PDA

View Full Version : Asteroid Miner's Luck?

Morrigana
06-02-2012, 07:45 AM
I have heard lots of silly little tricks and tweaks to attempt to increase chances of pink drop in shipyard, but my real question is about the elixir. Is it required for a nova drop? And if no, how many times, on average should I remake until I could come close to making it drop? Is it a random loot generator? If someone could answer this for me it would be much appreciated. :)

RcyberN
06-02-2012, 08:38 AM
I've been on many Nova runs. Based on my observation, they have only dropped for those using miners luck. All the other theories about how to do the run didn't matter. I've seen them drop with chests opened or left closed, bombs exploded, bombs not disarmed, bombs disarmed, hostages saved or not saved.. etc

Bottom line...if you want a nova use the elixir... I've never used the elixir and never got one yet. But all those that used, eventually got one or even a few!

Uavaota

Mitchturbo
06-02-2012, 08:53 AM
Nope Nope Nope. I have seen quite a few pinks drop without anyone useing an elixir in my partys. The best bet though is using the free daily enhancer halfway when fighting mysterious figure. Though you do need to be in a trusted party to do that. Gotta leave and re enter at the beginning,
Grab free enhancement and run like crazy to boss before he dies or blows up the ship.

RcyberN
06-02-2012, 09:00 AM
I'm going to start to do more runs with you mate! :-) I need a little Mitchturbo luck elixir! ;-)

Uavaota

Popular
06-02-2012, 09:14 AM
i got one using daily

KillaSkillz
06-02-2012, 10:09 AM
Yup mitch is right. We used to run together with 3 others from guild. Not guaranteed a nova, but a legendary gun will drop with a free daily enhancer if done like that. Someone leaves the game about halfway through mysterious figures energy, re enters and grabs the free daily then runs back to the fight before MF dies. Clearing the bombs out of your path helps so you dont get blown up running back helps alot, and you gotta have 4 other people willing to stall killing MF until you make it back for the drops.

I have seen a legenday drop once without an enhancer, considering i have run sy5 probably 1000 times, it is not good odds of getting one without any enhancer at all. But Miners Luck is unnessary to get one. You will need patience with the free daily it may not happen right away and take a week of free dailys or more.
A group of 5 all doing it and not stopping until everyone has one is a great idea. Just agree to keep doing it until all 5 have novas, and any other legendary drops belong to whoever it drops to. Or keep doing it until all 5 players have one of each :D

akfury
06-02-2012, 12:27 PM
luck enhancers just help they are not required at all

Morrigana
06-02-2012, 04:15 PM
Oh ok then thanks alot guys :D I have been running a miner's luck with speed and damage all at once. I'm glowing like a highlighter but I did manage to get a razor drop..Nova would have been nice though, so I'm going to keep trying. I have to find a party good enough to do this with though. My guildees have real life to attend to :)

*Zero*
06-03-2012, 10:44 AM
Also ive seen gutter and nova drop from bigger luck rerolls.

Kanozaki
06-04-2012, 10:04 AM
I personally know some one who looted all 3 Pink guns with out any elixirs. Miners Luck certainly does help significantly on average i get around 2 pinks / 10 runs.

As stated above , the daily has 25% re roll rate.