View Full Version : Arcane legends Concept: Warrior

Potofgreed
10-11-2021, 03:36 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3mVAe6C2O0&ab_channel=Potofgreed

enjoy

Updated.

i want you guys to know i went though like 3 different versions of war cry.

this version of war cry war was more support. here is one of the upgrades.

fixed

flashio
10-11-2021, 03:50 PM
These 2 are very good options to replace the current most useless skills for warriors windmill and warcry, looking forward to work on a Veangeful blood rework, good job man :).

Potofgreed
10-11-2021, 03:55 PM
thanks a lot i think berserk should have +100str and the 2nd skill "ambition" should be +100 to all.

it might be to strong doe lol

Irg
10-11-2021, 04:25 PM
Keep in mind, war is supposed to tank, those are like rogue aimed shot on steroid

Potofgreed
10-11-2021, 06:28 PM
Keep in mind, war is supposed to tank, those are like rogue aimed shot on steroidare you serious? LOL!

its a concept video.

and go read aim shot again LMAO.

Sent from my Redmi 5 Plus using Tapatalk

Irg
10-11-2021, 06:36 PM
are you serious? LOL!

its a concept video.

and go read aim shot again LMAO.

I was about to give you some credit but no offense, geez dude chill
Giving an already high danage skill increase damage + increase crit damage
basically makes it an aoe aimed shot, it is what it is

THE GOLDEN KING
10-11-2021, 06:47 PM

enjoy

That was great! Can you rework all the Warrior skills? Earthquake is good but a little too strong, same with warcry maybe nerf each skill by 15%-20% and it would be doable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Potofgreed
10-11-2021, 08:10 PM
I was about to give you some credit but no offense, geez dude chill
Giving an already high danage skill increase damage + increase crit damage
basically makes it an aoe aimed shot, it is what it isgo read shadow storm shot that has aoe. why? lol

e.q is nothing like aim shot . aim shot has everything.

realistically war needs e.q because how the autolock mechanic treats war. the autolock mechanic favors rog 1st then mage. it doesnt even favor war only when war has axe throw.

lets say this was real. war would still have to run up to stuff to hit things. while rog and mage can be out of range n hit things.

now if its a pvp " a clash" war would be a lot better if no one has movespeed .but what happens when 400% movespeed is in play and people are running around the rocks?

another issue is if im cursed and i hit pve or pvp 4 to 15 targets there is a high probability the war might die. it depends on the player tbh.

see i was going to give e.q reduce movespeed and stun but i thought that would piss a lot of people off. so i kept it clean and just gave it aoe.

interms of raw damage rog aim shot and mage lightn strike are way stronger.

rog razor shield is basically windmil with a longer cooldown but even then razor shield is 1000% more broken then windmil lol.

eq is fine. warcry only gives crit if war goes into berserk right?
if war does go into berserk everything else gets shut off. that means the war and allies dont get buffs. the war only receive the buffs from berserk.

if rog and mage hit harder then war. the war wont use berserk he should just tap war cry so that everyone benefits from war cry.

although this isnt real people can say what they want .

in the end this a concept i dont expect for this to be real.
i do this out of pure enjoyment and i guess a love and hate for the game.

it is what it is .

Potofgreed
10-11-2021, 08:21 PM
That was great! Can you rework all the Warrior skills? Earthquake is good but a little too strong, same with warcry maybe nerf each skill by 15%-20% and it would be doable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkthanks a lot i really appreciate it . i dont think they're that bad tbh i think they're fine. i could be wrong if im wrong im wrong im ok with that. in the end its just a concept i dont expect for this to be real.

reworking other skills ? i might lol this one took me awhile i had to think a lot. reworking skill IS SUPER HARD i had like 3 different versions of war cry lol.

1 version was more utility pve only " bossing" it removed immunity from the bosses and also gave you and allies reflect immunity.

Analytical
10-11-2021, 08:25 PM

enjoy

Really love this! Hope the dev can really bring this to life lol @cinco

But yea agreed with goldenking, the damage output may be a little too strong.

1.The eq should ideally serve as a crowd control skill more than a damage skill.
2.The warcry is fine, maybe need a longer cd like juggernaut 40-45s because we have haste item that could make the cd literally non-existent. It would be too op.

Potofgreed
10-11-2021, 09:39 PM
Really love this! Hope the dev can really bring this to life lol @cinco

But yea agreed with goldenking, the damage output may be a little too strong.

1.The eq should ideally serve as a crowd control skill more than a damage skill.
2.The warcry is fine, maybe need a longer cd like juggernaut 40-45s because we have haste item that could make the cd literally non-existent. It would be too op.thanks a lot i really appreciate it.

the damage is actually based off of skyward at lvl 81. if i based it off of lightn strike and aim shot damage it would be like 15-20k+ lol

i thought about c.c on e.q but i felt it would be insane in pvp.

because i was thinking about " terrify " on e.q thats why i was like ...this is actually broken lol. the reason why i wanted terrify on e.q is because the stun animation is different. in my mind it felt like that would look appropriate. in the end i thought it was to powerful. but i do agree with you i just dont want a normal stun on it lol.

samael aa has terrify. and terrify aint really being used aside from nekro which basically has the same thing.

e.q cd is 2s because i wanted people to feel powerful when their mapping.even if they're not geared they'll feel powerful.
i wanted e.q to have a certain consistency to it like aim shot building crit .

the only issue that have with e.q is that people wont use c.s anymore lol.

warcry
the reason why i kept the cd low on war cry is because rogs razor shield.

razor shield should have the same duration as jugg but it doesnt.

another reason why i kept the cd low is because for mapping. i wanted war cry to have a certain consistency to it.

same goes for berserk. berserk with a speed set should feel really good.

another issue was the type of builds people would use because of berserk.

e.q, warcry,jugg, heal
e.q,warcry,veng,jugg
skyward,e.q,warcry, heal

skyward,axe,warcry,heal
skyward,e.q,axe,c.s lol weird

i also thought about a weird interaction with skyward

if someone skyward and they e.q in mid air that would look weird lol .

if you guys think the damage should be lowered then fine.
if you guys think the cd should be raised then fine.

i guess maybe it is to broken

i wanted 4 war pts to be thing for dm, evg, and zodiac maps

Fearrr
10-11-2021, 09:57 PM
+1 I hope the Devs take a look at this. Love the Crit part in Earthquake...Seismic Shock. Great Skill Rework Concept thread! 💯

QuaseT
10-12-2021, 02:11 AM
Earthquake damage is as high as clean mage clock on 2500 int from description. Id lower its damage a bit. Others seem good to me.

Potofgreed
10-12-2021, 03:43 AM
+1 I hope the Devs take a look at this. Love the Crit part in Earthquake...Seismic Shock. Great Skill Rework Concept thread! [emoji817]

Earthquake damage is as high as clean mage clock on 2500 int from description. Id lower its damage a bit. Others seem good to me.

to the both of you guys thanks a lot i really appreciate it .

QuaseT i based the damage off of my friends skyward that had the damage upgrade. so i agree i just realized the problem .

updated

"the damage should be like 7,650-10,200 then with the upgrade it should be as depicted in the video."

i forgot to point out if this actually existed there might be problems with e.q and high movespeed.

this same issue happens with mages clock.

if you have like 200%-500% movespeed and you e.q while moving. the e.q will be delayed and end up behind the players toon in a place he or she didn't set it in. its like the hitbox of the toons are delayed when the movespeed is increased. the hitbox sorta drags behind the toon a good distance. so you basically have to stop and go.

a example
lets say your toon has 500% movespeed but your toons hitbox will have maybe 200% movespeed.

Msrobinsonal
10-12-2021, 04:30 AM
Tanks are supposed to absorb damage, not deal massive aoe damage.

If you don't like your class role, make a different class.

Ruogie
10-12-2021, 04:54 AM

If you don't like your class role, make a different class.+1 items need to have a different proc by class

Sent from my CPH1909 using Tapatalk

Potofgreed
10-12-2021, 05:21 AM

If you don't like your class role, make a different class.ive playing mage since 2014 :).

Potofgreed
10-12-2021, 05:24 AM

If you don't like your class role, make a different class.

+1 items need to have a different proc by class

Sent from my CPH1909 using Tapatalk

i think the games you guys looking for are

EverQuest, w.o.w, order and chaos,guild wars, and new world.
those games have more then 3 classes

you guys want

tanks tank
healer heals or in this case mage cc's and
damage dealer deals damage

if this was true then why does rog have 2 heals being s.p and packs, mage has a heal, and war has jugg and a heal?

so if this game was suppose to be aggressive toward dedicated classes then why do all classes have heals? dont you find that interesting?

o yeah i forgot to add that we have Pet aa's that heal.

glow,arie, dagon , and more .

in the end if you guys want to be locked to dedicated classes so be it. but idk from my perspective the game doesn't have to be like that.

anyways ill repeat " its a concept video "

i highly doubt this would actually be applied to the game.

Msrobinsonal
10-12-2021, 06:06 AM
i think the games you guys looking for are

EverQuest, w.o.w, order and chaos,guild wars, and new world.
those games have more then 3 classes

you guys want

tanks tank
healer heals or in this case mage cc's and
damage dealer deals damage

if this was true then why does rog have 2 heals being s.p and packs, mage has a heal, and war has jugg and a heal?

so if this game was suppose to be aggressive toward dedicated classes then why do all classes have heals? dont you find that interesting?

o yeah i forgot to add that we have Pet aa's that heal.

glow,arie, dagon , and more .

in the end if you guys want to be locked to dedicated classes so be it. but idk from my perspective the game doesn't have to be like that.

anyways ill repeat " its a concept video "

i highly doubt this would actually be applied to the game.

All 3 classes can heal themselves for pvp reasons, idk any rogs or decent mages that use heal on pve runs.

Every rpg I've ever played tanks role has been the same, absorb dmg / pull aggro.

What you are suggesting turns warriors into dps, i highly doubt it will be implemented as well.

Potofgreed
10-12-2021, 06:10 AM
All 3 classes can heal themselves for pvp reasons, idk any rogs or decent mages that use heal on pve runs.

Every rpg I've ever played tanks role has been the same, absorb dmg / pull aggro.

What you are suggesting turns warriors into dps, i highly doubt it will be implemented as well.im not suggesting anything this is a concept video.

if i was suggesting this then i would have presented this a lot differently.

Encryptions
10-12-2021, 06:24 AM

If you don't like your class role, make a different class.Good luck tanking. Warriors get 1 hit by rogs in pvp and 1 hit by new map bosses.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Analytical
10-12-2021, 06:27 AM

What you are suggesting turns warriors into dps, i highly doubt it will be implemented as well.

You meant the damage he was suggesting, not the whole concept.

Adjust the damage output as however required, and we will have war much more useful again.

Golem
10-12-2021, 06:43 AM
Nice new skills

Potofgreed
10-12-2021, 08:03 AM
Nice new skillsthank you very much

Potofgreed
10-12-2021, 08:05 AM
Update: ive added a photo of another idea i had a few days back

reflect immunity to you and your allies for the duration of war cry .

Bobbylicious
10-12-2021, 12:18 PM
good video for a warrior like me

Stephencobear
10-12-2021, 10:46 PM
Update: ive added a photo of another idea i had a few days back

reflect immunity to you and your allies for the duration of war cry

+ 1k
I had the same idea, along with the idea that taunt should never be overwritten by damage, so as to give the idea of “tank” more relevance

Potofgreed
10-13-2021, 11:18 PM
+ 1k
I had the same idea, along with the idea that taunt should never be overwritten by damage, so as to give the idea of “tank” more relevancei actually made a taunt upgrade but it was to strong.it was so strong it made the other taunt upgrades and awaken modification useless. in the end i realized if you wanted more taunt that should be something the war invests into.

awaken taunt %

with that being said im actually curious what is the taunt % on axe throw , jugg, and heal.what is taunt cap. also what is the duration of taunt.

a consistent bleed debuff from war with taunt % should be enough for the war to keep aggro. ive played with wars in evg that never had issues with aggro. i guess this was due to glint aegis mainly but it was also due to axe throw.

in the Earthquake upgrade i added bleed to it. i did this so it could help proc weapons,armor, and amulet.
but also with some taunt % this could help keep consistent aggro potentially. but just this alone in the reflect maps could be a issue.well tbh it depends on the player.

how ever e.q and berserk could help with evg in the current state. but lets see how the new mythic weapons do.

in games like order and chaos the tank has a dedicated taunt skill. you basically spam taunt every 500ms to 1s if i remember correctly.

mmo rpg and mmo arpgs are different.

arcane legends is a mmo arpg its dungeon crawler
like diablo 2 or even like path of exile. which both have party as a option.these 2 games mainly focus on solo but can be played in a party.

there are mmo arpgs like diablo 3, last epoch, grim dawn, and i think lost ark where they do or did have dedicated healers at one point in time . but the " tanks" are doing damage and are actually assisting in killing and clearing.

games like ever quest,w.o.w,order and chaos,guild wars, and etc.

tanks deal zero dps.tanks in these type of games typically taunts and buffa him or her self with different resistances to keep tanking while being healed by a healer

tbh if i remember correctly tanks in these type of games tend to have 2 different styles they can play in being "dps and tank"

also these type of games have more then 5 classes.
in a.l we have 3 classes with pets.

if im wrong, im wrong and im cool with being wrong. so correct me if i am.

Potofgreed
10-13-2021, 11:21 PM
@Irg

the damage in the video was off it should be 7,650-10,200 then with the upgrade it should be whats in the video.

my bad.