PDA

View Full Version : A new vanity helm for Humania L71 to replace COP?

Whirlzap
06-04-2012, 01:11 PM

If you are close to the elite level cap of 66 and want to get the Mt. Fang armor reward, now would be the time to go get it! You see, after Humania comes out and the level cap is raised to 71, the Mt. Fang reward for making 66 will go away. It will be replaced by a new vanity helmet that you are rewarded with for making level 71.

Currently, Humania is gated by the release of a new game client. We have submitted the new client to Apple for review. While we have no guarantees if, or when, the client will be approved, from experience we can throw out estimates. Right now we're saying about 2 weeks. So, to reiterate, if you want the Mt. Fang vanity armor reward for getting to level 66 and the associated set bonus that goes along with it and other elite cap vanity items, now would be the time to get it!

So now people can get the three-piece Vanity Elite Set.
;/
I guess my COP is worthless now.
*equips Big Luck*
Ha drop rate is better than exclusive set bonus!

Just going to say.
If you guys want to argue that people should get a chance, well listen up.
I've argued JUST the same for Founder's Helm and everything else.
You miss out, you're gone.

I think the Developers would agree with me.
Right?
-Rinzler allowed the "unfair" advantage of Founder's Helms in the level 10 tournament.

Why not let us still have this "unfair" advantage of having an extra piece to the Elite Vanity Set?

Why not release a vanity pet? I'm sure everyone would want this instead of just another piece.
Now I'm probably just not going to grind to 71. No point in it, since my COP can easily substitute, and no point in showing off the red sparkles of a three-piece vanity elite set at all.

I seriously expected a vanity weapon. Or a pet.
;.;

Ahh well, *prepares gold for Humania*

Ixillicus
06-04-2012, 01:12 PM
It's possible the bonus from the new helmet would be diffferent than the old one...

Whirlzap
06-04-2012, 01:16 PM
I honestly doubt it.
I'm just flagging down a point right now, as of what it seems like.
I'm sure there will be some catch to it, but just in case it will completely substitute the bonus, I've gotten my points down.

Zeus
06-04-2012, 01:19 PM
Why not do this?

You can craft your CoP with the new vanity helm to create a super elite helm that adds on to the bonus? That way, both parties would grind for elite cap?

Make sense?

octavos
06-04-2012, 01:21 PM
This should have been known, that vanity will be replaced by better ones making old obsolete. so people who didn't cap can have a chance....plus stats will always be better then old items
EG: Big luck and bigger luck.

This is coming from a guy that plays PL rarely. SL will have the same fate...so I know i'm always prepared.

dudetus
06-04-2012, 01:22 PM
Why not do this?

You can craft your CoP with the new vanity helm to create a super elite helm that adds on to the bonus? That way, both parties would grind for elite cap?

Make sense?

And ultimately ppl hit the elite cap in lvl 101 their set bonus gives 500 crit, 1000 hp, 500 dodge and 1000 armor?

Zeus
06-04-2012, 01:23 PM
And ultimately ppl hit the elite cap in lvl 101 their set bonus gives 500 crit, 1000 hp, 500 dodge and 1000 armor?

If you noticed, the more vanity pieces there were, the less bonus they added. I'm sure the devs will handle the scaling appropriately.

dudetus
06-04-2012, 01:25 PM
If you noticed, the more vanity pieces there were, the less bonus they added. I'm sure the devs will handle the scaling appropriately.

Still the ones who cap first at let's say lvl 81 will have a big disadvantage vs the ones who have had elite cap rewards since lvl 56.

Sry, it just doesn't work :/

EDIT: because STS wants to offer equal chances to everyone

Zeus
06-04-2012, 01:27 PM
Still the ones who cap first at let's say lvl 81 will have a big disadvantage vs the ones who have had elite cap rewards since lvl 56.

They are already at a disadvantage even at this cap. Again, why should we get the short end of the stick because we were dedicated enough to reach caps from the very beginning while others weren't?

It's equality of opportunity, not flat out equality.

Slcinuup
06-04-2012, 01:28 PM
Eventually it has to loop anyway, we only have 4 vanity slots.

Zeus
06-04-2012, 01:29 PM

I'm fine with it looping, but why not add on to the existing bonuses?

Chopper
06-04-2012, 01:30 PM
I never got the chance to cap before Lvl 66 since i only started playing recently. Vanity Helmet rocks, but i see the point. I guess my Bigger Luck vanity will have to go into storage then too.

Swimmingstar
06-04-2012, 01:38 PM
If it does replace any vanities just make the bonuses better.

Whirlzap
06-04-2012, 01:39 PM

THAT is a lie.

Rinzler completely said on the PvP thread, FOUNDERS HELMS are ALLOWED.
Is that fair? NO.
The world isn't fair.
But what STS is fair about, is OFFERING FAIR chances.
That means, EVERYONE could have started this game a year ago and gotten the COP.
I'm really leaning towards what Apollo suggests, changing the set effect for COP and the two other pieces, ALONG with the sparkles, and making it superior to the new helm and the two other pieces. Or just simply allowing us to craft the COP with the new one into something more powerful with a NEW SPARKLES.

Zeus
06-04-2012, 01:39 PM
If it does replace any vanities just make the bonuses better.

But what if some of us like the way the elite set looks? Why not just add on?

Zeus
06-04-2012, 01:40 PM

You said it yourself, they want to offer equal chances.

They gave you the equal chance to get it during the 56 cap, even if you didn't download the app. You had the equal chance to download the app and play. It's equality of opportunity, not flat out equality, something many people don't understand.

Swimmingstar
06-04-2012, 01:44 PM
But what if some of us like the way the elite set looks? Why not just add on?

They could use your idea and have the new helm and add-on give the same stats. Then you can have the cool look and equal stats.

Whirlzap
06-04-2012, 01:45 PM
The exact same argument with Founder's Helm.

Let it unfold.

Elyseon
06-04-2012, 01:49 PM
I think it's fair they will be able to get a helm, I figured they would re-use elite vanity slots, I was just hoping they would fill them all first.

Swimmingstar
06-04-2012, 01:51 PM
The exact same argument with Founder's Helm.

Let it unfold.

It's not an argument until/unless you want it to be. Do you want an argument?

dudetus
06-04-2012, 01:55 PM
You said it yourself, they want to offer equal chances.

They gave you the equal chance to get it during the 56 cap, even if you didn't download the app. You had the equal chance to download the app and play. It's equality of opportunity, not flat out equality, something many people don't understand.

Yes, I do not have CoP and yes, we all had the chance to receive it during Sewers days and we all had the chance to get Founder's if we just played the game long enough.

But as this game has always been Pick-up-and-play format I do think that STS offers (almost) the same opportunities for the future gens to receive a set bonus.

Ofc I think that the CoP, SoH and MFA are more valuable than future vanity sets but I don't think ur suggestion would work out. I do not hate on u guys but it just sounds that everyone are so protective about their elite vanities.

This was going to happen, who cares when it did happen? Or have u been so oblivious that u thought there wouldn't be other elite vanity sets than this current one? No matter how this ends up, at least I am glad to have MFA and SoH not to mention u guys who have CoP as well. They are the signs that we have been here a long time. This all fuzzle sounds just so greedy.

NECROREAPER
06-04-2012, 01:55 PM
Unless its an elite Pumpkin vanity, I don't care about it.

Whirlzap
06-04-2012, 01:58 PM
Yes, I do not have CoP and yes, we all had the chance to receive it during Sewers days and we all had the chance to get Founder's if we just played the game long enough.

But as this game has always been Pick-up-and-play format I do think that STS offers (almost) the same opportunities for the future gens to receive a set bonus.

Ofc I think that the CoP, SoH and MFA are more valuable than future vanity sets but I don't think ur suggestion would work out. I do not hate on u guys but it just sounds that everyone are so protective about their elite vanities.

This was going to happen, who cares when it did happen? Or have u been so oblivious that u thought there wouldn't be other elite vanity sets than this current one? No matter how this ends up, at least I am glad to have MFA and SoH not to mention u guys who have CoP as well. They are the signs that we have been here a long time. This all fuzzle sounds just so greedy.

It's not greedy.
It's called watching greed.
You want something we have.
You are jealous, you have greed.
It's not our greed that we got a CoP.
Besides, when we grinded for CoP, we didn't even know about an Elite Vanity Bonus.
We just got it.
What we did know, is that we expected this CoP to be special.
I didn't spend a few tens of hours of my life tapping my iPod for nothing.

Rare
06-04-2012, 02:04 PM
And of course the vanities cannot be stashed... making them useless.

The whole idea of not being able to stash the elite vanities I've earned is ridiculous in itself. One of great fails of STS IMO.

Swimmingstar
06-04-2012, 02:09 PM
This will also give elite vanity set people a chance to get these sets on newer characters.

Chopper
06-04-2012, 02:10 PM
And of course the vanities cannot be stashed... making them useless.

The whole idea of not being able to stash the elite vanities I've earned is ridiculous in itself. One of great fails of STS IMO.

I dont see it that way. The Elite Vanities are given as rewards to those players who have grinded to the end of Elite caps. If they could be transferred between characters, players, then the character has not earned the reward.

Zeus
06-04-2012, 02:12 PM

You say elite set. When are we denying people elite sets? My point is, what's the incentive for the hardcore full vanity set players to reach the cap now? Many will find it pointless and would therefore lessen platinum purchased because people don't need to grind?

You guys have an incentive, we don't.

dudetus
06-04-2012, 02:28 PM
You say elite set. When are we denying people elite sets? My point is, what's the incentive for the hardcore full vanity set players to reach the cap now? Many will find it pointless and would therefore lessen platinum purchased because people don't need to grind?

So after u have already a full elite vanity set u don't have any reason to go for elite caps? People play PL for different reasons. Some might just like casual playing but I do enjoy taking a bit more "hardcore" route by going for Elite Caps. Even if I get to the lvl 71 cap, it won't affect my future playing. I am darn sure that I'll go for Elite Cap for every single time I am able to.

It's just about preferences - how we want to play the game. CoP will always stay as the most Elite elite vanity, but certain progress is necessary for every single game.

It's useless to argue about preferences since we think what we do think. We can't change them and this senseless argument is not going anywhere.

Swimmingstar
06-04-2012, 02:31 PM

Would you have an incentive if the bonus stats were improved? If there were cooler looks?

Zeus
06-04-2012, 02:32 PM
So after u have already a full elite vanity set u don't have any reason to go for elite caps? People play PL for different reasons. Some might just like casual playing but I do enjoy taking a bit more "hardcore" route by going for Elite Caps. Even if I get to the lvl 71 cap, it won't affect my future playing. I am darn sure that I'll go for Elite Cap for every single time I am able to.

It's just about preferences - how we want to play the game. CoP will always stay as the most Elite elite vanity, but certain progress is necessary for every single game.

It's useless to argue about preferences since we think what we do think. We can't change them and this senseless argument is not going anywhere.

I'm saying the way this is slated, it would be detrimental to STS's sales. I did mention platinum, yes?

Nevertheless, I'm grinding, as I grinded for CoP when it offered no bonus when many others decided it wasn't worth the effort. I don't like how the old players are seeming to get the short end of the stick now.

Zeus
06-04-2012, 02:34 PM
Would you have an incentive if the bonus stats were improved? If there were cooler looks?

Yes, but if they were improved soley, then there still remains the issue of the CoP that many of us grinded forever for loses "value".

dudetus
06-04-2012, 02:37 PM
I'm saying the way this is slated, it would be detrimental to STS's sales. I did mention platinum, yes?

But on the other hand, it would encourage new people to grind to elite cap if the elite vanity sets were the same, yes? We do not know the actual player rates but I assume that there are more freshies going for elite caps while it seems that majority of Oldies have been quitting. Not trying to promote the elite vanity sets to be all the same but just in theory.

Nevertheless, I'm grinding, as I grinded for CoP when it offered no bonus when many others decided it wasn't worth the effort. I don't like how the old players are seeming to get the short end of the stick now.

Glad to hear that I might see u grinding to the top alongside with me :p

Swimmingstar
06-04-2012, 02:46 PM
Yes, but if they were improved soley, then there still remains the issue of the CoP that many of us grinded forever for loses "value".

Then I guess the COP could be made stash-able and could be changed by the Fallen Prince to give separate stats and be not part of the vanity set.

Windwaiker
06-04-2012, 02:59 PM
I thought these helmes were supposed to be vanity? To show off someone's hard work? The set bonus just a nice bonus for collecting the vanities. The new helm isn't even going to be the same one anyway, so COP is still unique. I get the feeling that some people feel like their entitled to an elite set just because they joined earlier, while new members who put in the same amount of work shouldn't get it.

StompArtist
06-04-2012, 03:03 PM
I thought these helmes were supposed to be vanity? To show off someone's hard work? The set bonus just a nice bonus for collecting the vanities. The new helm isn't even going to be the same one anyway, so COP is still unique. I get the feeling that some people feel like their entitled to an elite set just because they joined earlier, while new members who put in the same amount of work shouldn't get it.

That pretty much sums up the debate.

wvhills
06-04-2012, 03:08 PM
Oh no! I'm not special anymore because someone can get the same stats that I have now! How will I have an advantage over people who started this game later than me now?! Now in pvp I may have to rely on my skills instead of just having better stats then people! How will people know how important I am and how long I've been playing now! Khhaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!

StompArtist
06-04-2012, 03:09 PM
Oh no! I'm not special anymore because someone can get the same stats that I have now! How will I have an advantage over people who started this game later than me now?! Now in pvp I may have to rely on my skills instead of just having better stats then people! How will people know how important I am and how long I've been playing now! Khhaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!

And that sums up one side of the debate quite well. LOL

Zeus
06-04-2012, 03:19 PM
But on the other hand, it would encourage new people to grind to elite cap if the elite vanity sets were the same, yes? We do not know the actual player rates but I assume that there are more freshies going for elite caps while it seems that majority of Oldies have been quitting. Not trying to promote the elite vanity sets to be all the same but just in theory.

Glad to hear that I might see u grinding to the top alongside with me :p

My point also is, I'm not denying people to have the new sets or elite sets, but why should others have to lose out? The elite set owners? It's like you saying, "Oh wait a cap so I can catch up! :)". Doesn't make sense or seem fair to me. People were given the chance to get it, why is it our problem if they didn't take that chance?

wvhills
06-04-2012, 03:22 PM
My point also is, I'm not denying people to have the new sets or elite sets, but why should others have to lose out? The elite set owners? It's like you saying, "Oh wait a cap so I can catch up! :)". Doesn't make sense or seem fair to me. People were given the chance to get it, why is it our problem if they didn't take that chance?

maybe they didn't have a chance. What about new players? People who grinding to cap get CoP were rewarded with a nice set bonus for over a year. Now it's time to put moar work in to get the new bonus. Personally, I don't think because u did something more than a year ago you should continue to have an advantage over others who never got the chance. That's just my opinion though.

Zeus
06-04-2012, 03:24 PM

I'd like another chance please because I didn't want to put the effort in the first time. I didn't know CoP would offer stats! This isn't fair! *pouts*

Others should wait for me so I can catch up becaus I deserve it! :)

StompArtist
06-04-2012, 03:25 PM
And this Ladies and Gentlemen is a fine arguments against rewards for reaching level caps.

(Carapace: Please take note for DL, TY).

:D

Zeus
06-04-2012, 03:27 PM
maybe they didn't have a chance. What about new players? People who grinding to cap get CoP were rewarded with a nice set bonus for over a year. Now it's time to put moar work in to get the new bonus. Personally, I don't think because u did something more than a year ago you should continue to have an advantage over others who never got the chance. That's just my opinion though.

They did have the chance, Robert. It's equality of opportunity, not equality. They had the equal chance to download the application and get to the cap as did everybody else. The US Consitition does the same thing, equality of opportunity, not true equality, as that would be communism.

It's not about the extra stats. When players request, I take off my set and still manage to beat them. It's the fact that they didn't put in the effort first time.

Again, I repeat, I'm not denying them sets, as the main set is all that's important (5 dodge 10 armor), but why should us full vanity set owners not benefit at all? Isn't that a bit greedy? Asking yourself to benefit but we can't?

Compromise is essential...what I was proposing is a compromise.

StompArtist
06-04-2012, 03:31 PM
Apollo: It doesn't take the CoP away from you, just gives another different helm to newer players (and to you). I fail to see your point. Sorry.

Zeus
06-04-2012, 03:34 PM
Apollo: It doesn't take the CoP away from you, just gives another different helm to newer players (and to you). I fail to see your point. Sorry.

And thus providing them with a CoP that has had some remodeling done. Honestly, I don't care if they combine them and give +1 health as the benefit, but I fail to see why, when other players are benefiting, why can't we elite vanity set folks? (Even if it's a mere +1 health)

Windwaiker
06-04-2012, 03:34 PM
I thought the set stat bonus was the benefit...

Appleisaac
06-04-2012, 03:46 PM
:-/ I'm sure it looks different, and my guess is that it will not be compatible with the other "veteran" persistence vanities. I think STS is going to start a new Persistance set; this one will be incompatible with the last.

Luvaria
06-04-2012, 03:48 PM
Ugh, I thought it should have been a pet, as there's no elite vanity for that. But noo, STS wants us to pay real money for dragons and minotaurs .-.

Rare
06-04-2012, 03:48 PM
I dont see it that way. The Elite Vanities are given as rewards to those players who have grinded to the end of Elite caps. If they could be transferred between characters, players, then the character has not earned the reward.

They don't have to be transfered between players. But if I earn it on one toon, I should be able to use it on another toon. I earned it not my toon... for without me my toon does not exist. My toon also did not pay money from his pocket to STS for platinum.

At least not that I know of.

Rare
06-04-2012, 03:49 PM
:-/ I'm sure it looks different, and my guess is that it will not be compatible with the other "veteran" persistence vanities. I think STS is going to start a new Persistance set; this one will be incompatible with the last.

Now THAT would be a good idea.

I whole new set that is not compatible with the last... but with the same bonuses.

Cahaun
06-04-2012, 04:14 PM
What's so wrong with STS starting a new vanity set? It's not going to be the same CoP so people can just still collect, and the people that missed out on the first set pieces can start on this one. I see no problem with this.

Zeus
06-04-2012, 04:21 PM
Now THAT would be a good idea.

I whole new set that is not compatible with the last... but with the same bonuses.

THIS! I'm totally fine with this. It just doesn't feel right to me that a "replacement" can cover the elite set.

Id totally grind for a new version of the set.

Apple, you are a genius. I'll thank you when I get thanks back :)

CodyBearr
06-04-2012, 04:21 PM
So will a vanity pet as a elite lv ever come out or will it just be 1. Helm 2. shield 3. Armor... I did miss out on the shield in nuri's because I thought the cap would of lasted longer, so it would be cool to get a shield vanity cap some day... But i would rather have the pet then start over again at helm just yet...

Whirlzap
06-04-2012, 04:48 PM

I do feel entitled to this extra boost.
You know what? Go ask every twink with Founder's Helm. Do they feel entitled to those extra few stats? Yep.\
This is the exact same idea.

Whirlzap
06-04-2012, 04:49 PM
Pfft, chances are chances.

Fine if there's a new vanity set, but the final set bonus should be lessened.

Why not give is a recolored Founder's Helm, devs?
Why not just do that?
Then we can see how some Founders might react.

Swimmingstar
06-04-2012, 04:51 PM

Why not just do that?

I wouldn't complain unless I want the advantage which is kind of selfish.

Cahaun
06-04-2012, 04:58 PM

Why not just do that?
You are sounding really selfish here. Lessen the bonus for the new vanities? Do you just want to stay superior to the other people who now have a chance to get a set?

Whirlzap
06-04-2012, 05:00 PM
Yep, I do.
And I deserve it as well.
How do you think all of the founders feel right now?
You get it or you lose out. It's a one-time chance
If you feel the SATs, can you say it's unfair that someone who gets a perfect score gets accepted into a college and you don't? Nope.
TOO BAD.
I'm not trying to rub this into anyone's face, simply stating the truth.
I'm serious.
You know, you AND I, we all think the world is perfect and gives second chances like that.
WELL, IT'S NOT PERFECT.
The world is cruel, and unforgiving.
You should know that.
You can't re-do a final. You can't take back a fatal mistake with a kitchen knife.
You can't take back a bad dive that results in an injury.
You cannot take back not starting PL several months.
All you can do is suffer, not for your mistakes, but simply because you NEVER thought about WHAT COULD HAPPEN, or in this case, what you would have been missing out.
It's not my fault you did not play PL sooner. I don't care if you did not know PL existed.
We all did not know PL existed when we got our first PC, Android, iPod, iPhone, or iPad.
We all had to find out. But then, when you did find out about it, everyone had the equal chance to download it and everyone had that equal chance to get to level 56, and EVERY SINGLE PERSON WHO PLAYED, HAD the EQUAL chance to get a COP.

Cahaun
06-04-2012, 05:01 PM
Yep, I do.
And I deserve it as well.
How do you think all of the founders feel right now?
You get it, you lose out.
TOO BAD.
I'm serious.
The founders? How are those people even affected by the lvl cap vanities?

Samhayne
06-04-2012, 05:02 PM

Apollo, I'm sorry, but I'm with StompArtist on this one. 100% agree.

To turn the discussion in a positive direction: What are your suggestions for Elite Vanity Caps? I think I can safely say that we realize that everything about them isn't ideal. What are your ideas to change them?

1) a way to allow others to "do the work" and get the gear to be on an even playing field?
2) make it fun
3) make it cool, something unique

I'm sure you all would have other criteria as well. So, grab your armchair and let's play designer!

Appleisaac
06-04-2012, 05:06 PM

To turn the discussion in a positive direction: What are your suggestions for Elite Vanity Caps? I think I can safely say that we realize that everything about them isn't ideal. What are your ideas to change them?

1) a way to allow others to "do the work" and get the gear to be on an even playing field?
2) make it fun

I'm sure you all would have other criteria as well. So, grab your armchair and let's play designer!
This should really be a contest for a PL shield as the reward ;D

Whirlzap
06-04-2012, 05:08 PM

Are you serious?
You just said in your post that I should not feel superior to others in PvP.
Getting a boost in dodge, health, armor, critical, and MORE is a superior in final stats.
A single point of any of those could decide a match.

As of what Sam said, I'm not saying I'm all happy with it.
This is their game.
Not really much I can do to prevent it.
I'll just go along with it, and see if there is anything I can do to lessen this new vanity helm's impact.
Though, 85% of the active PL players right now don't have the COP.

Whirlzap
06-04-2012, 05:12 PM

2) make it fun

Sam, I love this.
Do work?
Make them.
Here's what I think.

ANY type of Platinum Elixir to 71 VOIDS the elite vanity.
Just completely voids it.
Or rather, any type of 4x voids it.
You and I BOTH know, that when we had to grind to the COP, there WERE no 4x elixirs, only 3x.
Although I like the no platinum elixir part a lot.
You should have to REALLY work if you want to get something, not just spam Platinum and slack off.

Make an elite vanity fun?
Give them a set bonus, I guess, but NO sparkles.
Sparkles are only for the first vanity set.

3. Make them cool and unique?
I think the original vanity set should be able to replace as only one piece in the next set.
Example:

New Elite Vanity Shield+Armor+Helm
The COP can replace the New Helm

But
New Elite Vanity+SoH+Mount Fang Armor
SHOULD NOT WORK.

See what I suggest?

Physiologic
06-04-2012, 05:20 PM
Denying the 71 vanity because a player uses Platinum elixirs is extremely detrimental to their business. I'm fairly certain a huge chunk of profit comes straight from Platinum elixirs consumption.

Since the 71 vanity is already coming out there's real no use in trying to persuade the devs from not releasing it. I'd imagine the only way to maintain the "uniqueness" of the Crown of Persistence while giving everyone a more equal (but not COMPLETELY equal) opportunity is by adjusting the set bonus itself, favoring a slightly better bonus with a CoP than the 71 vanity. And by slightly, I mean something by the margins of +1/2 stat points. Just a suggestion, don't kill me on this, as I really don't feel too strongly about either end of the argument =p

Cahaun
06-04-2012, 05:23 PM

Are you serious?
You just said in your post that I should not feel superior to others in PvP.
Getting a boost in dodge, health, armor, critical, and MORE is a superior in final stats.
A single point of any of those could decide a match.

As of what Sam said, I'm not saying I'm all happy with it.
This is their game.
Not really much I can do to prevent it.
I'll just go along with it, and see if there is anything I can do to lessen this new vanity helm's impact.
Though, 85% of the active PL players right now don't have the COP.
I never at all mentioned PvP -_-'
It's when you try and make the one you have better than the new ones coming out that makes you sound selfish.
I'd like the sets to be different. Different looks, different bonuses, but to just put the entire set under the old one is wrong IMO

WoundedEagle
06-04-2012, 05:23 PM
Sam, I love this.
Do work?
Make them.
Here's what I think.

You and I BOTH know, that when we had to grind to the COP, there WERE no 4x elixirs, only 3x.
You should have to REALLY work if you want to get something, not just spam Platinum and slack off.
Would never happen.
Give them flames or frost.
I think the original vanity set should be able to replace as only one piece in the next set.
Example:

But
SHOULD WORK.

See what I suggest?

And no. None of this would ever make even the slightest bit of sense haha.

2) make it fun

I have to ask. Why aren't you guys making Vanity Pets an elite cap reward?

JaytB
06-04-2012, 05:25 PM
Personally, I would be fine if the new future vanity set gave the same stats as the current one. If they would give greater stats increase, the original vanity set should be adopted too, making all vanity sets the same, stats-wise.

This would allow original vanity set owners two sets they could wear. Maybe even allow a mix of current and new vanity set pieces, and still get the same set bonus. That' would give us 'old' vanity set owners a possibility to customize our looks more.

That would be the only award we would have over newer players. Stats wise, everybody should be able to be equal IMO, but that doesn't mean that original set owners shouldn't have some perk too. In the end it was much harder to grind to 56, back when elix wasn't so commonly used, and without the existence of even a 4x elix.

I don't think it would be fair to give 'old' players advantage in stats, but I do think we should at least be able to still have use for our old set, or even have some more customizability as mentioned before.

At least, these are my thoughts about it. I'm curious to hear what others think :)

Edit: I just read wound's idea. Why not vanity pets indeed?

Physiologic
06-04-2012, 05:27 PM
Vanity pets as a reward will probably hinder vanity pet platinum purchases, since it is a lot of Platinum to purchase a pet anyway.

WoundedEagle
06-04-2012, 05:29 PM
Vanity pets as a reward will probably hinder vanity pet platinum purchases, since it is a lot of Platinum to purchase a pet anyway.

But we have the Omnipotent Crown of Dreams. A 500 platinum vanity helm.

Zeus
06-04-2012, 05:31 PM

2) make it fun

Nothing to be sorry about, Sam. :)

I think I detracted from my original point a lot. My original point is this: I do not mind AT ALL for the item being an elite helm, but just make it differ slightly, and not in a positive way as that would render the CoP useless, from the CoP? One or two stat points, as I suggested earlier.

I'm sure many of the elite vanity cap players would like some initiative to grind, not just those who need the helm. We don't want to feel left out, ya know? :)

Appleisaac
06-04-2012, 05:33 PM
Sam, I love this.
Do work?
Make them.
Here's what I think.

:-/

You received your fancy CoP helmet for all of that hard "work" you did. CONGRATZZZ. Now, three lvl caps later, STS is making a FANTASTICLY NEW CAP OF STUFF! Players will still have to "work" to receive it, and some people will use elixers. STS needs money to run their company and support their four games (counting AL) so why would they discourage the use of elixers? Whirl, its time to give up. New chalenges are being added for newer players; Old players can still enjoy their old bonuses. Nothing is keeping you from using your old vanities.

Physiologic
06-04-2012, 05:37 PM
But we have the Omnipotent Crown of Dreams. A 500 platinum vanity helm.

There are a lot more Vanity hats for Platinum that are cheaper too! I would imagine the Vanity pets would be kept Platinum-only to conserve their overall "pricing" and ability to consistently generate revenue.

WoundedEagle
06-04-2012, 05:42 PM
Nothing to be sorry about, Sam. :)

I think I detracted from my original point a lot. My original point is this: I do not mind AT ALL for the item being an elite helm, but just make it differ slightly, and not in a positive way as that would render the CoP useless, from the CoP? One or two stat points, as I suggested earlier.

I'm sure many of the elite vanity cap players would like some initiative to grind, not just those who need the helm. We don't want to feel left out, ya know? :)

I think that the new Elite Cap Items should contrast the old Elite Cap Items. Much so like the Dragon Vanity Sets. The Blue Set gets +1 Mana regen, +10 Damage, and +5 Armor. In contrast, the Red Set gets +1 Crit, +10 Damage, and +5 Armor. It's a slight change in a certain area. But it still keeps the same basic idea of the set it self.

The current Elite Vanity Set gives +1 Crit, +15 Armor, +5 Dodge, +55 Health Pool. So what if the new Vanity Set, in contrast, gave +1 Dodge, +15 Damage, +5 Crit, and +55 Mana Pool? And instead of giving sparkles, give that flamey wisp from Demonic ;)

Just food for thought.

EDIT: Much more so like the dragon set, one item from Each Elite cap (One Shield, One Helm, and One Armor) would combine for a most ultimate set similar to the Gold Dragon set?

JaytB
06-04-2012, 05:43 PM
:-/

You received your fancy CoP helmet for all of that hard "work" you did. CONGRATZZZ. Now, three lvl caps later, STS is making a FANTASTICLY NEW CAP OF STUFF! Players will still have to "work" to receive it, and some people will use elixers. STS needs money to run their company and support their four games (counting AL) so why would they discourage the use of elixers? Whirl, its time to give up. New chalenges are being added for newer players; Old players can still enjoy their old bonuses. Nothing is keeping you from using your old vanities.

No offense meant, but why not just stop the argument and come up with suggestions or idea's? It's clear STS is open for discussion about this (see Sam's post below in case you missed it), so why not try and come up with a sensible discussion about all this? Together we might find something most of us can accept, let's at least give that a shot by providing out input :)

Sam's post...

2) make it fun

imaddictedtoPL
06-04-2012, 05:52 PM
You should at least make the crown of persistence,nuris shield, mount fang armor useable to lvl 70s and up

WoundedEagle
06-04-2012, 06:00 PM
You should at least make the crown of persistence,nuris shield, mount fang armor useable to lvl 70s and up

They'll be useful. Why wouldn't they be?

Phoenixking
06-04-2012, 06:01 PM
Why not do this?

Make sense?

I think that the new Elite Cap Items should contrast the old Elite Cap Items. Much so like the Dragon Vanity Sets. The Blue Set gets +1 Mana regen, +10 Damage, and +5 Armor. In contrast, the Red Set gets +1 Crit, +10 Damage, and +5 Armor. It's a slight change in a certain area. But it still keeps the same basic idea of the set it self.

The current Elite Vanity Set gives +1 Crit, +15 Armor, +5 Dodge, +55 Health Pool. So what if the new Vanity Set, in contrast, gave +1 Dodge, +15 Damage, +5 Crit, and +55 Mana Pool? And instead of giving sparkles, give that flamey wisp from Demonic ;)

Just food for thought.

EDIT: Much more so like the dragon set, one item from Each Elite cap (One Shield, One Helm, and One Armor) would combine for a most ultimate set similar to the Gold Dragon set?
I wish I could thanks you

@imaddictedtopl they will

Appleisaac
06-04-2012, 06:04 PM
It will most certainly be useable :-/ my lv 65 can equip a lv 7 bow; so why wouldnt a lv 70 be able to use a lv 56 helmet?

Whirlzap
06-04-2012, 06:04 PM

Sam said this.
To even it out, my only thought is to restrict 4x Combo for them.
That's what "doing the work" means to me.
Heck, even 3x Combo is good.
You don't know how much time I spend with these caps, people.

Whirlzap
06-04-2012, 06:06 PM

Just food for thought.

Um, the newer one is more OP than the old one, for some classes, like mages.
I'd much prefer a larger mana pool than health, higher crit than dodge, higher damage than armor.

Fncrazy
06-04-2012, 06:10 PM
Here is a idea, make the old vanities stashable with lvl requirements. Its a simple fix, and those of us that earned them will have some bada.. 66 twinks.

Whirlzap
06-04-2012, 06:10 PM
Fn proposes something great.

JaytB
06-04-2012, 06:12 PM
Here is a idea, make the old vanities stashable with lvl requirements. Its a simple fix, and those of us that earned them will have some bada.. 66 twinks.

+1

That's also a great idea!

Whirlzap
06-04-2012, 06:13 PM
But the new set cannot be stashable.

dudetus
06-04-2012, 07:11 PM

2) make it fun

Appleisaac
06-04-2012, 07:48 PM
Um, the newer one is more OP than the old one, for some classes, like mages.
I'd much prefer a larger mana pool than health, higher crit than dodge, higher damage than armor.
Then you, whirl, would have both sets and both advantages.

Phoenixking
06-04-2012, 08:26 PM
No offense... But this would make me regret getting to 66 to get a bonus....

Patricks
06-04-2012, 08:26 PM
The fact that the 71 reward is another helm is sad because I won't be able to wear all four cap rewards at once. I was really looking forward to that. SAD FACE!

Should have done L71 pet then L76 ring. :(

Its not even about state bonuses, who cares? Its about being able to display achievements. Making another helm reward means you can't display the huge commitment and loyalty to the game to achieve FOUR level caps!

XghostzX
06-04-2012, 08:55 PM
Oh boy.

Alright, I'll probably make this one comment and just leave, as I do not have a lot less to say due to the fact that I believe in all this is a game.

Here's my view: let's have fun, enjoy the new content, have a new goal to go for.

I don't come on PL to argue over a vanity helmet. I come on to go and get it as everyone can now, just to have the satisfactory of having it.

Let's be honest. Any true PvPers and PvE players should know that the set bonuses really don't mean anything compared to the regular sets themselves. Don't agree with this statement? Go practice a little more in the dungeons with players that don't go for vanity caps. Vanity sets to me: It's a goal; something to obtain and work for --> to have the satisfaction of retrieving.

Don't throw the argument out on me that, "Hey, we spend hundreds of dollars on this game, we diserve every bonus!" False, you should be well aware of what you're going for and everyone has the same chance of getting anything. It's a game, as Parth said before, Equal of opportunity, not pure equality. Ok, so it was unfair that players weren't aware of knowing a new vanity helm was on its way. STS makes mistakes too! Give them a break; it takes so much work and effort to make things just right... not everyone will be happy. And honestly guys, the majority of players aren't all end gamers; thus STS is giving newcomers a chance for new vanities. The only people you see on forums are the end gamers (or at least the players that are dedicated and have experience) which is making all of us end gamers look like it only matters to us. What if you were new and wanted to be just as good as any old player? That's coming from a kid who started playing PL from the first week it came out. Let's enjoy the new gear that's on its way.

WarTornBird
06-04-2012, 09:29 PM
I am one of those "new" people so to speak. I joined in PL about 1 1/2 months from the Nuri realease. Now, right at the realease I had just reached 50. One of my first friends Hankomachos had this cool CoP that I REALLY wanted. He told me what it was and how he got it. I was pretty sad I had missed it but I moved on. I had been fighting to get the SoH but I just wasn't fast enough for it. I was never one to put money into a game (went out the window not long after.) I remember reaching 60 looking at the exp and I wanted to cry. So, as Whirlz has mentioned about people, I neglected and missed my chance at 2 vanities. I made it to level 66 not to long ago on the first double xp weekend I finished my last 15k or so. Now I've done my fair share of PvPing and its just not fair to fight a crafted lilith all vanity mage, but I say go anyway have to learn some how. I've been waiting and waiting for Humania to get my second vanity. Hoping and praying that its something cool. I must say I had seen another crown coming, but who didn't?
How is any of that relevant, no clue.
Point being I believe that CoP should have better bonuses but by a small margain making people who reached 56 feel superior to anyone who didn't before hand. Thus making the players with 2 vanities happy giving them an "elite" vanity set so to speak. And making guys like me an "almost elite" vanity set. I fail to see why we as a community freak out and why none can compromise and try to get us all happy. I believe people who grind 100k 1, 2, and 3 times DESERVE the sparkles but to those who are doing it for the 4th time deserve to be THAT much more elite.
I'm pretty sure that all makes sense :)

Rare
06-04-2012, 09:40 PM
What's so wrong with STS starting a new vanity set? It's not going to be the same CoP so people can just still collect, and the people that missed out on the first set pieces can start on this one. I see no problem with this.

You make it sound as if they've already said it will be this way. Did they?

Lowlyspy
06-04-2012, 09:40 PM
This thread needs something....hmm what could that be....oh, more cowbell.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjsUf_oIgp0&feature=youtube_gdata_player

The only thing I will say on the subject, we have known for a LONG time that there was going to be a new "CoP" coming, if you want I will gladly fish up the quote from Samhayne for you. So what if there isn't a pet? The devs never promised there was going to be an elite pet, they did however promise a new helm.

You know what your bonus was with the CoP? Having the helmet damn near a year before all the people who will get their first elite helmet. I'm terribly sorry if you guys feel as though you are being cheated (i have no idea how you guys could think this) but the world doesn't revolve around you.

*note: I don't have the old CoP, nor do I plan on getting the new one*

Rare
06-04-2012, 09:41 PM

Been saying this since Nuri. I totally agree

Rare
06-04-2012, 09:50 PM
if you want I will gladly fish up the quote from Samhayne for you.

Please do

Jugernugetx
06-04-2012, 10:09 PM
please drop the cop. im fed the thread. goodbye goodnight.
yea im done now. and you can be too lol. good night everyone you guys will be saying cop is worthless in a few days anyways lol and leveling like no tomorrow. :)

Lowlyspy
06-04-2012, 10:15 PM
Hehe open mouth, insert foot. I can't find it right now :p I'm certain there are a few oldies who remember the post I am referring to.

Regardless, my point is made, ya'll enjoy the argument.

octavos
06-04-2012, 10:42 PM
Hehe open mouth, insert foot. I can't find it right now :p I'm certain there are a few oldies who remember the post I am referring to.

Regardless, my point is made, ya'll enjoy the argument.

almost got it but this is close

We are currently targeting to have the Mount Fang expansion to Pocket Legends available in time for the US Thanksgiving Holiday (Nov. 24th). As we have previously announced, Mount Fang will increase the level cap to 66. When that happens, the Shield of Hallows vanity reward for reaching the elite level cap of 61 that is available in Nuri's Hallows will no longer be available, just like Balefort Sewer's Crown of Persistence before it. A new vanity reward will be introduced for those who make it to level 66 that will have a set bonus with the previous elite level cap vanity rewards.

from here http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?37793
The Crown of Persistence was the reward for getting to 56 at the time it was the level cap, just as the Shield of Hallows is the current reward for getting to the level cap of 61 just as there will be a reward for getting to the level cap when it is 66, etc.

Get the shield now while you can, because when the level cap goes up, that will be gone too.

this all i could find at the moment but the idea is there sorta lol.

imaddictedtoPL
06-04-2012, 11:10 PM
I meant make it stashable but only useable to lvl 70s or somthin

Suntv
06-05-2012, 01:30 AM
All I can do is laugh at the idea of an elite pet or ring :) Those who had forgotten that STS communicated about a new vanity helmet had a great time wishful thinking, but now we move on. I thought this was widely known, I even made a design for it weeks ago.

zeusabe
06-05-2012, 02:11 AM
I'm usually critical of just about anything...but I don't get why people are reacting negatively on this particular item. This item is "DIFFERENT", D-I-F-F-E-R-E-N-T...from CoP. Both are level cap vanities, both are helms, but they represent different achievements. It's actually that simple, you guys are making it more complicated than what it really is. This is probably one of the best things that STS will do as of late because they will encourage newer players to stick around and complete the new elite set. This is what I think, I think you haters need to understand that you're not the only players in this game, you will all disappear from this game, and the game has to evolve and try to talk to everyone not just focus on "you"...this new item is a different item that will appeal to everyone currently playing the game both old and new, so there shouldn't be any issues with the prestige of the CoP (Both trophies do not replace each other because they represent different things, different era of players). The bonus stat, what's the problem with that? afraid that these newcomers will beat you up if they get the same bonus? It was never about the bonus stat when it comes to these elite vanities, it was about the prestige and the looks so let's not even argue about the bonus stats, it's not even that huge to cause imbalance in the game to begin with. and What's this all about? insecurity?...I'm not sure where you guys are coming from, I think it's mostly because you just want to deny others of the same prestige. Finally, people complain how easy it is to acquire this elite item, well...the question is, will they stick around 'til level 100? It may be easy to get now, but sticking around to complete it is another thing. Totally vague arguments, based on what? based on your theories?...what about the rest? besides, like I said, it's not going to stomp on the previous elite cap vanities, it's not the same, if you feel that way, go have a self-check, you might be running low on esteem. Sometimes it's better to step back and look at the bigger picture and stop thinking micro, like everything revolves around you, this is where this heat is coming from.

PS: STS already said they will relaunch a new set of elite cap vanities early this year, so aside from a new elite helm, there's going to be an elite armor, and elite shield. Are we going to have these hate threads for the new elite armor and elite shield? Because if yes, I'll keep everyone's post in this thread for reference.

Lowlyspy
06-05-2012, 02:31 AM
I'm usually critical of just about anything...but I don't get why people are reacting negatively on this particular item. This item is "DIFFERENT", D-I-F-F-E-R-E-N-T...from CoP. Both are level cap vanities, both are helms, but they represent different achievements. It's actually that simple, you guys are making it more complicated than what it really is. This is what I think, I think you haters need to understand that you're not the only players in this game, and you will all soon disappear from this game, so the game has to evolve and try to talk to everyone not just "you"...this new item is a different item that will appeal to everyone currently playing the game, so there shouldn't be any issues with the prestige of the CoP (it's different, get it?)...the bonus stat, what's the problem with that? afraid that these newcomers will beat you up if they get the same bonus? It was never about the bonus stat when it comes to these elite vanities, it was always about the prestige and the looks so let's not even argue about the bonus stats, it's not even that huge to cause imbalance in the game to begin with. What's this all about? insecurity?...this is probably one of the best things that STS will do as of late, and I'm not sure where you guys are coming from, I think it's mostly because you just want to deny others of the same prestige. Totally vague arguments, based on what? based on your theories?...what about the rest? besides, like I said, it's not going to stomp on the previous elite cap vanities, it's not the same, if you feel that way, go have a self-check, you might be running low on esteem. Sometimes it's better to step back and look at the bigger picture and stop thinking micro, like everything revolves around you, this is where this heat is coming from.

Sorry to go a bit off topic,

This is probably the first thing we agree on lol, kinda wierd to see us on the same side of a debate xD

Ok ya'll can go back on topic now :p

kiitz
06-05-2012, 05:35 AM

Just food for thought.

Alright, I was trying to make it through the entire thread before commenting, but I think that wounded is spot on with this one. If we all want people to "work for it" make the grind for elite a "quest" type thing. We can grind for a "green" COP and if we get there, let us also request the quest again (maybe for plat? STS $$$) and do it again for the "red" version. Heck, I wouldn't really care if they opened up all the vanity slots for "over grinding" this way. It would give us all something to do when STS doesn't come out with another update for months on end and it would also help STS make more money because if you are going to try to grind the elite cap multiple times, you are probably going to use some elixirs.

Also, just to throw in there, I fully support allowing new players to get an elite cap. It would be very interesting to see the people arguing for and against it. We would find most if not all players arguing against it have it. While, the otherside, many don't have it, but I think there are more people that have the COP but still think its okay for the newer players to get one (I have one.)

I honestly feel the people arguing against allowing another COP like vanity are most likely relatively young in age and look toward their "achievements" in PL as something that partially defines them. This is why they will fight so vehemently against anything that takes away "them" as being unique. This also applies to other completely inconsequential vanities such as pumpkin helm, snowman head or some random color antenna. As you get older, you will find you've gone through so many games that you find its all ephemeral anyway.

P.S. For the kids out there:

Vehemently - strongly emotional, characterized by anger
Ephemeral - Short lived, quickly fading

ZHEOTARE
06-05-2012, 07:12 AM
I really don't get some people outlooks on this. I know people that joined after the 56 cap. They didn't a chance to grind for the CoP. So why shouldn't they be given the opportunity to get a CAP set bonus?? If STS came out with an elite pet vanity at 71, then a elite ring vanity at 76, what comes after that?? No more elite vanities because all the slots are filled?? It makes sense to have a elite cap, shield, and armor, then rotate them at each cap. I do like the idea of making the replaced vanity (i.e. - CoP) be stashable with a 56 level requirement. Personally I hope the new helm has better stats than the CoP. After all, I would think that a 71 item would be stronger than a 56 item. At minimum, leave the stats the same. In the end, IMO, people that are saying it's unfair to be given the chance for an elite helm are being selfish... at best.

Also, why would we detract from the plat grinders?? If we did that, then lets detract from the gold elixer buyers. Especially those who organize a thrasher group, then leech off them with those gold elixers.

Lastly, there is a difference between a cap award, and a milestone award. There will never be a another chance to be one of the first players of PL. Thus, there should never be another chance to get the founders helm. Caps repeat, holiday events repeat. I'm ok with items from these repeating events being recycled (with some new ones being sprinkled in).

It seems a lot if the people that argue against a new elite cap, armour, or shield are for pvp reasons. This just proves my point that any bonus stats from vanities should be automatically turned off when entering a pvp map. I only pve, so whether you have a certain piece of stat boosting equips, or not, doesn't affect me at all.

Rare
06-05-2012, 09:30 AM
I really don't get some people outlooks on this.

I have no problem with a new vanity helm. My only "problem" is that I don't want my unstashable CoP to become useless. I have no problem if the new vanity provides the same bonuses as the old. (otherwise CoP will become obsolete).

A nice bonus would be if the elite vanities were stashable.

ZHEOTARE
06-05-2012, 09:35 AM
I really don't get some people outlooks on this.

I have no problem with a new vanity helm. My only "problem" is that I don't want my unstashable CoP to become useless. I have no problem if the new vanity provides the same bonuses as the old. (otherwise CoP will become obsolete).

A nice bonus would be if the elite vanities were stashable.

I 100% agree. If they at minimum give the new crown the same, or maybe slightly better stats than the old, I'm happy. And IMO, the old one should become stashable, and the now 4 end game pieces should be able to work together to make a set bonus. Then people that joined after sewers can now have a full set bonus just like the older players.

Petrichor
06-05-2012, 10:55 AM
Why not do this?

Make sense?

oh i like this!
It doesn't seem like much of a motivation for people who already have an elite vanity helm. Spend x amount of time and money to replace something you already basically have? It feels like i already have one so unless i like the look better, frankly i won't care.

Back
06-05-2012, 12:40 PM
Sam, I love this.
Do work?
Make them.
Here's what I think.

Example:

But
SHOULD NOT WORK.

See what I suggest?

You Sir, is a genius. Most of the revenue comes through exliers. You want them to disable it. Lmao.. Whose gonna pay for server bills? I don't think you will.

Zeus
06-05-2012, 01:06 PM
You Sir, is a genius. Most of the revenue comes through exliers. You want them to disable it. Lmao.. Whose gonna pay for server bills? I don't think you will.

He's not saying disable elixirs. He's saying disable 4x, as they were not present at the time.

Petrichor
06-05-2012, 01:16 PM
He's not saying disable elixirs. He's saying disable 4x, as they were not present at the time.

They were close to the end!

New PREMIUM Elixirs have been added! 4X Experience for 30 minutes and 3X and 4X Experience for 60 minutes. Get 'em in the store!
Happy Birthday, SWG!

Zeus
06-05-2012, 01:17 PM
They were close to the end!

Ik, but not the thrasher, the normal 4x pot.

Petrichor
06-05-2012, 01:24 PM
Ik, but not the thrasher, the normal 4x pot.

Added Thrasher Pwnage Punch, a 60 minute 4x combo elixir to help decimate everything in your path. Also reduced price of the 3x 30 minute elixir to 12 platinum.
The 4th of July Emote Pack sale has ended

:( sowwy parthypoo

Zeus
06-05-2012, 01:26 PM
:( sowwy parthypoo

Ik that too, because crimson leveled his twink with it. But, my point was... It was only there for a month or less. So why should that one elixir represent the majority of the campaign when most got the helm before then. ._.

Petrichor
06-05-2012, 01:29 PM
Ik that too, because crimson leveled his twink with it. But, my point was... It was only there for a month or less. So why should that one elixir represent the majority of the campaign when most got the helm before then. ._.

I leveled mine to 56 back when elixirs were gold....goodbye 1mil+ :/ i already told you i agree with your first ideaaa. i go away in a little less than 3 weeks and won't be able to play until september. so if i want to spend my days before leveling i want it to be actually worth it ._. better come out before the 22-24 or i'm screwed.

Zeus
06-05-2012, 01:58 PM
I leveled mine to 56 back when elixirs were gold....goodbye 1mil+ :/ i already told you i agree with your first ideaaa. i go away in a little less than 3 weeks and won't be able to play until september. so if i want to spend my days before leveling i want it to be actually worth it ._. better come out before the 22-24 or i'm screwed.

Hehe, either way, I'm fine as this change doesn't suggest me. I was just trying to get people off of Whirlz's back. :)

I hope things work out for you, Chloe!

brodiniozo
06-05-2012, 03:15 PM
Ive read maybe 7-9 pages, didnt read em all.
Anyways.
If theres going to be a new "cop" will the xp to get from 70-71 be the same as 55-56? If not, i guess people wit the "new full vanity set" would have to work much harder for a vanity set since the xp seems to increase with each new cap. And if it gives the same bonus as the last set, thats not fair imo..but idk.

And yea, I got the complete vanity set.

Zeus
06-05-2012, 03:18 PM
Ive read maybe 7-9 pages, didnt read them all.

Hax.

Maydied
06-05-2012, 03:35 PM
I am a new player of PL, I hit level 65 today after one month of playing. In this short period of time I couldn't learn all mechanics and stuff, so I asked guildie why is everyone so upset about these vanities. Honestly I understand now, I have been playing for 3 years in one of the most successful guilds of different mmo, so I know how you feel when you reach the top and level cap is gonna be raised - level up asap, get best gear asap, etc. But this is the cost of being the best. And I have to say I see no reason why should people playing longer than others have any advantages here. You had much more time to earn money, gear, everything. You might got vanities from earlies lvl caps, what more you need? Now you are jealous people get one part with hitting 71 too? I find it just stupid. After reading all this thread, some people should definetely go out and breath some fresh air.

Zeus
06-05-2012, 03:37 PM
I am a new player of PL, I hit level 65 today after one month of playing. In this short period of time I couldn't learn all mechanics and stuff, so I asked guildie why is everyone so upset about these vanities. Honestly I understand now, I have been playing for 3 years in one of the most successful guilds of different mmo, so I know how you feel when you reach the top and level cap is gonna be raised - level up asap, get best gear asap, etc. But this is the cost of being the best. And I have to say I see no reason why should people playing longer than others have any advantages here. You had much more time to earn money, gear, everything. You might got vanities from earlies lvl caps, what more you need? Now you are jealous people get one part with hitting 71 too? I find it just stupid. After reading all this thread, some people should definetely go out and breath some fresh air.

I think you misinterpreted the thread. We aren't asking devs to deny them vanities at all. At least, I'm not.

brodiniozo
06-05-2012, 03:41 PM
Edit: apollo

Offtopic:
Lol i use tapatalk to read from my phone, got the settings to 10post per page lol.

Zeus
06-05-2012, 03:42 PM
Edit: apollo

Offtopic:
Lol i use tapatalk to read from my phone, got the settings to 10post per page lol.

Like I said, hax! :)

I was just kidding anyways. :)

brodiniozo
06-05-2012, 03:46 PM
Like I said, hax! :)

Hax fo sho! ;-)

JaytB
06-05-2012, 03:52 PM
Ive read maybe 7-9 pages, didnt read em all.
Anyways.
If theres going to be a new "cop" will the xp to get from 70-71 be the same as 55-56? If not, i guess people wit the "new full vanity set" would have to work much harder for a vanity set since the xp seems to increase with each new cap. And if it gives the same bonus as the last set, thats not fair imo..but idk.

And yea, I got the complete vanity set.

Xp didn't increase last cap. It was 100590xp for 61, as it is for 66. Xp for 56 was 83840xp, but there were no 4x xp elix at that time, and 1 hour elix didn't exist.

So yeah, personally, I'd say 100590xp on 4x would be fairly similar as 83840xp on 3x, give or take a few xp, wouldn't you agree? :)

Shellkaz
06-06-2012, 06:53 AM
In all honesty this is something that should have been expected. When they released a vanity for nuris and then again for fang, the next logical item to replace was the helm. Nothing is forever. And quite frankly I think that STS is going to have a hard time coming up with something as awesome looking as the COP. I don't have one and it's my own fault. I took a break from the game and missed my chance. I envy every one of you that have it. I always will. But I have my shield and armor, and when the next map after humania comes out I'm not going to begrudge those that get a shield for their achievement. They earned it.

I'm actually dreading the next armor vanity for one reason, STS seems to be focused on mini skirts for mages. YUCK!!!

DerSchuetze
06-06-2012, 07:00 AM
This argument is horrible.

I know a way to make EvERYONE HAPPY and EXCiTED for lvl 71..

Wanna know my secret formular?

Add a vanity pet..
Add vanity Ring...
New feature : Add vanity boots..
New feature: Add vanity face

Why do we need another hat already? There are so many things that could be added.

I have the founders alrdy and im gonna keep wearing it So with another Elite hat its just rly pointless.. Next cap we have another shield. Then another armor. So why even bother getting all the elite stuff now if it gets replaced so soon. The main reason why OLD players STAY is cause they got exklusive items. Make their exklusive itrms worthless, many leave or get
This is exaclty what is happening here..

Windwaiker
06-06-2012, 02:43 PM
A big wardrobe means more customization. Visuals are very important in games.

Jsaieagle
06-07-2012, 10:43 AM

Add a vanity pet..
Add vanity Ring...

Why do we need another hat already? There are so many things that could be added.

I have the founders alrdy and im gonna keep wearing it So with another Elite hat its just rly pointless.. Next cap we have another shield. Then another armor. So why even bother getting all the elite stuff now if it gets replaced so soon. The main reason why OLD players STAY is cause they got exklusive items. Make their exklusive itrms worthless, many leave or get

Very good point, this would easily drive old players away! D3!!! lol

Back
06-07-2012, 12:58 PM
Very good point, this would easily drive old players away! D3!!! lol

They might leave but new players will take over. Everyone was new at one point.

I see "equality" is brought up many times.. Some users are saying "one had equal chance to get CoP during 56 cap". Then why in the world are they arguing over 4x exilers? You'll be given the equal opportunity to buy it and use it. Stop complaining.

Elyseon
06-07-2012, 01:46 PM
They might leave but new players will take over. Everyone was new at one point.

Yeh an MMO chasing away the older loyal players is obviously a good strategy

Back
06-07-2012, 02:45 PM
Yeh an MMO chasing away the older loyal players is obviously a good strategy

An mmo without giving opportunity to new players is obviously a way better strategy.

Elyseon
06-07-2012, 02:55 PM
An mmo without giving opportunity to new players is obviously a way better strategy.

Yeh since STS is definitely doing that,
Since new players now have to pay for all the campaigns just like I did
They started with zero plat like I did and no way to earn free plat
They have to suffer through game play with no elixirs

Yeh this games just pitted against noobs, I means it's not like they made a program to target helping them or anything

dudetus
06-07-2012, 04:03 PM

Oh cool, I would SO love to be a penguin on my bird or a hawk or a duck or a parakeet :)!!!

This argument is horrible

Elyseon
06-07-2012, 04:37 PM

Oh cool, I would SO love to be a penguin on my bird or a hawk or a duck or a parakeet :)!!!

This argument is horrible

Lol

But actually if they made an exclusive face for reaching an elite cap, that wouldn't a terrible idea

Back
06-08-2012, 12:20 AM

Yeh this games just pitted against noobs, I means it's not like they made a program to target helping them or anything

That was not what I was getting at. Exlilers? Somewhat, but maps and all.. Nah.

Olders guys have the vanity set, don't u think it's even if new guys can catch up? It's not like new guys don't have to grind xp to elite caps, is it?

Also there is an option to equip and unquip items, so oldies can switch sets whereas new peeps can have one set only. Aah and you purchased the main spine of content before they were free? Good for you. You have the Shield of Gratitude, something not everyone can have.

Subscriber
06-08-2012, 01:29 AM
Xwhirlz has my side on this one, I thought it was going to be a pet myself. :P
I would say more but its self-explanatory.

IshoootU
06-08-2012, 02:03 AM

2) make it fun

Sam, i have a suggestion. Since some oldies are crying over their CoP, why not make it somewhat a part of the new cap vanities. e.g. putting the MFA with the new helm gives a specific visual effect, while MFA with CoP also gives another unique effect. then so on with the next items. CoP with new armor gives a unique effect, etc,etc. keep the stats level. I think this way they feel unique with their CoP. just sayin...

Elyseon
06-08-2012, 07:59 AM
That was not what I was getting at. Exlilers? Somewhat, but maps and all.. Nah.

Olders guys have the vanity set, don't u think it's even if new guys can catch up? It's not like new guys don't have to grind xp to elite caps, is it?

Also there is an option to equip and unquip items, so oldies can switch sets whereas new peeps can have one set only. Aah and you purchased the main spine of content before they were free? Good for you. You have the Shield of Gratitude, something not everyone can have.

Ok yeh so just disregard all the new starting advantages only elite vanities matter in this game

And yeh pretty solid compensation-pay for 9 campaign then get a little vanity shield that's not even that attractive on my bear

Oh and why not make that available for all the new players! Can't let them have any disadvantage

Appleisaac
06-08-2012, 10:43 AM

This game is pretty biased against noobs... :-/
Our tutorial sucks.
OP int gear in first 15 levels which confuses noobs.
No help on learning what different skills do.
No help on learning what different stats do.
No help on equipping different weapons.
No help on PvP.
No help on adding friends.
No help on using the map.
No help on knowing your class's role.
No help on knowing the roles of others.

:P
AoA doesn't reach most newbies... It isn't a good solution. Sure, the program helps lots of em, but in general most newbies are on their own.

Also, did you ever think that newbies have a VERY hard time reaching a lv cap? Its MUCH harder for them then it ever was for you. Once a newer player reaches the sewers, lvling becomes very hard. They are never in dungeons with higher lv players because all of the higher lv players advanced to the next campaign.

EXAMPLE: P1 (player one) reaches lv 47 (or whatever lv sewers is), and he is ready for BS campaign. P1 enters a dungeon, but none of the players in that dungeon are over lv 52... The reason for this is simple, all of the lv 53+ moved to Nuri's. Now P1 has to lvl through sewers with only low lv partners... You on the other hand, lvled with 55s and 54s all the way thru Sewers.

Don't you think newer players who joined later then you deserve a set bonus too? They worked hard to get to the cap, and I think they deserve a bonus just as much as you do!...

Appleisaac
06-08-2012, 10:44 AM
Ok yeh so just disregard all the new starting advantages only elite vanities matter in this game

And yeh pretty solid compensation-pay for 9 campaign then get a little vanity shield that's not even that attractive on my bear

Oh and why not make that available for all the new players! Can't let them have any disadvantage
They worked hard to get to the cap... They deserve an advantage.

Phoenixking
06-08-2012, 11:09 AM
Our tutorial sucks.
No help on PvP.

:P
AoA doesn't reach most newbies... It isn't a good solution. Sure, the program helps lots of em, but in general most newbies are on their own.

Also, did you ever think that newbies have a VERY hard time reaching a lv cap? Its MUCH harder for them then it ever was for you. Once a newer player reaches the sewers, lvling becomes very hard. They are never in dungeons with higher lv players because all of the higher lv players advanced to the next campaign.

EXAMPLE: P1 (player one) reaches lv 47 (or whatever lv sewers is), and he is ready for BS campaign. P1 enters a dungeon, but none of the players in that dungeon are over lv 52... The reason for this is simple, all of the lv 53+ moved to Nuri's. Now P1 has to lvl through sewers with only low lv partners... You on the other hand, lvled with 55s and 54s all the way thru Sewers.

Don't you think newer players who joined later then you deserve a set bonus too? They worked hard to get to the cap, and I think they deserve a bonus just as much as you do!...
Usually, players go to fang at Lv. 57.... So the Lv. 47 is leveling up with the others...around 47-57
And ignore nuris

Elyseon
06-08-2012, 11:14 AM
The game has a video guide like when you open the app, and on chrome, it automatically opens it I think, I agree the tutorial isn't perfect
But like any anything the longer it's been out, the more starting improvements there will be

Appleisaac
06-08-2012, 11:18 AM
Usually, players go to fang at Lv. 57.... So the Lv. 47 is leveling up with the others...around 47-57
And ignore nuris

most players dont ignore nuris...

Cytokinesis
06-08-2012, 11:31 AM
Our tutorial sucks.
No help on PvP.

Solution: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/forum.php

Appleisaac
06-08-2012, 12:23 PM
Solution: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/forum.php

The forums and the actual game are two very different things. Most newbies never come to the forums.

Back
06-08-2012, 01:06 PM

Some things are precious despite the looks and stats. Infact even I paid for all the side story maps before they went free a month ago. That cute little frosty helm (a gift) is something I always wear and I'm thankful for it even if I got other vanity helm that adds certain stats or boosts luck.

You grinded for CoP? Good, now it's our turn.

Elyseon
06-08-2012, 01:24 PM
You grinded for CoP? Good, now it's our turn.

Sounds like flawless logic

You started the game the first month, not expecting a special bonus item with special stats, then got one that now I want? Ok, then now it's my turn!

Appleisaac
06-08-2012, 03:03 PM

Add a vanity pet..
Add vanity Ring...

Vetrans quit all the time, and all the time new vetrans are created :). STS is allowing more people to be given a special set for their hard "work". No one is making your "exklusive itrms" worthless... No one is taking anything away from you people. More people are being given special items. Its funny how people sometimes confuse giving with stealing.

Zeus
06-08-2012, 05:14 PM
Vetrans quit all the time, and all the time new vetrans are created :). STS is allowing more people to be given a special set for their hard "work". No one is making your "exklusive itrms" worthless... No one is taking anything away from you people. More people are being given special items. Its funny how people sometimes confuse giving with stealing.

The thing with more people being given special items that are equivalent with their former items is that they take away the former item's specialness and exclusivity, thus that's why people feel like their hard work was "stolen". Make sense, Apple? :)

Appleisaac
06-08-2012, 08:53 PM
The thing with more people being given special items that are equivalent with their former items is that they take away the former item's specialness and exclusivity, thus that's why people feel like their hard work was "stolen". Make sense, Apple? :)

I suppose, but honestly, what did people expect to happen when the vanity armor set was complete? :P
Did you honestly think STS would give out a face or ring?

EDIT: Okay, you can argue the vanity pet, but the inevitable would happen eventually anyhow.

Zeus
06-08-2012, 11:40 PM
I suppose, but honestly, what did people expect to happen when the vanity armor set was complete? :P
Did you honestly think STS would give out a face or ring?

EDIT: Okay, you can argue the vanity pet, but the inevitable would happen eventually anyhow.

Or they can make a new set, with better stats, for us to achieve all over again and the precious elite set becomes an old, respected, but still semi useful set on twinks.

Blind
06-09-2012, 12:00 AM
Erm. I don't like this thread.

Back
06-09-2012, 12:05 AM
Sounds like flawless logic

You started the game the first month, not expecting a special bonus item with special stats, then got one that now I want? Ok, then now it's my turn!

It's STS' game, they can do whatever they want without prior notice, like it or not. Leave if u don't like it. No one is stopping you.

By the way did anyone ever mention "elite vanity helm" was exclusive to 56 cap and there won't be another vanity? If not, then there's no point in arguing.

Lowlyspy
06-09-2012, 12:16 AM
By the way did anyone ever mention "elite vanity helm" was exclusive to 56 cap and there won't be another vanity? If not, then there's no point in arguing.
Nope, the devs stated a WHILE back that the elite vanities would come in cycles. People can't seem to get it through their heads that the game doesn't revolve around them.

Yea directed at apple but i want to address it. How would getting new items that provide the same bonus take away the old items specialness and/or exclusivity? Yea sure people would now be able to have the same bonus as you so i guess that takes a little of the specialness away, BUT you have an item that NO ONE can EVER get again, that seems pretty dang exclusive to me. It's not like they're bringing the exact same helm back, it's a new design so the only thing you have to worry about is not having as much of an advantage in PvP.

Back
06-09-2012, 12:21 AM
Nope, the devs stated a WHILE back that the elite vanities would come in cycles. People can't seem to get it through their heads that the game doesn't revolve around them.

Yea directed at apple but i want to address it. How would getting new items that provide the same bonus take away the old items specialness and/or exclusivity? Yea sure people would now be able to have the same bonus as you so i guess that takes a little of the specialness away, BUT you have an item that NO ONE can EVER get again, that seems pretty dang exclusive to me. It's not like they're bringing the exact same helm back, it's a new design so the only thing you have to worry about is not having as much of an advantage in PvP.

Oldies will have the option of equiping two vanity sets while newbies will have only 1 vanity set.

Elyseon
06-09-2012, 07:54 AM

Oldies will have the option of equiping two vanity sets while newbies will have only 1 vanity set.

You should beg for a pumpkin helm and Droid costume too

Phoenixking
06-09-2012, 08:02 AM
I see nuris usually dead, I'm pretty sure they do not all but most ignore

Appleisaac
06-09-2012, 08:02 AM

Thats completely different bud...

This new vanity set will really motivate a lot of people to get to the cap. Also, people deserve a bonus for making it to the lvl cap... :/ I honestly don't understand how people are so upset about new elite vanities. You have a full elite set that no other player will ever be able to obtain ever again. Now, newer players will be given an opportunity for a new set that will never be obtainable again.

No one is giving away droid costumes either :P...

CrimsonTider
06-09-2012, 08:22 AM
What a lot of people fail to see or remember (especially "newbies"), is the newness of the additional vanity slots. Up until a few months ago, the helm was the only vanity. Then the others were added with the introduction of SL. The question manyvhave had since this introduction is why did SL (then DL) get addtional vanity slots and not PL? We are all ignorant if we think they can't add new slots for boots, rings, weapons, etc. So the frustration from us "veterans" comes from this very understanding and we continue to wonder "why?" SL and DL (and probably AL) still seem to be evolving better than PL.

As for the continuous use of he Founder's Helm in arguments and threads, I, like many other veterans, missed outbon the Founder's Helm amd could care less. I missed the helm by arpund four months but I don't whine about it nor do I bring it up in arguments. Part of this reason is because I am an adult and come from a generation who were taught to be grateful for what we have and not covet what we don't. Am I thrilled about a new crown? No. But it is because I also believe there are other options before exploring this one, not because "newbies are closing the gap."

As a community, we do have a voice. However, that voice is not always heard because of the noise it produces.

RedRyder
06-09-2012, 10:08 AM
Or they can make a new set, with better stats, for us to achieve all over again and the precious elite set becomes an old, respected, but still semi useful set on twinks.

I made it to 66 twice thinking the next item would give me a bonus so I could do away with my founders helm. I spent loads of money for it, twice, and STS is making the elixirs half off to get us to buy even more. They know we're assuming the armor and next item will make a bonus, but aren't dispelling it either.*

If it doesn't make a bonus, I'll be asking for full refunds in plat. It's easy for you to say that there should be a new set since you already have a full set. Excuse me for not having enough spare money or time to spend slaving away at this game during the helmet and shield.*

You said it yourself actually

This isn't a desktop game, but one that is based on a phone. I'm sorry if the majority of the PL population can't spend 10 hours a day on their phone.

During sewers, I was playing on a 3rd gen iPod touch screen which wasn't easy on the eyes. I'd get headaches during the day and didn't have the spare time as I just started a new job.*

Nuri's, I was in school and focusing on my studies. Commuting to school didn't go without a cost, so I didn't have loads of money for plat.

Fang, I took a semester off from school, in turn received a lot of work hours which meant more spare cash, which I'm still reluctant to spend on a game since I enjoy my social life. But I still managed to spend money to get to 66 twice. If STS didn't plan on making a bonus with MFA and CoP2, then they would've specified this. They learned in the pass that going through change without implicating has always turned ugly really fast. They knew we were all assuming it, so it'd be wrong to create a new set.

To everyone else:

The original set would've become obsolete eventually. Don't act so shocked

Livemau
06-09-2012, 10:19 AM
i totally think its fair to allow newer players to catch up
and really if ur an oldie u shouldnt need a 4x set bonus to beat someone with a 0x set bonus
why overpower the overpowered
what would a founder want when they are level 3000 and they have 800x vanity set bonus and this new guy just capped out for the first time and he goes to pvp and cant touch your armor or withstannd one hit from you or even get past your dodge
is that really fair or are some people just being moody because they cant get much better stats this time around
i will have 2x vanity set bonus and probably the best str sword and shield set as usual the crafted altered improved shinier glowier more mystical forged bigger sharper whatever its gonna be called
i dont mean to be rude to you guys but u are all acting like children and you know its true unless you are a child
thanks sts for evening the playing field in terms of set bonus

Livemau
06-09-2012, 10:24 AM

I did and I recommend everyone does as it is a hard campain
As soon as mt fang becomes available the crypt runs are the best because it has easy enemies like those little skull guys and you get 65 and 66s running with you and the enemies are tightly packed giving more xp in less time
in nuris the enemies are diespersed hard to kill drops are rare bosses are hard if you arent 65 yet and the final level is very hard but makes for a good endgame level
it troubles me at 66 and i often need help to complete it

Zeus
06-09-2012, 11:18 AM
I made it to 66 twice thinking the next item would give me a bonus so I could do away with my founders helm. I spent loads of money for it, twice, and STS is making the elixirs half off to get us to buy even more. They know we're assuming the armor and next item will make a bonus, but aren't dispelling it either.*

If it doesn't make a bonus, I'll be asking for full refunds in plat. It's easy for you to say that there should be a new set since you already have a full set. Excuse me for not having enough spare money or time to spend slaving away at this game during the helmet and shield.*

You said it yourself actually

During sewers, I was playing on a 3rd gen iPod touch screen which wasn't easy on the eyes. I'd get headaches during the day and didn't have the spare time as I just started a new job.*

Nuri's, I was in school and focusing on my studies. Commuting to school didn't go without a cost, so I didn't have loads of money for plat.

Fang, I took a semester off from school, in turn received a lot of work hours which meant more spare cash, which I'm still reluctant to spend on a game since I enjoy my social life. But I still managed to spend money to get to 66 twice. If STS didn't plan on making a bonus with MFA and CoP2, then they would've specified this. They learned in the pass that going through change without implicating has always turned ugly really fast. They knew we were all assuming it, so it'd be wrong to create a new set.

To everyone else:

The original set would've become obsolete eventually. Don't act so shocked

Max,

You said it yourself as well.

There were many others who were working just as hard as you, but still managed to cap. Also, I believe the factor at that time was you were too bored to play the game.

Remember the whole argument about you and the founders helm? Same concept here, unless you're up for releasing founders helm to 6 months.

You're not seeing my point, I'm saying that to create an entire new set bonus instead of mooching off the old one that we spent long hours slaving for. This would give us set bonus players an incentive to cap as well.

As for your wasted platinum. When CoP was released, people still grinded for it, even when platinum elixirs came out. Nobody knew it would provide a bonus, did they? I don't think for one bit that those players thought they wasted platinum grinding, just saying.

Wasting platinum would be blowing platinum on something and not receiving anything. Your platinum spent got you what was promised, a L66 Mt. Fang Vanity armor, nothing more. Also, remember, many grinded without elixirs, so you had the option to spend or save, especially considering how long Mt. Fang has been here.

I commend you for your dedication towards further education, but life doesn't stop because an individual decided to pursue something else.

To everybody else: The set would have to be replaced eventually with a newer, separate set, so don't act so shocked. :)

Also, just saying, I have a L66 elf with a two piece vanity set. I don't expect to be given a replacement elite item, I make do without it and respect those who had the dedication to cap at the time.

Zeus
06-09-2012, 11:24 AM
I did and I recommend everyone does as it is a hard campain
As soon as mt fang becomes available the crypt runs are the best because it has easy enemies like those little skull guys and you get 65 and 66s running with you and the enemies are tightly packed giving more xp in less time
in nuris the enemies are diespersed hard to kill drops are rare bosses are hard if you arent 65 yet and the final level is very hard but makes for a good endgame level
it troubles me at 66 and i often need help to complete it

Nuri's isn't that hard with a little strategy, especially at level 66. :)

After all, shouldn't be hard for the best Warbird. :)

Cahaun
06-09-2012, 11:45 AM

So what? The "oldies" worked for those pieces as I could've and they can wear them whenever they want. Now it's time for a new set. A new chance for me and a lot of other people to grind for a good looking vanity. What's wrong with them wearing their vanity sets? They can't wear both sets at the same time :p

Back
06-09-2012, 11:52 PM

Droid costume was exclusive item to that contest, so no arguing over it. Don't change topic. Thank you.

Elyseon
06-10-2012, 06:56 AM
Droid costume was exclusive item to that contest, so no arguing over it. Don't change topic. Thank you.
CoP was exclusive item to that achievement, so no arguing over, yet there's this whole thread o_O

Appleisaac
06-10-2012, 08:19 AM
CoP was exclusive item to that achievement, so no arguing over, yet there's this whole thread o_O

They are keeping the CoP exclusive... :-/

Also, I heard something about a new droid contest a while back.

Yyujj
06-10-2012, 08:36 AM
I agree with chances for new players to get full vanity, Else, pvp and ctf become empty.
On The other Side, it would be fair if me and other cop owners get something back for their effort and plat.

My suggestion: make it à stashable "biggest luck" helm. New players happy, old players happy and motivated to reach 71 cap. (so pl happy cause of plat spending :-))

What u guys think?

Regards,

Dd

JaytB
06-10-2012, 08:43 AM
They are keeping the CoP exclusive... :-/

Also, I heard something about a new droid contest a while back.

They should make an Apple costume too, to keep things fair :p

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j344/JaytB1/8596ff10.jpg

Back
06-10-2012, 08:48 AM

Do you even know the looks and name of Lv. 71 Vanity? If it's called CoP and with the exact same looks then I'm against it. However, it'll definately look different and called with some other name so how is it "CoP", which was "exclusive" to 56 cap? Something to think about? Another perfect example is SoH which got a circus logo. If the 76 cap is a shield they won't call it SoH and it won't have same looks.

Your "exclusive" items won't lose their value in terms of "ecxclusivity" as they were "exclusive" to L. 56, L. 61 and L. 66

I got a better solution to stop this argument. Why not remove set bonus from this vanities and keep them for their looks and one's acomplishments in PL.

Ladyviviane
06-10-2012, 08:55 AM
I wish to have a bunny 🐰 as vanity pet ( I'll call him Bug ) n really wana keep my cop as elite helm so the 4 pieces of elite set will b completed ( if Sts can rmk on old helm then why not create something new ? )

Physiologic
06-10-2012, 09:11 AM
With Oyeonac on this one. With this much controversy it may be better to just keep the Vanities without a set bonus. They are called "vanity items" for a good reason - for appearance and aesthetic purposes only. Items that offer anything that boosts your stats should NOT be considered vanity.

Vanity items should really distinguish one player from another, that was the intent of them in the first place. Player customization not just for stats but for looks was pretty popular for this MMO. Now everyone has a cookie-cutter build AND appearance.

Remove the set bonuses for Vanity items and keep them truly "vanity" - and help salvage whatever little customization we have left in PL.

Whirlzap
06-10-2012, 09:17 AM
Do you even know the looks and name of Lv. 71 Vanity? If it's called CoP and with the exact same looks then I'm against it. However, it'll definately look different and called with some other name so how is it "CoP", which was "exclusive" to 56 cap? Something to think about? Another perfect example is SoH which got a circus logo. If the 76 cap is a shield they won't call it SoH and it won't have same looks.

Your "exclusive" items won't lose their value in terms of "ecxclusivity" as they were "exclusive" to L. 56, L. 61 and L. 66

I got a better solution to stop this argument. Why not remove set bonus from this vanities and keep them for their looks and one's acomplishments in PL.

I concur.

Wait.
Why isn't this thread locked.
I PMed Sam a few days ago....

-.-

Thegreenduck
06-10-2012, 10:20 AM
I think the new helmet is great to be looking forward to as "new" player!
And it doesnt change a thing for "old-school" players, besides properly a new stat bonus...
Will it have a higher stat value then the old helmet? Perhaps, but it might also have a different stat bonus.
If so then its up to the player to rather use hit rating before crit, or hp regen before mps (mana per second).

And my opinion about the founders helm, its totally fair for old school players to have it rather then everyone.
There is a reason for them to have it, the started playing at that time.
Its just like the Dotd, aka deal of the day.
You miss out on (for example) polly the parrot, and some friend of yours got it, well then its to bad for you cause he got it while he could.
Maby the stats of the founders helm is what makes people jalous?
Roughly said, then I suggest you buy a timemachine and reschedule the important thing you had to do at that moment....
Every game has people who are jalous of others, thats what makes the game running, if you got everything and it isnt challenging enough, then whats the use of playing...

And yes, perhaps in the future they make L101 with 1k crit and such, but that means the mobs (ingame creatures) will have a major resistance and defense value.
The stats of the characters will be scaled with the stats of the mobs to keep it fun and challenging.

Duck...Out!

maneatingtree
06-10-2012, 10:39 AM
Back in ao2 days at ll 45 with good gear you could beat a whole level by yourself a year or more later.... At mount fang at lvl 65 you have to use alot of your skills to kill 1 enemy. What has PL come too?

Moogerfooger
06-10-2012, 11:45 AM
The melodrama and angst and complaining and debating in this thread are unbelievable over some pixels. This is why I don't come to the forums much anymore, although my better judgement took a vacation and I read a few pages of this thread.

Having the full set on oneof my chars and 2/3 on the other two, I am not going to be upset if StS creates some new vanity, keeps the look of the old CoP for the new one, makes a new bonus, doesn't make a new bonus, so on and so forth. Because at the end of the day, I know how I got them....if someone newer has a shiny vanity, more power to them for grinding for it. It doesn't change the experience I had getting mine.

People should quit complaining about what others have earned in the past and crying "not fair, I didn't getz them too", and those that do have should be more supportive of newer players getting some sort of new vanity with a possible bonus at the same time.

Play the damn game, have some fun with friends, kill some mobbies, and quit making a mountain out of a molehill. Sad.

RedRyder
06-10-2012, 12:32 PM
Thumbed and thanked. I was hoping you'd pop in lol

Maidforu
06-10-2012, 12:35 PM
Awww my other characters will just hv to do without :/

Back
06-10-2012, 12:39 PM
With Oyeonac on this one. With this much controversy it may be better to just keep the Vanities without a set bonus. They are called "vanity items" for a good reason - for appearance and aesthetic purposes only. Items that offer anything that boosts your stats should NOT be considered vanity.

Vanity items should really distinguish one player from another, that was the intent of them in the first place. Player customization not just for stats but for looks was pretty popular for this MMO. Now everyone has a cookie-cutter build AND appearance.

Remove the set bonuses for Vanity items and keep them truly "vanity" - and help salvage whatever little customization we have left in PL.

and if vanity sets is that important, then STS can make the Dragon vanity available to all levels

Whirlzap
06-10-2012, 01:05 PM
The melodrama and angst and complaining and debating in this thread are unbelievable over some pixels. This is why I don't come to the forums much anymore, although my better judgement took a vacation and I read a few pages of this thread.

Having the full set on oneof my chars and 2/3 on the other two, I am not going to be upset if StS creates some new vanity, keeps the look of the old CoP for the new one, makes a new bonus, doesn't make a new bonus, so on and so forth. Because at the end of the day, I know how I got them....if someone newer has a shiny vanity, more power to them for grinding for it. It doesn't change the experience I had getting mine.

People should quit complaining about what others have earned in the past and crying "not fair, I didn't getz them too", and those that do have should be more supportive of newer players getting some sort of new vanity with a possible bonus at the same time.

Play the damn game, have some fun with friends, kill some mobbies, and quit making a mountain out of a molehill. Sad.

I like making skyscrapers out of antholes.

It's called expanding your thinking.
Ha.

Anyways, I only got the vanity set because of the looks at first.
I didn't know about this "upcoming bonus" until after Nuri's came out and they decided to go and make a set out of it.
Make another set STS, but don't screw it up and kill the value of COP and the other two original elite vanities.

And add a pet/ring/weapon to this next one. I need a pet to be my minion.

Moogerfooger
06-10-2012, 01:56 PM
I like making skyscrapers out of antholes.

It's called expanding your thinking.
Ha.

Anyways, I only got the vanity set because of the looks at first.

I wasn't singling anyone out at all, I was talking about the thread in general.

If you want to talk about expanding your thinking, your initial post was heavy on sarcasm and light on ideas other than mentioning the pet, to be honest . You or me or any of us have zero idea what the bonus of the new vanity item will be, if it will be the same/better/worse than this new vanity, or whether it will be worth grinding to 71. I think your weapon/ring/pet idea is actually pretty good, and would have been better than a new CoP or vanity helm or whatever it will be called.

Moogerfooger
06-10-2012, 02:09 PM
Thumbed and thanked. I was hoping you'd pop in lol

I do drive-by forumings once in a while. Rarely but they happen despite my best efforts :rolleyes:

CrimsonTider
06-10-2012, 02:14 PM
I do drive-by forumings once in a while. Rarely but they happen despite my best efforts :rolleyes:

Admit it: You're a troll! :p

adis
06-10-2012, 06:58 PM
What I think they should do is have 3 possibilities.
1. People with COP can hand in their COP in exchange for a "Premium Humania helm"
2. People with COP can choose whether to hand in or get a "Regular Humania Helm"
3. People without COP can only get "Regular Humania Helm"
"What about the disadvantages?" you may ask. I have a solution for this. But its hard.
People who want to get previous lvl cap vanities can have a quest for it.
Get 200k XP. Then you can choose which pervious lvl cap vanity to get. Fang Armor, Hallow Shield, COP. If you wanna get 2 of them, get 400K XP, If you want all 3, Get 600K XP.
This way people without previous caps can get it if they really want it. But to be fair with people who get the previous caps, these new guys have to do twice the work to get it.

Windwaiker
06-10-2012, 09:22 PM
I don't think there should be any "turning in of vanities" because that's just too confusing. Also, no more opportunities to get the old elite vanities

Back
06-11-2012, 02:40 AM
I don't think there should be any "turning in of vanities" because that's just too confusing. Also, no more opportunities to get the old elite vanities

No one is ever getting CoP, SoH and MFA but that does not limit us from getting newer cool looking vanity of the same type (helm, shield and armor)

adis
06-11-2012, 06:07 AM

No one is ever getting CoP, SoH and MFA but that does not limit us from getting newer cool looking vanity of the same type (helm, shield and armor)

so what about the bonus stats obtained from the CoP, SoH, and MFA?

Deatharcherr
06-14-2012, 08:32 AM
will there be a bonus for MF armor and the new vanity helmet?

OvigorothO
06-14-2012, 08:53 AM

True that theres only 4 slots, but you must also remember when there was only one slot, not even a second page for vanity. Nothing, not even game mechanics are set in stone.

dtandel
06-29-2012, 02:03 PM
jezzz y this fuss about the new vanity helm i mean its just a GAME ur meant to enjoy it. i agree tht they should have made vanity pet instead of new helm but i think whatever sps is doing is correct coz if it wasnt it wouldnt have recived all the good rewards for this game.

tbh i dont really care about the xchange in the helm coz im really looking 4ward to AL and who knows PL might even go in the bin for some of us coz that game looks awsome and i think it'll be awsome

Whirlzap
06-29-2012, 03:59 PM
Jezzzz y u necro.

NECROREAPER
06-29-2012, 04:51 PM
Jezzzz y u necro.

Hi.