PDA

View Full Version : What is the purpose of mage in ekenta's lair?

worshipped
09-25-2021, 01:42 AM
So after yesterday's update which slightly buffed wars and nerfed rogs, i was surprised that mage wasnt included. But i have to say, sts did a "pseudo-nerf" on mages. So it seems that ekenta cannot take dot. If we take at mages most used skills, fireball,ice,clock, curse etc, all have dot effects. Since dot doesnt work on ekenta harder to proc staff and thus less dmg (curse doesnt work either ). Talking about staff the gun isnt useful against the boss since dot isnt working. Also even with the mages arcane shield, we still take the slowdown debuff and dmg debuff from boss.

Lastly,I just want to point out the irony in sts' claims. They said that they are going to release arcanes slowly overtime so that 76 arcanes are gonna be useful for longer. And proceeds to stop proc stack. And remove dot effects from the only viable gold farm map. That is, they just made 3/6 of the existing 76 arcane weapons to be "completely useless". Not even gonna talk about 71 armoe being nore useful than 76 armors for mage :/

Sent from my Redmi 6 Pro using Tapatalk

tailwarrior
09-25-2021, 02:03 AM
yea frnd it's time sell all gears since all the old gears are gonna get outdated. I agree with mage class being a crowd control(stun,freeze,clocked) and it's unfair to see dot not working. Now they even stopped skratch dot and leaves them with debuff. So I assume the same is done with rouge bow too.

Sent from my M2010J19CI using Tapatalk

Perogol
09-25-2021, 02:34 AM
Rip mage haha

EpicX
09-25-2021, 02:57 AM
Providing moral support to teammates/ cheerleading!

Willl
09-25-2021, 03:13 AM
I didnt even try to run ekenta now on mage, rly dot skills have no effect on ekenta?? and even with arc shield mages get slowed??

This goes over any logic.... I ll not bother myself or angry for this... No common sense and no point to run it

Just wait n see next update what will happen xD

Analytical
09-25-2021, 03:14 AM
yea frnd it's time sell all gears since all the old gears are gonna get outdated. I agree with mage class being a crowd control(stun,freeze,clocked) and it's unfair to see dot not working. Now they even stopped skratch dot and leaves them with debuff. So I assume the same is done with rouge bow too.

Only a selective few would be able to afford new arcanes, considering that they are likely 100-150m+ each piece.

The majority would still have to stick with old gears for a good 4-6 months after release. Including the time for sts to release them, that would be about 8-10 months plus before we can start seeing more ppl use 81 arcanes. And I would estimate them to be about 50m-80m per piece (for each class) at this point which is still quite expensive for the average player. If you compare it to 76 arcanes, the difference is quite huge: Skratch staff clean is about 15m, clean Doz Axe about 7m and clean Duggar dagger about 35m-40m+.

So chances are high that people would hold 76 arcanes for at least a year or more.

tailwarrior
09-25-2021, 03:22 AM
Only a selective few would be able to afford new arcanes, considering that they are likely 100-150m+ each piece.

The majority would still have to stick with old gears for a good 4-6 months after release. Including the time for sts to release them, that would be about 8-10 months plus before we can start seeing more ppl use 81 arcanes. And I would estimate them to be about 50m-80m per piece (for each class) at this point which is still quite expensive for the average player. If you compare it to 76 arcanes, the difference is quite huge: Skratch staff clean is about 15m, clean Doz Axe about 7m and clean Duggar dagger about 35m-40m+.

So chances are high that people would hold 76 arcanes for at least a year or more.true makes sense

Willl
09-25-2021, 04:26 AM
I didnt even try to run ekenta now on mage, rly dot skills have no effect on ekenta?? and even with arc shield mages get slowed??

This goes over any logic.... I ll not bother myself or angry for this... No common sense and no point to run it

Just wait n see next update what will happen xD

Willl
09-25-2021, 04:28 AM

So chances are high that people would hold 76 arcanes for at least a year or more.

Like old times wehere only a few could afford maul and kershal... Im scared to see this economy back after 7 years.

They should add zodias lock dropping from all 7 bosses which contains new arcanes

Advocacies
09-25-2021, 06:31 AM
No wonder i hardly proc my staff while battling against the boss lol dot doesn't affect wtf man new expansion is f xd warrior gears droppings , low dmg with warrior and mage class , removing of proc stacking, rog gears getting more expensive because of proc stacking removal probably best thing to do is sell all gears and just sit in pier chatting with people

Stephencobear
09-25-2021, 09:11 AM
Stupid to give bosses dot & or debuff immunity

trade
09-25-2021, 09:14 AM
just ask 3 rogues run with you, anyways u won't run this bs more than 1 time haha
better would be ask "whats purpose of ekenta lair"

ndyfixer
09-25-2021, 03:54 PM
Just use drag staff and combo with any bd AA/hb pet [emoji25]

Sent from my M2010J19SG using Tapatalk

worshipped
09-25-2021, 04:18 PM
Just use drag staff and combo with any bd AA/hb pet [emoji25]

Sent from my M2010J19SG using TapatalkYes ofc,accorsing to you, using a lvl 41 weapon in a lvl 81 map is the solution. Expect "*nerf dragon staff pliz*" threads soon. Smh

Sent from my Redmi 6 Pro using Tapatalk

ndyfixer
09-25-2021, 04:30 PM
Yes ofc,accorsing to you, using a lvl 41 weapon in a lvl 81 map is the solution. Expect "*nerf dragon staff pliz*" threads soon. Smh

Sent from my Redmi 6 Pro using TapatalkWhile waiting for 81 arcane, use anything that work on ekenta.

Sent from my M2010J19SG using Tapatalk

umarrahim
09-25-2021, 05:08 PM
While waiting for 81 arcane, use anything that work on ekenta.

Sent from my M2010J19SG using TapatalkI do u one better, farm DM

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

Oakmaiden
09-25-2021, 07:24 PM
I don’t want new arcs yet, I want to play content without dying 6/7 times(auto pots on). According to all my lixes 9.5 min on one boss.

will0
09-25-2021, 11:35 PM
the mobs / boss reflections is more op than the players damage .... worst for mage using Time / Ice with DOTS insta death

Mitsooos
09-26-2021, 01:32 AM
With ds die just fine.
I want to try the new legendary set 6/6 because seams very weird to me to release a full set with not proc weapon, maybe bosses like to die with 0 procs.

Nocturnus
09-26-2021, 03:11 AM
With ds die just fine.
I want to try the new legendary set 6/6 because seams very weird to me to release a full set with not proc weapon, maybe bosses like to die with 0 procs.

wtf I hadn't thought about it ahh lol

Tuhguhbuhbuh
09-26-2021, 10:32 AM
Cheer Leading.

Terracraft
09-26-2021, 11:06 PM
Proc stack removed,War buff,rog nerf,removed dot,removed aa pet,guess what next update?
Removing mage from the game.

umarrahim
09-27-2021, 12:04 AM
Proc stack removed,War buff,rog nerf,removed dot,removed aa pet,guess what next update?
Removing mage from the game.To be fair, mage are dominating in the only useful map left in the game, Deep Marsh.

Avta
09-27-2021, 08:29 AM
We are cute cheerleaders!

~Avta~