PDA

View Full Version : (Please READ)Does this phone work with Dark Legends?

Onaraasider
06-06-2012, 08:14 AM
Does the Virgin Mobile Venture work with Dark Legends? This is the phone i plan on getting and i really want one that is compatible with Pl and DL.
here is a picture(now u see why im worried it wont work):
Will it work even though the screen is small?

Skeletonlord
06-06-2012, 08:39 AM
Hey Ona! Long time no see! Just my opinion, I think it probably will work. It has the Android Market, and the android market has PL, SL and DL in it. I'm sure it will have AL as well when it's released. The screen does look a little small, that what you are worried about?
I would speak to an expert though.

Is it Touchscreen? If so it will probably run. I'd check the market for both games and check the requirements.

StompArtist
06-06-2012, 08:40 AM
This have a touch screen or is it just keypad?

Onaraasider
06-06-2012, 09:08 AM
It is touchscreen but look at the size of the screen, it was on my list of compatible phones( http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?59711-Here-is-List-of-Compatible-phones!)too,but i need to know for sure.

StompArtist
06-06-2012, 09:10 AM
I would go try it at the store first but if it has touchscreen I don't see why not.

Onaraasider
06-06-2012, 09:12 AM
Try it at store?

StompArtist
06-06-2012, 09:13 AM
Try it at store?

Go to a store where they sell it and claim that you are only interested in buying it if it runs DL. They will install it for you to try.

Onaraasider
06-06-2012, 09:15 AM
Is Virgin Mobile a store?

Onaraasider
06-06-2012, 09:16 AM
does anyone have this phone?

StompArtist
06-06-2012, 09:16 AM

Are you in the US? They sell that phone at Best Buy.

Onaraasider
06-06-2012, 09:17 AM
Probably wont be able to try, it is a gift im going to ask for my b day

StompArtist
06-06-2012, 09:18 AM
Probably wont be able to try, it is a gift im going to ask for my b day

Can't you go to a best buy before hand?

Onaraasider
06-06-2012, 09:19 AM
Can't you go to a best buy before hand?

Maybe i can sneak over there with my grandmother

Skeletonlord
06-06-2012, 09:19 AM

Where were you planning on buying the phone? There is a "Virgin" store that sells phones, research "Virgin Mobile" on the Internet and go on the website. Their will most likely be a store locator somewhere on there.

Onaraasider
06-06-2012, 09:20 AM
Where were you planning on buying the phone? There is a "Virgin" store that sells phones, research "Virgin Mobile" on the Internet and go on the website. Their will most likely be a store locator somewhere on there.

I was planning on it getting ordered

Onaraasider
06-06-2012, 09:22 AM
it at a walmart near me,ty guys anyway.

Onaraasider
06-06-2012, 09:25 AM
This is it sideways it might work!

Deathpunch
06-11-2012, 10:49 AM
I'm gonna say no, as the msm7627 is a 600mhz arm6 processor and it only supports opengl 1.1. Of the devices that are listed on virgin mobiles website, the Evo V will work, it's a rebranded Evo 3D, and the Optimus Elite may, I can't vouch for it without looking up the specs.

It has the Android Market, and the android market has PL, SL and DL in it.

This proves absolutely nothing. You can get the market on cupcake devices but you won't be playing DL on them. Just stick to iOS, as that's the device you own, unless you do actual research into your claims.

-----
This post has +5 to topic derailment.

Commanderkeen
06-11-2012, 12:00 PM
Hey Ono I would say no it won't with reasons descriped by Death. I have always had a VM phone since 2000 and have owned most of their phones. A couple of months ago I upgraded to the Motorola Triumph from the LG Optimus V knowing the Optimus V could not play DL and WoM given its small 600 mhz armv6 processor. VM just got the HTC Evo V (Evo 3D 4G) which I'm getting this Friday because it comes with a 1.2 ghz processor and 4G for just 35$ a month. So if I was you and you wanna play PL DL and maybe AL coming soon you might wanna try to get a Triumph or better to play their newer games. Have you tried looking into the LG Optimus Elite or the HTC Wildfire S they both come with a 800 mhz processor but I don't know if their armv6 or armv7 processors?

EDIT: Just did research on the Optimus Elite and Wildfire S and they both come with armv6 processors so they can't play DL if you want a VM phone looks like your going to have to get a Triumph or Evo V since their the only VM phones that come with a armv7 processor which is required to play DL. If you still want to get a VM that's not a Triumph or Evo V you will only beable to play PL and SL with them.

Onaraasider
06-11-2012, 04:16 PM
Hey Ono I would say no it won't with reasons descriped by Death. I have always had a VM phone since 2000 and have owned most of their phones. A couple of months ago I upgraded to the Motorola Triumph from the LG Optimus V knowing the Optimus V could not play DL and WoM given its small 600 mhz armv6 processor. VM just got the HTC Evo V (Evo 3D 4G) which I'm getting this Friday because it comes with a 1.2 ghz processor and 4G for just 35$ a month. So if I was you and you wanna play PL DL and maybe AL coming soon you might wanna try to get a Triumph or better to play their newer games. Have you tried looking into the LG Optimus Elite or the HTC Wildfire S they both come with a 800 mhz processor but I don't know if their armv6 or armv7 processors?

EDIT: Just did research on the Optimus Elite and Wildfire S and they both come with armv6 processors so they can't play DL if you want a VM phone looks like your going to have to get a Triumph or Evo V since their the only VM phones that come with a armv7 processor which is required to play DL. If you still want to get a VM that's not a Triumph or Evo V you will only beable to play PL and SL with them.
The alcatel venture is a phone with 2.8 touchscreen compatibility, 2.3 android OS and is armv7, i just wanted to know if someone had it.I will just be stuck on chrome if it doesnt work.

Deathpunch
06-11-2012, 04:25 PM
The alcatel venture is a phone with 2.8 touchscreen compatibility, 2.3 android OS and is armv7, i just wanted to know if someone had it.I will just be stuck on chrome if it doesnt work.

All the stuff I've seen on the venture points to a qualcomm msm7627 processor, which is an arm6 processor. I'm curious as to where you got info saying that it is an arm7.

VM just got the HTC Evo V (Evo 3D 4G) which I'm getting this Friday because it comes with a 1.2 ghz processor and 4G for just 35$ a month.

It's a dual-core 1.2 ghz processor at that. Btw, it will run all of the current STS games flawlessly. I have the Sprint version, the Evo 3D.

-----

Onaraasider
06-11-2012, 04:31 PM
Is a 600 MHz Processor an armv7 or armv6 im actually confused.And upset i wont be able to have a phone that plays DL and Pl.

Deathpunch
06-11-2012, 04:32 PM
Is a 600 MHz Processor an armv7 or armv6 im actually confused.And upset i wont be able to have a phone that plays DL and Pl.

Processor speed doesn't have anything to do with it.

Edit: well, it may somewhat, but when we're discussing armX whatever, we are talking about instruction sets, how the cpu handles the info given to it.

-----

Onaraasider
06-11-2012, 04:33 PM
how do you find if it is armv6 or armv7? i search in google "is alcatel venture armv7?"

Deathpunch
06-11-2012, 04:38 PM
how do you find if it is armv6 or armv7? i search in google "is alcatel venture armv7?"

First, you would google venture specs to see what processor it has. In this case, the msm7627. Then google msm7627 and you should be able to find the info you want. That's how I did it.

-----

OvigorothO
06-11-2012, 04:40 PM
go to the google play store on your computer and look up the games. Once on the game description there should be an option to see a compatability list. (Btw your DL compatability list isnt very accurate)

Commanderkeen
06-12-2012, 06:15 AM
All the stuff I've seen on the venture points to a qualcomm msm7627 processor, which is an arm6 processor. I'm curious as to where you got info saying that it is an arm7.

It's a dual-core 1.2 ghz processor at that. Btw, it will run all of the current STS games flawlessly. I have the Sprint version, the Evo 3D.

-----

Awesome its a dual-core processor VM website only says 1.2 ghz processor can't wait :)

Deathpunch
06-12-2012, 07:37 AM
Awesome its a dual-core processor VM website only says 1.2 ghz processor can't wait :)

lol! Yeah, I noticed that when I was checking out the venture for the op.

-----

Onaraasider
06-12-2012, 06:12 PM
Ty guys for helping me with this im going get a tmobile phone instead!

Deathpunch
06-12-2012, 06:54 PM
Ty guys for helping me with this im going get a tmobile phone instead!

Wewt! One S! Get it! Love it!

-----

HunterSLAYER
06-12-2012, 08:24 PM
SIII is pretty AWESOME imo

Sent from my LT26i using Xparent ICS Blue Tapatalk 2

Onaraasider
06-13-2012, 05:10 AM
Wewt! One S! Get it! Love it!

-----
This post has +5 to topic derailment.I looked at that but im probably getting the double play.

Deathpunch
06-13-2012, 08:42 AM
I looked at that but im probably getting the double play.

It should work. The msm8255 is an arm7 processor.

-----

Onaraasider
06-13-2012, 12:21 PM
It should work. The msm8255 is an arm7 processor.

-----
I know its arm7 but how do i find out it touchscreen compat?

Deathpunch
06-13-2012, 12:26 PM
I know its arm7 but how do i find out it touchscreen compat?

Google the specs.

-----

Onaraasider
06-13-2012, 01:55 PM
i googled specs already i still cant find but it looks like its compaatible(one sad thing is i cant get this phone by my b day,because it is cheaper to order online, and my b day is friday)
12121isnt it amazing... i can text and play DL at the same time!

Airrie
06-14-2012, 02:21 AM
A lot of techies here, :D love it!

Hey guys, not giving any official answer here, but I believe it was already covered by some others. Just wanted to share this link.
If it's a Snapdragon processor, you might find your answer here. :o

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snapdragon_(system_on_chip)

Onaraasider
06-14-2012, 06:38 AM
A lot of techies here, :D love it!

Hey guys, not giving any official answer here, but I believe it was already covered by some others. Just wanted to share this link.
If it's a Snapdragon processor, you might find your answer here. :o

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snapdragon_(system_on_chip)ty airrie, i found that link but for some reason after i found out it was armv7 i thought it had to be 2.8 touchscreen so i kept looking for that.

Deathpunch
06-14-2012, 07:39 AM
I'm fairly sure that its a touch screen, so I don't think you'll have any issues. It has a compatible processor that supports opengl 2.0, the only thing I'm not positive about is what version of android it runs. I think its on gingerbread (2.3).

-----