PDA

View Full Version : Hide Vanity Items?

Energizeric
06-08-2012, 07:36 PM
I know this sounds silly, but I want to wear a vanity item for its bonus, and NOT for its looks....

My bear has a Fortified Gemstone Sword Set and also has the "Big Luck" vanity helm. The Fortified Helm looks much better, especially with the rest of the set. But I want to have the luck bonus given by the vanity helm, so I'm forced to look all goofy with two clovers on my head. I should have an option to wear the vanity helm but not have it show and have it look like I'm wearing my fortified helm.

Piosidon
06-08-2012, 07:57 PM
That's the point of a vanity

Just Give Me A Gold Cap!
06-08-2012, 10:29 PM
Not sure if this works for vanities... but try hiding ur helm in options.

Cahaun
06-08-2012, 10:37 PM
It's a vanity. Wear it or lose the stats.

Appleisaac
06-09-2012, 08:35 AM
Not sure if this works for vanities... but try hiding ur helm in options.

That only works with your actual helmet. Even if it did work with vanities, he would still have the same problem because his helmet would still be hidden. :P

Yich
06-13-2012, 12:46 AM
If you guys had this problem I am sure you would ask for the same thing. I dont think a "hide vanity" button would be too bad to have.

Entertaining
06-13-2012, 01:03 AM
I disagree with this idea. Wear the vanity or don't.

Noodleleg
06-13-2012, 10:59 AM
Well, unless it's a founder's... But the tournaments would be screwed up o_O! People hiding vanities =p...

Energizeric
06-13-2012, 07:11 PM
I'm sure the original purpose of a vanity item was to change the way your character looks. It was not to add a bonus. Rings were for that. Now that they have bonus items, some of us want the bonus but do not want to change how our character looks. That is how rings work, so why not for other items? There should be an option to show your vanity or your regular item.

Regarding tournaments being screwed up because people are hiding vanities, in case you failed to notice, when you are wearing a vanity then you are hiding your normal items. So the current system also allows people to hide their stuff. I could have a demonic set hidden under my vanity armor and helm and nobody would know. And I could have a ring adding 6 armor and nobody would know. So is it really a big deal to let me hide my "big luck" vanity helm?