PDA

View Full Version : What do you think about polls?

dudetus
05-31-2012, 01:58 AM
Hello all :).

I have noticed that making polls is a great way to get big amount of replies and views and therefore to raise mah forum weewee by being so cool and stuff for making a popular thread.

Vote above what do u think about polls in threads :).

TANKKAAR
05-31-2012, 02:16 AM
*5. Non-Constructive posts are prohibited.*
Below is a non-exhaustive list of examples of non-constructive posts. As a rule, non-constructive posting is not permitted:

* Spam - this is considered to be repetitive posting of the same topic or text or nonsensical posts that have no substance and are often designed to annoy other forum users.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/misc.php?do=vsarules

dudetus
05-31-2012, 02:55 AM
*5. Non-Constructive posts are prohibited.*
Below is a non-exhaustive list of examples of non-constructive posts. As a rule, non-constructive posting is not permitted:

* Spam - this is considered to be repetitive posting of the same topic or text or nonsensical posts that have no substance and are often designed to annoy other forum users.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/misc.php?do=vsarules

I haven't yet seen a thread about discussing necessity of making polls to threads so I don't rly consider this to be spam.

Vote above what do u think about polls in threads

That clearly states that this thread serves a meaning and is thus constructive.

JaytB
05-31-2012, 03:03 AM
Gotta admit it's a bit.. Uhmm.. Weird (no offense meant). I mean, a poll to vote on the usability of.. Polls O.o

dudetus
05-31-2012, 03:16 AM
Gotta admit it's a bit.. Uhmm.. Weird (no offense meant). I mean, a poll to vote on the usability of.. Polls O.o

Yes, that's clever huh?

JaytB
05-31-2012, 03:28 AM
Yes, that's clever huh?

Personally, I thought it was funny. And it's in off-topic, so don't see any harm :)

dudetus
05-31-2012, 03:34 AM
Personally, I thought it was funny. And it's in off-topic, so don't see any harm :)

Sarcasm is my friend and off-topic is my salvation.

Stephencobear
05-31-2012, 10:06 AM
http://i1173.photobucket.com/albums/r586/stephencobear/1f369ade.jpg

TANKKAAR
05-31-2012, 10:18 AM
I haven't yet seen a thread about discussing necessity of making polls to threads so I don't rly consider this to be spam.

That clearly states that this thread serves a meaning and is thus constructive.
If you read past the first sentence you would also see:

I rest my case...lol

Besides due to only having the same choice twice just worded differently your poll isnt even a poll, it is more of an opinion on how useless you think polls are. Which makes it far from constructive :)

Dalinuel
05-31-2012, 12:01 PM

I rest my case...lol

Besides due to only having the same choice twice just worded differently your poll isnt even a poll, it is more of an opinion on how useless you think polls are. Which makes it far from constructive :)

Let's all take a poll on that

Swimmingstar
05-31-2012, 01:02 PM
Polls aren't useless if you can do them in less than 10 seconds. Anything else like surveys, garbage!

Suentous PO
05-31-2012, 03:45 PM
i think humor deserves a little slack. Why? i didnt know what rickrolled was untill a dev did it to us(i think it was Sam). So i think the unspoken rule is if its funny & not trollish or annoying many ppl then have fun. Who wants to check out forums, off topic expecially, if no one can joke because humor is "nonsensical"?
also i see his point ( or infer it ) as polls are a rep boosters dream. one could be made saying my friend doesnt like the beatles, i think theyre great vote now!
i noticed in the how to thank thread, "Closing this thread for not being constructive after the first post."-Rinzler
the first post was the joke, the second was an insult at a player.

Walkhardd
05-31-2012, 03:51 PM
Yay! Something new to cry about! adios guides. Hello polls. O:

WoundedEagle
05-31-2012, 06:18 PM
http://i.qkme.me/2pb3.jpg

dudetus
05-31-2012, 07:05 PM

I rest my case...lol

OBJECTION!! (I need to search for that meme later)

This thread does have substance and I am sure u have already noticed it. Making polls out of almost every single matter seems to be sort of a trendy thing atm and it was fun at the beginning (PL vs DL vs SL) but it's just boring to notice five different pollthreads in the front page of Off-topic discussion. They all do have the same route of discussion no matter wjat the poll is about.

This thread is annoying only to the forum police and to the ones who have made a pollthread lately. Guess that's why u took this so personal eh?

Is it wrong to address ur opinions over here in the forums? Didn't know Soviet Union is back in the business... Almost every single thread bases on opinion by op which then causes discussion.

Delphina
05-31-2012, 09:40 PM
I'm going to close this thread for being non-constructive.