PDA

View Full Version : STS would you Consider altering our plat bought vular pets? :-)

Mitchturbo
05-30-2012, 07:17 AM
*Hi everyone. I'd like a grown up discussion on here, so to prevent it from locking, take time on each post and try not to troll or flame thank you, I would like to keep this Thread open untill we have a solid reply from sts based on the discussion at hand*

Dear Space Time Studios, I am one of many Plat buyers that who have happened to buy the Vular Pets from the platinum store.
Some of us buying one at 200 plat, others including myself tried our luck at the crazy Lady vular pet pack at 500 plat.
Depending or not how lucky we were, some got the rare bug others including myself didnt. That is what the gamble is all about though.

What none of us did Gamble on though was that in a few weeks time of purchasing our expensive plat pets, sts decided to release a dropable vanity pet.... Exactly the same as the plat bought ones, bar the exception of two new colors: Black and White.
This alot of us wouldnt of minded so much. but the fact when we equiped these bugs we found that they were helpful towards our stats! 2% Dodge and 2% Critical hit, Based on which one you equip.
At first this was Amazing News, Wow simply Amazing. But then people found an exploitation in the pets. The pets were Listed as a Pink item, not a blue and they were lootable on a map where Purple drops were super common. Volaria.
In comes Enahancer Of The Day and The plat bought Minners Luck. Well the Later always, always rerolls what ever you found into the next colour class above it, which ment for those that discoverd this early on had legendary Vular bug pets droping left, right
and center. Which in turn made those in auction terminal loose value quickly and everyone in Blackstar having an identical pet or near enough taking up ground space. Lol it was like swimming in an ocean of Black and white Ants.

This Happened Quickly and in respect. Was brilliant in bringing back the crowds to Blackstar and to give those who have never owned a pet to get one easily for themselves for the first time :-)

But to us Plat buyers, most of us being adults who work hard at our jobs to provide for our children (potential sts game players here eventually) who happen to buy plat from you and always tell our wifes that we are supporting our favorite game company to stop em moaning why we haven't paid our bills lol well I think you can see what I'm getting at...
Basically a lot of us are disappointed.
Disappointed that we spent 200+ plat on a pet that didn't boost our stats by 2 points, Disappointed that we didn't wait for a couple of weeks later. Gosh I wish I built my Time Machine to visit this past week and then going back and stopping myself in purchasing the 500 plat pack. That 500 plat would of been a whole lot more use to me on something else. Than on something that has now lost value and popularity in just a few short weeks. To be Honest. We feel like we've been punched in the stomachs. By our best friend. And that's the truth.

Is there anyway you could help soften the blow?
I mean I was perfectly happy knowing that the lootable pets would stop dropping soon. To make our plat versions useable again,
But I hear that they are going to continue to drop? Like for forever?

Ok so let's comprise? Can we? How about either making the pink legendary lootable vular pets become a blue vanity so that rerolls wouldn't work on them or...
Give our plat bought vular pets a simular stat boost to compensate those that bought em with real life money, which could of instead gone on a meal out with the family.

Thanks for listening to mine and a few of my good friends plea sts. I really hope you can help :-)
Keep up the good work!

Sryyoulose
05-30-2012, 07:36 AM
Mm? Comes to show I haven't been on SL, but your points sound valid! The plat items should have the same or better bonus.

Staryknight
05-30-2012, 08:39 AM
Mm? Comes to show I haven't been on SL, but your points sound valid! The plat items should have the same or better bonus.

No I don't think they need to have a better bonus. The best gear should always drop in game. But yes they need to have a bonus. The plat pets were very expensive. Now pretty much everyone has one (which is ok) but now I can't even use the old one I bought. If they were given an equal stat bonus I would be a lot happier.

razerfingers
05-30-2012, 09:14 AM
Hm, i think they purposely made them a pink so everyone gets a chance at one? Before they possibly switch it to a vanity blue color? I dunno but i sure hate farming for ages fetting norhing and its worse when you have to save 100k+ just to get a cool item you want for example: blue,red and brown learher jackets. Id love them all but dont have timw or patiance to farm and merch for vanities ro be able to afford them lol.

Sent front my HTC Evo 3D using tapatalk 2

octavos
05-30-2012, 09:16 AM
No I don't think they need to have a better bonus. The best gear should always drop in game. But yes they need to have a bonus. The plat pets were very expensive. Now pretty much everyone has one (which is ok) but now I can't even use the old one I bought. If they were given an equal stat bonus I would be a lot happier.

Like PL we need a Alien Stat Bonus Set :p that work on 35+
Ill design a costume to match our pets :D (Ill update this post)

Lowlyspy
05-30-2012, 09:52 AM
I'm with you Mitch. Being one of those people who didn't have the plat to buy a vular pet before, I am very grateful to STS for giving me a chance to farm my own, however the stat bonus isn't really fair.

Honestly I think the plat pets should have comparable stat boosts, not the same ones or better. Maybe they can boost certain stats, like the blue can boost mana regen by 1 m/s and the red can boost health regen by 1 h/s. Then for the non-puking green one it could boost, say, damage by 5 and the puking green one can boost armor by 5. Something to even out everything, it's just very unfair that the people who spent hundreds of plat get nothing but a pretty? bug, however if the plat bugs are given boosts they don't need to break the game.

Sryyoulose
05-30-2012, 09:57 AM
@ Stary
A 200-500 Plat item giving less then something hat oh can easily acheive with the free elixir or for 30 Plat luck get quite a few of?

Mitchturbo
05-30-2012, 10:00 AM
I'm with you Mitch. Being one of those people who didn't have the plat to buy a vular pet before, I am very grateful to STS for giving me a chance to farm my own, however the stat bonus isn't really fair.

Honestly I think the plat pets should have comparable stat boosts, not the same ones or better. Maybe they can boost certain stats, like the blue can boost mana regen by 1 m/s and the red can boost health regen by 1 h/s. Then for the non-puking green one it could boost, say, damage by 5 and the puking green one can boost armor by 5. Something to even out everything, it's just very unfair that the people who spent hundreds of plat get nothing but a pretty? bug, however if the plat bugs are given boosts they don't need to break the game.

Exactly! Nothing major, just like you said here, just a small bonus that would make em worth using in pve or pvp. Like the lootable ones.
It would make me happier :-)

pizzaman
05-30-2012, 10:31 AM
Your argument is valid.

I was displeased spending plat on miners elixir to farm two of them and then find out they continued dropping. 10 plat for an item that loses value fast.

But what happened to you reminds me of the Shadow cave incident in PL. The in-game economy is about as stable as the Greek economy. That's a good thing to some, but far from fair...

octavos
05-30-2012, 11:43 AM
(I did spend 500 plat, didn't get rare and i wont try again..but of my pets were used for a bonus ill try again) so here is my solution. added to Mitch idea

Just so our Plat Pets don't go down the drain, toilet, hell hole ect...ahhh you get my point ...I present to you......

(update in a sec, spelling issues) lets try this again... -_-

or this pic :p

Crilon
05-30-2012, 12:00 PM
*Hi everyone. I'd like a grown up discussion on here, so to prevent it from locking, take time on each post and try not to troll or flame thank you, I would like to keep this Thread open untill we have a solid reply from sts based on the discussion at hand*

Dear Space Time Studios, I am one of many Plat buyers that who have happened to buy the Vular Pets from the platinum store.
Some of us buying one at 200 plat, others including myself tried our luck at the crazy Lady vular pet pack at 500 plat.
Depending or not how lucky we were, some got the rare bug others including myself didnt. That is what the gamble is all about though.

What none of us did Gamble on though was that in a few weeks time of purchasing our expensive plat pets, sts decided to release a dropable vanity pet.... Exactly the same as the plat bought ones, bar the exception of two new colors: Black and White.
This alot of us wouldnt of minded so much. but the fact when we equiped these bugs we found that they were helpful towards our stats! 2% Dodge and 2% Critical hit, Based on which one you equip.
At first this was Amazing News, Wow simply Amazing. But then people found an exploitation in the pets. The pets were Listed as a Pink item, not a blue and they were lootable on a map where Purple drops were super common. Volaria.
In comes Enahancer Of The Day and The plat bought Minners Luck. Well the Later always, always rerolls what ever you found into the next colour class above it, which ment for those that discoverd this early on had legendary Vular bug pets droping left, right
and center. Which in turn made those in auction terminal loose value quickly and everyone in Blackstar having an identical pet or near enough taking up ground space. Lol it was like swimming in an ocean of Black and white Ants.

This Happened Quickly and in respect. Was brilliant in bringing back the crowds to Blackstar and to give those who have never owned a pet to get one easily for themselves for the first time :-)

But to us Plat buyers, most of us being adults who work hard at our jobs to provide for our children (potential sts game players here eventually) who happen to buy plat from you and always tell our wifes that we are supporting our favorite game company to stop em moaning why we haven't paid our bills lol well I think you can see what I'm getting at...
Disappointed that we spent 200+ plat on a pet that didn't boost our stats by 2 points, Disappointed that we didn't wait for a couple of weeks later. Gosh I wish I built my Time Machine to visit this past week and then going back and stopping myself in purchasing the 500 plat pack. That 500 plat would of been a whole lot more use to me on something else. Than on something that has now lost value and popularity in just a few short weeks. To be Honest. We feel like we've been punched in the stomachs. By our best friend. And that's the truth.

I mean I was perfectly happy knowing that the lootable pets would stop dropping soon. To make our plat versions useable again,

Ok so let's comprise? Can we? How about either making the pink legendary lootable vular pets become a blue vanity so that rerolls wouldn't work on them or...
Give our plat bought vular pets a simular stat boost to compensate those that bought em with real life money, which could of instead gone on a meal out with the family.

Thanks for listening to mine and a few of my good friends plea sts. I really hope you can help :-)
Keep up the good work!

Oh....oh wow that is just way too long of a description, I couldn't possibly read all that.

Dalinuel
05-30-2012, 12:07 PM

Keep up the good work!

Awesome post mitch, your points are well put

akfury
05-30-2012, 01:44 PM
thanks mitch i agree 100% i being one who spent 200 platinum ( 20.00$)

Dragonrider023
05-30-2012, 02:09 PM
I havent brought vular plat but i do agree with you.

FYI: Voleria not Volaria

Mothwing
05-30-2012, 06:05 PM

I'm guessing this is what STS has in mind. It seems SL keeps getting the short end of the stick, which is really a shame, since I love that game just as much as I love PL. I hope you guys get an update soon.

Samhayne
05-30-2012, 06:16 PM
Thanks guys for the input. I know the team is looking into it and I'll let you know what our plans are going forward.

Mitchturbo
05-30-2012, 08:20 PM
Thanks Sam <3

octavos
05-30-2012, 08:55 PM
Thanks guys for the input. I know the team is looking into it and I'll let you know what our plans are going forward.

Thanks sam, I wuv or pets, and giving them a purpose will be cool

I'm guessing this is what STS has in mind.
Nope my idea...leached of PL...but don't get me wrong, I would lov detailed textured armors. More rugged the better :p

Taipan
05-30-2012, 09:15 PM
Good point Mitch. Perhaps if they added 1 Mana Regen stat, 3 DPS, etc. in the platinum pets, it would make the pets equal in value... Also, if they make the pets actual vanities- not pinks, would help too.

MYNISTA
05-30-2012, 10:28 PM
Great post Mitch, agreed. Spent 200 plat on one myself.

MYNISTA
05-31-2012, 12:11 PM
I think that some kind of set bonus with effects would be awesome.

Ex - the plat bought shields when equipped with Nova, Razer or gutter.

It would work like this: Equip your plat bought Vular pet with any new Sci-fi vanity = Stat bonus and some cool visual effects. Just an idea :)

HunterSLAYER
06-02-2012, 12:04 AM
Make the lootable vular pets Blue. IT'S RUINING the ECONOMY of the game- look under vanity pets in cs and see how cheap they are.(a lv 37 told me he had one and I'm Pretty sure it doesn't drops at Lv 37(at least lv38).

A dozen people running around with a pet just means that sts made it really easy to get (and peeps do not need to spend a single plat at all to buy the plat vular pets. )

Peace out :D

P.s I might be wrong about what lv the lootable vular pets drop at, if I am pls kindly correct my mistake.

Sent from my LT26i using Xparent ICS Blue Tapatalk 2

Zaonabiuibil
06-02-2012, 07:02 AM
I looted both my first day looting, it can't be THAT easy. Every point struck true, and even though I did NOT purchase a platinum one, it would only be fair to those who DID, to get some compensation.

Morrigana
06-02-2012, 07:17 AM
I agree :) I dont even use my plat pet anymore :(