PDA

View Full Version : Key bug in Cycorp Industries- Product Development

Ozuyucalebam
06-15-2012, 12:44 PM
Even though the key is covered by toxic gas you can pick up the key. This may not break the level but its annoying to complete the boss and still have enemies around.
Your supposed to restore the power, kill the turret, go to the ventilation terminal to blow away the gas. Then pick up the key, kill the vular and move on to boss.
Its a small issue but annoying when someone just runs up and takes the key. Cause then i feel obligated to stay behind to kill the vular. So that the group will stay together.

Now this also happens in another level but im not sure which one.

Here is the corpse where the key is found. Notice the gas is still covering it.

Phoenixking
06-15-2012, 01:09 PM
Some people can do it, I try and I can't do it lol

Ihavenokills
06-15-2012, 02:25 PM
this happens randomly cause i tried to reproduce it and show support but i couldn't quite seem to find out the reason behind it. i submitted a bug report about it but he said if i could find the cause, they'll squash it but i couldn't :/ maybe you can?

Ozuyucalebam
06-15-2012, 05:10 PM
this happens randomly cause i tried to reproduce it and show support but i couldn't quite seem to find out the reason behind it. i submitted a bug report about it but he said if i could find the cause, they'll squash it but i couldn't :/ maybe you can?

Yeah i have tried to reproduce it many times on various alts but i just cant do it. But without fail a new player just runs up to it and takes it lol. I think i did it once a while back.
It happened every time i played that level. 5 times in a row. I don't get it.

ArtStar
06-15-2012, 05:32 PM
Idk why people don't just pick up the key when you're suppose to. Which is after you turn off the ventilation for the gas.

Cahaun
06-15-2012, 05:43 PM
I can naturally pick it up with the gas still around. Maybe it's my ping or my gas mask

Ozuyucalebam
06-15-2012, 05:55 PM
Idk why people don't just pick up the key when you're suppose to. Which is after you turn off the ventilation for the gas.

Ikr its irritating but i guess if your a new player and don't know about the gas yet, you cant blame them for trying to pick it up.
The gas should work correctly in the first place.

Ozuyucalebam
06-15-2012, 05:56 PM
I can naturally pick it up with the gas still around. Maybe it's my ping or my gas mask

lol thanks for the info ill try my gas mask next time ha ha :)

akfury
06-15-2012, 07:30 PM
i can recreate its a specific way you do i think.. cause i have showed some friend sand they cant do it

ArtStar
06-15-2012, 09:26 PM
Ikr its irritating but i guess if your a new player and don't know about the gas yet, you cant blame them for trying to pick it up.
The gas should work correctly in the first place.

True, STRONGER GAS OF DOOM PLEASE!

Ihavenokills
06-16-2012, 12:49 AM
True, STRONGER GAS OF DOOM PLEASE!

one hits you twice

Ghostsmacker
06-20-2012, 06:04 PM
Well I saw this post so I decided to try it out. However, no matter how many times I tried I couldn't get the key cause I kept getting hurt, but for some reason the lower lvls that joined me didn't even get hurt by the gas.

Cahaun
06-20-2012, 06:14 PM
I don't know why, but I just do it and go "Oh gas still on". :p

Ozuyucalebam
06-20-2012, 09:38 PM
I had a eureka moment just now lol. I was playing this lvl with one of my noobs and i had the "say cheese" quest active. First i tried to pick the key up with the gas still active. (wasnt able) then i ran up to the vular on the table to take its pic. when that was done, i clicked the key again just to see... Wooo i got the key. Now i just need to replicate if this could be done again.
But this is only one way i can do it. There's other ways too just cant figure them out lol.

Finding # 1:
i found a new way to do it and its hard to explain lol. For some reason the gas seems to "attach" itself to a certain player. when said player is out of the gas zone others can stand there in the gas unharmed. But as soon as said character steps back into gas. all players are affected. Then all players will run off the gas. Said player stays out of gas and others can run back unharmed again.
Now the gas can change its "attachment" then the first player taking dmg can no longer take dmg.
Wow i wish i could make a video on this. Its much better as a visual lol. Cause after reading this i feel like an idiot lol.
But hey thats what i found out. I will rmk the zone and see if it happens again.

Finding # 2:
The gas is "attached" to the host of the game. As long as host is out of the gas, players can pick up the key and take the picture.
I believe this is the problem and i have replicated this bug three times. me being host and me joining the host.
So that being said...having the quest active has no particular effect.

Finding # 3:
Being a host isn't a factor. It seems the gas gets "attached" to the first player who enters the gas. All will get damage if everyone is in the gas and will do so till everyone leaves.
However, if the "attached" player is out of gas you can simply turn around and get back in the gas unaffected.
I also noticed if your not taking damage from the gas and the "attached" player leaves, you go back to taking damage. Weird little bug.
But now i see how ppl can just run up and take the key...sorta.

Ozuyucalebam
06-21-2012, 12:13 PM
I really hope this can be fixed now lol. Oh and the other level this happens in is Delta 7 Shipping bays. I havnt tested the bug there yet but i believe its the same bug.

Ozuyucalebam
06-24-2012, 01:04 AM
Would be nice if I could get feedback on my findings... just saying

If needed I'm willing to show how its done...ign ozuyucalebam

Deathpunch
06-26-2012, 08:54 AM
Would be nice if I could get feedback on my findings... just saying

If needed I'm willing to show how its done...ign ozuyucalebam

Yeah, good luck with that feedback thing.

-----
This post has +5 to topic derailment.

Ozuyucalebam
07-17-2012, 05:17 PM
Now that the "waiting period bar" has been removed from everything....anyone can get this key instantly. This bug is worse now lol