PDA

View Full Version : Supersonic: The Search for Skilled PvE Players- Precontest

Whirlzap
06-04-2012, 08:34 PM
Introduction

We have had so many tournaments and contests for PvP and I have seen many talented players.
But PvP, compared to some high level PvE dungeons, without elixirs, can be seen as very easy.
I, as a top-geared staff mage for PvE and an intense farmer and PvE player, have decided to host the first Supersonic PvE tournament.

What is Supersonic?

This is a contest for the general endgame level of Pocket Legends.
It's basically a contest that will feature multiple maps with bosses, requiring a team to clear the entire map in the shortest amount of time.
Supersonic is going to be a multiple-step endgame contest that will be hosted by me near endgame, having massive rewards, as much as a few million per winning team member as well as Platinum and/or rewards possibly sponsored by the developer team.

The Supersonic contest will feature a total of around 8-15 maps for your team to clear following the rules posted below.
The competition will be in wave formation. I may repeat the Low-High or the Hard-Easy a few times.
This meaning,
1 Low-Level Map
1 Medium-Level Map
1 High-Level Map
1 Hard Map
1 Medium Map
1 Easy Map
1 Brutal Map

What do the map terms mean?
1 Low-Level Map: Basically a low level map for the first 10-35 levels of PL.
1 Medium-Level Map: Basically a medium level map for the next 30-45 levels of PL.
1 High-Level Map: Basically a high level map for the following 40-65 levels of PL.
1 Hard Map: Could be a high or low level map, just has a huge area to clear and needs strategy to break down the map in the fastest possible time.
1 Medium Map: Could be a high or low level map, just has a medium-sized area with possible twists and turns and requires a focused and planned out party to clear in an efficient amount of time.
1 Easy Map: A small packed area map and requires a short amount of time to complete, most likely one of the Boss Brawls from a campaign.
1 Brutal Map: Either a map from the highest level campaign or an elite campaign.

The Pre-Contest

This is a pre-contest to see how everything goes.
Supersonic is a search for cooperation and PvE among the general PL community.
Gear does not mean everything in this contest. Synergy and cooperation is what is important.
The pre-contest will be a short demo of what the real contest will be like. It's a great way to get you all focused and see what some practice and competitive-ness can reveal in your PvE skills.

How it works:
You will need to fully understand Pocket Legend's combos, classes, and maps to be able to win this competition.
You will need to choose which builds your teammates will go as well as which classes to choose.

The Official Rules

The same rules will apply to Supersonic and this pre-contest.

The rules are as follows:

You must pick a team of four players.
You will join my password locked game when ready, and each member of the team must agree on GO before I start.
After the phrase "Team "______", go!" has come out of my mouth, you are allowed to start. I will start time RIGHT AFTER I say this phrase.
You need to clear mobs in the room until the "Mobs Remaining" at the bottom shows 0. This means killing the boss as well. In rooms where there are respawning mobs such as the Shadows in AO3, you do not need to kill these.
Your timer will stop the moment the Mob Count reaches zero.
You have two attempts at running the map.
Any disconnects from any of your team members will be permanent. If your team member disconnects or leaves the party, they CANNOT rejoin.
There will be NO arguing with your time. I will keep all times confidential until the contest is over, where I will post the whole team and the time they received for their two runs.

Dying is very important in PvE. If you die, you may only revive in the following two ways:
1. Via Respawn at Beginning of Map
2. Via Mage's Revive Option
You are not allowed to use the 1 Platinum Revive or the 5 Platinum Revenge.
I can tell the difference, because a Mage's Revive will result in you having partial HP and MP, while a Platinum Revive restores your full HP and MP.
A death of any of your party members results in a 5 second penalty being added to your final time.

Rules
1. Any type of elixir will not be allowed. Anyone in the team caught using an elixir will have their team automatically be revoked.
2. I must be the leader of the party and I will be hosting the game.
3. All games will be password locked.
4. Only I and your team members may join the password locked game. Anyone else who joins will disqualify your entire team from the competition.
5. If any of your team members have lag and cause troubles with clearing, the run will still count as one of your two runs. I will not give a redo.
6. You are NOT allowed to use any sort of platinum revives.
7. You MAY use any sort of orb or power-up found on the map.
8. A death of your party member results in a 5 second penalty.
9. You are allowed to use any class or build, and any vanities/gear.
10. Potions are allowed.
11. Any sort of hacking or cheating in any way will result in a report to developers as well as your whole team being reported guilty and a complete disqualification from the pre-contest and following Supersonic tournaments.
12. Your team must and can only have 4 players, at any level.
13. You must pick a team name, or a random letter will be assigned to your team.
14. You must have the SAME 4 members of your team for the ENTIRE Supersonic and pre-contest runs. You may include 1 team member as a replacement ONLY if your original member cannot attend the runs.
YOU MAY ONLY REPLACE/USE SUBSTITUTE BEFORE THE ENTIRE COMPETITION BEGINS.
You can register only ONE substitute, and he may ONLY be on your team.
15. A player/substitute CANNOT play on more than one team.

The pre-contest map will be Sandstorm Caves- Underground Desert.

You have until next Wednesday 13th, 2012 9PM EST (New Yorker Time) to either PM me your team or sign up on this thread.
You must choose a team captain to PM me the final team.
If you have entered a team, you may not revise it after Sunday 9PM EST.
The contest will be held right after Wednesday's deadline to the following Wednesday 20th, 2012 9PM EST.
If your team has not made your two runs by then, you will be disqualified.
While forming teams for the pre-contest and Supersonic, keep in mind to balance out or overload the amount of support, damage output, and tanking you will need!

The prize will be a few million gold, divided in equal amounts to each of your four team members, in order to gear you up for Humania!
You have to PM me on forums at Whirlzap or in game at Xwhirlz and have all your team members ready when you want to do your two actual competition runs.
You can always PM me when I am on to do a few practice runs and let me see your progress!

Thanks, and I hope you all find a challenge in speed-running!
-Whirlzap

Pre-Contest Confirmed Teams

Team Ona

Captain:
Xxfizzxx

Members:

Deathefan
Rynomagic
Bigbadevill

Team Bloods

Captain:
Tehchantress

Members:

Otahaibeb
Darkexile
Cheekyrose

The Death Train

Captain:
Apollo

Members:

Moogerfooger
Physiologic
Rose

The Eclipse

Captain:
Gaihawk

Members:

Ocadreaz
Fuzzyslips
Jcyee

XghostzX
06-04-2012, 08:36 PM
Introduction

We have had so many tournaments and contests for PvP and I have seen many talented players.
But PvP, compared to some high level PvE dungeons, without elixirs, can be seen as very easy.
I, as an intense farmer and PvE player, have decided to host the first Supersonic PvE tournament.

What is Supersonic?

This is a contest for the general endgame level of Pocket Legends.
It's basically a contest that will feature multiple maps with bosses, requiring a team to clear the entire map in the shortest amount of time.
Supersonic is going to be a multiple-step endgame contest that will be hosted by me near endgame, having massive rewards, as much as a few million per winning team member as well as Platinum and/or rewards possibly sponsored by the developer team.

The Pre-Contest

This is a pre-contest to see how everything goes.
Supersonic is a search for cooperation and PvE among the general PL community.
Gear does not mean everything in this contest. Synergy and cooperation is what is important.
The pre-contest will be a short demo of what the real contest will be like. It's a great way to get you all focused and see what some practice and competitive-ness can reveal in your PvE skills.

How it works:
You will need to fully understand Pocket Legend's combos, classes, and maps to be able to win this competition.
You will need to choose which builds your teammates will go as well as which classes to choose.

The Official Rules

The same rules will apply to Supersonic and this pre-contest.

The rules are as follows:

You must pick a team of four players.
You will join my password locked game when ready, and each member of the team must agree on GO before I start.
After the phrase "Team "______", go!" has come out of my mouth, you are allowed to start. I will start time RIGHT AFTER I say this phrase.
You need to clear mobs in the room until the "Mobs Remaining" at the bottom shows 0. This means killing the boss as well. In rooms where there are respawning mobs such as the Shadows in AO3, you do not need to kill these.
Your timer will stop the moment the Mob Count reaches zero.
You have two attempts at running the map.
Any disconnects from any of your team members will be permanent. If your team member disconnects or leaves the party, they CANNOT rejoin.
There will be NO arguing with your time. I will keep all times confidential until the contest is over, where I will post the whole team and the time they received for their two runs.

Dying is very important in PvE. If you die, you may only revive in the following two ways:
1. Via Respawn at Beginning of Map
2. Via Mage's Revive Option
You are not allowed to use the 1 Platinum Revive or the 5 Platinum Revenge.
I can tell the difference, because a Mage's Revive will result in you having partial HP and MP, while a Platinum Revive restores your full HP and MP.
A death of any of your party members results in a 5 second penalty being added to your final time.

Rules
1. Any type of elixir will not be allowed. Anyone in the team caught using an elixir will have their team automatically be revoked.
2. I must be the leader of the party and I will be hosting the game.
3. All games will be password locked.
4. Only I and your team members may join the password locked game. Anyone else who joins will disqualify your entire team from the competition.
5. If any of your team members have lag and cause troubles with clearing, the run will still count as one of your two runs. I will not give a redo.
6. You are allowed to use any sort of platinum revives.
7. You MAY use any sort of orb or power-up found on the map.
8. A death of your party member results in a 5 second penalty.
9. You are allowed to use any class or build, and any vanities/gear.
10. Potions are allowed.
11. Any sort of hacking or cheating in any way will result in a report to developers as well as your whole team being reported guilty and a complete disqualification from the pre-contest and following Supersonic tournaments.
12. Your team must and can only have 4 players, at any level.
13. You must pick a team name, or a random letter will be assigned to your name.

The pre-contest map will be Sandstorm Caves- Underground Desert.

You have until next Wednesday 13th, 2012 9PM EST (New Yorker Time) to either PM me your team or sign up on this thread.
You must choose a team captain to PM me the final team.
If you have entered a team, you may not revise it after Sunday 9PM EST.
The contest will be held right after Wednesday's deadline to the following Wednesday 20th, 2012 9PM EST.
If your team has not made your two runs by then, you will be disqualified.

The prize will be a few million gold, divided in equal amounts to each of your four team members, in order to gear you up for Humania!
You have to PM me on forums at Whirlzap or in game at Xwhirlz and have all your team members ready when you want to do your two actual competition runs.
You can always PM me when I am on to do a few practice runs and let me see your progress!

Thanks, and I hope you all find a challenge in speed-running!
-Whirlzap

Hey Whirl, this sounds interesting. I'll definitely consider making a team.

Reserved for when I enter my team!

Whirlzap
06-04-2012, 08:37 PM
I'd really love seeing how some top-tier PvP teams will do on a different playing field!

WoundedEagle
06-04-2012, 08:39 PM
Hey Whirl, this sounds interesting. I'll definitely consider making a team.

Reserved for when I enter my team!

Need a team member? I'm DTF (And by that I mean Down To Fight).

Windwaiker
06-04-2012, 08:42 PM
This looks like an exciting contest! Although, number 6 says we can use plat revives, but you said before we can't.

Whirlzap
06-04-2012, 08:50 PM
Wow, the pain of typing this at 1 AM.
Thanks for the catch.

Whirlzap
06-04-2012, 08:58 PM
Agh, people don't ask about the contest in game, just check this thread @.@

Paar
06-04-2012, 09:28 PM
Ill be in ^_^ I need some Team members!

XghostzX
06-04-2012, 09:44 PM
Need a team member? I'm DTF (And by that I mean Down To Fight).

Yeah bro! I haven't done any tourney with you, let's do it for swag!

Whirlzap
06-04-2012, 09:46 PM
Keep spreading the news for the pre-contest!
The Supersonic official tournament will be off of brackets, with successive times advancing until we get out top few winners.
Supersonic will be announced a month ahead of time ^^

YYZ????
06-04-2012, 10:19 PM
Rule question. Can an individual use different toons for different maps?

Example: I use YYZbird for some maps, YYZmage for others.

BoomBox
06-04-2012, 10:22 PM
Im totally down for this idea! Anyone down to start a team?

Reserved for when i get team

WoundedEagle
06-04-2012, 10:29 PM
yeah bro! I haven't done any tourney with you, let's do it for swag!

For Swag!!

Jcyee
06-04-2012, 11:37 PM
hmm. pretty cool contest. ill consider it

Mysticalnova
06-05-2012, 02:41 AM
hmm i guess im in ! but ill use my 66 so any map will do for me :D

AbsolutePally
06-05-2012, 03:32 AM
Rev is in. we got two teams, maybe 4. That ok?

Rev team #1 : Azi, Jjjlove, debowe/Awwmang, nobechassnes/tangowithme
Rev team #2: absoluteboss, drinkhaterade, bud, Amyxrose (sub gaunab)
Rev team #3: Chloe, cloakker, Apollo, birdycakes
Rev team #4: hotshotelf, blind, hybrid, king (sub aerobirdy)

Teams subject to change. This is a preliminary list for verification purposes

Whirlzap
06-05-2012, 04:50 AM
Rule question. Can an individual use different toons for different maps?

Example: I use YYZbird for some maps, YYZmage for others.

Yeah, I'm going to say only the same toon for an individual for the entire competition.
This is because not everyone has more than one endgame toon, plus sometimes a full party of mages or birds clears faster at lower levels.
For fairness and constant results, same team members throughout entire competition, and they have to use the same toons.
This is why deciding exactly which classes to run with is VITAL to being productive.

@Absoltute:

Revelation can enter as many teams as they wish to.
It's fine with me.

Ixillicus
06-05-2012, 07:53 AM
I really like this idea and I remember you had brought it up before. Some of the big PVE guilds need to get some teams in on this... and rep what they do!

I hope this takes off this time. I also like the idea of the death penalty of 5 seconds, someone wise must have suggested that before lol

Noodleleg
06-05-2012, 09:24 AM
>.> searching for team... Oh and Will, wanna join?

Xionskull
06-05-2012, 09:28 AM
Yea I'm in anyone who wants at join me pm me!

Rare
06-05-2012, 09:34 AM
I'm in for joining someone's team

Sryyoulose
06-05-2012, 09:45 AM
I'm in to I'll see if <Chicken Invasion> has any good tank bears :)

Zeus
06-05-2012, 10:55 AM

Didn't even know I had a team. o.O

AbsolutePally
06-05-2012, 11:00 AM
Didn't even know I had a team. o.O

That's where the "maybe" comes in :) 2 maybe 4 ha.

Zeus
06-05-2012, 11:02 AM
That's where the "maybe" comes in :) 2 maybe 4 ha.

Oooo, I see. :)

dudetus
06-05-2012, 02:10 PM
Glad to see some contest for us PvE experts as well :).

Eclipse is considering to apply so beware u PvP masters, u are not in ur own arena now ;)

Whirlzap
06-05-2012, 06:29 PM
Could be anyone's game, you know.
Just boils down to the team's speed and cooperation.

AbsolutePally
06-05-2012, 06:45 PM
Could be anyone's game, you know.
Just boils down to the team's speed and cooperation.

Precisely! Since most pvp ppl (including myself) hate pve/farming we tend to only play with eachother in partys. We might have a shot.

Whirlzap
06-05-2012, 06:59 PM
Yeah, the thing that sucks is most pro players just elixir/spam to the level cap, get their crafted set, then go back to PvP again without really fully enjoying the campaign and it's features.

But I'm the guy who spends a whole day running Sandstorm Caves.
Doesn't really help in my case either.

JaytB
06-05-2012, 07:11 PM
I remember you posting a similar contest waaaay back. If this one is going to go through this time, I'll probably enter with a team :)

McBain
06-05-2012, 07:33 PM
This sounds really cool. Just one thing I'm a little unclear on: is there a separate winner for each of the map levels, or do you add up the times for all the runs and declare one winner for the whole shebang?

Register
06-05-2012, 07:47 PM
I'll be participating, I'll be glad to join almost any good team as long as your not strangers O.o
Pm me if youd like, Shadowplat (a bird)

I remember, there was a contest like this for sl but it was a solo thing! I tried to do it...but I got lost in the level...that I had been soloing for weeks. -.-

Whirlzap
06-05-2012, 08:16 PM
To clarify, THIS IS NOT SUPERSONIC.
This is a pre-contest with ONLY ONE MAP, you may sign up for Supersonic if you'd like, but that is NOT for another few level caps or so.
This is a pre-contest, I repeat, to simply get a feel of what Supersonic will be like.

Whirlzap
06-05-2012, 11:35 PM
Received some teams!

Revelation's four teams, I need each of your captains to confirm your team and sub!

Swimmingstar
06-05-2012, 11:53 PM
Looking for a team. Though I think I already have a few members.

Whirlzap
06-05-2012, 11:59 PM
Remember registration ends next Wednesday!
I look to have the prizes and competition ended before Humania is out!
If your group wishes to practice, I will be on during weekdays 10 AM-6PM EST (New York Time)
I will be on 10PM to 1AM for weekends.
Thanks.

fizzxx
06-06-2012, 12:04 AM
whirlzap...when do u think can we start the pre contest..?

Suntv
06-06-2012, 06:14 AM
So let me get this straight: as a contestant I dont need low or med level characters to enter and I can just do all maps with a minimum of level 58 (access to Mt. Fang)?

Whirlzap
06-06-2012, 03:16 PM
Yeah, you can use any level character you want, but higher level chars kill faster, so it's logical to use a high level char.

BoomBox
06-06-2012, 04:17 PM
Looking for a team still! Have either a bird or int mage i can use

Whirlzap
06-06-2012, 04:19 PM
It's good to check in game for guilds, or randoms in a farming party.
Just another reminder that the registration ends next Wednesday the 13th!
You can also schedule a practice with me anytime before Wednesday the 20th, which is when the real runs have to be done by.

BoomBox
06-06-2012, 04:21 PM
I have been! I have a question, do they have to be active on forums? Or anything like that. Or just need a team of 4

Whirlzap
06-06-2012, 04:22 PM
Just need a team of 4.
The captain should have an account on the forums, since they will need to send me the PM of the confirmed finalized team and members.

BoomBox
06-06-2012, 04:30 PM
Ok, thanks! Ill be sure to get a team goin! Really like this idea.

Coke
06-07-2012, 06:46 AM
This sounds like fun! I'll join anybody's team :)

Whirlzap
06-07-2012, 02:37 PM
There is less than a week left to sign up!
Get some quick cash before Humania!

Whirlzap
06-08-2012, 01:31 AM
Second team fully confirmed!

Subscriber
06-08-2012, 01:35 AM
Err me?

Whirlzap
06-08-2012, 01:51 PM
You can find a team as well Sub :D

Whirlzap
06-08-2012, 06:07 PM
5 days left to sign up!

JaytB
06-08-2012, 06:12 PM
5 days left to sign up!

PM'ed you :)

Zeus
06-08-2012, 06:30 PM
Can you sign Me, Phys, and Mooger up? We're still looking for our 4th char.

Edit: Found our fourth player, Rose.

I'm the Team Captain, unless there are any objections. :)

Whirlzap
06-08-2012, 08:10 PM
Going to need a team name.
Also, please refrain from using any too-smexy team names. Hotness of team names will not guarantee any extra advantages, I am afraid.

Blind
06-09-2012, 07:34 AM
I really don't know what to do, been having a 60 min trasher ready for for humania for 2 months already lol,. Do we really have to do this pre-contest? Really wanna participate, but there is no way i'm burning a full trasher to run a Sandstone map ones :p.

YYZ????
06-09-2012, 12:42 PM
Anyone looking for another team member? I have 3 toons at 65 and could play with any depending on what the team needs.

Whirlzap
06-10-2012, 02:19 AM
@Blind:
Pre-Contest is just for fun.
Don't really care how many players actually participate lol
I just want to get you all rallied up for the Supersonic actual competition.

Sign-up for pre-contest ends on Wednesday!

Blind
06-10-2012, 05:15 AM
Oh i see, awesome.

Whirlzap
06-10-2012, 07:32 PM
Yeah, it is awesome.

-excuse for another bump-

Zeus
06-10-2012, 07:34 PM
Yeah, it is awesome.

-excuse for another bump-

Our Team Name is "The Death Train" btw.

Whirlzap
06-10-2012, 08:16 PM

I need to know if your teams are still participating.
Thanks.

Blind
06-10-2012, 11:21 PM
yes of course

EIDT: just not in the pre one.

EDIT: Lemme ask the gm.

EDIT: Nvm, i thought u were asking for my team personally because my name was highlited in ghe quote, sorry, i fealised it wasn't.

Whirlzap
06-10-2012, 11:48 PM
Lot of edits lol...

The Flash
06-11-2012, 12:19 AM
Need a team have a lv66 of each class with crafted sets and elite bonus. Would perfer to use bird then bear and last mage. IGN Supernamek

Whirlzap
06-12-2012, 01:36 AM
Got 2 days left.

Whirlzap
06-12-2012, 09:03 PM
Just a couple of days left.
If you want to enter, and win that handful of gold for your team, AS WELL AS A +1 Point boost in the Supersonic challenge (will talk about this later), NOW IS THE TIME!!!!

Happy Humania everyone!

Ocadreaz2635
06-13-2012, 09:52 AM
Whirlzap :)
We got our team

Name: The Eclipse
Captain: Gaihawk

Members:
Ocadreaz, fuzzyslips, Jcyee

Ocadreaz2635
06-13-2012, 10:01 AM
EDIT: Team Eclipse :)

Fuzzyslips
06-13-2012, 02:27 PM
Whirlzap :)
We got our team

Name: The Eclipse
Captain: Gaihawk

Members:
Ocadreaz, fuzzyslips, Jcyee

Wahoo! Very excited

Whirlzap
06-13-2012, 04:28 PM
Got your team registered.

Only several hours left for signing up!

Ocadreaz2635
06-18-2012, 12:22 PM
Whirzlap is it okay to me to use my bird instead
Ocadreaz for baawsbroh?:)

Whirlzap
06-18-2012, 12:29 PM
I believe the pre-contest will be postponed or cancelled.

It was just a promotion for Supersonic as well as a time stall for Humania.
Maybe after a month following Humania's release.
I doubt anyone wants to run speedruns when they could be farming new pinks.

Ocadreaz2635
06-18-2012, 01:13 PM
True so after a month of humania releasing? What bout
Making it august?