PDA

View Full Version : An in-game bidding system

XghostzX
05-28-2012, 03:09 PM
Has anyone ever had an item that they wanted to sell for a high price, but has trouble reaching several people at once?

Sorry for the cheesy opening, but there should definitely be a system in game (next to the CS) where someone can list an item that everyone can bid on.

So the question would normally then be: What's the point of the CS then? What I think (although this is highly unlikely to be implemented) The point of the CS would be for a bid price that must be lower than the buy out price. Pretty simple.

I'm just taking a look at the Trader's Market and looking at all of the threads in which people are bidding on. That new dragon helm; I'd love to see a legit system where people could bid on it.

Thoughts? :)

Piosidon
05-28-2012, 03:18 PM
And why are those things called auction slots?

XchilangopwnX
05-28-2012, 03:33 PM
This system would be great for all three games and those to come! In a PC game I played this system worked very good. You would set a buyout price, a starting bidding price, and set the amount of time you want the item to be listed.
Auction list would have to show the timer on every bidding item in the market though. It will probably be a bunch of coding to get this to work. Devs may consider this but I don't know if it would get implemented soon. Possibly in the future. Great suggestion though! :o

JaytB
05-28-2012, 03:40 PM
Has anyone ever had an item that they wanted to sell for a high price, but has trouble reaching several people at once?

Sorry for the cheesy opening, but there should definitely be a system in game (next to the CS) where someone can list an item that everyone can bid on.

So the question would normally then be: What's the point of the CS then? What I think (although this is highly unlikely to be implemented) The point of the CS would be for a bid price that must be lower than the buy out price. Pretty simple.

I'm just taking a look at the Trader's Market and looking at all of the threads in which people are bidding on. That new dragon helm; I'd love to see a legit system where people could bid on it.

Thoughts? :)

That's exactly how it works in O&C, and people abuse it to the extreme, to sell stuff apparently cheap, while it's not. It would take too long to explain all the details, but it's basically that auctions are sorted by the bid price. So people sell a lot of stuff for a low bid price and a fairly high 'buy-out' price. They flood the market with the same crap so that the actual cheap items take long to search for, or are far down or in the middle of the list. And since people usually want the item immediately, they don't know/want to search a list of 1000's items to find something cheaper. If you want to know exactly what I mean, I'd suggest you check out O&C yourself and see if you like it. It's hard to describe in a couple of sentences what a mess it really is. You could also sort on buy-out price, but then it would be hard to find where the lowest bid currently is.

So yeah, I like the way CS works here better. An easier and better overview, without a chance that merchants would 'game' the system to lure inexperienced players to buy their stuff at high prices. But then again, that's only my personal opinion about it :)

XghostzX
05-28-2012, 06:08 PM
That's exactly how it works in O&C, and people abuse it to the extreme, to sell stuff apparently cheap, while it's not. It would take too long to explain all the details, but it's basically that auctions are sorted by the bid price. So people sell a lot of stuff for a low bid price and a fairly high 'buy-out' price. They flood the market with the same crap so that the actual cheap items take long to search for, or are far down or in the middle of the list. And since people usually want the item immediately, they don't know/want to search a list of 1000's items to find something cheaper. If you want to know exactly what I mean, I'd suggest you check out O&C yourself and see if you like it. It's hard to describe in a couple of sentences what a mess it really is. You could also sort on buy-out price, but then it would be hard to find where the lowest bid currently is.

So yeah, I like the way CS works here better. An easier and better overview, without a chance that merchants would 'game' the system to lure inexperienced players to buy their stuff at high prices. But then again, that's only my personal opinion about it :)

Ow, alright, thanks for the feedback.