PDA

View Full Version : Can't play good cause of LAG

Richard Rovira
06-06-2012, 04:51 AM
Hi I just want to post this regarding on my game play and my friends feedback. Dark Legends game is getting more laggy now. Some of my friends told me they are lag too while were playing ctf and during mission. Our ping it gets high to 1k but before we don't have this problem. I hope DL will fix this lag. Sorry for bad feedback, I just can't help it playing with lag (always died). Thanks!

Skeletonlord
06-06-2012, 05:18 AM
I do not think it is Dark Legends that is causing you this lag. Dark Legends seems to work fine on my iPod Touch.

It might be the cause of your Internet. I'm no computer wizard, but have you got a router or a home hub that controls your internet? You could also try restarting that and checking your ping level. There is a website you can use to measure your ping.

Www.pingtest.com

Matutd
06-06-2012, 06:06 AM
Go to options and switch on pixel double, not sure if this actually helps lag, but it seemed to work for me :)

Stout
06-11-2012, 11:01 PM
I think the lag is not caused by the internet connection or handheld devices. I have tried using my 1st gen galaxy tab and the new S3, on mobile broadband and wifi, the lag still exists. When the ping hits 700+, pvp is no longer playable. It is not only causing the lag, I will experience sticky joystick that will sometime stuck on one direction, losing the power charged while finger is still on the button and worst still, getting killed by 'invisible' opponent (ooo is it a new power skill i m not aware of?).

When there is lag, what i see on my screen may not reflect exactly where i am. for example when i m moving and the ping value is, say 500+, i am probably in a more advanced position then what i see on my screen.

Since the lag problem will probably stay in DL for awhile, I can only improvise the timing of releasing the first charged power according to the ping value at that moment. If i am getting 400 to 500 ping, i will tend to release the charged earlier. 200 to 300 ping is quite ok, but anything above 600 is unplayable. But alas....the ping value is covered by my left palm. I hope the dev team can move the ping counter to the top screen...that will certainly help.

YuNoEatBeaRs
06-12-2012, 02:44 AM
i'm kinda having the same problem, i'm not quite sure but when i started playing my ping was somewhere around 300-400, now it's usually 400+ with random spikes to 600.

now i'm not sure if it's my connection or not (although nothing changed) but it would be nice if STS could come up with something to handle the delay induced by high ping specially in pvp, i don't know if this is possible so i won't blame them if it doesn't happen, but it would be AWESOME if it could happen.

@Stout i figured with high ping it's quite the opposite, it's like what i see is ahead of what is real (it's like when video is a head of audioin videos, imagine audio is the real thing), for example if i ran just past the corner, in reality i didn't, so if i'm stunned/rooted/died i get tele'd back before the corner (when visually i should've been outta range of the enemy), so when i have say VS or FB charged or hitting them with leap, if the opponent is running from me, i have to get closer than the normal range of the spell to hit, if they're running towards me it's normal as they themselves close the distance. (it's a hell lot worse with the speed buff if i have high ping that i'll have to get within less than half the normal range to get a hit)

it's damn annoying tho with shadow dance and the zombies, you'd think you're out of that zombie's range to SD and BAAM you're back at the zombie, so i rarely use it in pvp lol.

anshdoc
06-12-2012, 03:35 AM
The invisible opponent thing is happening more often nowadays, and u don't have any way to see it lol.
But if u see opponents coming at u, i feel it is better to spam your skills fast, bcoz to them it will happen slightly later and u don't get hit by their skills first. Lol.

With pings in red and passion to play u have to learn to live with it.
Enirea 21
http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/any/3/0/9/8/9/5130989WXFDP.png (http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/index.php)

Floating
06-12-2012, 05:10 AM
I also lag sometimes.... A lot when I pvp and teamfight...

Lady_Pebbles
06-21-2012, 04:10 PM
The lag is horrible and it seems to be server lag, not our devices. More talk regarding this issue here: Lag Madness Thread (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?60454-lag-madness)

ArtStar
06-21-2012, 04:21 PM
Super laggy, but I think thats cause I havent gotten real internet yet x)

Tor
06-26-2012, 07:26 PM
Agree with everything said. Game is awesome at around 300 ping, over 500 becomes unplayable. Can't get a good Drain going without getting killed, invisible enemies landing hits and so on. That said, have now implemented some Lag strategy.... as Anshdoc mentioned... keep an eye on your ping... when you see a ping spike over 500/600 and are in a group of enemies, the best way to survive is to spam Skillz fast. When I'm having a bunch of ping spikes I go into my "lag build" and max my Defense and Hlth points. I've found Skill combos kill enemies faster anyhow and the weps stats are only for Attack Button strikes and don't work well with lag. The Skillz seem to 'mostly' work. My Deaths have gone down quite a bit since I've gone this route instead of relying purely on Attack with weps and high Attack/Damage/DPS. For lag, go Defense/Hlth and spam Skillz, take advantage of the speed boost you get after a drain to rush the next bunch of enemies and again spam Skillz to take them down fast.

Rawrimafish
06-26-2012, 08:24 PM
Try playing on Google Chrome? it helps me with lag.