PDA

View Full Version : Which of the two is better?

HunterSLAYER
06-09-2012, 01:29 AM
Razer/NOVA!

My Gm says Razer is better cos of dps. A friend called N said NOVA cos of base dmg.

What do you guys think?
P.s. Delphina uses Razer!

Sent from my LT26i using Xparent ICS Blue Tapatalk 2

*Zero*
06-09-2012, 07:11 AM
Well it depends on how you're building your toon. Do you want hit? Crit? Dodge?. Each gun has its own different stats. As a engineer I use razer and the blackstar shield for a even dose of hp and mana and crit.

ArtStar
06-09-2012, 07:44 AM
It depends on the class/build, you should be able to tell the difference when you get both guns :D

PianoWizzy
06-09-2012, 08:09 AM
Depends on what exactly you're playing.

For example, in Eng PvP, razer is probably best because DPS and the additional mana is rather important. Nova is ideal for the other two classes in PvP due to HP stats and damage [which means stronger abilities].'

etc etc

ArtStar
06-09-2012, 08:15 AM
Depends on what exactly you're playing.

For example, in Eng PvP, razer is probably best because DPS and the additional mana is rather important. Nova is ideal for the other two classes in PvP due to HP stats and damage [which means stronger abilities].'

etc etc

Or you can just use a Piano and kill tehm all!

flashbackflip
06-09-2012, 08:23 AM
I would like to add that yo skill damage corresponds with yo base damage, so - the more damage does yo gun - the more damage do yo skills

So, Nova really pimps yo all-around dmg, but, as ppl above said, u should choose according to yo play-style

PianoWizzy
06-09-2012, 09:22 AM
Or you can just use a Piano and kill tehm all!

*drops piano*

*squish*

Seiyen
06-09-2012, 11:54 AM
Nova better coz dps is a fake stat.
dmg is always better than dps

-Raghav

Cero
06-09-2012, 01:54 PM
Nova for it has a bloody red color.

akfury
06-09-2012, 09:48 PM
nova hands down

javier995
06-10-2012, 04:36 AM
I agree with what you guys have said.

Now let me break it down for you:

Theoretically, the obvious choice would be a nova.

Don't get me wrong, razor is a hell of a substitute.

Although, razor does crit/dps/mana boosts whereas nova gives the health/base damage boost.

In theory, nova is the best. Now let me explain why. Not only does it give that extra stuff, with a pink shield you'll have the set boost. The higher base damage assures you more damage per shot (on average) than that of a razor. More health is always good to have, whether it be PvP or PvE.

A razor is good too, but personally I don't like to use it as much. Sure the dps and crit are higher. Its just that, getting a critical hit is about luck and your dps is a somewhat false stat.

Yes, everyone will tell you it depends on your build. They're correct to an extent. I've tried numerous builds on my com and op. Sometimes I for full damage on com and sometimes I didn't, but nova ended up being better. Sometimes I went for a damage build op and sometimes I focused on kiting , there was a slight difference but nova was still better.

As for an engi, you'd think you want to do the most damage you can when you're in range, which brings us back to base damage.

This is all for PvP, is you aren't looking to PvP I suggest you stick with a l40 weapon since they're cheaper and you don't really need the extra boost in PvE.

A few points on each:
° Nova is expensive, obviously
° Razor is somewhat cheaper
° Nova tends to do better in both areas of the game
° Razor is cheaper
° Nova is the better gun of the two, otherwise it wouldn't be classified as the best gun in the game, currently, by many.
° Razor is cheaper

Now, if you have the money to spend, get a nova. If you don't, get a razor bc well its cheaper.

NOTE: For PvP, winning isn't guaranteed by a legendary weapon. Just bc you have a nova/razor doesn't mean you're automatically good. If you practice and get good, you'll be fine with almost any weapon.

Cahaun
06-10-2012, 05:21 PM
What about the Guttersnipe? :(

akfury
06-10-2012, 06:12 PM
What about the Guttersnipe? :(

worthless in pvp

Mothwing
06-10-2012, 06:27 PM
worthless in pvp

There's more to the game than PVP my friend. As said above, it all comes down to what class you're using. If you watched the video when they were released, it specifically said the class it was meant for next to the gun.

Guttersnipe - Engineer (Because of the regen)
ElectroRazer - Operative (DPS)
NovaBlaster - Commando

It really all comes down to personal preference, what the person feels comfortable using.

Ardon
06-10-2012, 06:42 PM
There's more to the game than PVP my friend. As said above, it all comes down to what class you're using. If you watched the video when they were released, it specifically said the class it was meant for next to the gun.

NovaBlaster - Commando

It really all comes down to personal preference, what the person feels comfortable using.

He never said it wasnt good. Just worthless in pvp

akfury
06-10-2012, 11:15 PM

NovaBlaster - Commando

as ardon said i was giving my pvp opinion i personally love the gutter in pve

Technique
06-11-2012, 02:10 AM
I personally use nova, but that's just my personal preference. Both the guns are very close to the same, I think they both have the same range. I'd say go with nova if you can afford it, if not razor is a cheaper alternative and works just as good.

*Zero*
06-11-2012, 06:26 AM
Razer here. As it matches my custom set...... ;p

Cero
06-11-2012, 09:43 PM
oh guttersnipe, I can still remmber when Our guild mmber got The FIRST guttersnipe. Dropped without Miner's Luck. He was Offered more than 1M(crazy right?) .. Sadly the deal was Off when THEY luanch the MLuck(.WTF devs?).

@topic, pve or pvp gutter sucks. compred to the other two

uhmaygawd, my bad. guttersnipe wasnt even the topic. it shows clearly how low the gutter is. anyhow just sharing:)