PDA

View Full Version : General Comments, Observation and Wish List

Tor
06-04-2012, 10:49 PM
Hey Space Time Dudes n Dudettes!

Congratz on a great release with DL! Been playin for about 2 wks now and have some general observations. Hope these ideas warrant consideration.

LOOK
First off, even if the rest of the feedback is discarded, please send a big Congratz to the art team. DL art work is superb! Luv everything about the look from the maps to the sounds to the various chars' outfits and weps. Bigtime Kudos!!! Nice work for real.

GAME PLAY: The Bad
(1) Connection Issues: still fidgeting with this. According to my billing data DL game play sends far less data than comparable gameplay I do on PL, which would make me think the DL data packs are smaller... then I would *think* the game is less laggy but so far lag has been one of my biggest problems. I have major lag during tons of game play with frequent high pings at the worst possible times. 80% of my deaths in game are straight-up lag deaths, which totally blows. Unfortunately, basically all attacks hinge on ping, because the various buffs and combos all hinge on getting the timing just right. So what happens on a ping spike... as my char rushes badies I can't generate buffs, my drain flashes intermittently but never catches while my char takes major damage... by the time my frantic pounding on my buttons gets through my char is flat on the deck undeader... as my ping drops back down to 325...

(2) Not too fond of the energy sys, but you guyz need to turn a buck, understood. Hope you guyz add a menu showing _open games_ for Multiple Player maps, because it really does suck to *hope* to run a map with 2-3 peeps only to end up waiting for 10,20 even 30 minutes for another player to join a map.

GAME PLAY: The Good
Think the XP/maps/weps/lvling system is far superior to PL. I think it's awesome that I can target specific maps for weps that I need at the level I'm going to use them and know that I can grind through the map and score the pink I'm aiming for with patience. Total awesomeness. PL pales in comparison when I'm trying to farm for Rift armor and still haven't scored any after running OL for 2 mnths and several hundred times.

ECONOMY
Two major gripes... the economics just aren't adding up. I think the pinks are fairly valued according to their availability, but there's something seriously wrong with the greens when you have weps/gems selling in CS for 1-2 gold more than just using auto-sell in your inventory. My major suggestion would be to radically reduce to frequency of green drops to like 5-10% in order to shore up prices, because it's almost impossible to make a buck at CS with anything but pinks.

Second... I don't know about other players, but the blood packs are just way way waaaaaaaay too expensive. As I mentioned before, I'm suffering from serious lag most of the time and so I find myself banging away on blood during my runs; it's almost impossible to get good drains with the lag issues and because I'm taking hits without landing hits I need to frantically bang away on my blood in order to try to stay alive... at the current rate I'm running through 25 packs for 1-3 maps depending on ping, that's 7500 gold... and with the current prices for greens/whites there's just no WAY to strike a balance between cost-returns for runs. I finally found a way around this but I'm not going to mention it for fear of STS banning it. It's not a hack, it's a game strategy, still STS might frown upon it. Dunno. Not sayin give away the blood for free, but seriously... 7500 for 50 blood packs is jus insane for me right now.

In sum... I think DL is a great release, the art work is superb, game play should be fun and challenging with decent connection, I like the internal dynamics of reward sys regarding lvling/weps etc, but I think the cost-benefit issues regarding greens and blood could be tweaked just a tad.

Thx for reading! Peace.

Flowman
06-05-2012, 05:20 AM
Pertaining to the greens/pinks thing...even throwing in epics (purples) again would be cool. I do like the noticeable differences between the green and pink gems. In fact during my leveling there were times I actually preferred the greens.