PDA

View Full Version : making a new mage.

BoomBox
05-31-2012, 01:54 AM
My question to you guys is should i go dex/int str/int or str/dex
i mainly do pve as of now but later on might get into pvp, so since im all pve what gear should i go for? And how should i distribute my stats? And my skills early on. Since i know they will be fine at 66. Please help!

Griffinfan
05-31-2012, 09:13 AM
Hey there,
You should really decide whether or not you want to do Pve or Pvp now, that will save on respec later because you did your skills wrong. For Pve go full INT or INT/DEX, for PvP I use INT/DEX because sometimes its nice to kite and sometimes a wand is killer. As for skills I would focus on getting fire to 6 first and 1 ice 1 light and if you doing pve 6 heal 1 revive. Right when you get the buffs (level 19-21 i think) max those immediately. leave mana shield nightmare and weakness at 1 skill each since they aren't worth much at low levels. hope this helps, if you need anymore help talk to me in game or add Fleebefe.

Hope this helps

BoomBox
05-31-2012, 12:25 PM
Thanks for the reply! Im gonna look into it, also gonna wait for a few more replys!

Mothwing
05-31-2012, 09:06 PM
Depending on what level you're going to decides what build you should take. If you're looking at endgame, I would go pure int. This maximized your spells capacity and helps in PVP. It also helps keep your party healed in PVE. If you're looking at lower level PVP, especially the 30's to 55's, go half or full dex. DPS is essential at this level, and having just the smallest portion of dexterity will help you.

Skill distribution:

Max Heal. Immediately.
1 into revive.
Max Fire as soon as possible, as well as drain and frostbite.
Drip the rest of the points into what you think is best. It doesn't really matter for the rest.

Kaytar
05-31-2012, 09:25 PM
I like to PvP with STR/DEX with no int. Int/str is more for PvE.

BoomBox
05-31-2012, 10:12 PM
Ok, well ill probably keep this char as a main pve char as i have other chars. So for pure pve as of now. She's level 1 so should i go int str? For armor and mana etc? Or no? :)

Griffinfan
06-01-2012, 09:30 AM
If your keeping it pve, go full INT, you will have unrivaled mana and that will help with those skills that cost tonssss of mana

PL_Keaton96
06-01-2012, 09:59 AM
If youre going to the 60's plus and do pve, go for int/str, saves a lot of dieing, you can solo easier with the str gear and a wand. This is my opinion at least. My main is a 66 int/str mage, and it works out great. Hope this helps

Walkhardd
06-01-2012, 10:07 AM
If youre going to the 60's plus and do pve, go for int/str, saves a lot of dieing, you can solo easier with the str gear and a wand. This is my opinion at least. My main is a 66 int/str mage, and it works out great. Hope this helps

You don't need strength. Mages have heal, drain, and mana shield. And potions ofc. Unless youre running straight into mobs unbuffed, and with ms on cool down, you shouldn't really die at all..

Cytokinesis
06-01-2012, 11:45 AM
Depending on what level you're going to decides what build you should take. If you're looking at endgame, I would go pure int. This maximized your spells capacity and helps in PVP. It also helps keep your party healed in PVE. If you're looking at lower level PVP, especially the 30's to 55's, go half or full dex. DPS is essential at this level, and having just the smallest portion of dexterity will help you.

Skill distribution:

Max Heal. Immediately.
1 into revive.
Max Fire as soon as possible, as well as drain and frostbite.
Drip the rest of the points into what you think is best. It doesn't really matter for the rest.
Drain and Frost aren't necessary for PvE, max Lightning, IceStorm, and FireStorm since their AoE skills.

Definitely go pure int or 67dex rest int(for a dex ring).
A nice guide for skill distribution and play style- http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?26791-Make-the-Change-from-Wand-to-Staff!-A-Practical-Guide

BoomBox
06-01-2012, 09:38 PM
Yeh i plan on goin 60s + gonna cap. But i have a pure int already:) i think ima go with str/int so another question i have is what ring should i get? And what kinda ring should a pure int mage use?

Cytokinesis
06-01-2012, 10:10 PM
Yeh i plan on goin 60s + gonna cap. But i have a pure int already:) i think ima go with str/int so another question i have is what ring should i get? And what kinda ring should a pure int mage use?

For a str/int- get a hit%/regen/armor one
For pure- mana regen or damage

BoomBox
06-01-2012, 11:28 PM
Ok thanks! And since Im gonna go str/int how should i put my skills and stats for.the beginning?

BoomBox
06-03-2012, 08:36 PM
Anyone with stats? I've seen 150 base str rest int