PDA

View Full Version : I hate your game now.

xBlacklightx
08-19-2010, 06:53 PM
You need to make it so that bosses can't run away and get full health. I was playing ao1 and oak fel ran away and refilled his healthe SEVEN different times. It's garbage and makes me want to break my iPod and stop playing altogether.

asommers
08-19-2010, 06:56 PM
1-star.

-ALS

KingFu
08-19-2010, 06:57 PM
Just don't let the boss leave his area, if you kite boss (AKA pull them) it is more likely for them to run back and respawn. If you keep then at or near their zone, the most likely won't respawn. That's why knock back skills like firestorm, and stomp, and repulse should be avoided unless the boss will be pinned up against something.

1-star.

-ALS

Asommers is weird today, he's usually an answer machine ;)

xBlacklightx
08-19-2010, 07:08 PM
What does 1 star mean?

FluffNStuff
08-19-2010, 07:11 PM
What does 1 star mean?

Your post title was excessive. Your complaint was banal. Over all he gave it 1.

vulgarstrike
08-19-2010, 07:12 PM
I think it's really aggravating when the green ao mages back up like wussies and then go back to get health because they backed up too far. you cant prevent that if you're an archer -.-

Royce
08-19-2010, 07:15 PM
you cant prevent that if you're an archer -.-

Ummm... root? Also just stand your ground. They won't keep running if you don't follow.

xBlacklightx
08-19-2010, 07:17 PM
Ah I see why I got 1 star. I should have cooled down before I posted this and expected it from all angles. You see I wrote this right after it happened to me. So to the dev I'm sorry, I do not hate your game I think it's fantastic.

Banned
08-19-2010, 07:18 PM
Your post title was excessive. Your complaint was banal. Over all he gave it 1.

Or, he could have meant, "Give the game a 1-star review if you hate it, you radioactive piece of possum feces."

Marshal
08-19-2010, 07:18 PM
Bosses *not* running away was one of the things I liked. Apparently, some people disagree and think bosses running away and recharging is the cat's cream.

Not being able to use spells on bosses really gets these guys excited. If you blast the boss at the last minute only to find out that it didn't kill him but is causing him to run back and get a full recharge.... These guys love it. They will laugh until the cows come home. Even when they play it they're like, "oh yes, another loss by unclear spatial constraints".

So... There's at least 2 people in the world who feel that way.

Royce
08-19-2010, 07:19 PM
Ah I see why I got 1 star. I should have cooled down before I posted this and expected it from all angles. You see I wrote this right after it happened to me. So to the dev I'm sorry, I do not hate your game I think it's fantastic.

5 star comeback ;)

Royce
08-19-2010, 07:22 PM
Bosses *not* running away was one of the things I liked. Apparently, some people disagree and think bosses running away and recharging is the cat's cream.

Not being able to use spells on bosses really gets these guys excited. If you blast the boss at the last minute only to find out that it didn't kill him but is causing him to run back and get a full recharge.... These guys love it. They will laugh until the cows come home. Even when they play it they're like, "oh yes, another full recharge".

So... There's at least 2 people in the world who feel that way, and I suppose *they* can play the game then.

I sense sarcasm. Anyway, yes I love this standard leashing behavior (which has always existed in this, and pretty much every similar game) that keeps the game from being a stupid exercise in mindless kiting. Seriously anything that causes you to actually have to have skill to play is a good thing in my book, and leashes are one of those things ;)

BTW people, just to reiterate, this is not something new for PL. Bosses have had leashes at least since the nerf of the Mardi Growl boss roundup back in the 35 cap days, and maybe longer. It's necessary, and a quick forum search would have answered all these questions for you.

Snakespeare
08-20-2010, 11:50 AM
Simple. Fight him on his home turf and he can't do it.

jonboy
08-20-2010, 04:44 PM
Or even better learn CC skills, like moving to the correct position before you set off that fireblast, I can bounce most bosses around the room to where I want them.