PDA

View Full Version : Will luck elixirs be useful in Humania?

Physiologic
06-10-2012, 11:47 PM
Luck elixirs are currently not too helpful in our current end game content Mt Fang, as boss drops do not have a purple, negating the "re-rolled into better loot" into pink loot. Though having a general item re-roll into a pink is rare as well, I think that in end-game content bosses should still have a purple loot table that would somewhat help out with this issue (especially since good drops are much harder now).

Whirlzap
06-10-2012, 11:50 PM
They stopped having any use in Nuri's.
I doubt Humania will have any change, unless there is some big new gameplay revolution.

Physiologic
06-11-2012, 12:15 AM
You could've still technically re-rolled for a pink in Nuris since, if my memory serves me correctly, bosses dropped purple items there. It would be severely disappointing if the 40 Plat luck elixir were still being offered during Humania and drops did not include purples. Buyers unaware of how re-rolls work would be wasting Plat, hoping for a good re-roll albeit the low chance of it happening.

Pandamoni
06-11-2012, 01:16 AM
Buyers unaware of how re-rolls work would be wasting Plat, hoping for a good re-roll albeit the low chance of it happening.

This actually happened a lot in fang. I remember trying to explain it in guild chat one day and a lot of people had no clue that w out a purple there was no way to reroll for a pink.

NECROREAPER
06-11-2012, 04:28 AM
This actually happened a lot in fang. I remember trying to explain it in guild chat one day and a lot of people had no clue that w out a purple there was no way to reroll for a pink.

Must be a guild of bears (no INT)

In other news, hi Panda!!! :D

Rare
06-11-2012, 08:31 AM
Fang bosses drop purples. At least the Duke does (not sure if I've seen them from other bosses). Seems like the purples are more rare than the pinks though.

Phoenixking
06-11-2012, 08:37 AM
Must be a guild of bears (no INT)

In other news, hi Panda!!! :DMy bear has intelligence >:O

@aedenos I said that before too lol, and so does trash for what I see (grey letters)

Physiologic
06-11-2012, 05:42 PM
From what I've heard, only Vampires drop purples, and those are re-rolled into pink recipes.

Ixillicus
06-12-2012, 02:45 PM
Whoa.... I think there is some confusion.

You assert that the Luck Elixir is a guarantee re-roll to an item of one-level higher rarity. (IE a yellow turns green, a green turns purple, a purple turns pink). The issue you are reporting is that since the bosses do not drop purples, by buying this luck elixir you are functionaly wasting your money, because it will never be turned to a pink.

This would be correct, however... they changed the luck elixir after it was released so that it does not perform a "one-level higher" re-roll, it just does a regular re-roll and gives you the better of the two items.

Improved luck elixirs again. All loot that a mob will possibly drop is now considered when rerolling for loot.

This post was on 11/18 after we brought up this whole issue of no purples. The Elixir was introduced on the 15th, using the old mechanics. From what I've been told, the Luck Elixir in SL does follow the "one-level higher" format, while the one in PL doesn't.

Hope this clears up some of this confusion...

Dragonrider023
06-12-2012, 02:47 PM
Ang in MT fang vampire don't drop anything?

Swimmingstar
06-12-2012, 03:13 PM
Drops do include purples, they're just about more rare than pinks though.

Physiologic
06-12-2012, 10:30 PM
Whoa.... I think there is some confusion.

You assert that the Luck Elixir is a guarantee re-roll to an item of one-level higher rarity. (IE a yellow turns green, a green turns purple, a purple turns pink). The issue you are reporting is that since the bosses do not drop purples, by buying this luck elixir you are functionaly wasting your money, because it will never be turned to a pink.

This would be correct, however... they changed the luck elixir after it was released so that it does not perform a "one-level higher" re-roll, it just does a regular re-roll and gives you the better of the two items.

This post was on 11/18 after we brought up this whole issue of no purples. The Elixir was introduced on the 15th, using the old mechanics. From what I've been told, the Luck Elixir in SL does follow the "one-level higher" format, while the one in PL doesn't.

Hope this clears up some of this confusion...

Ah so they did eliminate that factor...I suppose it's somewhat improved. Thanks for the clarification!

Now for some math to see how much it improved...If the odds for a boss to drop a dragon vanity is 0.1%, then
(1)(1/1000), where 1/1 is 100% drop rate for killing a boss and 1/1000 is odds of getting a pink.
(1/4)(1/1000), where 1/4 is the odds of a reroll occurring from a thrasher luck and 1/1000 is odds of getting a pink on that re-roll.

(1)(1/1000) + (1/4)(1/1000) = .125% chance of getting a dragon vanity.

Previously the equation due to the factor of "pink begetting a pink" was

(1)(1/1000) + (1/4)(1/1000)(999/1000) = .124975% chance of getting a dragon vanity.

I guess .000025% increased odds if a dragon vanity is assumed to drop at a 0.1% rate is truly improved!