PDA

View Full Version : Possibility for replacement of COP?

Noodleleg
06-08-2012, 11:57 AM
Uhm... First off... Friendly discussion lol...
I'm thinking the new "COP" will be a different color scheme so that it doesn't match with COP, NHS, and MFA. Maybe it'd be completely different and won't have a set bonus with NHS and MFA? Restarting a new vanity set bonus? Different sparkles? It doesn't seem rational to match a new elite vanity cap helm with old armor and shield. What do you guys think?

Lowlyspy
06-08-2012, 12:02 PM
The new vanity working with the old seems rational enough to me. The old vanity barely matches itself anyway.

(i see this going about as well as all the others.)

Phoenixking
06-08-2012, 12:03 PM
Uhm... First off... Friendly discussion lol...
I'm thinking the new "COP" will be a different color scheme so that it doesn't match with COP, NHS, and MFA. Maybe it'd be completely different and won't have a set bonus with NHS and MFA? Restarting a new vanity set bonus? Different sparkles? It doesn't seem rational to match a new elite vanity cap helm with old armor and shield. What do you guys think?
Im thinking the new "COP" will have a completely different look+color scheme, I'm pretty sure it'll give a set bonus with old elite vanities. And it does seem rational that it does

Dragonrider023
06-08-2012, 12:10 PM
Sorry MFA?

EDIT: oh Mount Fang Armor

Zeus
06-08-2012, 02:16 PM
I think the new vanity will start it's very own set. Would be the best of both worlds. :)

Cahaun
06-08-2012, 02:25 PM
We should all remember that it's not always about the stats, but a symbol of hard work and achievement :)

JaytB
06-08-2012, 02:36 PM
I think the new vanity will start it's very own set. Would be the best of both worlds. :)

One thing to consider IMO, would be that it means that relatively new players, who grinded to 66 to get fang armor, only did it to get a worthless (stats wise) vanity item.

Among the newer players, who grinded to 66 as their first cap, I'm sure many of them did that expecting to get a vanity set bonus during this next (71) lvl cap.

If STS would just start a new vanity set from scratch, I can't help but think that those players will be very upset.

Whatever the case may be, we'll know soon enough I guess :)

Phoenixking
06-08-2012, 02:39 PM
One thing to consider IMO, would be that it means that relatively new players, who grinded to 66 to get fang armor, only did it to get a worthless (stats wise) vanity item.

Among the newer players, who grinded to 66 as their first cap, I'm sure many of them did that expecting to get a vanity set bonus during this next (71) lvl cap.

If STS would just start a new vanity set from scratch, I can't help but think that those players will be very upset.

Whatever the case may be, we'll know soon enough I guess :)I would be very upset >:(

And I HEARD that if you match one elite vanity with another it would equal a bonus, so rare chance that'll be a whole new different set

Appleisaac
06-08-2012, 02:51 PM

If STS follows the same cycle they did before (helmet, shield armor), it will be quite a while before any of those players get their armor replaced.

Swimmingstar
06-08-2012, 02:53 PM

Get that from Hannah Montana? :D

JaytB
06-08-2012, 03:10 PM
If STS follows the same cycle they did before (helmet, shield armor), it will be quite a while before any of those players get their armor replaced.

I realize that, but I was talking about the bonus, not the item :)

Suentous PO
06-08-2012, 03:21 PM
I missed cop not by much , so if it wouldn't combine with my shield & armor, I would have to wait like another year or so to get the bonus I've been working on for over a year so far. I'd silently nerdrage.

Elitephonix
06-08-2012, 03:23 PM
We should all remember that it's not always about the stats, but a symbol of hard work and achievement :)

Nah, its all about stats. LOL :P

Zeus
06-08-2012, 05:05 PM

Whatever choice you choose, people will be upset.

I think it should create an entire new set. Here's why: This would appease the full set owners who say their CoP would be useless. It wouldn't, they could choose between sets, New Elite Set vs. Old Elite Set.

The L66 armor is pretty eye appealing too, so those who grinded could use it to boast, "Hey, I made it to at least one of the old elite caps!".

Also, remember, the original CoP gave no bonus. People grinded because they felt like it and wanted the items for its looks.

Going to try to keep it a friendly debate, haha. :)

JaytB
06-08-2012, 05:54 PM
Whatever choice you choose, people will be upset.

I think it should create an entire new set. Here's why: This would appease the full set owners who say their CoP would be useless. It wouldn't, they could choose between sets, New Elite Set vs. Old Elite Set.

The L66 armor is pretty eye appealing too, so those who grinded could use it to boast, "Hey, I made it to at least one of the old elite caps!".

Also, remember, the original CoP gave no bonus. People grinded because they felt like it and wanted the items for its looks.

Going to try to keep it a friendly debate, haha. :)

Haha, true that people will be upset no matter what and I also agree that this is a sensitive topic to discuss :)

Lots of comments have been posted on the thread Sam made, with IMO valid arguments that newer players should get a chance to earn their own persistence set. So, I'm all for that. But reading the forums for the past 6 months, I've seen many people ask if they should do the grind to 66 in order to get fang armor. More often than not, the reply they got from forum members new and old, was that they should go for it because almost everyone assumed that it would make a 'set' with the next (71) vanity item. And although no dev has officially confirmed that and it's never good to assume things, I'm positive that many people spent plat and grinded their way to 66, so they also would have a vanity set bonus for the next (71) cap. Letting them wait until lv76 cap (another 6 months with AL coming out?), until they can finally enjoy a set bonus, IMO just doesn't sound right.

About the 'old' vanity set owners, it would IMO even be more appealing for them if they could combine their old items with the new items, and still sport a set bonus. Maybe a different bonus than with the 'all-new' future vanity set? Although I can imagine that could become complicated. But that would allow older players for even more variety in looks, while still keeping their set bonus. And, who knows, maybe the stats on the 71,76,81 vanity set blows the old one out of the water, leaving nothing but looks.

With all that being said, it would be kind of 'weird' to get a bonus when STS is clearly 'rebooting' the vanity set cycle.

Ow well, I guess the only thing we can do, is wait and see. Personally, I'm fine with whatever STS decides to implement, I'll be grinding for that 71 cap anyway :)

Matutd
06-08-2012, 05:56 PM
I'm not gonna be happy if it doesn't make a set with mt fang armour. I capped this time so I could make a set. This is first time I capped and I used plat to cap for the set only. If not I'm gone be pretty gutted.

Zeus
06-08-2012, 06:02 PM
Nevertheless, whatever is going to happen, I want a harder cap. This one was too easy. I capped Apollo in the first two days and Zeus within less than a week.

Whirlzap
06-08-2012, 06:05 PM
Nevertheless, whatever is going to happen, I want a harder cap. This one was too easy. I capped Apollo in the first two days and Zeus within less than a week.
Needs more 300k EXP caps.

Bebsi
06-08-2012, 09:50 PM
Needs more 300k EXP caps.

Ever tried to do it without elixier? ;)
The runs will take longer and ur party won't grind with U many hours every day.
U surely will have a mixed party over the day and without elixier a 100k grind can take very very, veeeery long xD

Buddyf97
06-08-2012, 11:40 PM
I don't know why everyone is making a big deal over this! The crown of persistence isn't loosing any value! It is still the very first elite vanity, still an old school item. Sport you COP! Show the newer players that u did the original grind! As of now, COP owners are becoming greedy IMO. Like you didn't see this coming? It is not "replacing" the COP, just providing another option.
-Buddyf

Otukura
06-09-2012, 12:13 AM

Keep telling yourself that.

JaytB
06-09-2012, 03:47 AM
I don't know why everyone is making a big deal over this! The crown of persistence isn't loosing any value! It is still the very first elite vanity, still an old school item. Sport you COP! Show the newer players that u did the original grind! As of now, COP owners are becoming greedy IMO. Like you didn't see this coming? It is not "replacing" the COP, just providing another option.
-Buddyf

What post in this thread sounds greedy in your opinion? It might be just me, but I can't find it.

Appleisaac
06-09-2012, 08:24 AM
What post in this thread sounds greedy in your opinion? It might be just me, but I can't find it.

I think he was referring to Whirl's thread. This thread is pretty civil.

Zeus
06-09-2012, 12:26 PM
Just going to say this, will you founders be okay with it if a similar vanity helm was released with the exact same stats to everybody?

Last time I checked y'all made a big deal about it.

Floating
06-09-2012, 12:47 PM
If it was for lvl 71 and it gave the stats only as a part of the whole vanity set then no. Otherwise for lower lvl I would not be happy about it

Zeus
06-09-2012, 01:57 PM
If it was for lvl 71 and it gave the stats only as a part of the whole vanity set then no. Otherwise for lower lvl I would not be happy about it

There we go, you guys want to have your cake and eat it too. It's largely hypocritical.

RedRyder
06-09-2012, 02:54 PM
Just going to say this, will you founders be okay with it if a similar vanity helm was released with the exact same stats to everybody?

Last time I checked y'all made a big deal about it.

I wouldn't care :p I'm over the whole thing now lol

Zeus
06-09-2012, 02:58 PM
I wouldn't care :p I'm over the whole thing now lol

At the time you did.

Elixirgod
06-09-2012, 03:04 PM
At the time you did.

hah :)

Elyseon
06-09-2012, 03:13 PM
It's not a new CoP, it's a whole new helm, not even confirmed to make bonus with 61 and 66 items

Kaytar
06-09-2012, 03:28 PM
I think the new COP will start a new vanity set. I don't know though, we will see when humania gets here

Noodleleg
06-10-2012, 05:39 PM
Hmm so far so friendly... I'm in the mood to flame though =p

Charmstrange
06-10-2012, 08:18 PM
Hello all :)
Here is what I appreciate about this:
During the days of the sewer cap I played for countless hours on locked characters with a great group of friends for scaled farming of L51 items. We had so much fun, all the time. Locking our characters at 51/52 required great gear (like 4-6 sets of legendary gear for one dual spec character), dual spec cleverness, stat boosting (before the gear stat requirements were changed), refined team play dynamics, cooperation and commitment to accomplish what we did. It was an awesome time, and I think many would agree that farming the sewers with a 52-or-lower team took skillful play to do right.

As for the CoP, it wasn't an "Elite Vanity", it was a regular item that would actually break the set bonus of end-game sets. Many of us played extensively in what I consider to be the elite pve environment of scaled farming, as reaching the cap didn't seem as rewarding as what we were doing in-game every day. Consequently, we didn't put in the same amount of time into our end-game characters and never got the CoP.

For some, that may not make me "leet" enough, or "old school" enough for the CoP, and that's ok with me. When the CoP was turned into an elite vanity, I was a bit disappointed that I never capped a 56 character, but I would never trade it for all the fun we had!

So, now I appreciate the opportunity to work for the vanity set bonus, as well as the effort of STS to make the stat bonuses and cool vanities available for newer players. I never agreed that just because I started earlier than another player then I should always have an advantage that they can never attain. I'm not sure why people get so angry about this topic (I don't pvp, so maybe that's where the bonuses make more of a difference?), but I think it should rather be motivating that players can't just rest on their previously-acquired laurels to stay on top. After all, the full Enchanted set that I crafted myself and the 3 full Cyber sets in my stash don't help me much in Mt Fang! But at least I almost have enough snowballs to kill Count Vlod solo, and no one can ever take that away from me lolzzzzzzzzzz

Props to the players that did cap to 56. Those days were different; L56 players were rare compared to the hoards of L66 characters today, and it always felt special when my L56 friends dropped in for a few runs.

Humania is going to be tons of fun, I'm looking forward to playing with old friends and making new ones when the new campaign comes out.