PDA

View Full Version : Massively has Arcane Legends News from E3

Samhayne
06-06-2012, 09:46 AM
11871 (http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/06/06/e3-2012-spacetime-studios-demos-another-smash-legends-hit/)

The Gaming Industry's annual round up of what's new and coming, E3, is underway. Massively caught up with Spacetime Studios Director of Marketing, Fernando Blanco, to learn more about Arcane Legends. Here is a snippet:

I was able to sit down with Fernando Blanco, Director of Marketing, at E3 to see a demo for the game, which they showcased on two tablets -- including a Kindle Fire. It was quite impressive.

"We've essentially built up a best-practices of game design in Arcane." Fernando Blanco told me during our interview. "We took what people really liked from Dark, we took what people really liked from Star, and we combined them."

The game stays true to the original formula by giving players a choice of three classes: a warrior, a rogue, and one cool-looking sorcerer. Immediately there was a noticeable improvement in the visual quality of the game. Textures, polygons, and environments were more lush and alive. Hanging banners literally swayed in the wind. Action animations combined polygonal graphics and cel-shaded graphics to give it a more animated feel. The lighting was certainly more dynamic and vibrant than the previous titles.

Charge attacks and combos have returned to Arcane to give a more rounded action experience. Auto-attack was removed, so no more click-and-wait mechanics. Spacetime kept the same control style with the virtual joystick -- if it's not broken, don't fix it. Along with these changes are inclusions of more special items, rare drops, and enough quests in the world to satisfy the casual and even hardcore gamer. Destructible environments are included, so if you hate tables, kegs, and chairs, feel free to destroy all the wooden creations in the game to your heart's content.

What's refreshing to see is that there is more story to the newcomer than the previous titles. What often can suffer in mobile MMO games is the lack of story, and Spacetime is planning to reveal their game story in chapters.

Click here to read the full article on Massively. (http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/06/06/e3-2012-spacetime-studios-demos-another-smash-legends-hit/)

Phoenixking
06-06-2012, 09:48 AM
I am excite. 'nuff said.

Mitchturbo
06-06-2012, 10:11 AM
Sounds really good!, looking forward to this!

octavos
06-06-2012, 10:12 AM
updating FAQ, thz sam.

Seiyen
06-06-2012, 10:17 AM
Coool

Sent from my hand using Tapatalk 2

TYRANTO
06-06-2012, 10:22 AM
nice nice

Skeletonlord
06-06-2012, 10:30 AM
The bottom of that article said that we will be hoping for an "August" release. I cannot wait to see some teasers.

Great news Sam :)

Elyseon
06-06-2012, 10:30 AM
So will it have energy?

Seiyen
06-06-2012, 10:31 AM
So will it have energy?

Energy is fun lol

Sent from my hand using Tapatalk 2

Swede
06-06-2012, 10:41 AM
So will it have energy?

No plans for an Energy system at this time.

ExperimentNebulaCore
06-06-2012, 10:50 AM
So will it have energy?

No plans for an Energy system at this time.

Please no energy DX. Unless, its like pl, where u can host games, and same functions, and dl ehere there are small cut scenes. (For bonus money and xp).

RedRyder
06-06-2012, 01:08 PM
Please no energy DX. Unless, its like pl, where u can host games, and same functions, and dl ehere there are small cut scenes. (For bonus money and xp).

They're already taking it away from DL's 3D mission in its next client, so idk why they'd include it in AL lol. We'll probably see this game September

ArtStar
06-06-2012, 10:51 PM
Looks good :D

tearacan
06-07-2012, 06:26 AM
pictures or it didn't happen ;)

nice going STS, ill wait in a dark corner at blackstar...

Appleisaac
06-07-2012, 09:28 AM
woooahh wooahh woah, did they say smashable environments? O.o AWESOMEEES

akfury
06-07-2012, 01:29 PM
very nice :D so excited

Walkhardd
06-07-2012, 01:34 PM
This game looks right up my alley.

Dynastu
06-08-2012, 07:04 PM
This game sounds great!

It might also be nice if this game has a better soundtrack than the other Legends games, like in the classic video games where they typically have good music. I did notice that Star Legends and Dark Legends had slightly better soundtracks than Pocket Legends, though.