PDA

View Full Version : No cross trade!

Elf-Orc-Naga
06-06-2012, 03:05 AM
Just my opinion...
I saw this link from mr samhayne:
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?35270-No-cross-game-trades!

I dont like arguments and it is not also an issue that I do not agree with the message. But I think the post was sort of implementing a non-democratic rule as far as it's from a developer side... I like mr samhayne and btw my congrats for his baby (as i just saw his pic :applause:) My suggestion is, should it be written as "cross trade is not recommended as it may result to scam blah blah"... I think this should be appropriate as any player has his/her choice on his/her own responsibility as for the case of trading so the word "not allowed" is I think too strict. What do you think? For the equality side, i hope a player has also the power to say "creating a gambling way to get items on plat-store is not allowed!" :) enjoy playing sts games!

KillaSkillz
06-06-2012, 05:46 AM
Nope, not too strict. Too much chance of a player scamming and one party getting mad and going to the devs to solve the problem. By saying that, if you get scammed by trading outside the secure trade window of one game, it is your problem, not theirs.

In a cross game trade, one person has to give something, and the other has to trust they will get their item in the other game. Say you start a trade, give your item, then switch to the other game to find out that the other guy is nowhere to be found and you didn't get your item. Even when sts resolves the problem, the other guy will say something like "i was hacked or they shut off my internet, or the wireless tower went down, or I got grounded".

Too many problems to solve if it was allowed that could be avoided, when they could be adding to the game with that time instead. If you cross game trade, and you get scammed, you are on your own.

*Zero*
06-06-2012, 06:03 AM
I think the rule are just fine. Like above stated higher chances of getting scammed with cross game trading.

flashbackflip
06-06-2012, 06:10 AM
Elf-Orc-Naga, even in yo sig there is a citation line explaining the situation: 'life is a game played according to the rules'... If you agree with rules in yo life why you argue with rules of the game?

All the best and yes - what Killa said ;)

OvigorothO
06-06-2012, 06:29 AM
If i was i dev i would take offence to someone spelling my name so bad even when they included a link to one of my threads.( lines 2 & 7 )

Elf-Orc-Naga
06-06-2012, 03:07 PM
thanks for the replies, i agree to all of you.. and ovi i corrected my spelling hehehe thanks. my point is the choice of "word", not really the rule... my firend was engaged at cross trade with another friend and it was ok because of trust... now the question is.. did my friend and his friend break the "rule" as it is "not allowed"?

Staryknight
06-06-2012, 03:19 PM
I think the intent of the "rule" is to stop scammers from advertising cross game trades on the forums. I also think they are saying if you are scammed in a cross game trade, don't bother contacting support, they won't do anything.

If you have friends who you trust enough to do this with go ahead but be aware of the risks. I doubt they are scanning chat logs for cross game trades just looking for people to ban. They just want the option to step in and ban both members if drama is started and brought to their attention. As long as both parties can be trusted, there should never be an issue that draws the devs attention, and you won't have a problem.

My thoughts have always been that this is more of a forum rule than an official game rule like the TOS.

Elf-Orc-Naga
06-07-2012, 02:55 AM
That's right. Thanks Staryknight :) I think we are on the same page. Cross trade is not actually "not allowed" but sort of "not recommended/tolerated because of the risk". I thought my friend violated the rule as he engaged on that thing :)

KillaSkillz
06-07-2012, 05:41 AM
Yup what staryknight says. I think at the time cross game trades happened a lot, and they went bad a lot. (probably used as a scam) and because of 2 different games it was a bit more complicated to resolve then it is if a trade went bad in just one of the games.

anyways, it shouldn't be a problem between 2 people that trust each other, if it works out, and no one complains to the devs if the trades doesn't work out. But again it would be "at own risk" for all I know if one complains about it both parties could be banned for participation.

It was probably one of those things that needed to be said because it happened too much and it was a pain to sort out and resolve when it could be totally avoided. Trades are secure in pl and in sl when using the trade windows, but not possible to secure trades between games. Scammers probably saw this angle at the time and were taking advantage of the unsuspecting.

Dahitman
06-07-2012, 02:08 PM
The rules are fine. I just wish I could transfer my funds from one game to another. Cause I got mad money in PL and DL but mainly play SL. I could use that loot in the SL game. Some kind of exchange rate would be ideal cause as we know credits come easier in certain games than others.