*Zero*
06-09-2012, 08:17 PM
Probably Monday. If not I dunno.

Glad
06-09-2012, 08:20 PM
The movie sucked.

Cahaun
06-09-2012, 08:23 PM
The brethren from Hackdirt kidnapped Gibber and are doing a blood sacrifice, Arcane Legends is distracting the devs along with Humania and the E3, or they're just not ready yet. :p

Dragonrider023
06-09-2012, 09:02 PM
The movie sucked.

i haven't watched it yet, why it sucked?

Ardon
06-09-2012, 09:04 PM
i haven't watched it yet, why it sucked?

It was okay. If you didn't watch the original alien movies you'll like it. But if you've seen og alien movoes than youll be underwhelmed, well i was. There are some plot holes but i enjoyed it.

Cahaun
06-09-2012, 09:20 PM
Was Weyland in it? I'd think Mr. Weyland Yutani will be involved in the story.

Ardon
06-09-2012, 09:31 PM

Not as much as youd expect

Cahaun
06-09-2012, 09:40 PM
Ok what did they do to Weyland? -_-'
You can PM me the answer if it's a spoiler

Deathpunch
06-11-2012, 10:19 AM

Just so you know, Charles Weyland, founder and CEO of Weyland Industries, and Ms. Yutani, founder and CEO of Yutani Corp., are two different people. Also, Charles Weyland died in Antarctica in AvP. That is, if you take the AvP movies as canon.

-----
This post has +5 to topic derailment.

Xaphan Fox
06-11-2012, 10:50 AM
The movie was wonderful, even taking in the fact that it precedes Alien.
There was also no major plotholes. Some elements you had to think about, but it is all there.

People don't like that it is more plot driven and more a thinker piece than the suspense and action of the following alien movies...

American short attention span aside: the movie is excellent with a wonderful story that pays its respects to the old era of science fiction.
Back before big budgets and emphasis on graphics and explosions; when all you had was story to chew on.

If you think there are plot holes, send me a pm. I will gladly full in the blanks.

Bark bark

Ultiaara
06-11-2012, 02:33 PM
Its probably not out yet because the developers could not have known about whats in the movie before it came out and the Avengers stuff came out before the movie probably because everyone knows what stuff is in the Avenger also, theres a event with it so they're probably still drawing all the monsters and drops and stuff.

flashbackflip
06-12-2012, 08:33 AM
Speaking of the movie (just watched it) - it really sucks imo. All drama is based on unknown concerns of unknown civilization... Guess what? They remain unknown! Lmao..

Also, ppl die not as dramatically as in Aliens series, they are not die-hard mercs fighting for each other - just a bunch of researchers weak and lousy

Speaking of event - After watching movie i'm really lost in guesses what items could be possibly used in SL........ There are no stuff i can see suitable for the game besides the flamethrowers..

Guns of researchers are laughable, space-suits are lookin just as our middle-gear with 'vintage helm' vanity... What else.. The spaceship?

Please post your wildest guesses on items if u've seen the movie...

Xaphan Fox
06-12-2012, 11:50 AM
Speaking of the movie (just watched it) - it really sucks imo. All drama is based on unknown concerns of unknown civilization... Guess what? They remain unknown! Lmao..

The civilization is not unknown... And their reasons for doing what they did/wanted to do is explained or obvious if you think about it.

Once again:
If things aren't fully handed to you and explained, today's movie audience seems helpless.

Woof

Also: flamethrowers

KillaSkillz
06-12-2012, 11:56 AM
They did say "prometheus movie release" they didn't mention theaters or the dvd release! :D

flashbackflip
06-12-2012, 01:34 PM
The civilization is not unknown... And their reasons for doing what they did/wanted to do is explained or obvious if you think about it.

If things aren't fully handed to you and explained, today's movie audience seems helpless

First, this is just one reason it sucked

Second - pm me the explanation of the mystery civ and their reason to destroy Earth, please
Answer the exact question (actually two): 'Y they created humanity and then decided to erase it?'

PS
Yeah, flamethrowers rule!

The Flash
06-12-2012, 01:50 PM
It was a great movie because of its plot. It wasn't a blockbuster because there wasn't much action. But a great plot beats action in my book. Best movie iv'e seen in last 5 years.

akfury
06-12-2012, 02:05 PM
First, this is just one reason it sucked

Second - pm me the explanation of the mystery civ and their reason to destroy Earth, please
Answer the exact question (actually two): 'Y they created humanity and then decided to erase it?'

PS
Yeah, flamethrowers rule!

pm me the reason as well cause im lost... and agree with flash it sucked

flashbackflip
06-12-2012, 02:15 PM
It was a great movie because of its plot. It wasn't a blockbuster because there wasn't much action. But a great plot beats action in my book. Best movie iv'e seen in last 5 years.

well, if you rate this best for 5 (!!!) years for plot - then check out at least 'moon 2112' (2009) - better, thiker, suspense-able plot

also, would recommend 'Inception' (2010) and 'Mr.Nobody' (2009) - if you like the plot - u'll love the plots ;)

Mitchturbo
06-12-2012, 02:20 PM
Everyone is entitled to their opinions, but I loved the movie and I can't wait to watch it again :-)

(Fanboy here!)

Xaphan Fox
06-12-2012, 04:00 PM
This movie wasn't about action... Or even suspense entirely. It's a plot driven piece like the old sci fi used to be before graphics existed and when action was always super cheese.

This story felt like some bradbury martian chronicles kinda stuff. Old school.

As to the plot that has people confused:
Spoilers
Spoilers
Spoilers
Spoilers
You've been warned...
Spoilers

The original humans, the engineers, created the xenomorphs(aliens). They did this on a desolate planet in podunk nowhere kinda like how we did nuclear tests in new Mexican desert or on tropical islands far from anyone or anything the engineers considered important.

The xenomorphs, after hatching as that larval/face hugger alien thing, require depositing their eggs in a host to be quickly birthed as the mature alien we see in the later movies.

The facility on the planet was a military or scientific outpost that was making a weapon. The movie does not say why they need millions of xenomorphs. We can only assume the engineers(ancient humans) have a larger threat it was manufactured for.

So the xenomorph needs a human host to reach its godform. The engineers are not going to use their own planet to let loose a million xenolarva to facehug their whole homeland. So they find a suitable planet, similar to their homeworld, to grow humans, the opening scene of the movie.

Early earth had carbon and water... It just needed the primordial ooze kickstart that engineer who seeded the planet gave it.

The engineers waited thousands of years for mankind to reach fruition as a suitable host species (mature and similar enough to the engineers themselves, whom are just humans 1000+ years further along the evolutionary ladder) so they can send many ships, each carrying many thousands of xenolarva ooze, to infest the whole planet and make a ark for their weapon.

The earth is a factory. Nothing more.

We made the android to be used as a tool.

They made us for the same reason.

The only thing the movie does not answer:
Why they were making the aliens to begin with. Their motives are not mentioned, nor does it really need to be. That is for a prometheus sequel. She is gonna go knock on their front door after all.

Who knows... Maybe the engineers, as a race, had no idea the xeno program was going on. When she lands on the homeworld, they might not even know humans had been seeded elsewhere. Perhaps, like any earth government's military does, this was a secret black ops kinda project. The engineer democrats gonna be pissed.

The movie also has some nice philosophical and theistic ties to it.

Purpose.
Reasons for existence.
Grand design... If their is one.

Movie was great. A movie with some unanswered questions is a good thing. Promotes thought and conversation.

Any more questions?

Woof

akfury
06-12-2012, 04:48 PM
wow that makes so much more since ... im no longer a hater but need to watch the movie again

flashbackflip
06-12-2012, 04:58 PM
Yep, now it's much clearer - i was late for 10-15 minutes, so did not see the starting sequence

Agree on the philosophical aspects - the closest answer to 'why?' was 'because we can' - by that archeologist guy - which made me think of quantum physicists, whom i know and who just don't care if a black hole (or whatever else) will b opened when bozons collide - they just want to do it 'because they can'...

Thanx, Fox!