PDA

View Full Version : Good idea for getting folks to buy campaigns!

Furrawn
08-19-2010, 02:46 PM
Edit: This was a bad idea! My brain was without coffee. Sorry:(

I just decked Furrawn out in all the cool gear gotten from the Fathom quests. Then, I went into Forest Haven. Instantly I was drowned in an onslaught of "Where did you get that?" Like any good proud PL'r [We are the pocket legend generation, right?:)], I told them the goods were gotten only by doing the quests for fathom crypt:D

My idea is that IF you make awesome, easily identifiable, items ONLY gotten through quest AND make them unable to be traded, There will be folks who play the campaigns to quest for the reward items. The quests could get really hard- like the swamps quests- so the players will inadvertently learn how to play better.. And they'll buy more campaigns because the quests will make them want to play the whole campaign...

http://i829.photobucket.com/albums/zz213/furrawn/7cde8598.png

Nostero
08-19-2010, 08:59 PM
This is actually a great idea

vulgarstrike
08-19-2010, 09:24 PM
epic win. now, cue the negative comment from asommers.

Chickdigcookies
08-19-2010, 09:26 PM
they are untradable AND only gotten throu quests...

Cascade
08-19-2010, 09:27 PM
I was thinking this too! I would love to see a whole quest set...Hat, weapon, body plate, and shield..

Furrawn
08-19-2010, 09:59 PM
they are untradable AND only gotten throu quests...

Yes- but the quests before fathom didn't have such awesome gear- hence suggesting that quests always have great prized cool items easily identified because it clearly works like in fathom...

Like cascade suggested- a full quest set... For each campaign...
The big thing is it could maybe get some of the mynas generation to quest and the devs could make some hard hard hard quests that would require teamwork, strategy, etc ...

PvpLegend
08-19-2010, 11:30 PM
amazing idea !

GaZz
08-20-2010, 03:26 AM
I just decked Furrawn out in all the cool gear gotten from the Fathom quests. Then, I went into Forest Haven. Instantly I was drowned in an onslaught of "Where did you get that?" Like any good proud PL'r [We are the pocket legend generation, right?:)], I told them the goods were gotten only by doing the quests for fathom crypt:D

Same happened to me.... and I agree with your idea!

Snakespeare
08-20-2010, 08:35 AM
Oh! I am 100% in agreement with any system of rewards that encourages people to play through and not skip things. People like a challenge, generally, but many won't take the challenge if they don't get anything for it. When I started giving my kids money for A's, their grades went up. Sounds good to me. After all, I wouldn't go in to work if they only gave me food and shelter for it. It would be nuts of me to expect that of someone else.