PDA

View Full Version : Players begging for money

GothGirl
06-13-2012, 08:15 PM
I'm sure you are all familiar with this scenario. You go out to run about your daily errands or just to enjoy shopping and you see a beggar sitting there asking for money. How does this make you feel? You want to be left alone right? This is exactly my point.

I've ran into people would either message me personally and ask me for money or they would spam the public chats for money. This is quite annoying. Yes I can ignore that person but it happens to me 3-4 times a day from different players. I play this game for maybe 2-6 hours or more a day. I find it quite annoying and consider it harassment, especially if it's a stranger asking for money. I was wondering if it's possible to make a rule stating that you cant be spamming or asking random people for money or mute the person who asked for money and have the system auto send a message to that person giving that person a warning and telling them that they are not allowed to ask strangers or in public chats for money. I find these beggars just as annoying as ones I see in real life next to Starbucks or a grocery store or in the malls.

Thank you for listening. I appreciate it.

ArtStar
06-13-2012, 08:24 PM
100% agree, I'm not going to sit here and tell you how you should just use the ignore button or message STS's support about it. I agree that this is an issue, and it needs to be handled somehow. There is no stopping these players from doing these things, but it would be a HUGE load off if we could get the devs to help moderate this a bit. It's pathetic lol, that's exactly how I feel about beggers in-game. If I begged, I would feel worse than the bums at the street corners, because at least they are getting REAL money and not trying to leech off people's in-game success.

Late
06-13-2012, 09:16 PM
Next time you say:
STRANGER DANGER!

StompArtist
06-13-2012, 09:23 PM
I'm sure you are all familiar with this scenario. You go out to run about your daily errands or just to enjoy shopping and you see a beggar sitting there asking for money. How does this make you feel? You want to be left alone right? This is exactly my point.

I've ran into people would either message me personally and ask me for money or they would spam the public chats for money. This is quite annoying. Yes I can ignore that person but it happens to me 3-4 times a day from different players. I play this game for maybe 2-6 hours or more a day. I find it quite annoying and consider it harassment, especially if it's a stranger asking for money. I was wondering if it's possible to make a rule stating that you cant be spamming or asking random people for money or mute the person who asked for money and have the system auto send a message to that person giving that person a warning and telling them that they are not allowed to ask strangers or in public chats for money. I find these beggars just as annoying as ones I see in real life next to Starbucks or a grocery store or in the malls.

The only thing i found truly works and gets rid of them fast is begging back at them lol

JaytB
06-13-2012, 09:41 PM
As soon as I see some yellow 'Can I haz gold plzzzzz' message, my mental ignore function kicks in :D

HunterSLAYER
06-13-2012, 10:20 PM
An automated warning msg in CAPS and in RED would be nice for beggars...

Sent from my LT26i using Xparent ICS Blue Tapatalk 2

Sryyoulose
06-13-2012, 10:45 PM
Or jus have a quick chat saying. I recently spent all my money can I pls have gold!

Works every time baby every time!

Paar
06-13-2012, 10:57 PM
Just show them 2m, Mute them and watch them follow you around as there muted!

ArtStar
06-13-2012, 11:49 PM
The only thing i found truly works and gets rid of them fast is begging back at them lol

LMAO!

Xaphan Fox
06-14-2012, 08:10 AM
I get foxy sexy with them.

Works.

*noselicks*

wvhills
06-14-2012, 08:30 AM
The easiest way to get rid of a beggar is to just give him the gold he needs. Then he'll leave you alone.

BTW, my guild- the beggar's alliance, is branching out to DL and recruitment is open. PM me for details.

Phoenixking
06-14-2012, 08:35 AM
Actually it works all the time, someone said "I got scammed can I have 5k please?" I said "quick I'm about to get scammed, and I need 5k!" he just left quietly

Floating
06-14-2012, 09:37 AM
You must be able to create a meatshield, oops i meant mental shield, around you so that you just do not care about these people... They just want to beg for something people struggled to make so let them beg!

player
06-14-2012, 10:52 AM
How about you take a pix of the beggar and we can build a wall of shame on the forum
. That'll discourage begging.

Fenrir
06-14-2012, 11:06 AM
Players begging for money, I reply Sorry with a :)

ArtStar
06-14-2012, 11:16 AM
How about you take a pix of the beggar and we can build a wall of shame on the forum

LOL I love this idea.

Dazamo
06-15-2012, 11:54 AM

LOL I love this idea.

I believe that would be against the forum TOS.

Swimmingstar
06-15-2012, 12:23 PM
If I saw a beggar in real life I would feel bad for them but in-game I would just show them how to get gold/credits by not begging. Or there's always the ignore... Ignoring a few players by tapping/clicking a few buttons isn't hard.

OvigorothO
06-15-2012, 01:26 PM
Someone offered to craft my shotgun and that it would be brown and smokeless :P

ArtStar
06-15-2012, 04:58 PM

Yeah I think you're right, but it's still a great idea.
Put beggars on a wall for everyone to see.
Might help.

Lady_Pebbles
06-21-2012, 03:52 PM

Yeah I think you're right, but it's still a great idea.
Put beggars on a wall for everyone to see.
Might help.
There is no point in stepping down a few steps to get to their level. Ignore & move on. Its only as simple as you make it.

My ignore list currently has a sh...crap load of IGNs due to begging, annoyances, and the usual haters.

XD

ArtStar
06-21-2012, 04:24 PM
There is no point in stepping down a few steps to get to their level. Ignore & move on. Its only as simple as you make it.

My ignore list currently has a sh...crap load of IGNs due to begging, annoyances, and the usual haters.

XD

Oh I am super fast to hit the ignore button, ha ha I just wish they'd stop x)

Buster
06-21-2012, 04:30 PM
I usally make something up on the spot

heypeo
06-21-2012, 06:14 PM
I agree and my question is who's giving them this money becouse if their begging and people aren't giving them money why do they still beg?

between
06-22-2012, 07:38 PM
i find that if you are in the mood for responding to beggers, talk in all caps. that really seems to tick them off lolol.

heypeo
06-23-2012, 02:19 AM
I just don't respond and ask them to stop spamming me (if they are that is)

n00b13st
06-26-2012, 12:45 AM

GothGirl - I agree with your general theme about in-game begging. It is rude and I generally mute/ignore everyone that acts that way.

On the other hand, the comparison to real life is callous. I'd guess you don't know about the real world situation of the spectrum of "homeless --> begging" people but there is a lot of just plain tragedy going on there. A large number of mentally ill people that society decided to cast out are among this population. Times are also really tough (I can only speak directly about the USA), in very large part because a certain shrubbery decided to waste vast amounts of our money and people in the wrong country (even I knew it was wrong from the start) and many many honest, hardworking people are now homeless and some of them on their way to being the mentally ill people I mentioned before by virtue of being abandoned by society. In most cases I don't give them money either because I fear that I'll be harming them by paying for them to get drugs or alcohol but I don't generally feel resentment toward them. I'd suggest you read "The Grapes Of Wrath" and maybe consider how those real world beggars got where they are.

Final thought - the real world beggars that do bug me? The various charities and groups that stand sentinel at every door to the grocery store. The charities and groups that I support, I support directly and I do not want *them* begging from me when I'm just trying to accomplish the business of my daily life.

Rare
06-26-2012, 08:38 AM

Just ignore them. There's no way around it.

Onaraasider
06-26-2012, 10:09 AM
i agree with you on everything except comparing them to the beggars outside of stores.even though some of them are on some type of drug, i feel guilty if i dont give them my change.

Rare
06-27-2012, 11:06 AM
i agree with you on everything except comparing them to the beggars outside of stores.even though some of them are on some type of drug, i feel guilty if i dont give them my change.

I ain't givin you no treefiddy (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cn7xfBpZ3M)!!!

undertheradar
06-27-2012, 11:17 AM
Can I haz 20 gold coins please?

Nick41324
06-27-2012, 11:42 AM
Can I haz 20 gold coins please?
Sure, if you give me 30 coins.

Paar
06-27-2012, 11:47 AM
1 Elbow touch. 5 Dolla. 2 Elbow touch. 15 Dolla.

BG_zorro
07-02-2012, 12:34 AM
Can totally relate to being annoyed. I usually tell folks like that there is no free handouts here. You earn your gold just like everyone else. Bothers me more when after I say that they continue to beg anyway. I agree, the game developers/moderators to make it a rule that such begging is not allowed and follow through with consequences to make them stop.

HunterSLAYER
07-02-2012, 01:33 AM
Account suspension for a day due to excessive begging would be sufficient as begging=SPAMMING which is against T.O.S.

Sent from my M1 SONY XPERIA S(LT26i) via Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

Smojoms
08-15-2012, 08:00 PM
Just show them 2m, Mute them and watch them follow you around as there muted!

Will do this one next time someone begs. :)

SssoulSsshine
08-30-2012, 01:31 PM
As soon as I see some yellow 'Can I haz gold plzzzzz' message, my mental ignore function kicks in :D

It's even more fun saying this in DL and SL...

I tell them there's a mage dressed in red in Forest Haven who's giving away gold...

Taikeo
08-30-2012, 01:50 PM
The thing that kills me is I can't believe this could be very successful for them.. the time spent begging and harrassing could be spent farming!