View Full Version : Upgradeable weapons

Someone
08-19-2010, 08:17 PM
We should be able to upgrade our coolest weapons to our lvl
A lvl 19 pink should be upgradable to a higher lvl
So a lvl 31 one for could use lvl 19 pink and upgrade it to lvl 31 changing lvl to use it
int/dex/strength those would change so u can use it
Damage should change with it for a better use on higher lvl dungeons

KingFu
08-19-2010, 08:20 PM
This has Bern suggested before. As for the idea, whats the point of having new expansions and new items if we just keep upgrading the old ones? I think people want to see cooler, new items rather than keep upgrading their own loot.

Someone
08-19-2010, 08:25 PM
Well cuz I have an amazing and cooling looking axe platinum axe of legend a pink blade is blue and to keep using it would be nice

KingFu
08-19-2010, 08:30 PM
Yes but when you get higher up, the of legends 7 str and 2 H/S won't be enough, they will keep upgrading the bonus stats better and better most likely, so even if they did upgrade them, they would only upgrade the damage and speed, making the items stats inferior to the new ones. A lot of people love the look of the zombie saintly shield, but if you upgraded the armor from 19 to 25 (which is what average level 45 shields are now) it's stats would be inferior to Isis, in a way, isis is an upgraded version of zombies, if you look at the stats, Isis has a little more dodge and more H/S. So the items you upgrade wouldn't serve as much purpose as a higher level one, making it useless to upgrade the items.

Hayabusaz
08-20-2010, 07:54 AM
Nice Idea ! +1

killin91
08-20-2010, 02:12 PM
i dont like the idea of lvlin it like that but i wouldnt mind a +1 to +5-7 increasing dmg like many other mmorpgs

Snakespeare
08-20-2010, 02:24 PM
I used to like this idea, but now I don't. I prefer the items to have fixed stats. Heck, there's already too much data going up and down with the server. The unique identifier associated with my crossbow is probably just an INT right now. Every time I shoot, that INT is probably sent with a vector or a target identifier to the server. It shoots at a speed of 0.7, that is about 3 times ever 2 seconds. If my weapons were upgradeable, it would have to send that INT plus all the upgrade information, which could be ten or twelve discrete pieces of data. So, 3 times every 2 seconds TIMES 1000 simultaneous players, and you know what will happen? Lag Central.

So, I think I'd rather just have them stay the way they are,

Besides, I'd hate to make the mistake of spending plat (or even gold) to modify my level 35 Bayou Bow for a few levels only to find out I would rather use the Alien Blaster when I get to 45th.

Gamelova
08-20-2010, 08:16 PM
I don't think is would be a good idea either, because it would either cost gold or plat to upgrade.

Someone
08-20-2010, 08:43 PM
For all u saying that u dont like it well its just an option, u don't have to do it if u don't want to

FluffNStuff
08-20-2010, 10:02 PM
I was thinking about something like this when designing my entry for the contest. The concept is that snipers dead eye derby is related to the Ryylox blaster. It got me thinking about ways old items could be made more useful. Old items could be paired to new items, and when they are equipped together, they give an extra bonus.