PDA

View Full Version : Best way to give stuff away?

Birog
06-05-2012, 05:14 PM
I mostly give my stuff away.

I don't like selling stuff in the auction house or liquating it, because, well, someone might make a better use of it. So I give away any bird or bear stuff, and any excess elf stuff I have. Basically, buying and selling bling is TOO MUCH LIKE REAL LIFE, people.

So I go through the townes and sprinkle my excess stuff away randomly to people standing around or to teammates in a party. And get some thanks and good karma.

But as I get higher in level, it's harder to find folks for whom the stuff is actually useful. Folks my level (30) usually have better stuff than oranges, and most greens, so for them it's probably just superfluous. Hence the limited amount of thanks.

And while a lvl 6 newbie might be happy to get a level 25 weapon, by the time they can use it they'll have liquidated it unless it's a pink or a decent green.

So what to do? What's the best way to give stuff away to someone who might actually use it?

I'd love the devs to make a "rummage sale" for folks to pick through what they wanted at no or minimal cost donated by those of us who aren't bothered about accumulating virtual fortunes. But that'd probably undercut the CS, which is a source of platinum sales (and therefore $$ to the devs).

I have listed stuff in the CS for nominal sums (just above the listing cost), but can only get rid of 1 item at a time there without spending plat.

Phoenixking
06-05-2012, 05:18 PM
I mostly give my stuff away.

I don't like selling stuff in the auction house or liquating it, because, well, someone might make a better use of it. So I give away any bird or bear stuff, and any excess elf stuff I have. Basically, buying and selling bling is TOO MUCH LIKE REAL LIFE, people.

So I go through the townes and sprinkle my excess stuff away randomly to people standing around or to teammates in a party. And get some thanks and good karma.

But as I get higher in level, it's harder to find folks for whom the stuff is actually useful. Folks my level (30) usually have better stuff than oranges, and most greens, so for them it's probably just superfluous. Hence the limited amount of thanks.

And while a lvl 6 newbie might be happy to get a level 25 weapon, by the time they can use it they'll have liquidated it unless it's a pink or a decent green.

So what to do? What's the best way to give stuff away to someone who might actually use it?

I'd love the devs to make a "rummage sale" for folks to pick through what they wanted at no or minimal cost donated by those of us who aren't bothered about accumulating virtual fortunes. But that'd probably undercut the CS, which is a source of platinum sales (and therefore $$ to the devs).

I have listed stuff in the CS for nominal sums (just above the listing cost), but can only get rid of 1 item at a time there without spending plat.
The only time I use auction shoppe is to sell pinks that are worth more then 30k. If not I liquidate to get gold.

Birog
06-05-2012, 05:27 PM
Yeah, but I'd rather give the stuff away to someone who might use it than to liquidate it.

Also, from the CS prices it's evident that even for crappy whites people are willing to pay more than than the liquidation price. So liquidating an item is economically inefficient, so to speak.
Maybe there's someone for whom a crappy orange or white might be just the item they need for that level.

Maybe I'll just stand in towne and say "get your free stuff here!". But that seems annoying.