PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Drops Pattern Finding Exercise - HELP!

Pakax
05-29-2012, 10:49 AM
Hi guys,

It would be interesting to find out if there is any type of pattern to dragon drops. I am not aware if an answer has already been provided for this (I looked). That way, people looking for a particular color may be able to focus their efforts as I would assume golden drops everywhere anyway (but it even more rare).
I have sen two drops:

Red Helm - Gobbles - 100% certified
Golden Armor - Emma - 50% certified (could have been Gobbles)

Any one remember other drops?

Gaunab
05-29-2012, 10:56 AM
Red Helm - Crypt - 100%

Jsaieagle
05-29-2012, 11:16 AM
i think they can be looted from all the bosses of Mount Fang?

Drizzid
05-29-2012, 11:17 AM
No pattern just rare.

Pakax
05-29-2012, 11:34 AM
@Jsaieagle - yes they can drop from all bosses, the question I am asking is: can they all drop from all bosses? It might be the case but until we identify a pattern (which may be that they drop everywhere, then I do not have the answer).

@Drizzid - is that a proven fact or your humble opinion? Did one of the devs confirm this somewhere and I didn't find it?

Physiologic
05-29-2012, 11:48 AM
Please provide screenshots for these drops, or any other future drops!

Pakax
05-29-2012, 11:50 AM
oh very good point. I don't have screenshots for mine but I agree fully: screenshots please

Back
05-29-2012, 12:03 PM
whenever I ask someone where it dropped or something like that. Users usually say emma, gobble.and duke.. Blue is so far the rarest or I think it is.. Correct me here..

Duke is dropping the highest amount of Red as most users said (3 to be exact). Gold is everywhere but is coming from Duke and Gobble mostly. Green is for emma, I can confirm one drop as I was there.

So far Duke is winning. Mostly because, xp runners prefer it and farming party joins after xp party leaves, to kill boss.

P.S. Please don't rain "Pics or didn't happen" thingy. If I had I'd have posted.

Sent from my GT-S5360 using Tapatalk 2

Ixillicus
05-29-2012, 12:06 PM
Red Helm - Crypt - 100%

I was in on this run, too. I can confirm. But since pics are apparently needed. (Censored to protect the lucky fella)

Ixillicus
05-29-2012, 12:09 PM
we all know ixi got it lol

Unfortunately not. Ixi, being me and all... I got that lovely green drop that says "You..."

Pakax
05-29-2012, 04:10 PM
Well, i used to the greens as well :-) i love it when i reroll greens...

Drizzid
05-29-2012, 04:36 PM
The reason Emma and gobbles have dropped the most is because they are the most frequently farmed. Until you have 30-50 drops all documented there is no way you'll find an accurate drop pattern, which there probably isn't anyways.

Random and rare, chances are you won't get one.

Chopper
05-29-2012, 06:05 PM
Random and rare, chances are you won't get one.

Agree. You'd probably be better off trying to map out which numbers on the roulette wheel come up the most in Vegas.

JaytB
05-29-2012, 06:39 PM
Great thread, hope to see more pics. Haven't seen anything drop so far myself :/

Pakax
05-29-2012, 07:10 PM
Hehe drizzid, i get your point about emma and gobbles but i would think there are more crypt runs actually, particularly this past w/end with the double xp, yet, still no crypt drop reported here.

I agree with your point about getting at least 30 + reported drops to get a feel (or not) for any possible pattern. Once again, i am not saying there is one (and if a dev see this - please feel free to provide details to clarify!)

As for getting or not getting one myself, well, time will tell i guess. I am a very patient farmer. Good luck to you in any case!

Drizzid
05-29-2012, 08:12 PM
I could be wrong but typically crypt runs are used solely for xp because unless someone can corner duke, or it's a thrasher group, he is a royal pain with those vamps.

Patience is a virtue that has escaped me, I'm far too sick of mt fang to keep going right now lol. Best of luck Pakax, I hope all that farming pays off for you.

The Flash
05-29-2012, 08:38 PM
I thought your drop was based on the color of your dragon pet. I had a blue dragon since it gave the best stat boost by itself(before patch). Then after the patch I forgot to switch to red which matches my elite set. Then I got a blue armor drop from emma. Could be totaly random though.

Pakax
05-30-2012, 03:19 AM
Yeah but i had the feeling people have also been killing the boss in crypt because of these potential dragons drops actually.

I am also fairly bored of running the same maps for over six months tbh, but i've mixed a little as i was also building my zero toon, so i got to play old maps which was refreshing :-))

Oh interesting re: the drop may depend if you are wearing a dragon or a particular color.

Back
05-30-2012, 04:51 AM
I could be wrong but typically crypt runs are used solely for xp because unless someone can corner duke, or it's a thrasher group, he is a royal pain with those vamps.

I've been farming with a bunch of random guys and most prefer killing inside and none use trasher. I too find it easy to kill inside mainly because "some users" don't understand the meaning of cornering..

Ixillicus
05-30-2012, 06:18 AM
The red helm I saw drop was to someone who didn't have a dragon. I believe it is random and I don't think the system factors in which dragon you have equipped. That would be challenging to program, I think the chances are just über-low

Rare
05-30-2012, 07:17 AM
I've been farming with a bunch of random guys and most prefer killing inside and none use trasher. I too find it easy to kill inside mainly because "some users" don't understand the meaning of cornering..

I personally find cornering boring. If I'm on my bear i will almost always go in if I'm the first one there. Depending on who is in the party.

Engelhard
05-30-2012, 10:32 AM
I have killed right at 400 bosses since dragon gear came out an have yet to see any drop but I did purchase a red dragon helmet from Jdubzi that was looted from Duke. No screenshots but I speak the truth.

shadow90
05-30-2012, 11:04 AM
Gold Dragon Armor - Crypt
100%

Chickenrunnn
05-30-2012, 11:09 AM
I was in on this run, too. I can confirm. But since pics are apparently needed. (Censored to protect the lucky fella)

You hid the name of guy who dropped the item.. Something u didn't see is that he spoke just after lol xD..

EDIT : Big NVM lol xD

Ixillicus
05-30-2012, 11:12 AM
Rofl ! You hid the name of guy who dropped the item.. Something u didn't see is that he spoke just after lol xD..

Hmmm. Maybe look at the pic again? Pretty sure all of the people who talked are in the loot list.

Chickenrunnn
05-30-2012, 11:20 AM
Hmmm. Maybe look at the pic again? Pretty sure all of the people who talked are in the loot list.

Woooopppps xD I'm so used to see "you received" that didn't c couldnt be u lol ^^ Nvm xD Lucky him :o

JaytB
06-07-2012, 06:05 PM
Bit of an older thread, but better than remaking a new one...

Second Floor - golden dragon mystery helm (see screenshot below)

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j344/JaytB1/2a8e99b4.jpg

Pakax
06-08-2012, 03:11 AM
Nice Jay!
I am still to drop my first mystery piece! :/

Ixillicus
06-08-2012, 08:20 AM
Bit of an older thread, but better than remaking a new one...

Second Floor - golden dragon mystery helm (see screenshot below)

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j344/JaytB1/2a8e99b4.jpg

You so lucky. This is now the 2nd drop I was there to witness. Getting kinda jelly and I want my own:P

imaddictedtoPL
06-08-2012, 08:38 AM
Aunt emma-red dragon helm

Edit: kunfu had no elixers and got gold. This guy had none and he got red. Think thats a coincidence? (excuse my spelling)

JaytB
06-08-2012, 09:18 AM
You so lucky. This is now the 2nd drop I was there to witness. Getting kinda jelly and I want my own:P

Hahaha, you must be a lucky charm or something. Been running all week for several hours a day, but hadn't even seen any drop until you jumped in.

You're welcome to join in anytime :p

Edit: kunfu had no elixers and got gold. This guy had none and he got red. Think thats a coincidence? (excuse my spelling)

Devs have stated several times in the past that it's all coincidence. So yeah, personally I think it's pure coincidence :)

LwMark
06-09-2012, 01:42 PM
where does green helm drop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!? ????????????/

RedRyder
06-09-2012, 02:57 PM
where does green helm drop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!? ????????????/

Same place as the other ones!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LwMark
06-09-2012, 05:21 PM
But i cant find any !!!????!!!!/

Swimmingstar
06-09-2012, 05:23 PM
I'm planning to do 24 runs a day for 8 days and see what good drops I get. (pinks and dragon)

RedRyder
06-10-2012, 03:19 AM
But i cant find any !!!????!!!!/

I think you might have missed the memo. They're pretty rare

LwMark
06-10-2012, 11:34 AM
nevermind i got the green set...and i dont beleive certain ones drop in certainplaces its all random