PDA

View Full Version : Plat items

ZHEOTARE
05-29-2012, 06:11 PM
Anyone have any theories on why STS doesn't give the plat bought items the same stats or benefits as dropped items??

Examples...
Dragons dont give set bonus
Fang items have no regen

I've heard the discussions about an unfair advantage to plat spenders. However if I spend the plat, and get the same stats, and set bonus, as dropped loot, how does that create an unfair advantage?? I do agree that the items shouldn't have better stats then the dropped items.

Thoughts??

RedRyder
05-29-2012, 06:19 PM
The only unfair advantage with plat bought to drops is in DL. I've never heard of this issue with PL

Drizzid
05-29-2012, 06:24 PM
Perhaps people will spend more on in game gold in order to purchase the extremely overpriced lootable dragon armor.

Maybe to keep the playing field fair for those who are able to purchase plat and those who aren't.

To make the set bonus a rare thing that requires both quite a bit of platinum (for the dragon and possibly in game gold) and lots of game time to farm the items, or earn gold.

The entire dragon set is an obvious ploy to divert the masses attention from the long overdue Humania expansion.

Either way I don't have any hopes of owning a piece of the armor, or even a dragon unless they're a DOTD right after a plat sale lol.

JaytB
05-29-2012, 06:24 PM
IMO they are so rare, that buying them looks like the only option at the moment. And if they'll only keep dropping in fang, they'll probably remain that way with humania on the horizon.

I agree that they could have a visual effect of some sort, but personally, I wouldn't want to see them get stats. If they would get stats, people with no plat could probably never get them, and complain about the way you could buy stats with some plat.

But yeah, that's just my personal opinion. I'd buy them if they had stats lol :D

Suentous PO
05-29-2012, 06:39 PM
I wouldn't speculate on their motives, however, I like that the best stuff requires game play (gold or time farming), & not real world money. Might be that these dragon sets help a bit as a gold sink.

ZHEOTARE
05-29-2012, 06:44 PM
@ Red I heard that argument awhile back. With the plat items being so weak compared to the dropped ones, it's a mute point.

@ Driz and Jay I think it would definitely turn into more profit for STS. I wouldn't use it to buy gold, but I'd buy the gear and vanities. I don't buy plat now unless I'm leveling.

Personally, I like the look of the plat fang gear. But with the horrible stats, I won't waste the plat. Make the stats match the Sang, Orlok, or Lilith and I'd get them. Buy the full set, and you get the same set bonus. Maybe even make it where you can craft the gear, or buying the set makes it the same as crafted set.

Appleisaac
05-29-2012, 06:45 PM
The only situation I know of where plat items have an advantage over farmable items is at lv 10-15 twinking with the premium set. I actually like the fact that you can get high end twinking gear for 35 platinum because it lets pretty much anyone make their first twink :).

Edit: OoOpS I cOmPlEtLy MiSuNdErSoOd ThE ToPiC

Sorry ^.^

Walkhardd
05-29-2012, 06:45 PM
I love that the best items are looted. I'm hoping they do the same with dl. Otherwise, I probably won't continue to play. I always want the best stuff, and I've already spent too much money irl on dl.

ZHEOTARE
05-29-2012, 07:01 PM
I love that the best items are looted. I'm hoping they do the same with dl. Otherwise, I probably won't continue to play. I always want the best stuff, and I've already spent too much money irl on dl.

Out of curiousity... Why?? (Hope that doesn't come off as rude. I'm really am curious to hear your side)

I would still farm, since I can still sell the drops to the people that don't want to spend any plat. I'd be getting zero advantages over the dropped items.

Plus I think of it as a reward. I spend my money to keep STS going, so others can have a great lineup of games. :smile:

JaytB
05-29-2012, 07:07 PM
@ Driz and Jay I think it would definitely turn into more profit for STS..

No argument there.

But would it be a good thing for PL to be able to buy stuff that give the same stats as looted gear? Personally, I doubt that. I mean, who would farm for hours and hours with no end if you can just buy the best gear with real money?

Personally again, I think a lot of farmers would leave the game eventually, because there isn't anything to accomplish anymore. Merching wouldn't be worth the time either in that case, cause anybody with some plat could get the best gear. That would basically make the need for gold way lower.

And although that might seem like a good thing, a lot of people spent a lot of time in the game to achieve the items/gold they aim for. If you'd take that away, the game would collapse in the long run, because people don't have a goal anymore. The only ones that it could benefit are people that only PvP IMO, but that's only part of the PL population.

So yeah, my feeling is that it would hurt STS more in the long run than what it would benefit them over a short amount of time. But, as said earlier, this is just my view about it. Feel free to disagree :)

mike1298
05-29-2012, 07:17 PM
If they ever put dragons on sale I want a refund :\.

ZHEOTARE
05-29-2012, 07:18 PM
That makes sense. I wonder what would be a good work around. Maybe same stats, but half the regen?? Set bonus' be halved?? I'm just looking at how bad the stats are for the plat items. LOL

JaytB
05-29-2012, 07:22 PM
That makes sense. I wonder what would be a good work around. Maybe same stats, but half the regen?? Set bonus' be halved?? I'm just looking at how bad the stats are for the plat items. LOL

Well, I do agree that the plat items (not vanities) should get better stats. They're pretty crappy at the moment lol. Even throw in some sparkles would be cool IMO. But, again IMHO, they should be nowhere near as powerful as farmable/craftable gear :)

Cobraguy
05-29-2012, 09:39 PM
Yup, the only thing left to buy with gold in game is farmable items. Make a plat set the same as a dropped set and the market would eventually collapse.

Physiologic
05-29-2012, 09:52 PM
The question is, would it be fair if someone farmed for countless hours trying to amass enough gold or lucky drops to obtain top-level gear or if someone dropped 500 Platinum for Platinum gear that is equally as powerful?

That all comes down to time = money, and in a sense time is irreplaceable. If I worked one hour and got enough cash for 500 Platinum, it only took 1 hour for me to be as strong as the guy who can't afford to drop that much money on gear, and instead spent 20 something hours farming for it. You can certainly replace cash with more cash but you can't replace those 20 hours you spent grinding. Ultimately it would be unfair if Plat items were that uberpowerful.

Swimmingstar
05-29-2012, 10:07 PM
The question is, would it be fair if someone farmed for countless hours trying to amass enough gold or lucky drops to obtain top-level gear or if someone dropped 500 Platinum for Platinum gear that is equally as powerful?

That all comes down to time = money, and in a sense time is irreplaceable. If I worked one hour and got enough cash for 500 Platinum, it only took 1 hour for me to be as strong as the guy who can't afford to drop that much money on gear, and instead spent 20 something hours farming for it. You can certainly replace cash with more cash but you can't replace those 20 hours you spent grinding. Ultimately it would be unfair if Plat items were that uberpowerful.

And people who aren't old enough to get a job or who rarely/never get to buy plat with even Christmas money or something could have a fair gameplay.

Kixxler
05-29-2012, 11:28 PM
It is a little unfair to people who spend countless hours farming for items if people with money to blow could just buy it from the store.
However, if platinum bought items were more powerful than dropped loot, this would largely benefit Spacetime's profit, as more people would buy platinum.
Spacetime is of the few companies that puts the games quality over profit.

IshoootU
05-30-2012, 03:21 AM
while i would enjoy just buying the best items with plat, i honestly think it will hurt the game more. right now, wanting to get good drops and get more gold, i farm a few hours. And while farming i help others who are also farming and they help me too. Its the nature of this game, you need multiple players to make it easier. if i can just buy them, i wont farm anymore and that would result in less people playing and consequently, more difficult farming/leveling. however, the devs need to improve the items available for plat. i wont bother with those gamble packs that worth a lot and you're not even sure you get what you want. put some stats on vanities and please make some new ones for birds. the ones in store are either old or really crappy.

sorry a tad bit long post.

ZHEOTARE
05-30-2012, 04:08 AM
Everyone has definitely made some valid points. I know I'd rather just drop some cash since my PL luck is as good as Physio's luck with the gamble pack. LOL!!

I think it would come done to how many players spend plat vs don't spend plat. If 10% of the population spends plat, then I don't think it would crush the economy/game.

Ultimately, everyone has proven a good point. Hopefully, STS can find a way to make them somewhat usable for something other than looks.

Pakax
05-30-2012, 09:44 AM
I agree with With JaytB and Phy. I am pretty sure this is not a route STS would take as it would hurt them in the long run.
Improving the stats a little tho, could be something to consider indeed.