PDA

View Full Version : im new should i spend all my attribute on dexterity??

ChikinWings
08-20-2010, 12:48 AM
well yea i just downloaded this game from app store and didnt expect anything at all but dang i am really impressed by what this phone game can do

anyway i been leveling up and well the guide thing say to fous on dex becuz im archer but is that what i shud do everytime i get attribute point?
sepend it all on dex? do spending it on strength and intelligence do much? help at all?
how should i spend my attribute points plz help

Raxie
08-20-2010, 01:45 AM
if you are archer put everything into dex. it increases your dps, dodge and critical by a lot.

KingFu
08-20-2010, 02:03 AM
Full dex most definitely. More crit, hit, dodge, and dps, archers are mainly nukes, and dps based. So they will help take down the big guys, and in pvp, nuke the opponents. Have fun!

LIGHTNINGLORD67
08-20-2010, 09:01 AM
Actually, not to be a loner, get 11 STR and 11 INT first because you will receive one health and mana regenerate per second, which is really helpful. Then the rest into dex :).

Elffy
08-21-2010, 03:34 PM
Don't need 11 int , mediatation will cover all your mana recovering needs

vulgarstrike
08-21-2010, 05:10 PM
don't need anything with Thoth and Isis.

Archerotfl
08-29-2010, 09:12 PM
Full dex most definitely. More crit, hit, dodge, and dps, archers are mainly nukes, and dps based. So they will help take down the big guys, and in pvp, nuke the opponents. Have fun!

Archer's aren't nukes? they are four-second miniguns...

Snakespeare
08-30-2010, 06:27 PM
Actually, not to be a loner, get 11 STR and 11 INT first because you will receive one health and mana regenerate per second, which is really helpful. Then the rest into dex :).

You only need enough of the primary stat (Dex for Archers) to equip the best item at that level. For instance, the best bow at level 19 in my opinion is the Auto-crossbow of Finesse. It needs a 61 Dex. And Sniper's Crossbone Bow at level 35 needs 109 Dex. Obviously, at 19 you will have spent 90 points (5 x 18), so there's 29 points to spend on other attributes. By level 35, you will have 61 points left over.

I spread these points evenly between the other two stats, because 1 increases mana regen and the other increases health regen.

Now you see these people say this stuff about Thot and Isis items, those are for level 45 players. When you get to level 45, if you are lucky, you might have these items from treasure drops. Items "of Thoth" increase mana regen by 6 per second, and those "of Isis" increase health in the same way.

Others say that if you tap the meditation skill every time it becomes available, you can regen your mana sufficiently. Is that true? I don't find it to be in accordance with my style of play. I tend to focus, break armor, scream, shatter, then repulse. That about runs out my mana. Until I got to level 43 and donned my Thoth leathers, I was chugging mana pots constantly, even with the meditation skill.

So, in my opinion, which is the minority opinion, put half on int and half on str.

BTW, some people say 11 and some say 20 is the number to increase M/s or H/s by 1, but others say this is rounded and you actually need 20. 11 is really only giving you .55 points per second, they say. I do know that, while .55 rounds by algebraic rules to 0, in C code it rounds to 1. (I'm a tech writer, not a programmer, so consider the source.)

Anyhow, it usually works out to be 3 less than your level. For instance, with 29 leftover points at 19th, add 14 to the stat that started at 2 and 15 to the stat that started at one. Result, at 19, 16s in both other stats. Again, at level 35, you would have 32s on your non-primary stats.

But I warn you that most people disagree with me.

bmc85uk
08-30-2010, 07:24 PM
Health and Mana regen is increased fractionally by Strength and Intelligence, putting 11-20 in each will put you past the 1.0 threshold for it to show up on your stats sheet, but all characters start with around 0.5.

After the threshold to gain 1 regen, it's roughly 40 points per 1 H/s & M/s, but it does increase gradually, so 20 points would add 0.5, you just don't see the number until it becomes a whole each time.

TwinkTastical
08-31-2010, 01:56 AM
Umm Just a QUESTION would someone new to PL know what everything you guys are saying means..?

SIMPLE: Put em in dex.

Elffy
08-31-2010, 04:44 AM
Dex is always a good choice as it will increase your dps even if the description doesn't say so

FluffNStuff
08-31-2010, 10:03 AM
Umm Just a QUESTION would someone new to PL know what everything you guys are saying means..?

SIMPLE: Put em in dex.

Base strategy for new players. Every time you level, put 3 points into your primary stat, then 2 points into dex. If your primary stat is dex, then you are adding 5 points into dex each time.