PDA

View Full Version : Pure Int: Whats the need?

Anecat
06-04-2012, 10:22 PM
Pure Int on a mage is quite unusual in my logic. I look at the highest lvl weapons and the in max is 150. So why do you need 200+ Int if you dont need more than 150? I am looking at making my mage go up to 150 int and put the rest of my points in str while i wait for the lvl cap to go up again. Pure dex, int, or str makes no sense to me. Please comment if my logic has missed something.

maneatingtree
06-04-2012, 10:32 PM
Pure int= larger mana pool, more hit, crit, damage, SKILL DAMAGE

saool
06-04-2012, 10:39 PM

And better mana Regen

Zapoke
06-04-2012, 10:42 PM

Dex gives more hit, base damage, and crit than int does. Just saying.

Something to consider: In the two years I've played PL, I've never seen a very good int/str elf (or bird). Any any level range, or any game mode. :p

Only half decent int/str bears. "Terror Bears" at 35, who use copperhead and a wand.

Anecat
06-04-2012, 11:20 PM
Ok but i see better items for str than int. So wouldnt it help that i have a better item than have good skills?

Piosidon
06-04-2012, 11:29 PM
Cause all the cool kids are doing it

Noodleleg
06-05-2012, 09:31 AM
See... In twinking like level 35, people do half dex so they can use an armor or damage ring. Since every ounce of armor or damage matters. In end game, people want more power on their mana shield and more skill damage. Your losses: a tiny bit of dodge, less base damage, less critical chance, etc. However, end game mages are more focused on skill damage at the moment. I can hit a 400 drain with pure int while I can only score like 310 with half dex and int. Why critical isn't such a biggy for mages at the moment is that once you use Blessing of Might, you'll get like 148 critical or something around there. A bit more wouldn't help that much... Mana shield also helps a bit. Putting the half into int can give you 3 more seconds of life when in mana shield... A mage's greatest fear is a drained mana shield lol... You want regen or a bit more mana for insurance. I'm talking both end game and pvp. Hope that helped :D

JaytB
06-05-2012, 09:50 AM
Ok but i see better items for str than int. So wouldnt it help that i have a better item than have good skills?

It depends what you think is better. If your main priority is keeping yourself alive, then yes, str items are obviously better. If, for PVE, you want to benefit your party most by dealing maximum dmg and healing your group as best as possible, then pure int with int gear is way more powerful.

So yeah, it depends what you're looking for. Personally, I want to deal maximum dmg and keep my farming partners alive as well as possible, and at 66, that's with a pure int spec with crafted Lilith gear.

FluffNStuff
06-05-2012, 10:40 AM
Pure int baby, pure int!!!

I could explain why, but it would require higher intelligence ...

hahahahhahhahhahahahahahhahahahahah

Sorry, couldn't resist.

OK, here goes. Weapons are useless to a mage. Take a look at the damage on the weapon you are thinking, now consider the fact that my when buff my Mage ALWAYS crits, so her lightning / icestorm / firestorm combo hits for a steady 3000 points. Now tell me, which is stronger?