PDA

View Full Version : Level cap.

Atwosheds
06-02-2012, 12:39 AM
It is a huge rippoff to trick someone into paying you guys a bunch of real cash for platinum just to find out I need 17,000+ to get to the very low max level of of 21. That is 1000 times more points then all the other levels combined. If I were to pay you people for the exp, which is like 5$ for every 25 points of exp, I would have to pay you guys literally thousands of dollars. This would not be a huge problem if you didn't misslead people by showing that the powers go well beyond level 21. This makes it seem like the game is much larger than it is in reality. I expect to recieve a full refund of all mony I given you for what is now a pointless game obviously designed soley to take peoples' money. Thank you for your time. And shame on you.:grey:

rinzler
06-02-2012, 01:02 AM
Hi Atwosheds,

We are very sorry you are displeased with the level 21 cap. We acknowledge that we give the option to use platinum to buy experience, however, that is not the only option that is available to get to level to 21 or any level. Players are able to level up to 21 without the use of platinum, if he or she chooses. And we do understand that the experience to get to level is a bit high, this could possibly change in the future when new updates come in. We understand your frustration and we are very sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Should you have any questions or concerns, please PM me. For now, I am closing this thread.

-Rinzler

asommers
06-04-2012, 07:39 PM
I've reopened the thread, as this is a valid question.

Atwosheds,

The very last level in all of our games is regarded as the "Elite" level and has been for a long time. It's 10 times the experience required assuming the cap was actually higher. Players have a chance to get a special item if they make it to the Elite level cap before the next campaign comes out that raises the level cap. In fact, in PL, those elite items can even be combined to make sets with special bonuses. If you're seeing this for the first time in DL, I can understand your confusion. We don't explain it anywhere.

This [old] thread [from Pocket Legends] explains how the system works.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?18276-Advancement-Curve-Changes-for-Level-56

The Elite level cap in PL is actually 66 now, so there have been 3 rounds of elite levels. When Humania comes out, the Elite level cap will be 71.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?59656-Humania-is-coming!-Current-Level-Cap-goes-away-and-New-Level-Cap-of-71

-ALS

Onaraasider
06-05-2012, 01:54 AM
Ummmm... why dont u spend your plat on something worth while becuz 25exp is nothing and a complete waste you would be unsmart to completely buy your way to lvl 21.Something worth while could be energy, plat packs, and extra inventory slots.

Takezaki
06-05-2012, 04:15 AM
I've reopened the thread, as this is a valid question.

Atwosheds,

The very last level in all of our games is regarded as the "Elite" level and has been for a long time. It's 10 times the experience required assuming the cap was actually higher. Players have a chance to get a special item if they make it to the Elite level cap before the next campaign comes out that raises the level cap. In fact, in PL, those elite items can even be combined to make sets with special bonuses. If you're seeing this for the first time in DL, I can understand your confusion. We don't explain it anywhere.

This [old] thread [from Pocket Legends] explains how the system works.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?18276-Advancement-Curve-Changes-for-Level-56

The Elite level cap in PL is actually 66 now, so there have been 3 rounds of elite levels. When Humania comes out, the Elite level cap will be 71.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?59656-Humania-is-coming!-Current-Level-Cap-goes-away-and-New-Level-Cap-of-71

-ALS

Not the case in DL though, you get a lousy title.

Just sayin'

Floating
06-05-2012, 04:25 AM
This lousy title is a pride :) And no dont spend ur plat for energy! You should get vanities and weapons and grind using the guides on forums to go 21 :) Nuff said!!!

Flowman
06-05-2012, 05:15 AM
This lousy title is a pride :) And no dont spend ur plat for energy! You should get vanities and weapons and grind using the guides on forums to go 21 :) Nuff said!!!

Not entirely sound advice. If he wants to spend platinum in energy to get to 21 faster...then I say go for it. Spending it on direct experience is...well, not smart unless you're a low level and missions don't give good xp yet. Otherwise, energy is the better bet for leveling. Weapons and gear are cool and all, but they don't get you to 21. Why spend the platinum for gear that isn't the best yet?

Sure, I bought mine at lvl 20, and some people just want to have the cool looking gear all the time...but this guy is obviously upset with game mechanics.

Deathpunch
06-05-2012, 09:15 AM
Not the case in DL though, you get a lousy title.

Just sayin'

Of course, they could have just not gave you anything for capping.

Just sayin'

-----
Sent from my ICS-powered 3VO

StompArtist
06-05-2012, 09:49 AM
It only takes 4 days to amass 17k xp if you time your AFK missions right (and that is considering that I am lazy). Just be a little patient if you can't afford it.

Floating
06-05-2012, 12:59 PM
Not entirely sound advice. If he wants to spend platinum in energy to get to 21 faster...then I say go for it. Spending it on direct experience is...well, not smart unless you're a low level and missions don't give good xp yet. Otherwise, energy is the better bet for leveling. Weapons and gear are cool and all, but they don't get you to 21. Why spend the platinum for gear that isn't the best yet?

Sure, I bought mine at lvl 20, and some people just want to have the cool looking gear all the time...but this guy is obviously upset with game mechanics.

I also got it at lvl 20 because someone told me lvl 21 items dont exist mmmmmm >.> But i would not give it for energy sinxe, if u grind correctly, you can be 21 in 3 days

HunterSLAYER
06-11-2012, 10:37 AM
It isn't as bad as PL where u need 100k to cap
SL is about close to x2 of DL's exp req. To cap @ 28k.
Took me about a little more than a week to cap without buying Energy.

Sent from my LT26i using Xparent ICS Blue Tapatalk 2

Knockador
06-12-2012, 06:55 AM
Also, you could've used the plat to bypass the time on the map quest. You would've gained more xp.http://images.neopets.com/template_images/techo_mutanttounge.gif

Onaraasider
06-13-2012, 05:27 AM
I still cant find the cap reward tread,lol.

Cahaun
06-13-2012, 05:58 AM
Soon the Dark Legend update will be here and the game mechanics will be changed. That will fix some things we didn't like. As for the OP, no one is forcing you or requiring you to buy platinum. This game is free! Free to play and acquire the maximum lvl cap! If you need help, please visit the Player Guide section in the Dark Legend forum.