PDA

View Full Version : Help! Droid razr problem :(

plmafiaboss
06-09-2012, 02:36 PM
my droid razr wont stay on :( i really need it for the fact that its a fone and well... i need it for fone things. and PL ofc. but it stays on for like 10 seconds and restarts :/ it started like 2 hours ago and still dont work. if it restarts when it turns back on i can turn it off and it wont turn back on. then i can turn it back on and it continues to turn on and off by itself. :/ i dont know what to doooooooooooooooooo. help pleasse :(

rinzler
06-09-2012, 02:47 PM
You may need to contact Motorola or your wireless telephone provider to get this fixed.

MrGoober
06-09-2012, 03:02 PM
This is called a boot loop. You need to turn your phone off, press and hold the volume up button, volume down button, and power buttons all at the same time. When phone reboots it will have a screen with options. You need to select recovery and in there there should be an option for clear cache. Click on that and after it is finished hold your power button to recycle your phone and the boot loop should stop.

plmafiaboss
06-09-2012, 03:12 PM
This is called a boot loop. You need to turn your phone off, press and hold the volume up button, volume down button, and power buttons all at the same time. When phone reboots it will have a screen with options. You need to select recovery and in there there should be an option for clear cache. Click on that and after it is finished hold your power button to recycle your phone and the boot loop should stop.

trying this now. it just has a ! mark in a triangle with the little droid dude. .__.

plmafiaboss
06-09-2012, 03:21 PM
no option to clear cache it just goes through the dual core screen after i select recovery and that little picture comes up :/ that supposeed to happen?

Otukura
06-09-2012, 03:45 PM
The triangle is because you don't have a recovery image. I'd just flash Amon Ra's recovery, and then try what Goober says to do.

Can you run abd logcat and get me the output? I'd like to look at it.

Qqqxxxzzz
06-09-2012, 03:51 PM
Register to forum.xda-developers.com. go to your phone specific Q&A section and post your problem there. Link:http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1361 it's general section, but I didn't find Q&A for RAZR.

Sent from my U8800 using Tapatalk 2

plmafiaboss
06-09-2012, 04:00 PM
i hold down the 3 buttons and these come up

Normal Powerup
Recovery
AP fastboot
BP SBF Flash
BP Only
BP HW Diag & Boot AP
BP Tools

What did u want me to do otu??

Otukura
06-09-2012, 04:02 PM
Oh, abd logcat is when you're plugged into a computer.

Flashing a new recovery image would also require a computer, I'll find a guide on xda if you can do it.

plmafiaboss
06-09-2012, 04:04 PM
if i can plug into a computer?

Otukura
06-09-2012, 04:05 PM
Yeah

plmafiaboss
06-09-2012, 04:07 PM
why u want me to do that? i can do it now at work but y

Otukura
06-09-2012, 04:15 PM
To flash a new recovery image that would allow you to do what goober said to do needs a computer. So does running logcat.

plmafiaboss
06-09-2012, 04:19 PM
i did what goober said its still messed up. if i just let it turn on and off until it dies would that help :p then when i charge it would it b fine?

Qqqxxxzzz
06-09-2012, 04:52 PM
i did what goober said its still messed up. if i just let it turn on and off until it dies would that help :p then when i charge it would it b fine?

No, are you rooted?
What you did before this happend?

plmafiaboss
06-09-2012, 07:41 PM
im not rooted. right before this happened i went on skype and as i was typing it started this boot loop

plmafiaboss
06-09-2012, 07:55 PM
when i hold down the 3 buttons i can get to an option to do a factory reset. i didnt wanna do that cuz i got pictures of my girl and contacts and stuff i didnt wanna get rid of but if anyone knows if that would help ill do it

Qqqxxxzzz
06-10-2012, 02:16 AM
You can try factory reset. It will not format sdcard/internal sdcard (your pictures are in sdcard/internal sdcard). If it doesn't help, send it to warranty if you have it. If you don't, you can send to some repair service and pay. If you don't want pay, you must fix it your self. I don't know much about Motorola devices, so I can't help you more.