PDA

View Full Version : Price per slot?

RedRyder
06-11-2012, 12:49 PM
Before name reservations come in, I'd like to know the pricing on character slots. When we all reserved for DL, none of us knew that it'd be $5+ per slot. I reserve two chars for dl and have yet to retrieve one of the names. Is it going to be DL price? Or like PL?

My guess is pl, since extra slots in dl were a way to disregard energy in a way. Since there is no energy in AL, I don't see a need for expensive characters

wvhills
06-11-2012, 12:59 PM
I'm pretty confident it will be more like DL. Justg said plat prices are more in line with the market in DL so I think they'll stick with that pricing strategy. I also think that's why we're seeing a new game come out (AL) that is so similar to PL instead of just retrofitting PL- It's easier to start out with high plat costs/prices in a new game than to increase plat cost/prices in an existing game. All energy will go into the new higher priced DL and AL while PL and SL fade away. I had a good run in PL so I can't complain. :)

StompArtist
06-11-2012, 12:59 PM
^ The oracle is correct. imo

Sryyoulose
06-11-2012, 01:38 PM
Unfortuanately I think he may be right, that pisses me off because pl is amazing

akfury
06-11-2012, 02:55 PM
:( that is just ridiculous not very many people can afford that and the few who can will just make a new email and account no point in spending 5$ on a new character

Appleisaac
06-11-2012, 03:04 PM
If the prices of slots are as high as DL, I will not buying more then one slot.

RedRyder
06-11-2012, 03:37 PM
I guess I'll be doing multiple emails then, as annoying as it is lol :( rob is correct then that makes a lot of sense.

RIP PL/SL :p

akfury
06-11-2012, 04:54 PM
I guess I'll be doing multiple emails then, as annoying as it is lol :( rob is correct then that makes a lot of sense.

RIP PL/SL :p

yeah its very annoying but the only reasonable option we have.. if there priced like sl or pl ill buy them

Ardon
06-11-2012, 05:25 PM
Or maybe a compromise can be found that's in between pl/sl and dl.
Since the Dl prices were a bit justified being an older audience and from looks Al doesnt look like itll be rated M.

Snakespeare
06-11-2012, 05:33 PM
I agree that $5 for a new character slot is too much. I have three. I will certainly reserve two names. Even if I never play, I don't want others using them.

It cost more to buy the slots than to reserve them.

Elyseon
06-11-2012, 08:28 PM
Idk why they cant price it the same as PL and SL...
I'm sure they make plenty of money with that pricing

But yeh if it's as plat draining as DL count me out :/

More$ for plat
More expensive plat gear
Plat draining lotteries with low chances
Character slot price multiplied by 10
Can't even stash much to your other characters

Sry but with same theme as PL I'll just stay in Alterra

Urqui
06-11-2012, 09:10 PM
I really hope Robert is wrong. They should stick to the same prices as PL & SL. They still make a good amount of money from them.
Look at the Mother's Day bouquet weekend for example

A huge THANK YOU to all the players of Pocket Legends and Star Legends who purchased Mother's Day Bouquets to support our recent fund raising drive on Mother's Day weekend. Almost 3,000 Bouquets were sold and Spacetime Studios pitched in to round the fund raising up to an even $5,000 donation to The Breast Cancer Research Foundation (http://www.bcrfcure.org/) in support of their mission to find prevention and a cure for breast cancer! You guys are awesome; thank you again!

[CENTER]11309
PL

Plus, you'll feel great inside knowing that 50% of sales go to support The Breast Cancer Research Foundation's (http://www.bcrfcure.org/) mission to achieve breast cancer prevention and a cure in our lifetime.
SL

Plus, you'll feel great inside knowing that 50% of sales go to support The Breast Cancer Research Foundation's (http://www.bcrfcure.org/) mission to achieve breast cancer prevention and a cure in our lifetime.
It was 3 days long & they gave half their profits to breast cancer research(which was really cool) They made about $10,000 from these 3 days. That's like $5,000 from each game on a weekend. That's not bad at all:D
I really hope they do keep their plat prices same as their first 2 games...

octavos
06-11-2012, 09:27 PM
I believe Robert for the major reason the 2k plat option was going away permanently. Sam has stated that StS always are viewing the value per plat..so yea...I believe AL will fallow DL or even higher. But it depends what people will buy the most...eg: PL/SL=elix DL=vanitys and AL=? It would be safe to say that each game has to have a certain nitch to be profitable.

But I agree with Red, we need to know how much so we can plan ahead. :)

Elyseon
06-11-2012, 10:27 PM
AL's gonna be like $50 for 100 plat :P

akfury
06-12-2012, 12:16 AM
AL's gonna be like $50 for 100 plat :P

:( :( :( :( if it is im done with STS

RedRyder
06-12-2012, 09:35 AM
Well, I just hope the best weapons in game can't be bought. SL and DL are looking like the supreme/wallet-friendly choices. Unfortunately, pl is/has reached its creative limit, and SL will as well (if they ever even get content haha. You guys are going through PL's sewers phase).

If we want fresh, cool, content, we might have to depend on DL and AL, at least until they start work on yet another game nearing AL's next cap raise. It's looking like games > content :/.

octavos
06-12-2012, 10:00 AM
Well, I just hope the best weapons in game can't be bought. SL and DL are looking like the supreme/wallet-friendly choices. Unfortunately, pl is/has reached its creative limit, and SL will as well (if they ever even get content haha. You guys are going through PL's sewers phase).

If we want fresh, cool, content, we might have to depend on DL and AL, at least until they start work on yet another game nearing AL's next cap raise. It's looking like games > content :/.

PL and SL are so similar and DL and AL need additional features like World of warcraft. Its longevity and additional stuff has made it great and well known. addon to a game that everyone loves to make it the best. PVP and PVE is the extent of these games. I want one to be great (EG: traveling, bigger citys, encourage role playing, more stuff, mounts....ect..) I believe thats why blizzard hasn't created world of starcraft or world of diablo ect...but we hope as time moves forward that these will be thought long and hard. (Apk files or files for iOS shouldn't matter since 16-32Gb can now fit on a phones memory card) i play other large games on my phone just fine (starfront, asphalt 6, heavy gunner, GTA III, gezz the list can go on.) point being is games can be huge if StS would let them :p

RedRyder
06-12-2012, 10:49 AM
I think it's due to their engine. If it can take that kind of gaming lol.

octavos
06-12-2012, 11:03 AM
I think it's due to their engine.
well time for an upgrade wouldn't you say....engines can be modified and changed...like Quake (since inception, the game mechanics haven't changed)
a AL statement said things will be bigger and more populated...so maybe thats where the games are headed. hopping for a large world with tons more to do.
Not just kill, wait, buy elix, kill some more. ect...i want to kill chat, maybe play in a carnavel games win gold (nuris place :p), full world PVP, guild wars, ect...

StompArtist
06-12-2012, 12:53 PM
Based on JustG's statement, I also believe that the new pricing of DL will carry over to any new endeavor that STS embarks on from this point forward. They could be making more money in their eyes so to focus on newer and more expensive games would be the lucrative choice.

My major issue with this is the fact that PL has supported the other STS games from the beginning and to abandon ship at this point because there is more money to be made elsewhere bothers me to no end. It is unfortunately supported by the fact that DL is already receiving a client update, which is currently in review with Apple:

There is also the evidence that DL gets new vanity/gear updates regularly (Firebrand/Plagued/Ecliptic Moon gem/Electric Headsman/Biomorph...) compared to a few weekend/holiday events... and SL's Prometheus event. I know that there have been a few others I'm missing, but the bulk of content has been going the way of the new contender, while the founders are being left in the dust. Mount Fang went live in November of last year and since then PL has really failed to release any new content. While SL has been waiting since December, I though Star Legends was STS' baby, the game that they wanted to launch but had to place on the back burner, this is how important the game is to the devs now?

Finally, there is the final major issue of selling out your buying customers. I know that Apple somehow placed a road block in STS' path when they tried to make platinum universal currency; we lived with it then but now you asking us to leave thousands of plat just sitting in out virtual legends' pocket while the game goes under? I don't know what everyone else has but I have at least 1k in both games that I would love to be able to cart to a newer, fresher game with more frequent updates. Can't we implement anything to bypass that? A website option, a one time large amount transfer, something, anything? How can you expect us to place our faith in your company when our money may have an expiration date?

And this, my friends, is a reverse quotation.

Gluttony
06-12-2012, 01:09 PM
Nope.

Based on JustG's statement, I also believe that the new pricing of DL will carry over to any new endeavor that STS embarks on from this point forward. They could be making more money in their eyes so to focus on newer and more expensive games would be the lucrative choice.

My major issue with this is the fact that PL has supported the other STS games from the beginning and to abandon ship at this point because there is more money to be made elsewhere bothers me to no end. It is unfortunately supported by the fact that DL is already receiving a client update, which is currently in review with Apple:

Looks like the fix will be held up to go out when the new game client (currently in review with Apple) goes out.

There is also the evidence that DL gets new vanity/gear updates regularly (Firebrand/Plagued/Ecliptic Moon gem/Electric Headsman/Biomorph...) compared to a few weekend/holiday events... and SL's Prometheus event. I know that there have been a few others I'm missing, but the bulk of content has been going the way of the new contender, while the founders are being left in the dust. Mount Fang went live in November of last year and since then PL has really failed to release any new content. While SL has been waiting since December, I though Star Legends was STS' baby, the game that they wanted to launch but had to place on the back burner, this is how important the game is to the devs now?

Finally, there is the final major issue of selling out your buying customers. I know that Apple somehow placed a road block in STS' path when they tried to make platinum universal currency; we lived with it then but now you asking us to leave thousands of plat just sitting in out virtual legends' pocket while the game goes under? I don't know what everyone else has but I have at least 1k in both games that I would love to be able to cart to a newer, fresher game with more frequent updates. Can't we implement anything to bypass that? A website option, a one time large amount transfer, something, anything? How can you expect us to place our faith in your company when our money may have an expiration date?

Edit: New DL content already, before PL and SL actually: Read HERE (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/announcement.php?f=&a=40).

Phoenixking
06-12-2012, 01:30 PM
Star Legends is the one that's being hurt the most, Pocket Legends is doing rather good for what I see, but still it's in a bad state as well. There should be more updates if they can do the stuff they are doing with Arcane Legends then why not do the same with Star Legends and Pocket Legends like more bigger worlds more details skill trees and what not

RedRyder
06-12-2012, 04:05 PM
Star Legends is the one that's being hurt the most, Pocket Legends is doing rather good for what I see, but still it's in a bad state as well. There should be more updates if they can do the stuff they are doing with Arcane Legends then why not do the same with Star Legends and Pocket Legends like more bigger worlds more details skill trees and what not

Let's see what pl brings with this new client besides Humania and achievements before we decide it's
Fate. It's not looking good right now, but anything could change.

Phoenixking
06-12-2012, 04:14 PM
Let's see what pl brings with this new client besides Humania and achievements before we decide it's
Fate. It's not looking good right now, but anything could change.
I'm thinking there might be something rather interesting with skills, and that THE SKILLS would help
but if it's the dumb thing with a rank 7 then yeah

Flowman
06-13-2012, 05:38 AM
Meh everything about plat has kind of been bothering me lately. I think I'm just going to have my character romp around without any outfit or weapons on. The only reason to buy half this stuff is for looks since I don't waste my time with PvP, so if I eliminate looks entirely, I won't need to buy plat. I like supporting game companies and artists (I buy all my music from beatport and even pay the extra $1 per song for the best quality) but it's getting harder to justify plat purchases now.

RedRyder
06-13-2012, 01:16 PM
I'm thinking there might be something rather interesting with skills, and that THE SKILLS would help
but if it's the dumb thing with a rank 7 then yeah

We didn't see anything new with skills on the Humania preview. There could be new Passives, but we'll just have to wait and
See.

WolfShaman
07-05-2012, 02:00 PM
Valid points all around. STS knows what it wants to do, how to do it, and they're not going to change course now. The only way to force the issue is if [all] players were to drop off from playing allowing the servers to hum quietly with no activity.

That's unlikely to happen.

Ladylux
07-06-2012, 01:23 AM
It seems like STS doesnt quite care if they are letting SL/PL slip they arnt seeing it like us they are looking at it as what can make us the most possible money

HunterSLAYER
07-06-2012, 02:32 AM
So I learned in marketing in college that losing a customer is like losing $50,000 of lifetime revenue(depends on the type of business).

At this rate, if plat prices keep going up, not only would sts lose alot of customers, but also POTENTIAL customers as well.

They might as well come up with a subscription option, really.

P.s. I'M A VETERAN in Wow and I've been paying for the sub. for three years+ and counting....

Sent from my LT26a using Xparent ICS Blue Tapatalk 2

McBain
07-12-2012, 03:51 AM
I'm pretty confident it will be more like DL. Justg said plat prices are more in line with the market in DL so I think they'll stick with that pricing strategy. I also think that's why we're seeing a new game come out (AL) that is so similar to PL instead of just retrofitting PL- It's easier to start out with high plat costs/prices in a new game than to increase plat cost/prices in an existing game. All energy will go into the new higher priced DL and AL while PL and SL fade away. I had a good run in PL so I can't complain. :)

Here's the thing though: consumers (players) will ultimately decide which direction everything goes in through their actions. STS may have grand schemes to move things away from PL, but it hasn't happened yet, so it may not necessarily happen with AL either. I don't have any facts to back this up, but just based on personal experience, I know a lot of players in PL who don't even play the other STS games, yet I know very few people in DL or SL that don't also play PL. That suggests to me that PL is still the player's choice, but like I said, that's just a cross section from my experience and may not tell the whole story. Who knows, maybe AL will blow everyone away and make everybody forget about PL, but I do think higher prices and more heavily plat-oriented games will be a turn-off for a lot of people, myself included. That's not to say that I don't support STS and buy plat occasionally, but I'm not made of money is what I'm sayin'.

Anyway, I guess my point is that as long as people are playing PL, it won't probably won't be abandoned. If they try too hard to force everybody into a new game, they run the risk of turning veteran players like off STS altogether.

Elyseon
07-15-2012, 01:24 PM
They should just make a legit game, that costs, and that's enjoyable without loads of in app purchases

HunterSLAYER
07-16-2012, 01:05 AM
They should just make a legit game, that costs, and that's enjoyable without loads of in app purchases

Sts would have to make AL a sub-only game which many people wouldn't like.

*SRY for the DOUBLE post.

Sent from my LT26a using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

Elyseon
07-18-2012, 10:04 PM
and many would like

Hardcoure
07-19-2012, 06:19 PM
I hope it won't be too expensive. I like STS and their games but don't want to really dig out my pocket. I'm up for a sub-only game without so many in-app purchases.

Renovate
07-22-2012, 01:24 AM
50 plat for one single character is just too much :(

Tvis
07-22-2012, 01:36 AM
I think there should be a sub OPTION, not just sub-oriented gameplay, but just one way of many to choose to play. Keep the same cost of downloading the game (free), but allow an option to subscribe and grant them a set number of plat per month. I don't think the players that never buy plat should have to subscribe to a game that they can enjoy for free.

Zaonabiuibil
08-09-2012, 10:15 AM
Don't mean to necro, but I'm also interested. Can someone confirm the actual price?

octavos
08-09-2012, 10:33 AM
Don't mean to necro, but I'm also interested. Can someone confirm the actual price?

hummm, i wanna know too. this can help many. and I still believe its a relavant topic. But if AL is like Pl and DL... expect the prices to be like DL (worse case)

RedRyder
08-09-2012, 12:08 PM
The DL price was definitely because of the energy mechanic. Since there isn't one with this game, I think it'll be like pl/SL slots. Or maybe in between, like 25 plat? I wouldn't mind too much paying 20 for a slot, but 5 or 10 would be grand lol.

Zaonabiuibil
08-09-2012, 12:39 PM
The DL price was definitely because of the energy mechanic. Since there isn't one with this game, I think it'll be like pl/SL slots. Or maybe in between, like 25 plat? I wouldn't mind too much paying 20 for a slot, but 5 or 10 would be grand lol.

Sound logic, in that case I'll reserve Enchilada as well :)

Aracnus
08-09-2012, 12:46 PM
If that's the case, i hope AL is sustainable on a 2nd gen. ipod, lol

Zaonabiuibil
08-09-2012, 01:55 PM
If that's the case, i hope AL is sustainable on a 2nd gen. ipod, lol

Check the thread Can You Play? (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?60070-Can-you-Play)

Rawrimafish
08-09-2012, 05:11 PM
i'd like to see if they make it free

RedRyder
08-13-2012, 10:11 AM
i'd like to see if they make it free

That'll never happen lol.

outsock
08-14-2012, 11:48 PM
In the pocket verson my slt wur 5 y they not kep to be sem?

HunterSLAYER
08-15-2012, 05:20 AM
In the pocket verson my slt wur 5 y they not kep to be sem?

What do you mean?
No offense, but your English is broken.

Sent from The Vular Hive Depths Secret Chamber! XD

RedRyder
08-15-2012, 07:50 AM
In the pocket version my alts were 5, why don't they keep it the same?

I think that's what he meant.

Jugernugetx
08-15-2012, 03:08 PM
Wait a minute. AL wont be a free game?? :confused:

Worship
08-15-2012, 04:05 PM
Wait a minute. AL wont be a free game?? :confused:

http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/06/06/e3-2012-spacetime-studios-demos-another-smash-legends-hit/

outsock
08-15-2012, 05:00 PM
I think that's what he meant.
yess tht cuz i maked 2 xrtas and totol off 10 plateium