kills A and has 1/8th hp remaining and then player C kills B?
Does player A still get the kill for doing more damage in the fight?

Sent from my SPH-M930BST using Tapatalk 2

Yes, i reckon Player A should get credit for the 'work' he's done on Player B. Player C can be credited with an 'Assist' stat or something. It just puts balance in the pvp scene in my opinion.

vidarr666
05-28-2012, 11:22 AM
It's a team sport. I care not about others stats. If I see a member of my team fighting someone else... I'm going to help.

I will not hang back and let someone duel someone else in the middle of TEAM capture the flag or TEAM death match.

Sorry boss.

Enjoy free for all deathmatch or duel maps if they ever come out.

Until then I'm going to attack your targets.

...and if someone lets you run in first and absorb the first volley... well, in war, not everyone can be a king. Someone needs to be the pawns.

MWAHAHAHHAAH!

Jk

Not really...

Bark bark

Hey boss! :D glad you took time to have your input on this.

It is indeed a TEAM concept. There's nothing wrong with helping out your teammates but i reckon the credit of the kill, in my opinion, should be given to the player who deserved it. A bonus stat of an 'Assist' could be handed out to the teammate who had the heart to help a mate.

The idea of having a free for all match intrigues me. That should be intense!

Cheers, mate!

Bigtokes
06-06-2012, 02:42 AM
I'm not against sacking myself in the flag room to soften up defenders but no credit for kills mercing my k/d ratio hurts. Also y no ranking for wins and only kills?

wvhills
06-06-2012, 07:28 AM

That's me. Haha. If I see 2 people in the flag room and then see I have a team mate coming to help then I'll definitely rush in and try to damage them as much as possible so the other guy can get the flag. After I die I'll even try to get the fast feet and fly back to the room to run interference for them on the way back.

It doesn't help my stats any but I have fun doing it. My reward is being spammed game invites from the good players when I'm hanging out in town. :)

IMO, you're reputation speaks louder than ur stats.

ArtStar
06-06-2012, 10:43 PM
I hate when I'm the one in the intense 1v1 dual, and then one of their teammates swoop in and kills me. lol.

Stout
06-07-2012, 06:05 AM
I hate when I'm the one in the intense 1v1 dual, and then one of their teammates swoop in and kills me. lol.

that isnt bad at all...comparing when one of your team mate turns his back on you (mind you..hes full HP) just before 1v1 or 1v2 duel...but after awhile he suddenly comes back for the final kills...mmmh smart boy! lol.

StompArtist
06-07-2012, 07:56 AM
That's me. Haha. If I see 2 people in the flag room and then see I have a team mate coming to help then I'll definitely rush in and try to damage them as much as possible so the other guy can get the flag. After I die I'll even try to get the fast feet and fly back to the room to run interference for them on the way back.

It doesn't help my stats any but I have fun doing it. My reward is being spammed game invites from the good players when I'm hanging out in town. :)

IMO, you're reputation speaks louder than ur stats.

... and that is why it's fun to PvP alongside the man from the hills!

ArtStar
06-07-2012, 02:35 PM
that isnt bad at all...comparing when one of your team mate turns his back on you (mind you..hes full HP) just before 1v1 or 1v2 duel...but after awhile he suddenly comes back for the final kills...mmmh smart boy! lol.

Meh, lol

Lowlyspy
06-07-2012, 02:43 PM
A kill is a kill. If you "steal" it, cool. If you work for it, cool. Regardless, you earned the kill, the person who almost killed them did not.

YuNoEatBeaRs
06-07-2012, 06:34 PM
I always hated the term "kill steal" in a team game, especially here, where all it takes is 4 button presses to kill, the split sec that your teammate decides to be gentleman and let you pick up the kill, the enemy could get off a VS or leap and take you out, then you'll blame your teammate for not doing anything.

Yeah sometimes it sucks, but for the common good you'll have to take it with a grain of salt.

Lady_Pebbles
06-10-2012, 04:47 AM
I agree with Test and YouNoEatBears (+1 for funny forum name). XD

Shii... Err... "stuff" happens and as the other saying goes, theres no "I" in "Team". lol x)