PDA

View Full Version : here's a good saying.

wvhills
06-05-2012, 12:55 PM
Every day in africa, when the sun comes up, a gazelle wakes up.
It knows it has to outrun the fastest lion in order to survive.
Every day in africa, when the sun comes up, a lion wake up.
It knows it has to outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve.
The moral of the story...
is every day in africa, when the sun comes up, whether you're a lion or a gazelle
You better be running.

Post any moar good saying you have heard!

captaintuttle
06-05-2012, 01:13 PM
I hadn't heard this one until StompArtist shared it with us one day, and I love it. (StompStomp!!):

First they came for the communists,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a trade unionist.

Then they came for the Jews,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew.

Then they came for me
and there was no one left to speak out for me.

~ Martin Niemöller

StompArtist
06-05-2012, 02:30 PM
I don't want to achieve immortality through my work; I want to achieve immortality through not dying.

Woody Allen

Petrichor
06-05-2012, 02:48 PM
Hakuna Matata

wvhills
06-05-2012, 02:53 PM
Hakuna Matata

ur so pretty. :)

Piosidon
06-05-2012, 11:30 PM
ur so pretty. :)
Lol

Anyway...
"Everything will be alright in the end, if things aren't right, then it's not the end"

mackjack
06-06-2012, 04:34 AM
2 of Ben Franklin's reasons why cougars make better lovers:

- In every Animal that walks upright, the Deficiency of the Fluids that fill the Muscles appears first in the highest Part: The Face first grows lank and wrinkled; then the Neck; then the Breast and Arms; the lower Parts continuing to the last as plump as ever: So that covering all above with a Basket, and regarding only what is below the Girdle, it is impossible of two Women to know an old from a young one. And as in the dark all Cats are grey, the Pleasure of corporal Enjoyment with an old Woman is at least equal, and frequently superior, every Knack being by Practice capable of Improvement.

- They are so grateful!!

Flowman
06-06-2012, 04:46 AM
If you can't say something nice, say something vague.

Matutd
06-06-2012, 06:14 AM
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese

undertheradar
06-06-2012, 06:18 AM
If you have nothing nice to say, then shut the **** up and stare down at your feet. -Snoop Dog

WoundedEagle
06-07-2012, 05:04 AM
I got this one from watching some Hero Factory movie with my brother :) :"We all make mistakes; it just shows we're brave enough to make decisions."

Roc
06-07-2012, 10:01 AM
Don't believe in the you who believes in me. Don't believe in the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself.
-Kamina from Gurren Lagann

You go Kamina!

Deathpunch
06-07-2012, 10:06 AM
If you can't dazzle them with your brilliance, then baffle them with your BS.

-----
Sent from my ICS-powered 3VO

CrimsonTider
06-07-2012, 11:09 AM
Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever. That surrender, even the smallest act of giving up, stays with me. So when I feel like quitting, I ask myself, which would I rather live with?”

― Lance Armstrong

Phoenixking
06-07-2012, 11:59 AM
If you can't dazzle them with your brilliance, then baffle them with your BS.

-----
Sent from my ICS-powered 3VO
I wish I could thanks this....

Zaonabiuibil
06-07-2012, 02:03 PM
"Those who are the strongest are not the most powerful, yet those whose character shines above all."-Zaonabiuibil.

OvigorothO
06-07-2012, 02:26 PM
http://www.dirjournal.com/info/the-best-quotes-of-all-time/

Livemau
07-20-2012, 03:22 PM
Livemau is the best person who ever lived and a pretty hot warbird too

:star::afro::star:

NECROREAPER
07-21-2012, 03:26 AM
ʻAʻohe pau ka ʻike i ka hālau hoʻokahi.

"All knowledge is not learned from one school"

In Hawaiian culture, we have these sayings called ʻŌlelo noʻeau that are basically life lessons/sayings that allude to how you should live your life, although they're very vague. Hawaiians like to speak in an obfuscatory manner, relying on the reader/person to interpret the meanings themselves, rather than explaining them outright.

tristana1
12-13-2017, 04:56 AM
very good
thanks

Java
12-20-2017, 12:35 AM

In Hawaiian culture, we have these sayings called ʻŌlelo noʻeau that are basically life lessons/sayings that allude to how you should live your life, although they're very vague. Hawaiians like to speak in an obfuscatory manner, relying on the reader/person to interpret the meanings themselves, rather than explaining them outright.Very nice!!

Mele kalkimaka me ka hau’oli makahiki hou!!

Dollarr
01-10-2018, 02:15 AM

In Hawaiian culture, we have these sayings called ʻŌlelo noʻeau that are basically life lessons/sayings that allude to how you should live your life, although they're very vague. Hawaiians like to speak in an obfuscatory manner, relying on the reader/person to interpret the meanings themselves, rather than explaining them outright.Well said

Sent from my SM-G530H using Tapatalk