PDA

View Full Version : L40, PvE build

PianoWizzy
05-28-2012, 09:30 PM
I have no interest in PvPing as a comm for now, so I'm looking for some commando builds to further optimize my Voleria tanking. I have just hit 40 on my comm and so far have not used the last three abilities XD

Evidently I'm decent anyway but I think there was something about Back Breaker I hear being important.

My current build:
3 3 6 6
5 5 5 6
0 0 0

While tanking I like to use Gravity Well + [that slowing thingy] + Singularity, followed by Stomp once any of them get up.

Could I take in some suggestions for point rearrangement and combos?

Flowman
05-29-2012, 09:06 AM
0 1 0 4
0 6 4 6
6 6 6 -

Best PvE you can get in my opinion.

Don't need Hammer and Slam because hammer is single target and Slam is directional and not worth the trouble really.

You want pure AOE with the ability to stay alive while grouping the enemies.

Stomp at 1 because you really only need it to knock enemies down for combos or to get them off of you.

Singularity at 4 because it's where I put all my remaining points at the end.

Increase Mass at 6 because you're a tank and need to stay alive when you first run in to a big group. Helps take away that initial shock value of getting hit hard and high before you can use your other skills.

Kinetic reservoir is up to you, you don't need it if you like to use mana packs a lot, but I like the extra mana here and there. If you want more damage, get rid of it for other skills.

Gravity well at 6 because it's your main grouping skill. Use it whenever you need to get everyone in close. If it's anything like PL, the effects of it are stronger when it's higher.

Nebula at 6 because it's fantastic for ticking away health of enemies you're not directly shooting, and it hits very high when comboed with your boosted crit.

Growing Rage at 6 because the crit boost is insane. Use it with Nebula or back breaker combo and you'll take out those high health Mobs easily, while killing everything else around.

Back breaker at 6 because it combos with the 2 skills that knock enemies down for single target massive damage.

Just started playing SL again, but I'll argue anything in this build because I know it's one of the best PvE builds, with the exception of not needing Kinetic Reservoir.

PianoWizzy
05-29-2012, 09:43 AM
I neglected to mention how much I hate using stims D; Lol. Sounds good, thanks (:

Flowman
05-29-2012, 08:07 PM
shouldn't need too many stims with a good engineer teammate. But no one can give you mana back...which is why I use reservoir.

PianoWizzy
05-30-2012, 02:51 PM
shouldn't need too many stims with a good engineer teammate. But no one can give you mana back...which is why I use reservoir.

True, true. I don't like the idea of having to pray I have a decent eng behind me though. XD

enifreboz
07-05-2012, 06:43 AM
Hey what were you talking that at 1 , at 6. What are those number please explain ty .......He

iAmPain
07-05-2012, 07:28 PM
Hey what were you talking that at 1 , at 6. What are those number please explain ty .......He

hello mate, its how many skill points we put at a skill. you read it like that.

for example:
Skill A, B, C, D
Skill E, F, G, H
Skill I, J, K, L.

this is what it would look like in flow's post
A=0,B=1,C=0,D=4
E=0,F=6,G=4,H=6
I=6,J=6,K=6,L=0

hope this helps! :)

enifreboz
07-06-2012, 04:30 AM
Thanks dude

enifreboz
07-06-2012, 04:31 AM
Iampain can you please tell me some good combo's and builds in game not here ty

SkillFullGamer
07-21-2012, 10:11 PM
I have no interest in PvPing as a comm for now, so I'm looking for some commando builds to further optimize my Voleria tanking. I have just hit 40 on my comm and so far have not used the last three abilities XD

Evidently I'm decent anyway but I think there was something about Back Breaker I hear being important.

My current build:
3 3 6 6
5 5 5 6
0 0 0

While tanking I like to use Gravity Well + [that slowing thingy] + Singularity, followed by Stomp once any of th

Could I take in some suggestions for point rearrangement and combos?

"That slowing thingy"
Hmmmm piano......you worry me ...

PianoWizzy
07-21-2012, 10:49 PM
"That slowing thingy"
Hmmmm piano......you worry me ...

Lmao! I was listing these things from memory. It's Graviton Slam I know I know lol.

Flowman
07-22-2012, 11:13 AM
Hey Piano remember when I gave you the best commando build ever?

PianoWizzy
07-28-2012, 09:37 AM
Hey Piano remember when I gave you the best commando build ever?

XD I'm still using it. It's working kind of awkwardly in the Hive because of how fast those cursed facehuggers run but... it's not like I could come up with a better build lol :P

Kanozaki
07-28-2012, 11:39 AM
0 1 0 4
0 6 4 6
6 6 6 -

Best PvE you can get in my opinion.

Don't need Hammer and Slam because hammer is single target and Slam is directional and not worth the trouble really.

You want pure AOE with the ability to stay alive while grouping the enemies.

Stomp at 1 because you really only need it to knock enemies down for combos or to get them off of you.

Singularity at 4 because it's where I put all my remaining points at the end.

Increase Mass at 6 because you're a tank and need to stay alive when you first run in to a big group. Helps take away that initial shock value of getting hit hard and high before you can use your other skills.

Kinetic reservoir is up to you, you don't need it if you like to use mana packs a lot, but I like the extra mana here and there. If you want more damage, get rid of it for other skills.

Gravity well at 6 because it's your main grouping skill. Use it whenever you need to get everyone in close. If it's anything like PL, the effects of it are stronger when it's higher.

Nebula at 6 because it's fantastic for ticking away health of enemies you're not directly shooting, and it hits very high when comboed with your boosted crit.

Growing Rage at 6 because the crit boost is insane. Use it with Nebula or back breaker combo and you'll take out those high health Mobs easily, while killing everything else around.

Back breaker at 6 because it combos with the 2 skills that knock enemies down for single target massive damage.

Just started playing SL again, but I'll argue anything in this build because I know it's one of the best PvE builds, with the exception of not needing Kinetic Reservoir.

Perfect (: , honestly this would be an ideal com build.

Aracnus
07-28-2012, 11:41 AM
I would have no idea, i dont have a commando. XD

@Kano, also bro, please reply to my PM

SkillFullGamer
09-13-2012, 08:29 PM
Piano has a guide I.never saw O.O