PDA

View Full Version : Chat filter

Plaguemaw
06-05-2012, 04:42 PM
I was going to make a dummy account to post this, but decided to use main and take the hating/flaming.

I'm getting sick and tired of people in game using misspelling to beat the chat filter. I'm not talking about "sht" or "shyt", I'm talking about the hate speech, such as "f**" with 2 a's and "n*****" with q's instead of g's.

I personally will not ever purchase anymore platinum until this issue is fixed, or at least read the reports and ban the responsible parties. Its ok to get mad, its ok to rage and flame, but its NOT cool to say stuff like this in game. Things like this in real life will get your face smashed in.

STS, this is directed at you. I need an explanation of why this isn't being fixed, and I won't cough up another penny until you help us out.

And to the haters... consider your consequences if you said this to someones face in real life.

Any feedback is welcome.

Sent from my SPH-M930BST using Tapatalk 2

Walkhardd
06-05-2012, 04:50 PM
I don't talk like that in game, or irl. But, I think you need to get some thicker skin. I'm not trying to flame or anything, dude. Just being honest.

As the old saying goes... Sticks and stones.. :D

Edit: please don't think I condone any hate speech.

Phoenixking
06-05-2012, 04:52 PM
I don't talk like that in game, or irl. But, I think you need to get some thicker skin. I'm not trying to flame or anything, dude. Just being honest.

And smileys? I'm lost

Plaguemaw
06-05-2012, 04:52 PM
I appreciate your comments man, but what is a kid supposed to think when some punk blasts racist stuff at them? STS needs to either fix this, or raise the age limit to 17 like in DL and remove the filter altogether.

Walkhardd
06-05-2012, 04:53 PM

And smileys? I'm lost

It's ok..you'll find your way back...:D

Phoenixking
06-05-2012, 04:56 PM
It's ok..you'll find your way back...:D
:D how do you do it.

Walkhardd
06-05-2012, 04:56 PM
I appreciate your comments man, but what is a kid supposed to think when some punk blasts racist stuff at them? STS needs to either fix this, or raise the age limit to 17 like in DL and remove the filter altogether.

I don't disagree with you. But really, what can sts do? Ban every person who does it? And where do you draw the line? This is the internet. Theres always going to be punk kids being cyber bad asses.

Phoenixking
06-05-2012, 04:58 PM
I don't disagree with you. But really, what can sts do? Ban every person who does it? And where do you draw the line? This is the internet. Theres always going to be punk kids being cyber bad asses.
Well said.
reminds me of this one noob flaming me cause I used X-Bow
"Longbows are for real man your weak using an X-Bow, and poor"
But said it in a mean bad way, with the qq's and y's and v's

Plaguemaw
06-05-2012, 05:06 PM
I would draw the line at normal foul words, like F and S, and even B. But this racist/hate stuff has gotta go. Every one uses foul words, but not those ones mentioned in first post.

NECROREAPER
06-05-2012, 05:06 PM
I've brought this up before and the dev response went somewhere along the lines of:

Even if they change the chat filter people will still find ways around it so it's easier to just report them and let the des take care of it.

Walkhardd
06-05-2012, 05:10 PM
I would draw the line at normal foul words, like F and S, and even B. But this racist/hate stuff has gotta go. Every one uses foul words, but not those ones mentioned in first post.

take screen shots of the chat, and report. Hopefully support takes this seriously. I'm down with anyone using hate speech to be gone. Maybe a temp ban for first offense.

Edit: kinda ninjad by necro. Lol

Plaguemaw
06-05-2012, 05:10 PM
I've brought this up before and the dev response went somewhere along the lines of:

Even if they change the chat filter people will still find ways around it so it's easier to just report them and let the des take care of it.

Yea I see your point.

Guess now we gotta get the devs to follow up on the reports. I know they probably get 1k a day or more, but this stuff and scamming should red flag in the report box.

Mothwing
06-05-2012, 05:14 PM
Ok...

Step 1. Ignore

Step 2. Oh wait...

If all else fails, just remember, they're words, and if not directed at you, or your friends, they mean nothing. I've seen so much of it. T.V., School, public, etc. I really could care less about cursing. I don't do it myself, but I don't let it bother me either.

Phoenixking
06-05-2012, 05:16 PM
Ok...

Step 1. Ignore

Step 2. Oh wait...

If all else fails, just remember, they're words, and if not directed at you, or your friends, they mean nothing. I've seen so much of it. T.V., School, public, etc. I really could care less about cursing. I don't do it myself, but I don't let it bother me either.
I always thought this, they are purely words with no meaning, they try to hurt you, that's how I trolled back the dude who hated on my XBow :3

Mothwing
06-05-2012, 05:17 PM
I always thought this, they are purely words with no meaning, they try to hurt you, that's how I trolled back the dude who hated on my XBow :3

And that's where the saying: "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me" is ironic. Because it's truly the exact opposite. But they won't hurt you unless you let them.

Plaguemaw
06-05-2012, 05:41 PM
Yea, but this type of talk isn't welcomed at work, in school, or anywhere in real life. I don't see why STS can't figure out something. And if you mute the people, they just come back on an alt and blast you twice as bad.

I still stand by my original post, and hope anyone in support will boycott plat purchases until this issue is resolved.

Still haven't heard from a developer on this matter.

Suentous PO
06-05-2012, 06:59 PM
Equate -Cuss words X slang X several languages cuss words X all varient ways of spelling = a massive ever changing list of words no one can use.
This one post in chat would look like;
***** cuss ***** **** several **** ****** cuss **** all ****** you get it ( you ge* **)

Plaguemaw
06-06-2012, 12:31 PM
Ok your right, maybe I should have asked a different question.

Is there a way to disable in game chat, short of muting every toon I see?

NECROREAPER
06-06-2012, 01:01 PM
Ok your right, maybe I should have asked a different question.

Is there a way to disable in game chat, short of muting every toon I see?

Muting every person you see would be the only way to accomplish that, unfortunately :/

Phoenixking
06-06-2012, 01:03 PM
Muting every person you see would be the only way to accomplish that, unfortunately :/
Maybe the person won't be able to log back on because the ignore list was to large O.o