PDA

View Full Version : Ambassadors of Alterra Program News!

Airrie
05-28-2012, 02:32 PM
What’s up everyone!

I’m writing this out for everyone to be on the ‘know’ with what’s happening with the Ambassadors of Alterra program.

You may or may not have heard a rumor or two so I’m here to clarify! :D So put on your hard hats and listen up, because the AoA program is indeed going under construction!
We’ll be temporarily closing down AoA operation as we make some changes to the private discussion boards, rules, and application questions. Once everything is in order, we’ll open it back up with a fresh new coat of paint! (Construction may take up to a month!)

"So what does this mean for me?"
With the re-launch of AoA, we’re starting fresh. All existing AoA’s and those previously interested in the program are equally encouraged to apply. An equal opportunity for everyone as we take our next big step into a new direction!
Keep an eye out for announcements as we go through this process.
Let’s keep this thread positive, and I’ll try and answer all questions you have.

Thanks guys! :watermelon:

Deatharcherr
05-28-2012, 02:40 PM
Can i be an aoa?xD(thats my question)^_^

Lowlyspy
05-28-2012, 02:41 PM
So the all the ambassadors are getting fired and the program is essentially getting a factory reset? Must say i'm intrigued as to how this turns out.

Deatharcherr
05-28-2012, 02:41 PM
will the 2x exp will end today or tomorrow?

Nick41324
05-28-2012, 02:47 PM
So, will there be a restart of the GOA program as well?

Chickenrunnn
05-28-2012, 02:49 PM
So the all the ambassadors are getting fired and the program is essentially getting a factory reset?

If it does, it was a pleasure to help you all :'(.. And I'll continue to do so ofc :'(..

Buddyf97
05-28-2012, 02:56 PM
AoA came so fast, and now it's gonna be gone so fast :.(

Skeletonlord
05-28-2012, 02:58 PM
will the 2x exp will end today or tomorrow?

Tomorrow. Memorial day today :)

octavos
05-28-2012, 02:59 PM
If you did well in the program while you were in it, you should have no problem getting back in.
now when the brainstorming is done, can these be applied to the other programs also?

Buffedbear Pl
05-28-2012, 03:01 PM
AoA came so fast, and now it's gonna be gone so fast :.(

But it's gonna come back so fast... :)

Matutd
05-28-2012, 03:01 PM
I'm not gonna re-app,y for AoA, but that doesn't mean I can't continue to help in game. Becoming AoA is too much of a popularity contest now, and I refuse to be a part of it. Now, I'm not saying the AoA aren't doing a good job, but there's no real need to be a part except for the recognition. If you are devoted to helping, the title means nothing.

WoundedEagle
05-28-2012, 03:02 PM
So, will there be a restart of the GOA program as well?

I wouldn't be surprised :/

Matutd
05-28-2012, 03:05 PM
I wouldn't be surprised :/
I can't see it happening. GoA was a reward for helping, that's like taking the world cup from a team and saying we're starting again. It's never gonna happen

NECROREAPER
05-28-2012, 03:07 PM
I can't see it happening. GoA was a reward for helping, that's like taking the world cup from a team and saying we're starting again. It's never gonna happen

You'd be surprised

WoundedEagle
05-28-2012, 03:07 PM

But many are AFK forever and don't really deserve the award. Making it possible to be a Hall of Fame Guardian...

Matutd
05-28-2012, 03:10 PM
But many are AFK forever and don't really deserve the award. Making it possible to be a Hall of Fame Guardian...
Of course they deserve it! They helped when they were around and so they should be allowed to keep the title. GoAs don't need to do anything now, they were awarded it for what they have done, not what was expected of them. It's only fair if they keep the award. It's not like they're taking spots which other people could have, if there is gonna be more, they can easily make more without having to take away the title from others. There's no real need to restart it

CodyBearr
05-28-2012, 03:14 PM
Good... Hope they revamp GoA aswell

Lowlyspy
05-28-2012, 03:22 PM
I'm not gonna re-app,y for AoA, but that doesn't mean I can't continue to help in game. Becoming AoA is too much of a popularity contest now, and I refuse to be a part of it. Now, I'm not saying the AoA aren't doing a good job, but there's no real need to be a part except for the recognition. If you are devoted to helping, the title means nothing.
Glad somebody gets it, brofist /]

maneatingtree
05-28-2012, 03:23 PM
I had a good time serving meh... Country? Land? Anyways was good a good feeling helping new players and givin them somethin to remember me bi (hat) and also a great way to meet epic ppl who keep this game going ;)

Matutd
05-28-2012, 03:25 PM
Glad somebody gets it, brofist /]
Where I come from, we have bro-hoofs :P *bro-hoof*

Bilaxman
05-28-2012, 03:58 PM
It was a pleasure being part of this guild. :) Best of luck to the future ambassadors. See you all in game!

Cahaun
05-28-2012, 04:03 PM
It was super fun talking to and helping new people and doing the contests with everyone! It's been an honor being an ambassador.

Nick41324
05-28-2012, 04:21 PM
Is that not what they are doing with aoa? Lol
Ive been in aoa since the very start. Myself and a a chosen few other built aoa from the ground up. We made aoa what it is today. Getting this news is like a kick in the nuts. No joke.

Airrie
05-28-2012, 04:30 PM
Hey folks,

This has absolutely nothing to do with GoA's

Nick41324
05-28-2012, 04:31 PM
Hey folks,

This has absolutely nothing to do with GoA's
Why are you restarting aoa?..

Airrie
05-28-2012, 04:32 PM
AoA's are not fired.

We wanted to set an example for everyone, for a fair opportunity by having them submit applications also. This means agreeing to new rules, and giving everyone else a fair chance at applying alongside those who were once in the program. Do you understand the idea behind this? :)

Deatharcherr
05-28-2012, 04:34 PM
can i apply for aoa?

Airrie
05-28-2012, 04:35 PM
Why are you restarting aoa?..

New rules, new direction.

Buddyf97
05-28-2012, 04:35 PM
AoA's are not fired.

We wanted to set an example for everyone, for a fair opportunity by having them submit applications also. This means agreeing to new rules, and giving everyone else a fair chance at applying alongside those who were once in the program. Do you understand the idea behind this? :)

But the people who are not in AoA still have a chance to get in, by sending in an application. That application system is still running, so why restart?

Airrie
05-28-2012, 04:36 PM
can i apply for aoa?

Yes, there's no need to apply now :)

Application boards will go down. There will be a period where we won't have a place to apply. Once we're ready to start back up, we'll have new App boards where you can apply

Airrie
05-28-2012, 04:38 PM
But the people who are not in AoA still have a chance to get in, by sending in an application. That application system is still running, so why restart?

Hey Buddy,

We have private boards you can check out. There are a couple of topics going on with more details on this subject. Feel free to check it out :)

dugantale
05-28-2012, 04:55 PM
So question? If you made it and u are in do u get to go back in or am I lost? And will this happen to the other ambassador programs?

NECROREAPER
05-28-2012, 05:06 PM
So question? If you made it and u are in do u get to go back in or am I lost? And will this happen to the other ambassador programs?

Only AoA program is affected. If you were in the AoA program before you will need to reapply alongside everyone else

LwMark
05-28-2012, 05:16 PM
Hey i like the AOAs we have now .alot of them do help and are very helpful an knowledgable.look forward to see the new people to.hopefully mote parties n events !

Imo dont do anythin to GOAs they helped out so much in PL with guides and info . Id like to see new ones to. Good job all

-LW

Airrie
05-28-2012, 05:35 PM
1. This has absolutely nothing to do with GoA's guys. :)
2. This has absolutely no affect on AoB and AoC programs
3. LwMark's comment is a testament to the excellent work of AoA's. We are just a bunch of really cool players, just like you guys. We're just working through a process here that will benefit the community even greater in the long run.

Elixirgod
05-28-2012, 06:29 PM
Can i be an aoa?xD(thats my question)^_^

You have to send a app to get in! :)

Phoenixking
05-28-2012, 06:36 PM
Ive been in aoa since the very start. Myself and a a chosen few other built aoa from the ground up. We made aoa what it is today. Getting this news is like a kick in the nuts. No joke.
It didn't kick me o.o

Appleisaac
05-28-2012, 06:56 PM
AoA is over? O.o

EDIT: now that I read comments, I feel like an idiot. ;)

By the comments that many "former AoAs" have been posting, it seems that this is the first anyone has heard of the program starting over. O.o This should be interesting...

Phoenixking
05-28-2012, 08:10 PM
AoA is over? O.o

EDIT: now that I read comments, I feel like an idiot. ;)

By the comments that many "former AoAs" have been posting, it seems that this is the first anyone has heard of the program starting over. O.o This should be interesting...
In my honest opinion it doesn't seem interesting enough. Lol.

limzijie
05-28-2012, 09:27 PM
i want to be AoA to help players LOL faster go back up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

miguelherbert
05-28-2012, 10:53 PM
Ill try to apply once its open again and help the ppl that speak spanish since there is a languange barrier there :)

Roc
05-28-2012, 11:13 PM
I remember just before joining AoA that I had posted something about wanting to make more friends and through AoA I met so many nice and helpful people that making friends with them was easy. I wasn't there for the very, very beginning but I think AoA will always have a lot going for it whatever may come and I'm happy to see it off. It's not the end but a new beginning! :)

Swimmingstar
05-28-2012, 11:18 PM
You don't have to be an AoA to help. If I was helping every second while playing, I wouldn't want to be an AoA because I would stand out. I would help on a level 1. :)

LwMark
05-28-2012, 11:23 PM
There are like 5 or so AOAs i can name off rip that really deserve being a AOA and i always see them in game just doin a amazing job.

Some of the others i usually see on there regular alts. Not so much on their l10s. Does not mean there not helping and stuff.

But some i just.never see online ever.

Idk how they choose new AOAs but it seems that most are well known on forums who are chosen. Do AOAs pick new AOAs or do devs/mods pick them? If its AOAs picking them i can understand why most are chosen then. Because i know many non- forumers who are very known ingame imo and are excelle.t canidates. But i feel like they wouldnt get chosen cause they are not a forumer.

So yes if you guys decide a new way of choosing members that would be awesome for the many players who do not use forums.

Well then i just realized that the non-forumers are not chosen cause they wouldnt know about the application process. Maybe you guys should post a text where you post the patches in the log in screen ingame.

Lookinh forward to seeing what youguys decide ! :)

Kiwihawk
05-28-2012, 11:45 PM
There are like 5 or so AOAs i can name off rip that really deserve being a AOA and i always see them in game just doin a amazing job.

Some of the others i usually see on there regular alts. Not so much on their l10s. Does not mean there not helping and stuff.

But some i just.never see online ever.

Idk how they choose new AOAs but it seems that most are well known on forums who are chosen. Do AOAs pick new AOAs or do devs/mods pick them? If its AOAs picking them i can understand why most are chosen then. Because i know many non- forumers who are very known ingame imo and are excelle.t canidates. But i feel like they wouldnt get chosen cause they are not a forumer.

So yes if you guys decide a new way of choosing members that would be awesome for the many players who do not use forums.

Well then i just realized that the non-forumers are not chosen cause they wouldnt know about the application process. Maybe you guys should post a text where you post the patches in the log in screen ingame.

Lookinh forward to seeing what youguys decide ! :)

Hope I Was One Of The 5 Jk :)

Roc
05-29-2012, 12:00 AM
You don't have to be an AoA to help. If I was helping every second while playing, I wouldn't want to be an AoA because I would stand out. I would help on a level 1. :)

[This isn't just directed to Swim but to anyone with reservations about AoA because of the feeling that it is unnecessary]

I've read this (not needing to be in AoA to help) a lot, both now as AoA closes for a bit and in the past as the program has come under scrutiny. Although I told myself I wasn't going to say anything, I guess I'm not very convincing to myself XD but perhaps what I say next will be. This is just how I feel having been involved for a while. Not since the very beginning, but for a while.

I cannot say absolutely that this is true, but I am fairly certain that the original AoA were chosen because they had proven they were helping or they nominated someone else who they believed were helpful. A tight knit group, I am sure of it, is what they were. AoA, to me, is kind of like an in-game family just like any other guild. I am grateful I was able to experience that kind of positive camaraderie as it was my first ever experience with a guild of any kind. Being in a group so fun, so willing to help new (and even old!) players become better is an excellent in-game experience.

Yes, there are other helping guilds and yes, you do not have to be in AoA to help. I wasn't in any guild before hand and I was indeed helping in-game before I joined AoA but I can say this for certain: my time helping as AoA has been the most enjoyable experience of my time playing Pocket Legends. If anyone wants to tell me that it's wrong to want to be a part of that, please do. I'm always willing to listen and give my feedback :)

Does AoA help new players? Yes, yes it most certainly does. I am only one person, but the number of people I have helped understand their stats, understand how to use their skills, worked with to learn combos, even helped go through the cs to purchase their first piece of gear, is well over any number that would stick in my brain (not 9,000, not 13, not 21, not pi lol). AoA is worthwhile. Standing out with a title and funky gear are both worthwhile. AoA are there to provide trustworthy knowledge and if they don't know the answer they have a guild of helpful people to pull on.

Perhaps the argument against me now is, "You should only want to join because you want to help people! Not for a friendly guild." A valid point, and my only response to that is that is why there are applications. That is why I read tons of apps nearly every day. To find those helpful people, to go in game and talk with them, it takes work. Having a guild of helpful people who are assertive enough to do those things on their own, why wouldn't that work ethic alone attract people to join? Join just for the guild environment? I think someone like that would also naturally be a helpful person. (Maybe it's naive to think that...I'll think on that later XD)

Maybe other people won't agree with me about how I see the Ambassadors of Alterra program, but this is all born from my experience. I don't regret a minute of it and I hope that when AoA opens up again that the community won't regret AoA either :)

Sorry for all the text! My eyes are like O.O right now XD

Skeletonlord
05-29-2012, 12:14 AM
Let me just say that I have loved my time as an ambassador. It has been the best experience of my PL career. If I don't get re-elected, I will always be in game helping new players.

Kiwihawk
05-29-2012, 12:18 AM
Let me just say that I have loved my time as an ambassador. It has been the best experience of my PL career. If I don't get re-elected, I will always be in game helping new players.
Same Here :D

Coke
05-29-2012, 01:35 AM
I dont know why everyone is so desperate to becoming an AOA. You don't have to join AOA to be a really good helper in the game, also i agree with Matutd, this has become a popularity contest. Also most of the AOA's will probably not be re-selected because Airrie wants to give people that haven't been picked yet a chance to be in the program.

LwMark
05-29-2012, 02:01 AM
i bet since theres a new start that the first AOAs will keep there unique party hats :)
i still think some of the original AOAs should stay AOAs

NECROREAPER
05-29-2012, 03:01 AM
To be honest, when the program is disbanded for the short while and were all on our own, I won't be another helper person. If I don't get rechosen, I'm not gonna join like "helparsRus" or some thing. To be honest (yes, I used it twice), I'm just gonna keep doing what I've been doing this whole time, ever since before becoming an AoA.

The Ambassador program isn't about helping new players, it's about providing an extremely friendly and welcoming experience to new and seasoned players alike, which encompasses many things (answering questions, giving advice, making friends, having community events, etc.). The community as a whole has made the Ambassador programs into something it's not; it was never intended to be a mobile, live Q&A character, but for some reason that's what some people have come to disrespect and loathe. This is why the program needs a fresh new start, a clean slate from the community and itself, if you will, to become the program it always wanted and was designed to be, not some hate filled or ignorance driven question bot.

Back to my first paragraph, I said I wouldn't be putting my self out there as yet another 'helper,' it's not what I'm about, nor what I've ever seemed to accomplish with my time in game. I've been enjoying the game all along, before AoA came about and even on my AoA character, and I've been trying to get others to feel that same feel-good vibe that I've been feeding off of for the past almost two years. I guess I must've been doing something right by doing that if if I was selected to be an AoA, but I wasn't helping to get something out of it, which people don't seem to do so much nowadays, which also leads to criticism about the program.

At any rate, I bid my fellow AoA adieu and wish that you don't lose sight of the goal.

A hui hou,
-PK

Swords
05-29-2012, 08:23 AM
Remodel or Makeover?

Livemau
05-29-2012, 09:43 AM
gl everyone

Whirlzap
05-29-2012, 07:22 PM
Meh this is close to sounding like a lock.
Maybe it would've been better to just make a sticky locked thread.

Anyways, just to clarify a few points:

-AoA is closing down. To give EVERYONE a fair chance.
The first AoA didn't have to even get a fair chance when joining.

@Nick: I was also here since the very beginning.
In fact it was the Siejo and I who started first thinking about making the very guild all of the AoA are in right now.
Except I beat him to it.
;D
I see this as the perfect idea of how to restart AoA and fix what's been going on.
Note how Airrie said IF you were doing good.
Could've been maybe some members weren't fit for all the meet and greet stuff and were more of the quiet kind/did not enjoy the AoA's duty.

-The first AoA recruits DID NOT have to apply.
We were chosen directly by the STS team and had our names listed in a thread.
We were sent PMs and everything.
We had a lot of freedom.
We picked the AoA hat that everyone in PL has pretty much waved to and seen.
We were the ones, who along with Pandar, decided to do first, nominations by current AoA members, and then self-nominations for the whole community.
We had about a month to decide for all of this and then in came all the excited new members, the parties, all the demand.
You guys have more time with Airrie now.
My advice: Keep it at a slow pace. Don't go crazy and overwhelm yourselves.

Elyseon
05-29-2012, 11:57 PM
I, for one, think this is a good change
It's already a different AoA since the moderator changed from the original
I think it will be beneficial for Airrie to start it with desired design plan and all

Idk if I will re-apply, but the revamp is very encouraging to me, that mistakes were noted and are being fixed
Either way you don't need to be an AoA to help people

Zaonabiuibil
05-31-2012, 03:39 PM
If the old method was somehow flawed, I believe they SHOULD do everything to fix it, if it's a coverup to get rid of the bad seeds who masqueraded as an AoA just for the title, then that's also understandable. All-in-all, don't hate on this, it's a brilliant idea and I can't wait to see the improvements!

XghostzX
05-31-2012, 04:27 PM

Try being part of the game since the very first week PL came out. I've helped out this community just as much as you have Nick, you shouldn't be upset. You know you're a true helper right? I'm pretty sure that's all that matters. I won't be applying for AoA, I think it's been changed into something that hasn't been for the best, just in my opinion. I feel like it's one of those things - Don't fix something if it's not broken. I loved having the GoA's back then leading our community. I always looked up to those guys; Apollo, Redryder, etc. You can't ask for better leaders. Times go on, things change.

Not raging, just my thoughts. Although, good luck with the new system. I'm sure it'll turn out okay.

FluffNStuff
05-31-2012, 04:55 PM
In the new system, will players still be picking AoA's?

Cahaun
05-31-2012, 05:00 PM
1. This has absolutely nothing to do with GoA's guys. :)
2. This has absolutely no affect on AoB and AoC programs
3. LwMark's comment is a testament to the excellent work of AoA's. We are just a bunch of really cool players, just like you guys. We're just working through a process here that will benefit the community even greater in the long run.
Oh ok

Appleisaac
05-31-2012, 05:28 PM

Your going to get picked again :P. IMO that much is obvious. ;)

CrimsonTider
05-31-2012, 06:28 PM
*creeps out from the dark forum shadows*

All I have to say is THANK YOU to STS for being one of the ones chosen in the first batch. I, like many others, will not apply for the next generation as I am officially retired. However, it does not mean that I won't consider giving feedback if asked. We were a part of the first generqtion and noone will ever be able to take that away. As many others have stated, we don't need a silly title to be a helpful, respected member of the community. I will not say names, but there are a few current members who should be apart of the new group and I will make sure to make my case for those individuals.

As for the GoA argument: I think people need to start understanding the difference and stop trying to compare the two. This is where AoA's are getting the bad reps as people say this is for "popularity." Just enjoy the game...

Hope you guys are having a wonderful summer! Miss chatting with some of ya! Have fun, stay safe, and remember Crim loves ya!

*Creeps back into the forum shadows*

Appleisaac
05-31-2012, 06:35 PM
O.o
I wonder how many threads Crim actually reads O.o

Subscriber
05-31-2012, 09:58 PM

See this a lot, they need to actually help. Do runs. Answer questions. Its awfully simple to be honest yet it aint happening.

Lowlyspy
05-31-2012, 10:14 PM
See this a lot, they need to actually help. Do runs. Answer questions. Its awfully simple to be honest yet it aint happening.
How do you suppose they got their shield in the first place? GoA isn't a job either, even after the shield is given you are in no way expected to help everyone at a moments notice, it is simply a pat on the back for being such a good person.

Noodleleg
06-04-2012, 09:34 AM
Uhm... When exactly will AOA be running up again?

Skeletonlord
06-04-2012, 09:40 AM
Uhm... When exactly will AOA be running up again?

That still needs to be confirmed, but Airrie has announced that it will probably be sometime next month, which is around early/mid July.

We will announce when as we get closer to that time.

Whirlzap
06-04-2012, 10:09 AM
That still needs to be confirmed, but Airrie has announced that it will probably be sometime next month, which is around early/mid July.

He will announce when as we get closer to that time.

Hey, there.
He will announce. It won't be we, ok.

Sryyoulose
06-04-2012, 10:43 AM
Ok, I've gotten banned before (I said a bad word(The F one with a v instead of a u) ofc I thought everyone did this because i pvped. This was before I read the TOS now that I've read them I'm better informed :)

I'm wondering if I could still join AoA Thanks :)

NECROREAPER
06-04-2012, 01:44 PM
Ok, I've gotten banned before (I said a bad word(The F one with a v instead of a u) ofc I thought everyone did this because i pvped. This was before I read the TOS now that I've read them I'm better informed :)

The AoA program has been shut down for around a month as of today and will be open roughly at the beginning of July.

The program will be revamped and updated as will the application process. Until then though, no applications can be submitted, nor will the be reviewed. If you'd like to join the next AoA group, patiently wait until the beginning of July and wait for announcements from Airrie regarding the application and recruitment process.

Appleisaac
06-04-2012, 03:39 PM

Weren't you always "anti-AoA"?

NECROREAPER
06-04-2012, 03:40 PM

"if you can't beat em, join em"

Sryyoulose
06-04-2012, 05:41 PM

No I'm anti Certain AoA's, but now it's revamped I'm cool :)

Thegreenduck
06-11-2012, 12:22 PM
Quack!

Appleisaac
06-11-2012, 01:57 PM
Quack!

Nice revival duck :)
I havent seen you in-game in a while.

Floating
06-11-2012, 05:29 PM

Enough said... Everyone kneel to this guy! I beleive many people use AoA as a title to show they are kind of "recognised" through the community. If you want to help you should keep helping no matter this title. The title itself was made to motivate people into helping the community. Wise person wrote the above without bragging or stuff

DawnInfinity
06-12-2012, 01:46 PM
*creeps out from the dark forum shadows*

All I have to say is THANK YOU to STS for being one of the ones chosen in the first batch. I, like many others, will not apply for the next generation as I am officially retired. However, it does not mean that I won't consider giving feedback if asked. We were a part of the first generqtion and noone will ever be able to take that away. As many others have stated, we don't need a silly title to be a helpful, respected member of the community. I will not say names, but there are a few current members who should be apart of the new group and I will make sure to make my case for those individuals.

As for the GoA argument: I think people need to start understanding the difference and stop trying to compare the two. This is where AoA's are getting the bad reps as people say this is for "popularity." Just enjoy the game...

Hope you guys are having a wonderful summer! Miss chatting with some of ya! Have fun, stay safe, and remember Crim loves ya!

*Creeps back into the forum shadows*
^ This. Thank you.

LwMark
06-12-2012, 02:07 PM
i see no more aoas on there toons anymore or in fh...except for 1

Ujustgotnuked
06-18-2012, 04:19 PM
The people ive seen always on and helping people are, Bienvenue and thegreenduck and i hope you guys stay helping new people even if you are no longer in AoA but im pretty sure you will be, when you were playing, you guys were active and very helpful and i hope you 2 keep going to the end, thanx guys