PDA

View Full Version : [Question] New Sci-Fi Vanity Items...[Help us out STS]

MYNISTA
05-29-2012, 11:21 AM
Are they here to stay, or will they be removed soon? I thought they were [Memorial Day Weekend] event items only.

Gibber
05-29-2012, 11:31 AM
Are they here to stay, or will they be removed soon? I thought they were [Memorial Day Weekend] event items only.

We will be removing the Memorial Day vanity items from the store in a week or so. The Memorial Day vanity items that are loot drops will not be removed though.

MYNISTA
05-29-2012, 11:32 AM
Ok, thx.

MYNISTA
05-29-2012, 11:42 AM
Tell ya what...there's going to be a lot of upset players when they find this out. Mostly everyone thought that these items were temporary drops. We invested a lot of credits into them with this mindset. I hope that you all would still think about removing em. Based on previous items/events like Rabbit ears, some of us played with a merchants mind.

Staryknight
05-29-2012, 11:43 AM
Oh ok. I'm not going to complain about keeping the vanity items. They are a great addition to the game. But for future updates can you please be a bit clearer about what is part of the event and what is a permeant addition to the game? I think most of us assumed that these items would only be dropping for the weekend and budgeted our time and plat accordingly. Thanks!

Cephei
05-29-2012, 11:46 AM
Now ill sell my soon because verybody will have one soon :/
Soon they will be worthless..

PianoWizzy
05-29-2012, 11:49 AM
I'm torn in my response, agreeing with all of the above that this was approached with a merchant's mind.

----

On a slightly unrelated note, could we have a second sci-fi vanity release to compensate for the lack of Doctor Who, Star Wars, and pants?

Supernovaman
05-29-2012, 11:51 AM
Please Consider Removing these items, I agree with the rest. I gave up my memorial day weekend with my family. I spent sooooo many credits on these now common items. Please do something!!!!

MYNISTA
05-29-2012, 11:52 AM
:: Signs Petition ::

octavos
05-29-2012, 11:53 AM
Tell ya what...there's going to be a lot of upset players when they find this out. Mostly everyone thought that these items were temporary drops. We invested a lot of credits into them with this mindset. I hope that you all would still think about removing em. Based on previous items/events like Rabbit ears, some of us played with a merchants mind.

Very valid point, but the benefit would have to be to the masses...not a select few. Just like many things in the game...nothing is rock solid.
I thought you knew that they weren't going away? I knew since day one of this event.

Snakespeare
05-29-2012, 11:55 AM
I am shocked that there are people so greedy that they would actually ASK for a drop to be removed from the game to make them richer. But I should have expected it. Just... looking down that list of people who are asking it, though, is very upsetting. Well, well, well... for shame! people! For shame!!!

MYNISTA
05-29-2012, 12:03 PM
I feel ya Ghost, I just didn't know. Snakespeare....It's Not about being greedy, It's that we played a certain way because we thought the game was going a different way. We just had a different expectation is all. If the items are not removed, then that's kool too. The items are great, we just need a bit more clarity next time. You would be surprised at how many people thought the same thing. Some of us made what turns out now to be bad decisions, that were "Good decisions" at the time, based on that we thought the items were temporary.

PianoWizzy
05-29-2012, 12:07 PM
I am shocked that there are people so greedy that they would actually ASK for a drop to be removed from the game to make them richer. But I should have expected it. Just... looking down that list of people who are asking it, though, is very upsetting. Well, well, well... for shame! people! For shame!!!

I know what you're saying too, Snakes, which is why I said I was torn in my response -- I feel both ways.

Although frankly if I did know that the vanities wouldn't stop dropping I wouldn't have gone insane and bipolar [like, serious fits of rage, hate, and depression] for three days over the Star Trek vanities. Sheesh. Give us some warning please.

octavos
05-29-2012, 12:07 PM
You would be surprised at how many people thought the same thing.
That happens many times...things that usually go away are the store items. But adding new and more frequent drops of vanity helps all players :D
Now that ya know...sell your stuff you can get it cheaper later.

I know what you're saying too, Snakes, which is why I said I was torn in my response -- I feel both ways. Sheesh. Give us some warning please.
I guess I Lurk the forums to much that I would expect everyone to know lol...but the ones that I wish that I could still get are the rabbit ears...never got one -_-
guess the vanities are so generic, that it dont fit a specific holiday...thats why they wont disappear.

LIGHT GIVER
05-29-2012, 12:09 PM
I just have to say that the way it was advertised it made it seem it was for the weekend only. I know it wasn't on purpose, but that failure to be clear about it caused people to spend a lot of money and time they otherwise wouldn't have. It has nothing to do with greed. Many many others thought the same thing and are shocked. It was definitely a fun addition, just needs to be clearer next time.

MYNISTA
05-29-2012, 12:11 PM
That happens many times...things that usually go away are the store items. But adding new and more frequent drops of vanity helps all players :D
Now that ya know...sell your stuff you can get it cheaper later.

Yeah, like I said, I understand where you're coming from. This is just something that STS needs to be clear about next time. Just a misunderstanding. Rabbit Ears had plat items, and dropped items. Both were removed. So most people had the same expectation for this "Event/Holiday." It's all cool. Personally, I own every single new vanity item, had fun collecting em, and I look forward to selling some!

Staryknight
05-29-2012, 12:13 PM

I'm not asking that the drops be removed. All I'm saying is that in the future it needs to be clearer which vanities are event only and which are here to stay. I'm not at all mad that new players will have a shot at these drops. I think that's great. I just wish I had known to sell and I never would have bought so many miner's if I had known the pets were permanent. All that I asking for is some better communication. I don't think anyone would be asking for these drops to be removed if they had known they were permanent from day one.

MYNISTA
05-29-2012, 12:18 PM
I'm not asking that the drops be removed. All I'm saying is that in the future it needs to be clearer which vanities are event only and which are here to stay. I'm not at all mad that new players will have a shot at these drops. I think that's great. I just wish I had known to sell and I never would have bought so many miner's if I had known the pets were permanent. All that I asking for is some better communication. I don't think anyone would be asking for these drops to be removed if they had known they were permanent from day one.

Exactly.

Supernovaman
05-29-2012, 12:19 PM
SHAKES...I'm not trying to cause trouble, just posting my thoughts, seems many others feel the same way - based on other "events" this is how the game has worked in the past, I think we're all just a little frustrated for spending extra time and money for something that has been precedence before. I love this game and am excited for where it will go in the future. Just being honest, not trying to make anyone mad. With anything that I devote my time to I expect some kind of reward for all my hard work, and this weekend defiantly was hard work. So with that comes frustration, and to be called greedy on top of that is a little much. I invested so much into this weekend as did many others, if you wanna call me greedy for being frustrated over a lot of work for minimal reward then I don't know what to say. Just that I'm not greedy, but frustrated, there is a difference... I hope everyone understands that.

Phoenixking
05-29-2012, 12:24 PM
Atleast I'm one of the few who stalks forums and knows that these items were here to stay and I didn't rush for them I should have said this in town

octavos
05-29-2012, 12:28 PM
Atleast I'm one of the few who stalks forums and knows that these items were here to stay and I didn't rush for them I should have said this in town
Thats what I mean, I lurk (but people who are not forum its vauge)...and in the discripton for future events need to state in bullet points.

Example:
Update 1.5085789852.1 err what ever

Added New levels
Removed Old ones
Holiday (staying)
blah blah blah
Holiday (going)
Blah Blah Blah

Or something along those lines.... many of use do read update notes in-game :p

MYNISTA
05-29-2012, 12:28 PM
Also...even Gibber himself called them "The Memorial Day vanity items" in his response to me. That's also one of the reasons we thought they were temporary like the "The Spring vanity items." From the beginning they were called "Memorial Day vanity items."

MYNISTA
05-29-2012, 12:35 PM
Sidenote: I would like to thank STS for the event and adding the items though! I definitely had a blast farming em! I think that the items are fresh looking, and if I would have known up front that they were perm...I would have STILL farmed hard! I Just would have made some different decisions with buying and selling. Still had some "Good times!" :)

CriostalCamhaoir
05-29-2012, 12:39 PM
Sidenote: I would like to thank STS for the event and adding the items though! I definitely had a blast farming em! I think that the items are fresh looking, and if I would have known up front that they were perm...I would have STILL farmed hard! I Just would have made some different decisions with buying and selling. Still had some "Good times!" :)

I'm with Mynista on this! I'm so glad that we finally have new items and that we actually had something to do! I also was under the impression they were are holiday event and would be removed! Not complaining though as I haven't seen SL so busy in SOOOO long! It was hard to get in to blackstars and they would fill up so fast! It was a great time! :D

octavos
05-29-2012, 12:43 PM
I'm with Mynista on this! I'm so glad that we finally have new items and that we actually had something to do! I also was under the impression they were are holiday event and would be removed! Not complaining though as I haven't seen SL so busy in SOOOO long! It was hard to get in to blackstars and they would fill up so fast! It was a great time! :D

People think SL is dead...but it easily packed "When there is new stuff" I had a blast...i got my 3 pets...im happy..."All I want for X-Mas is a Blue shirt"
Lots of new and old faces in SL...guessing they got mad they couldn't find dragon armor stuff in PL, so they came to visit...we need that in SL too...armors to complement our pets with a set bonus.

Commanderkeen
05-29-2012, 01:36 PM
Me personally I'm glad their staying I have not had a chance at all to farm them yet was to busy during the holiday weekend.

Snakespeare
05-29-2012, 01:51 PM
I don't see what is "memorial" about classic sci-fi. The items were put into the game to get people to play more. I'm glad they are staying. They just happened to coincide with the Memorial Day event in PL.

(sorry... perhaps greedy was too harsh a word, but it looks a lot like greed to me)

If you want a Memorial Day vanity, go buy my old navy cap in PL. I might even scan in a picture of me when I was 17 wearing it. :)

MYNISTA
05-29-2012, 01:55 PM
Wow bro...STS are the ones that called them "Memorial Day vanity." Like we said. Just a misunderstanding.

Snakespeare
05-29-2012, 02:29 PM
Mynista, yeah I saw that, too. But like I say, what's so "Memorial" about classic sci-fi vanities? Nothing at all. The date of their release is the only thing "holiday" about it. I'm saying this as one who has played in every holiday event STS has had. I never thought the classic sci-fi vanities were temporary.

MYNISTA
05-29-2012, 02:30 PM
Kool. Moving on. More good times ahead.

razerfingers
05-29-2012, 03:17 PM
Lol, okay okay so they said the dragon drops are there to stay before the end of memorial weekend they said that... What makes you think that they're gonna do away with these lootable vanities and steer people away from SL well in reality this whole memorial thing i think was to buy them more time for upcoming content
-my 5cents

Sent front my HTC Evo 3D using tapatalk 2

MYNISTA
05-29-2012, 03:27 PM
Lol, okay okay so they said the dragon drops are there to stay before the end of memorial weekend they said that... What makes you think that they're gonna do away with these lootable vanities and steer people away from SL well in reality this whole memorial thing i think was to buy them more time for upcoming content
-my 5cents

Sent front my HTC Evo 3D using tapatalk 2

We didn't see the post bud...we don't play PL. So as it's been said....we didn't know.

akfury
05-29-2012, 03:41 PM
*looks at new vanities* cant believe i spent so much on those ... thanks sts for the event and new items, farmable non cosmetic pets +100

Mitchturbo
05-29-2012, 04:00 PM
Well well well lol ;-) I'm personally glad the vanities are here to stay and drop forever, Ive been farming just as hard as anyone has and like always, failed to find a vanity drop. That's how my luck always rolls. At least now I may have A chance to buy one at a cheap price in auction one day.

But. I feel The pets need to stop dropping. For many reasons. One I am one of many who bought the 500 plat deal for all three Vular pets (with a chance for the rare one *which I failed to get-no surprise there*) Now I'm personally disappointed that I did, 500 plat is a hell of a waste of real time money especially when a couple of weeks later they bring out lootable pets exactly the same but hence in two different colors which also carry a Stats bonus?
Now even that wouldn't bother me either... But the fact that one can buy Miners Luck or use deal of the day to easily reroll a purple drop from a box to a pink vular pet... Is Madness especially if they will be included in the game forever.

If these pets are here to stay dropable forever, at least make em a blue vanity, not a pink.
And also. I may be asking for a lot here. I think the majority of plat buyers are thinking the same too.

Make the plat bought pets have stat bonuses too!

Overwise you've been really harsh on the people that actually support your games enough to buy and spend 200+ plat on a pet which does nothing.
When people who haven't even bought one plat, have a cheap pet looted or bought with in game credits, own better pets than us.

I do apologize for this small opinion from me, but I feel someone had to say it. I do really appreciate all your work your putting into this game and hope we can comprise on a solution here.

MYNISTA
05-29-2012, 04:10 PM
Yeah, I definitely want STS to know that the hard work is appreciated, and new content is always a plus. SL is my favorite game ever, and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

Supernovaman
05-29-2012, 04:11 PM
SHAKES... Greedy? no Heartbroken? yes Just sharing my disappointment about vauge communication in the game, not sure why you want to attack me personally.

PianoWizzy
05-29-2012, 04:18 PM
Well well well lol ;-) I'm personally glad the vanities are here to stay and drop forever, Ive been farming just as hard as anyone has and like always, failed to find a vanity drop. That's how my luck always rolls. At least now I may have A chance to buy one at a cheap price in auction one day.

But. I feel The pets need to stop dropping. For many reasons. One I am one of many who bought the 500 plat deal for all three Vuloar pets (with a chance for the rare one *which I failed to get-no surprise there*) Now I'm personally disappointed that I did, 500 plat is a hell of a waste of real time money especially when a couple of weeks later they bring out lootable pets exactly the same but hence in two different colors which also carry a Stats bonus?
Now even that wouldn't bother me either... But the fact that one can buy Miners Luck or use deal of the day to easily reroll a purple drop from a box to a pink vular pet... Is Madness especially if they will be included in the game forever.

If these pets are here to stay dropable forever, at least make em a blue vanity, not a pink.
And also. I may be asking for a lot here. I think the majority of plat buyers are thinking the same too.

Make the plat bought pets have stat bonuses too!

Overwise you've been really harsh on the people that actually support your games enough to buy and spend 200+ plat on a pet which does nothing.
When people who haven't even bought one plat, have a cheap pet looted or bought with in game credits, own better pets than us.

I do apologize for this small opinion from me, but I feel someone had to say it. I do really appreciate all your work your putting into this game and hope we can comprise on a solution here.

I don't buy plat but I'm outta thanks to say +100.

Snakespeare
05-29-2012, 04:32 PM
SHAKES... Greedy? no Heartbroken? yes Just sharing my disappointment about vauge communication in the game, not sure why you want to attack me personally.

hmmm... I certainly did not attack anyone personally. I just got up this morning to find people asking for their vanities to be removed from the game so they will become more valuable. I've been seeing threads like this for a few years now. It's not personal. I don't like any of them.

Phoenixking
05-29-2012, 04:34 PM
I concur with Mitch. Vanity pets need stats >:O cause I <3 more stats >:O

MYNISTA
05-29-2012, 05:08 PM
hmmm... I certainly did not attack anyone personally. I just got up this morning to find people asking for their vanities to be removed from the game so they will become more valuable. I've been seeing threads like this for a few years now. It's not personal. I don't like any of them.

It's not WHAT you said...it's HOW you said it. Makes a big difference.

Snakespeare
05-29-2012, 05:17 PM
I am being lied about now.

Supernovaman
05-29-2012, 05:19 PM
SHAKES... You are a great guy but I am not greedy

Snakespeare
05-29-2012, 05:25 PM
thanks, Super...

Well, I'm just saying that I am not making a personal attack. I am defending the game of Star Legends that SHOULD have classic Sci-Fi vanities permanently. And it SHOULD have a lot of people playing it. And it should NOT be someone's elite little world of I-have-something-you-don't-have!

And there are a lot of oldies here who will tell you that I have held this attitude for a long time. So please stop twisting my words into a personal attack, guys.

Delphina
05-29-2012, 05:29 PM
Ok guys.. I'm going to close this thread for the following reason:

1. Please Respect Others.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/misc.php?do=vsarules

The OP's question was answered.