PDA

View Full Version : No new Star Guards picked in a while?

Paar
06-02-2012, 04:05 PM
I was just being curious and realized there haven't been a second batch of "Star Guards" chosen.

When will the next batch be chosen?

Will it come soon?

Why am I obsessed with Question Marks?

Someone Help me!?????

~ Stay yxems!

~Paar'o.

Piosidon
06-02-2012, 04:09 PM
Probably never :/

Mothwing
06-02-2012, 04:11 PM
Probably never :/

Not true. A Guardian that will remain nameless told me there is something new coming to the program, and it's (in my opinion) for the worst. I would expect to see more guardians in the next couple of updates.

Paar
06-02-2012, 04:13 PM
So, Nothing for Star Legends? More Guardians for Pocket Legends?

octavos
06-02-2012, 04:15 PM
Ahh paar, I know you want more star gaurds just as much as I do. But patiently wait...new jedi's will new choosen but as we wait... devs plan, as we post many are considered, and I write this devs see potential in all members here.

Im not saying that the program is abandoned but devs want to see community effort, help and support..So I say to you my friend. What can be done to help the forums to be less negative?

If you want to chat send me a PM.
Your friend,
:ghost:

Mothwing
06-02-2012, 04:16 PM
So, Nothing for Star Legends? More Guardians for Pocket Legends?

Check your pm's

javier995
06-02-2012, 04:56 PM
Why should new SGs be chosen?

I don't see why, I'm good with just Ghost.

What would we benefit from having more SGs? I see it all being the same, same amount of people helping for just the happy feeling of helping someone out. Am I wrong or am I right ?

Paar
06-02-2012, 05:00 PM
Why should new SGs be chosen?

I don't see why, I'm good with just Ghost.

What would we benefit from having more SGs? I see it all being the same, same amount of people helping for just the happy feeling of helping someone out. Am I wrong or am I right ?

I don't exactly know but, what is the reason for all of our GoA's? A benefit, I can not tell you. I think you are neither wrong nor right.

PianoWizzy
06-02-2012, 05:14 PM
-shrugs- There are some people that we just think deserve more recognition. This would be cool for them.

Paar
06-02-2012, 05:17 PM
-shrugs- There are some people that we just think deserve more recognition. This would be cool for them.

Thank You! This is what my mind lacks!

Mothwing
06-02-2012, 05:20 PM
I can see the attraction towards Guardians, but isn't the real reward the respect of the community? Even with the Guardian status, isn't that what you still deserve/get? If you're kind and helpful, you get kind and helpful back. It's that simple. Rewarding those who have already been rewarded is a little much IMO.

flashbackflip
06-03-2012, 06:10 AM
@ ghost

I don't see that forums are negative, bro..

forums are forums - they reflect the situation - if content is delayed - people react being annoyed

we, as AoBs are trying to make em busy with contests and fum, but if the concern is content, contests are only temporal solution..

other than sparks about content update, I see our forums as very friendly and collaborative place

Sorry for offtop mates - just wanted to state the positive trend ))

ArtStar
06-03-2012, 07:32 AM
Ahh paar, I know you want more star gaurds just as much as I do. But patiently wait...new jedi's will new choosen but as we wait... devs plan, as we post many are considered, and I write this devs see potential in all members here.

Im not saying that the program is abandoned but devs want to see community effort, help and support..So I say to you my friend. What can be done to help the forums to be less negative?

If you want to chat send me a PM.
Your friend,
:ghost:

How can they add more Star Gaurds when they have Ghost :star: lolol

I don't exactly know but, what is the reason for all of our GoA's? A benefit, I can not tell you. I think you are neither wrong nor right.

People seem to forget how much longer PL has been out <3

*Zero*
06-03-2012, 09:08 AM
I was told SG program no longer was happening as I had a application in and was told the program was stopped due to inactiveness of other sgs and the drama it was causing. So AoB was made to replace the sg.
Honestly I dont think it should be reborn only reason people want it is for the vanity....be honest about it. If you honestly wanted to help you would be helping in game not worrying about a title or a vanity.

Cahaun
06-03-2012, 09:44 AM
Star Guardian is a way of thanking players who unselfishly go out of their way to help others in the community.
I do say Ghost, Ebalere, and the others deserved a bit of thanks from Spacetime Studios when they got theirs. I do know a few people in game are also like that. (From the beta. All the good people just seem to be from the beta :p) Right now, I don't know what to say about Star Guardian now. We'll just see later.

ArtStar
06-03-2012, 09:50 AM
Honestly I dont think it should be reborn only reason people want it is for the vanity....be honest about it. If you honestly wanted to help you would be helping in game not worrying about a title or a vanity.

The few who actually got the "highly exclusive title and vanity" lead a good example though. Sure people want the awesome vanity, and some people may try soley to get it, but the only way to get it is through helping/leading a good example for other players. I don't think more SGs would be a bad idea if that is what the program is encouraging. Lol :D

Cahaun
06-03-2012, 10:20 AM
Right that is, Art!

*Zero*
06-03-2012, 10:38 AM
The few who actually got the "highly exclusive title and vanity" lead a good example though. Sure people want the awesome vanity, and some people may try soley to get it, but the only way to get it is through helping/leading a good example for other players. I don't think more SGs would be a bad idea if that is what the program is encouraging. Lol :D

Ghost was and is the only SG in my mind others got the title and dipped out and left their job. So in my eyes they should be stripped of the title. Yeah dont get me wrong I tried my hardest to become a sg, but others more qualified then I was picked. I think the program should be left alone AoB is here so sgs are not needed.

Cahaun
06-03-2012, 11:01 AM
Ghost was and is the only SG in my mind others got the title and dipped out and left their job.
Star Guardians don't have any extra responsibilities than any other person. They don't have a job, but a title and a badge that STS grants as a thanks.
That's part of how GoA fell. People kept thinking GoA's had extra responsibilities and had to help anyone that demanded assistance.

Mothwing
06-03-2012, 11:44 AM
I was told SG program no longer was happening as I had a application in and was told the program was stopped due to inactiveness of other sgs and the drama it was causing. So AoB was made to replace the sg.

100% false. The Ambassador program was implemented when the Guardian program was still active. They have 2 completely different jobs in the community, and you can't apply to become a Guardian. And it is being "reborn", I have seen a post to prove it as well as a Guardian telling me about it. All the Guardians deserve their title, and that's why STS is so specific in choosing them.

*Zero*
06-03-2012, 11:54 AM
100% false. The Ambassador program was implemented when the Guardian program was still active. They have 2 completely different jobs in the community, and you can't apply to become a Guardian. And it is being "reborn", I have seen a post to prove it as well as a Guardian telling me about it. All the Guardians deserve their title, and that's why STS is so specific in choosing them.
How do you know its false? your app was to show helpful needs to the community or help out you can. AoB and starguard is no difference however you want to think it is it isnt.
Also the last time a SG was picked was in september 2011, thats a long time and ive seen lots of players deserving of this title then the ones that had it. For anyone to say the program is closed has all the rights of someone to say it isnt.
But it seems the post is turning into something else lets get back on topic.

Mothwing
06-03-2012, 12:04 PM
How do you know its false? your app was to show helpful needs to the community or help out you can. AoB and starguard is no difference however you want to think it is it isnt.

The job of an Ambassador is to introduce new players into the community. The job of a Guardian is to help the community as a whole. And as I said before, you can't apply for a Guardian.

Paar
06-03-2012, 12:07 PM
I kind of think the way the SL Forums are now, and the lack of interest that they maybe are waiting to pick new ones until the SL forums become more active.

Dragonrider023
06-03-2012, 12:11 PM

And carefully

*Zero*
06-03-2012, 12:19 PM
Well if they ever do pick more Starguards, good luck too all.

*Zero*
06-03-2012, 12:21 PM
The job of an Ambassador is to introduce new players into the community. The job of a Guardian is to help the community as a whole. And as I said before, you can't apply for a Guardian.
Still no difference.
And we know you dont apply for it like i said before your "app" is your help to the community.

Mothwing
06-03-2012, 12:23 PM
Still no difference.
And we know you dont apply for it like i said before your "app" is your help to the community.

?? I explained the difference in the quote you just quoted. What is there not to understand?

*Zero*
06-03-2012, 12:26 PM
?? I explained the difference in the quote you just quoted. What is there not to understand?
Are you serious? Starguard helps new players too as do AoB. No difference.

Mothwing
06-03-2012, 12:28 PM
Are you serious? Starguard helps new players too as do AoB. Now i think your

Yeah I'm serious, anybody can be helpful, but the specific job of an Ambassador is to help NEW players. This is going nowhere, if you see it differently, then so be it. I am now leaving this thread.

Otukura
06-03-2012, 12:31 PM
Not true. A Guardian that will remain nameless told me there is something new coming to the program, and it's (in my opinion) for the worst. I would expect to see more guardians in the next couple of updates.

PM meh?

:D

Mothwing
06-03-2012, 12:37 PM
PM meh?

:D

D: You should know, since you're a Guardian ;)

Otukura
06-03-2012, 01:32 PM
The job of a Guardian is to help the community as a whole. And as I said before, you can't apply for a Guardian.

I don't think there is any job for a Guardian. It's a reward.

ArtStar
06-03-2012, 07:24 PM
I too, agree that Ghost is the one and only Star Gaurd.
I haven't met any other Star Guards in all the time I've played this game,
and I've heard some pretty disappointing things about the attitudes of some SGs.
I hope the next batch of Star Guards are more involved.
If we could just clone Ghost there wouldn't be a discussion x]

Paar
06-03-2012, 07:33 PM
and I've heard some pretty disappointing things about the attitudes of some SGs.

*takes Ghost's DNA* CLONES*** :) I would love more Ghost's!

javier995
06-03-2012, 09:29 PM
*takes Ghost's DNA* CLONES*** :) I would love more Ghost's!

I wish you'd do that for real :/

I've met all of the SGs, and they were all okay guys. Helpful yes, and they use to be active as well. Ghost (like you guys said) is most likely the best out of them.

Ghost is my role model, he doesn't do his "job" Bc he's afraid of losing some title, he does it Bc he loves doing it. He's a kind man, well you guys know how he is.

Maybe Ghost will have the same impact as those others who shoot for SG, as he does to those of us who just do it to be kind.

Sure the hell with it, let there be more SGs! Let's just hope they're in it for the right reasons and not just the vanity..

Jugernugetx
06-03-2012, 09:37 PM
Im sure sts has something planned for star guards but isnt giving information just yet:) they are just busy with arcane legends and other important stuff. Give em time. :)

Cahaun
06-03-2012, 09:53 PM
<3 :ghost: <3

Zaltiar
06-03-2012, 11:03 PM

(please refrain from grammar policing, I'm writing this from my tablet during a lecture :|)

Aww that's not true ArtStar, heh I've met you a few times on my Hellcharger toon which is my main in Star Legends.
But you might have forgotten :). I do still tend to go ingame sometimes and check up on things. Although, I have to say not a lot of people know about this program. And the people that do have the wrong conception of what SGs are. I wrote some stuff on the main sg thread where people were debating about the 'responsibilities' of SGs and to the people debating here, same thing applies. I do believe that Aob and SG are two completely different programs.
Let's look at the goal/aim of the two. AOB solely works to help out the new players when in need (as do AOA and whatever the DL version is), although, I haven't been on for long and their goals might have changed. As from the starguard 'program', Many have talked about the aim of SGs and what they stand for ingame. I have one quote from Samhayne that answers all. Alright I forgot how it exactly went (way to kill it zalt) :), but it's something along the lines of their way of saying thanks for being cool in general and helping out others. (if I find that quote ill post it here haha) There's a very abstract line of whether sg/guardians are actually a program or a reward. Imo, it's a little bit of both.
To the statement given, don't get that wrong though, it's not as if everyone who helps get the title. the Guardians/Starguards gained their acknowledgement through various reasons and many are seen as people that the community look up on and have been in the community for quite some time. So yes we may have 'set' responsibilities as to how we maintain that title since it can be taken away just as it was given.
As to the question why STS has not chosen any new players for SG/Guardian, there are many reasons.
First, they may have realized as did we that this was not working. Of course there are few that still go out their way to help out others post-sg/guardian titles but many have either quit the game or don't do anything else after. That is probably the reason why they came out with the Aoa/Aob programs, at least they have set objectives, also it is mainly the new players that need help and most of the time sg/guardians are on their main toon in different instances.
Also, if you have not noticed, sts has been developing a 'few' other games *cough*, and as much as I'd like to believe they treat each game equally spending all their efforts to bring out content etc they don't have the time or staff to do so. Maybe in the future they will bring in more employees that handle these things, but until then we'll have to hope and pray. They'll do so in their time, after all its their game and they can choose to do with it whatever way they want.
As for others who are desperately reaching to get the titles, don't aim just for that. Put the titles at the back of your mind and just play the game. If you are helping out others, do it as a genuine gesture. There's a carrot at the end of the pole, the reward will be there, and you will be acknowledged for your acts in time but don't waste all your energy trying to get it. It's a game, have fun.
Well that's my two cents (became more like a dollar but hey, this lectures pretty boring), feel free to pm me ;)
Cheers,
Zalt.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

octavos
06-03-2012, 11:22 PM
(please refrain from grammar policing, I'm writing this from my tablet during a lecture :|)

Aww that's not true ArtStar, heh I've met you a few times on my Hellcharger toon which is my main in Star Legends.
But you might have forgotten :). I do still tend to go ingame sometimes and check up on things. Although, I have to say not a lot of people know about this program. And the people that do have the wrong conception of what SGs are. I wrote some stuff on the main sg thread where people were debating about the 'responsibilities' of SGs and to the people debating here, same thing applies. I do believe that Aob and SG are two completely different programs. ECT....ECT..ECT...

Cheers,
Zalt.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

Holy mother of wall of text, but anyway as Zalt has posted ill keep mine short and sweet...(like I always do).

(grammar policing, me too, im sleepy ATM)

We all do our part in this game to keep it friendly, helpful, and most of all for the community. Devs have quite a bit and I have kept in touch with them regarding your concerns long before these posts were even created. We observe players and there playing and posting habits. While many think they are going unanswered, devs don't have to post every answer, but it does help ease the tension. Me and Zalt are here to reassure you that many haven't been forgotten and we support you guys..in the good and bad.

P.S.
Javi, Paar, Art, Cahaun your kind words help tons....you guys are awesome. Made me all warm and fuzzy. ^_^ like a fluffy rabbit that just got petted :p

Reddwing
06-04-2012, 12:01 AM
Koi definitely deserved it!!! Sad to see her disappear with no explanation whatsoever :(

Flowman
06-04-2012, 06:28 AM
ya I love Ghost! Shame he had to die the way he did...just betrayed like that :(

http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/497/ghostrender.png

Hang on a minute...

I quit this game pretty much right when Star Guards were selected I think...maybe it was a little after...hell I don't remember. But I was buds with Ebalere and was building a bro-bond with Ghost over there, and those 2 deserved the title for what they did on the forums alone. Helping out on the forums is what really shows, and those guys (as well as the other SG I'm sure) did a great job at helping out without being a white knight or policing.

I knew the SG program was dead and buried when poor Bodmasta busted his butt on the forums making sure every question got answered to the fullest, providing links to other threads, full explanations, and just being a genuine, good natured guy. Bod was never made a SG, and I'd like to believe it's one of the big reasons why we don't see him here anymore. I mean, wouldn't you be mad too? After watching SOME of the SG get selected out of the blue, and Bod puts in months of work with no recognition? It's not even about the vanity at this point...it's almost a sign of respect. I talked to him about it once and we both agreed that while you shouldn't only help people to get a reward, it is very emotionally and mentally taxing to see others get rewarded for less. I'm actually having trouble explaining what I mean...but I think some people will get it. I watched Bod lose hope in the game, and after I came back from my long time away, I found that he too had eventually walked away.

The point of the above is just to say that other than the SG now and a few select others (won't name any more names...you guys know who you are), I haven't really seen anyone else up to that level of contribution yet. Sure I did miss a few months, but from the looks of things now, it's generally the same crowd. The SG program was a good idea in theory, but when you have such a wide range of ages and maturity levels in a game, you're bound to run in to issues with a program that rewards people for "helping." People like Ghost, Ebalere, and Bod were helping and doing whatever they could to better the game for us before I had even heard of Star Guards. In my opinion, giving out the title to new people would be an insult to Bod's contributions to the game. There shouldn't be a reward for helping people out because in the long run, it benefits everyone anyways, including yourself. That's enough of a reward if you ask me.

Kanozaki
06-04-2012, 09:53 AM
I know all of the SG pretty well , yes every one besides Ghost is pretty much inactive. Do we need more SG ? certainly not but don't get me wrong , more SG would be nice but certainly not a necessity. What we DO need our more people willing to help out the community for the heck of it and not for a title.
Keep in mind ladies and gentlemen , the SG vanity is just a symbol of appreciation and in no way does it command respect from your peers nor does it hold any Authority over some one else.( Medal of sorts for a job well done )

PS: i do miss all the SG though :( especially koi -sniffle sniffle-, besides ghost does not give me his hugs either.

ArtStar
06-04-2012, 11:47 AM

But you might have forgotten :).

Ha ha no way, I thought Hellcharger was one of Ghost's alts actually. lolol I knew right after I posted that some of you other SGs would show up :D Please don't take what I said the wrong way, and I really wasn't sure about Hellcharger to be honest. I thought of it while writing that, you were pretty awesome at PvP I remember :D
Oh wow lol I have met another SG, reading Flow's post. I've met Ebelare too. Guys I wasn't implying that any of the SGs didn't earn their title. They all earned it in a different way there is no denying that.

Oh yeah and I don't remember comparing the ambassadors and guardians<3

@Ghost: No problem, just giving credit where it is needed :star:

Zaltiar
06-04-2012, 03:01 PM
Not to worry ArtStar, (all that time I met you on your demoneyes toon as well ;_; jkjk!) I did change my name a few times during my time there so I would guess it would have gotten confusing. Anyhoo, Ghost...Hell...,Octavos why do we have such dark names hahaha ;) I'll be on more once I finish these darn finals and when some new content appears.

Ah, I apologize if you thought I had directed the rest of the post towards your comment, I was using my tablet and couldn't bother with editing the text, grammar inc.
It was just to cool down some flame-y posts I saw in the earlier pages of the thread regarding the two 'programs'.
Catch you around!

Physiologic
06-04-2012, 05:05 PM
No one should have to "work" to become a Star Guard. You're helping people out for all the wrong reasons. Not a single thought of having an exclusive vanity item should be in ones head if they decide they want to help others.

*Zero*
06-04-2012, 05:28 PM
Lmao did you guys text each other??? Waiting on eb and ibnobody to post now.
Anyways welcome back SGs hope to see ya'll in game.

Physiologic
06-04-2012, 05:32 PM
Also, in my defense, I'd like to say that I do have a busy life outside of PL, SL, and DL. My job requires me to work anywhere from 10 hours to 22 hour days (with ungodly shifts ranging from 2 am to 5 pm or 5 am to 8 pm, etc) which was really taxing at times. My social life also suffered a bit, so I decided to take a break.

Phoenixking
06-04-2012, 05:46 PM
Also, in my defense, I'd like to say that I do have a busy life outside of PL, SL, and DL. My job requires me to work anywhere from 10 hours to 22 hour days (with ungodly shifts ranging from 2 am to 5 pm or 5 am to 8 pm, etc) which was really taxing at times. My social life also suffered a bit, so I decided to take a break.
22 hours a day... Holy crap....

I believe all the Star Legends Star Guards deserve there thanks. Just saying

Paar
06-04-2012, 05:58 PM
I appreciate the Star Guards that are here, Helping for the right reason and making our community better. I also would like you to take the time and thank everyone for Posting there Opiniuns.

Cahaun
06-04-2012, 06:40 PM
At first I thought that job'd be crazy and then I saw your occupation...

*Zero*
06-04-2012, 07:23 PM
Real Life > Games.

Kanozaki
06-05-2012, 12:01 AM

u <3 miss our pro op in SL

*Zero*
06-05-2012, 06:02 AM
Yeah guys each one of these guys earned SG. Ghost with his help on the support site Phys just being his awesome self and eba doing the whole new player guild thing and the others just being fine community leaders. I for one salute you guys and by all means you guys dont have to explain why some has taken a break.

Players just want more SGs picked. But just remember guys you cant ask for SG it is earned.