PDA

View Full Version : Cheating or Being Wise...

Elf-Orc-Naga
06-02-2012, 03:14 AM
I saw one player doing his "OWN" one-man-team very-short-cycle exp run!!! I joined him every time. The weird thing is... he is still looping around even all the enemies around him were dead! I helped him to kill enemies... Then he left and then created new game for the same map (that's why exp run). I joined again. This time I didn't help him to kill enemies and he was on the same loop (sometimes he kills all enemies sometimes not before leaving, sometimes he gets drop items but I am sure he's liquidating it before he leaves because I saw "busy" status)... I observed this over and over until I realized that his move is just ONE CYCLE!!! Very funny but what I concluded(or hypothesized) is this: he recorded the clicks of his mouse on his PC by some macro recording so he can gain exp even without physically playing PL.. OMG but well, that I think is wise other than using elixir which I am addicted to.

BTW, map he played was the first map of Nuri campaign! :)

JaytB
06-02-2012, 03:21 AM
If he does exactly the same thing over and over without any deviation in run patern or time, I'd say report that player. I'm pretty sure botting is against the TOS :)

NECROREAPER
06-02-2012, 03:23 AM
Botter, report ASAP.

Siejo
06-02-2012, 03:24 AM
If he does exactly the same thing over and over without any deviation in run patern or time, I'd say report that player. I'm pretty sure botting is against the TOS :)

You are correct!!!!!!

(e) Your Conduct as a User of the Software Product
You are responsible for your conduct as a member of the community and as a user of the Software Product.

You represent, warrant and agree that you will not engage in conduct or communication (written, verbal, or nonverbal) yourself, or by or through your avatar, which:

hacks, modifies or otherwise makes use of cheats, mods, automation software (bots) or any other unauthorized third-party software designed to modify the game experience;

Your prize is a free thanks woot!!!!

Coke
06-02-2012, 04:27 AM
yup, he's a botter alright! This better not be a regular thing from now on.

birdmasta
06-02-2012, 10:42 AM
O.o i never knew u could bot!!! how can u tell if hes botting?

Cahaun
06-02-2012, 10:53 AM
Why can't I ever find Bots? :(

Edit: I just want to ruin their runs. All you need to do is intervene and it'll ruin the pattern it was programmed to do. I'm going to kill every botter, every run. Then report :)

Whirlzap
06-02-2012, 10:57 AM
I've had a full party of them before.
If I can find the thread, I shall make a screenie.

Cahaun
06-02-2012, 11:05 AM
O.o i never knew u could bot!!! how can u tell if hes botting?

Botters:
Can't talk. They are mostly unresponsive and lonely (If they can. It'll be the same over and over)
They do the same thing over and over in loops. A pattern of attacks. Cooridnated loops and then rmk

How to kill a botter:
Just run ahead as fast as possible or intervene and ruin that loop. Enemies will act the same way forever if and only if the player(s) do too. Just aggro them and carry them away or anything to make the mob different . Best way is to aggro the boss to the botter ;)

I will find you all, botters!

BoomBox
06-02-2012, 11:26 AM
I can't believe people are botting in pl.. I mean for real? Lol

Piosidon
06-02-2012, 11:47 AM
People are just lazy

13lacklegionz
06-02-2012, 12:04 PM
I don't understand what's so bad about botting in player vs computer arenas. I mean, it's not really affecting anyone else's game experience. You're the one joining his game... O.o

Someone please explain to me why this is so bad to the world of PL.

Henryge
06-02-2012, 12:09 PM
leveling is so easy in PL. why would one bot?

Swimmingstar
06-02-2012, 02:36 PM
Botters gonna bot.

Register
06-02-2012, 02:55 PM
I don't understand what's so bad about botting in player vs computer arenas. I mean, it's not really affecting anyone else's game experience. You're the one joining his game... O.o

Someone please explain to me why this is so bad to the world of PL.

It should be pretty obvious. Even tho it's a PvE match, it's still a multiplayer game. One could get from level 1 to 66 by botting, in PvE and it would be unfair to everybody else. Others spend their time, money, and effort to get to where they were and botters do so with none o their own time, effort, or money. If you still see nothing wrong with botting, there is obviously something wrong.

~A~
06-02-2012, 03:06 PM
I saw 5 botters and reported them and told support. I advise you do the same!

GALiXENTOR
06-02-2012, 03:25 PM
People are pretty "die-hard" about PL, eh?

Prestige
06-02-2012, 03:57 PM
You do realize if you leech a botter you are just as guilty. You are exploiting xp that wasn't worked for by anyone. It's fine if you leech others that work for it. But in this case no one is working for it. Most games ban people for leeching botters and the botters themselves.

Jcyee
06-02-2012, 04:04 PM
why would ppl bot? it kinda takes away from the whole experience of pl because you dont do as much and you dont get to have as much fun

HunterSLAYER
06-02-2012, 04:10 PM
To botters. That's why I NEVER EVER PLAY ON CHROME so I can't be accused of botting.

I get migraines from lvling too much.....

Sent from my LT26i using Xparent ICS Blue Tapatalk 2