PDA

View Full Version : Colored chat

Suentous PO
06-06-2012, 08:48 AM
So, this. How?
http://i1062.photobucket.com/albums/t500/suentous/th_048876f7.jpg (http://s1062.photobucket.com/albums/t500/suentous/?action=view&current=048876f7.jpg)

Saw this randomly in town. I asked, & was told "preloaded color palet" whatever that is. Is it a chrome thing?
Curious...

Sory can't blow up pic any but you can see multicolor town chat.

Skeletonlord
06-06-2012, 09:03 AM
Maybe it's a jail broken version of the game? Preloaded colour pallet? It must be a hacked game. I do not think there is a colour pallet setting in game. I would probably report it if you see it again, first time this has popped up before during my time here.

adis
06-06-2012, 09:07 AM
I have never seen it before in my life. I say contact the dev team at
Support@spacetimestudios.com
And ask if its possible to create it. Even though I do have a theory which might make it possible.

adis
06-06-2012, 09:13 AM
I tried to check the theory by using msn messenger codes. Doesn't work. I tried testing and it appeared like what I typed instead of colored letters.

Suentous PO
06-06-2012, 09:23 AM
Hadn't even thought to report. We chatted a little, whoever it was was not trying to get anything off anyone or be shady. In fact s/he was coy & wouldn't come out and say much.

Kaytar
06-06-2012, 09:28 AM
O.o!!!!!!!!!!!!
My friend said he saw this in Dark Legends

Stephencobear
06-06-2012, 10:16 AM
I'd like to speak in red white and blue:loyal:

Nick41324
06-06-2012, 11:44 AM
Ever think its actually a dev on a sub account?...

WoundedEagle
06-06-2012, 11:47 AM
Devs want to say anything on this?

Skeletonlord
06-06-2012, 11:51 AM
Ever think its actually a dev on a sub account?...

It could well be Nick. We will not be 100% certain until a developer clarifies, but it must be some sort of glitch with the writing. None of us can do that, so maybe it is a dev account.

Suentous PO
06-06-2012, 12:18 PM
I think a dev would have said something more intellegable than "myapp...", whatever that means.

Phoenixking
06-06-2012, 12:35 PM
I think a dev would have said something more intellegable than "myapp...", whatever that means.
My app O.o

Floating
06-06-2012, 12:39 PM
My APP XD This texting method would be nice but it would burn our eyes since everyone would use his colours....
I beleive a hacked version would be able to do that because in WOW we had Addons to do such stuff and since those do not exist in chrome or androids it muzt be maggggic O.o

WoundedEagle
06-06-2012, 01:04 PM
I'm pretty sure they just found the code for HTML color change and put in the color they wanted.

Suentous PO
06-06-2012, 01:16 PM
Sooo, mystery solved WE?

WoundedEagle
06-06-2012, 01:39 PM
Sooo, mystery solved WE?
I'd like to say so, but I have no evidence. I just know that it isn't hacking or modding. It is basically doing the same thing as we do on forums.

ExperimentNebulaCore
06-06-2012, 01:46 PM
And the hacking revolution begins.

Piosidon
06-06-2012, 02:16 PM
Copy and paste?

Suentous PO
06-06-2012, 03:03 PM
Copy and paste?
I can't with my iOS gizmos, see if you can with chrome.

LwMark
06-06-2012, 03:43 PM
wow hmmmmm

Whirlzap
06-06-2012, 04:02 PM
It's completely possible for games with a PC.
You can do so much to screw up the coding for a webpage, in this case, PL on a PC is dangerously modifiable.

If it isn't this, it could well be another unknown glitch.

I do suspect it has to do something with an unintentional edit done to the game's coding.

I would go check it out, but I don't want to get myself banned or anything.
Modifying STS files isn't really allowed...heh.

JaytB
06-06-2012, 04:09 PM
What's up with all those weird things. Bunch of hackzorz!

Before you know it, people will start running outside the walls. Ow wait...

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j344/JaytB1/0b621364.jpg

(blurred out name of player)

Whirlzap
06-06-2012, 04:10 PM
inb4mageisSamhayne

JaytB
06-06-2012, 04:27 PM
inb4mageisSamhayne

It wasn't a dev, or a dev that held up his/her disguise for a long time. Many people knew the player, and I have seen him/her around before too.

Weird stuff, I tell you.

LwMark
06-06-2012, 04:29 PM
yep i know that mage its a girl not samhayne lol....for as much as i know

i witnessed another player after the one in the above pic go thru here

Jcyee
06-06-2012, 04:55 PM
:o thats actually rlly cool lmao

Whirlzap
06-06-2012, 04:58 PM
It wasn't a dev, or a dev that held up his/her disguise for a long time. Many people knew the player, and I have seen him/her around before too.

Weird stuff, I tell you.

Yeah, my inb4 was a troll post lol.

I have played purposely in places of intensely horrible connection just to see what glitches the game had.
One was where my PL game became a view.
My character stood there, my skills were stuck on cooldown, but instead of everyone else in my party stopping, I watched them move on and talk exactly perfect.
I even heard them say, "What's Whirl doing AFKing back there?" as they killed the boss and got a premium pink.

Suentous PO
06-06-2012, 06:09 PM
So WE is confident it's not a hack or mod, how would you characterize it Whirlz?
I still have the original with the players name if devs want.

Prolocuter
07-24-2012, 09:42 AM
So, this. How?

Saw this randomly in town. I asked, & was told "preloaded color palet" whatever that is. Is it a chrome thing?
Curious...

Sory can't blow up pic any but you can see multicolor town chat.

So, this. Sorry not telling you.
Thanks for hiding the name but there was no need.

It was me "Prolocuter" yes I understand the meaning of the word although I'm not an admin and neither work for Space Time Studios.

All I can say is this was pretty easy. There's a lot more of things that can be done animation, wrong character type skills, chat wrong places, porting anywhere (the colored text being most prominent of-course).
It does not matter which platform. IOS ANDROID CHROME.
I have an interest for this not really the game itself. Although do not attack me I do not change anything on the game itself, or do anything that will change the games economy I refrain from doing it because I too play games and know some players put real money into these games.

P.S I thought the text looked cool.

WoundedEagle
07-24-2012, 09:55 AM

It was me "Prolocuter" yes I understand the meaning of the word although I'm not an admin and neither work for Space Time Studios.

All I can say is this was pretty easy. There's a lot more of things that can be done animation, wrong character type skills, chat wrong places, porting anywhere (the colored text being most prominent of-course).
I have an interest for this not really the game itself. Although do not attack me I do not change anything on the game itself, or do anything that will change the games economy I refrain from doing it because I too play games and know some players put real money into these games.

Interesting.

Yich
07-24-2012, 12:34 PM
Prolocuter... New god of pocket legends?

Suentous PO
07-24-2012, 03:19 PM
Aahh, we meet again. Thanks for writing back, and I appreciate the info. I'm a reformed Luddite with a lot to learn. Welcome to the forums if ya decide to stick around.
Cheers

LwMark
07-24-2012, 04:09 PM
I think its awesomeeee

Rockxout
07-24-2012, 08:26 PM
Same way u hack any game on a CPU. Find the files decipher the code and change it to what u want. He could be a programmer in his real life. Google probably would have a definitive answer. I have some experience with this when I dabbled in private servers for wow. Yu can change a number of things like stat scaling speed boosts and other such things. So I really wouldn't see how u wouldn't be able to change text color the same way. I have a 2nd gen jbroken iPhone I'll charge up download pl and see if there is anything on the jailbroke app store that would do such a thing give me about 30 min I'll look into it a little further.

But as far as I know really the only thing jailbreaking a device does besides disabling apple purchases lets u download free games that for the most part aren't available in the apple store for the most part anyways. Although I could be wrong here since I haven't jailbroken phone since don't use it for a router anymore ;D

FluffNStuff
07-24-2012, 08:42 PM

Just keep it to yourself, please! One of those things you mentioned would completely ruin the game if it got out.

Rockxout
07-24-2012, 08:58 PM
After a little personal research. There are plenty of ways to do it on a non jailbroken device after just playing with iPad. Won't get into detail about it but something should be don't about this. I know a couple mmos if u change anything in some of these areas it wouldn't even let u log in. Something should be done about this.

Color not such a big deal to me was referring to other areas that could be messed with that would be detrimental to the game.

Suentous PO
07-24-2012, 10:33 PM
I appreciate the white hat diplomacy in not blabbing, and possibly encouraging jerks.

McBain
07-24-2012, 10:57 PM
Very interesting. Be careful though. Messing with the game's code, no matter how benign it may be, would I'm sure get you an instant device ban if STS finds out. Although I guess that's not such a big deal since, by your own words, you're not all that into the game. Props on not divulging details, as I'm sure that would prompt an all-out haxorz assault on STS games. Even still, though, just knowing that it can be done might give folks with nothing better to do an excuse to try and mess with it for all the wrong reasons. So, STS...check your code, bros.

Subscriber
07-24-2012, 10:59 PM
That's extra neat.

Justg
07-24-2012, 11:14 PM
Yes, please be cool. Messing with the game is definitely against the TOS.