PDA

View Full Version : Developers please consider this!?!

xxknucklesxx
05-31-2012, 09:08 PM
I've been playing for about two years now I do have one other question for you. On my account over the time I have played I have purchased about 25,000 platinum. Alot! My suggestion is for you guys to give the players that have purchased a large amount of platinum a special item/set for one character on their account. Per say have three tiers, example: tier 1 10,000 platinum purchase = 1 special nonstated item, tier 21 20,000 platinum purchase =1 1 special stated item, tier 3 30,000 platinum purchase = special stated item set. Let me know what you think. Im only suggesting this because the people who do actually spend the money on the game are dedicated longterm players who deserve to be rewarded is some way for it so we know we are appreciated by the staff of pocket legends also. Thank you for your time please get back to me ;) thank you, gary

Mothwing
05-31-2012, 09:10 PM
This has sort of already been introduced, and I doubt it will happen again since it was a one time thing for purchasing the main spine content before it went free. I like the idea, but it would cause an unbalance in the game if the sets were ever given bonuses. I don't see this happening any time soon, since virtually anyone can whip up some cash to buy platinum, but that's just my two-cents.

Otukura
05-31-2012, 09:12 PM
This has sort of already been introduced, and I doubt it will happen again since it was a one time thing for purchasing the main spine content before it went free. I like the idea, but it would cause an unbalance in the game if the sets were ever given bonuses. I don't see this happening any time soon, since virtually anyone can whip up some cash to buy platinum, but that's just my two-cents.

a. Main spine was like 100p, and for a completely different reason.
b. Who said they'd ever be given bonuses?
c. if "virtually anyone" can buy platinum, how would it be unfair?

Sryyoulose
05-31-2012, 09:18 PM
I'd think a simple bonus would be ok being as they've spent thousands of dollars on the game... Doesn't have to be extreme ofc... Maybe like 3+ armor for 2 pieces 5+ Armor for 3 pieces!

JaytB
06-01-2012, 05:27 PM
Although I might be a bit biased here, I like your suggestion :)

Stevenmc
06-01-2012, 05:35 PM
What about the founders like me who have played and stuck with the game since it was released, but are not able to spend massive amounts of money of plat. I am loyal to the game, even though I don't have enough money to be crazy spending on platinum

dudetus
06-01-2012, 05:45 PM
What about the founders like me who have played and stuck with the game since it was released, but are not able to spend massive amounts of money of plat. I am loyal to the game, even though I don't have enough money to be crazy spending on platinum

Well u have Founder's Helm O_O

JaytB
06-01-2012, 05:51 PM
Well u have Founder's Helm O_O

Lol, was just going to post the exact same thing.

Stevenmc
06-01-2012, 05:55 PM
That's for being a really long time player, this is for players who may be long time or short time players who have more money.

JaytB
06-01-2012, 06:10 PM
That's for being a really long time player, this is for players who may be long time or short time players who have more money.

Since STS is a business, wouldn't it make sense they did something for their best customers? Although loyalty is a great thing, the people that actually spend real life money in the game are the ones who enable STS to develop more content/games. Founders got a reward for just being around, so why would someone who actually invests in the company (by buying plat) deserve any less?

Don't get me wrong though, I couldn't care less if STS decides to implement this or not. I'm just expressing my opinion about it :)

Stevenmc
06-01-2012, 07:03 PM
I am a dedicated player to this game and contribute. I'm not saying I don't buy plat, but I can't spend 100's of dollars on it you know? And I'm not trying to make a scene or throw a fit. I to am just saying what I think:)

Stevenmc
06-01-2012, 07:04 PM
I only can spend 5 to ten dollars on it every once in a while:/

Rare
06-01-2012, 07:16 PM
I only can spend 5 to ten dollars on it every once in a while:/

So what's wrong with others getting a bonus? You make it sound as if they are taking something from you. Just saying.

Edit: and to be blunt... Life isn't fair. If you don't already know that, you will. Paying customers pay the bills. Btw i haven't bought close to that much plat.

Urqui
06-01-2012, 07:30 PM
Reward for buying tons of plat is any vanity you want thats for sale, easy gameplay because of elixers, and more space for items auction slots etc...
Besides, having an award that shows "I've bought 30,000p" is a good potential hack target.
Sorry man cool idea anyways:)

JaytB
06-01-2012, 08:17 PM
Reward for buying tons of plat is any vanity you want thats for sale, easy gameplay because of elixers, and more space for items auction slots etc...
Besides, having an award that shows "I've bought 30,000p" is a good potential hack target.
Sorry man cool idea anyways:)

Although I agree with what you're saying, there are some comparable things currently in game, when speaking about hackers' targets, depending on how you look at it.

Let's start with the founders helm. I mean, because a founder played from the beginning, the awards were; (currently) discontinued items, a head start of building up gold and more time creating different alts and farming. When a hacker sees a founder helm, he/she can be sure that the player is already playing for a long time already, and could assume that said player must have achieved a lot by now. Making it possibly a desired target.

Or how about those rare gold dragons (which usually require multiple purchases of 500 plat) or that 500 plat vanity helm? Couldn't that attrackt hackers? It also shows how much plat people have spent.

Or how about the vanity sets? When a hacker sees someone with a crown of persistence, shield of hallows and fang armor paired with an expensive set, wouldn't he/she target that account too? Heck, I bet a hacker would target such an account before even thinking about hacking someone who got a 'big-plat-spender vanity' in crappy gear. Don't you think?

Here's another one, a hacker could also check cs who's selling expensive stuff, and target that account. That would make an even beter target IMO, because having bought a lot of plat is in no way a guarantee that the user either has a lot of gold or any plat left on that account.

I could go on and on, but my point is that there are already items/ways in the game that can show off (or give a pretty good indication of) the wealth of specific users. Should they all be removed because they would potentially attrackt hackers?

Conradin
06-01-2012, 08:43 PM
I like the idea- why shouldnt a player that supports sts that much get a lil bonus? This is non biased btw as i have bough 1.5k

Stevenmc
06-01-2012, 09:31 PM
[QUOTE=Aedenos;664031

So what's wrong with others getting a bonus? You make it sound as if they are taking something from you. Just saying.

Edit: and to be blunt... Life isn't fair. If you don't already know that, you will. Paying customers pay the bills. Btw i haven't bought close to that much plat.[/QUOTE]
So I've played the game and stuck with it all this time, and someone with a big bank account should automatically be able to buy a "founders helm" type of item, and get the same bonus as the player who's been there for two years? Seems like I've just waisted 2 years then, when I can just buy it.

Stevenmc
06-01-2012, 09:32 PM
That last one sounded snappy ^^ wasn't meant to be. Just defending my opinion :)

Sryyoulose
06-01-2012, 09:50 PM
Coming from someone who's only spent 600 Plat and that mostly being free (90% Of it) I say making some bonus can't hurt. It doesn't have to be like founders just something else. Remember we're not talking 100-200 Dollars we're talking THOUSANDS of dollars spent in game... Let's face it guys. I see no Real harm with 3+ Bonus instead of 5+

Subscriber
06-01-2012, 10:42 PM
This can turn into a very controversial thread very qucikly. I would actually hope STS does not do this.. Although it is an intriguing thought that would be awesome! :)

Phoenixking
06-01-2012, 10:59 PM
So I've played the game and stuck with it all this time, and someone with a big bank account should automatically be able to buy a "founders helm" type of item, and get the same bonus as the player who's been there for two years? Seems like I've just waisted 2 years then, when I can just buy it.
Who said the stats would be founders-like, everyone says here a small boost not like the founders.

JTZ
06-02-2012, 01:14 AM
I see it like this, those who have payed that much have already gotten something, thousands of plat to buy amazing items and other things like that. So I don't see why someone should receive another bonus.

Physiologic
06-02-2012, 01:50 PM
The rich already have everything in the world (of PL). They shouldn't receive anything else.

zeusabe
06-04-2012, 02:29 AM
The new client that will bring the new map expansion (Humania) will also have the "Achievement system" among other gameplay improvements. If it has any similarity to Dark Legends' achievement system, then buying platinum will definitely be given recognition. I agree heavy platinum buyers should be rewarded, but these rewards should not give these players unfair advantage/s. Maybe an extra pet (a huge platinum coin or something). Without these "spenders", PL would not be where it is today, they deserve some sort of recognition. Think of it as value-added, similar to how establishments give "perks" to their most valuable customers in terms of loyalty of purchase. Companies do this to put a smile on their customers, and to encourage purchase. Like I said, I'm all for this, but these items shouldn't give those players unfair advantages, just for looks maybe. And yes, it's a cruel world, people with money really do get more, especially in a free-to-play game.