PDA

View Full Version : Humania Weapon Design Contest Winners!

Samhayne
05-31-2012, 09:04 AM
We had a lot of awesome entries into the Humania Weapon Design Contest (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?56824-Pocket-Legends-Item-Design-Contest-Create-Humania-Legendary-Weapons!) and are very pleased to announce the winners:

Intelligence Weapon Category Winner

Icegugu's Golden Staff of Sea Devil, A-Gu

Concept

It was not easy to come up with a concept with only a few pictures of Humania released, but I made the story based on the big frames of 'mega·lith', 'Shamanism', and also 'Humania island' on which the concept was drawn upon. To be consistent with the main theme of "the relics of an ancient island", the weapon was made with gold. Since it is as island, the weapon representing the sea, with some senses of shamanism added as well. I used oriental legendary creature to the symbol. Because It makes people to feel more mysterious!

About the weapon

A-Gu looks like an Ankou fish. The motif is based in Sea Devil Fish in somewhere of deep sea near Humania island. The head of staff is golden statue and the body is wood. According to legends, A-Gu use its big antenna to lure feed. Therefore, the antenna flashes. Also, I want to make this staff to be more mysterious and looks anicent, so its body has glyph (looks like Megalithis's face) and surrounded with water snake.

Dexterity Weapon Category Winner

Odin's Phantom Pirate’s Crossbone-Crossbow

Description: “I hope the spirits don’t haunt me!”

After roaming for an eternity in the seven seas, the Flying Dutchman finally made port reaching its ultimate destination: the legendary Eastern island, collectively known as Humania. Having travelled in the phantom ship as age passed indefinitely, the sailors’ vitalities had perished, turning them into lifeless, flesh-rotted, corporeal entities. Just as their lost souls started progressing onto the afterlife at long-last, the native Humanian’s found them and used their hardened bones as adequate crafting materials - making these sailors doomed to never find rest.

As a crossbow, the weapon will file bolts/arrows. The ammunition would ideally be ignited and released through the mouth of the skull. The curved-crossbones are into the skull via fractures and act as the limbs.

Strength Weapon Category Winner

Deuvevax's Tribal Tiki Crusher Of Emotion

Description:
This beautifully designed club was made by a horrified Humanian boy. At we the Alterrians slaughter our foes and drive them back out of all animal civilization... We don't realize who we are pushing it too. The Humanians!!!!
Once in a peaceful village a young boy sat on his fathers lap and studied his ways of woodwork. He examined the muscles tense and flex as his father drove his sharp tool into with soft wood with care...
Years later, the now young teen sat at his own bench, carving, at small scraps of palm wood or driftwood without a care in the world. After wiping his sweaty brow with his worn fingers he heard a faint call coming from his mother. He was needed to help his elderly pa in his carving.

Months later, the young man, who is now a joyful professinal carver, was picking up the family trade and enjoying life. As he careful smoothed a broad piced of wood into the final lookings of a small tiki pole... An alarm rang in his mind. It was also as if the room siddenly got darker, on a cloudless sky... As he shot out of his shop at an alarming speed he noticed dark clouds brewing in the distant oceans he was "frightened." he strolled back in his makeshift hut and put the final touches on his tiki pole. He grasped it "lovingly." he then sprinted out side aroused by the screams of his beloved family and friends! He was "angry." he looked out over the crisp blue waves... Wait... Not blue... Black... Reflecting the pure evil that was devouring everything in its path...

This young man was no longer the innocent wood carver but the experienced warrior. He tighted his grip on his tiki pole, which now was another limb to him... A powerful weapon. He charged the oncoming dark creatures now chunking spear and flaming arrows... The sorcerers now throwing their dark orbs of brilliance... His pole now changing to the emotion that was now inside of him. The tiki faces twisting with pain then contorted with sadness. He crushed his enemies with one blow now pouring out his inner fury! He flamed with anger and hus pole... Not a pole a club.. Grew.. And grew... Till worn out, he spotted a giant orb of evil darkness seep out of the dark clouds and zoom toward his innocent family. He leaped and right before he made contact he glimpsed his great wreckedge made by this weapon in his hand... "how..." he thought... Then blacked out.

"What's this?" said a humble bear. He then picked up a beautiful tiki club and suddenly the faces changed.. Exactly to match his calm manner. In awe, the bear shoved it in his belt and strolled on to catch up with his troop.

Congratulations to the winners!

Each winner will receive 100 Platinum and have their weapon re-created in game with their character name on it and included as a Legendary Weapon in the Humania Expansion.

Samhayne
05-31-2012, 09:05 AM
There were so many awesome entries to the contest! It was hard to choose just 3 winners and we want to recognize some of the other great creations as our 6 Runners Up. Each Runner Up will receive 50 Platinum in Pocket Legends. In no particular order:

6 Runners Up

Aquaverdian's Sea Dragon Staff of Tides

RedRyder's Shark Jaw Serpent Staff

Deviousangel's Cascading Cutlass of Vitality

Vildax's Leafal Impaler of Skewering

Windwolve's Aquatic Shellcane of Atlantis

Windwaiker's Spirit Palm

Congratulations again to all of our winners and thanks to everyone who participated in the contest!

elianel
05-31-2012, 09:53 AM
0.o
:
:
:
:
I didn't win nothing again Congratulation

Elyseon
05-31-2012, 10:23 AM
Gratz to all, can't wait to see your items in game

Dalinuel
05-31-2012, 11:58 AM
I would pay alot of platinum if you would make the runners up weapons available as deal of day our vanities

Swimmingstar
05-31-2012, 12:28 PM
Congrats.

Will there be another contest for us bad drawers? :D

Urqui
05-31-2012, 12:34 PM
Grats:)

Kaiserwarrior
05-31-2012, 01:31 PM
Grats:cool:

Sryyoulose
05-31-2012, 05:15 PM
Congrats.

Will there be another contest for us bad drawers? :D

You just think your bad, I flunked art in Kindergarten!

Gratz to all winners I guess my 9 Days work wasn't enough.

Jcyee
05-31-2012, 08:13 PM
congrats to everyone! looking forward to see your guys weapons in game!

Conradin
05-31-2012, 08:29 PM
congratz, but dam, i wanted the octopus xbow

Axelrod15
05-31-2012, 09:23 PM
Yaa deuvevax won strength!!!!

GiorgotheGreek
06-01-2012, 01:10 AM
Grats to the winners !Next time the BAD DRAWERS will try more LOL. :banana:

Knockador
06-05-2012, 08:46 AM
Yes, congratz indeed :applause:

apocketlegend
06-16-2012, 08:59 AM
Congratz!

Puddleglumm
11-15-2012, 08:07 AM
cool

killenspree
11-24-2012, 03:39 AM
this is so cool how players can design weapons that u dont think abt until u see them. looks like alot of hard work and creativity

ArtofWar
11-24-2012, 10:53 AM
this is so cool how players can design weapons that u dont think abt until u see them. Looks like alot of hard work and creativity

Necro!!! :D

Puddleglumm
11-27-2012, 03:36 PM
sweet i love them all, next time i should enter one for fun :)

Caiahar
04-28-2013, 10:58 AM
Necro, but idc, its STICKY. I wish there was another sts hosted contest like this :/