PDA

View Full Version : lag madness

nz_tonyjin88
06-15-2012, 10:21 PM
Hi,

maybe its just me since no one has yet posted single thread about the lag in the game.

for few weeks now, I am experiencing extreme lag in the game esp in pvp.

ping jumps from 300 to 600 and even 1195 from time to time.

people always complain about the lag in every single pvp I join to but yet

no one posts thread about it.

can the devs plz have a look into this?

Im using adsl 2 + and im still laggin like hellokitty.

this seriously effects pvp in many ways, most of times I just end up using skill on the wall and have to wait

on the heart for about 2 secs for me to actually get the heart.

well, is it just really me ?

Lady_Pebbles
06-15-2012, 11:19 PM
Hellurr, actually lots of people posted regarding in game lag via the bug reports/technical support forum! I agree the lag is getting hella bad lately. For me its both laggy on 3G & WiFi. Mostly during PvP matches but also dueing PvE.

nz_tonyjin88
06-15-2012, 11:30 PM
Hellurr, actually lots of people posted regarding in game lag via the bug reports/technical support forum! I agree the lag is getting hella bad lately. For me its both laggy on 3G & WiFi. Mostly during PvP matches but also dueing PvE.

ooh ya i never check that forum xD I have lag in pve as well but pvp is the worst

YuNoEatBeaRs
06-15-2012, 11:40 PM
Same, said it many before, ping now is higher than before and spikes like crazy, hope STS sees this.

Anyone having lag problems plz bump this thread, let us be heard.

ExperimentNebulaCore
06-16-2012, 12:03 AM
Bumpity bump dump dump. Yes, lag is bad. Which is why i dont pvp anymore. Pretty much giving free kills :/

phrosts
06-16-2012, 01:22 AM
I have always had lag problems. Is it my 3g from sprint or sts? I really dont know

Sent from my SPH-D600 using Tapatalk 2

Floating
06-16-2012, 02:07 AM
Too tooo toooooo much lag. Thanks for bringing it up sir/madame!

nz_tonyjin88
06-16-2012, 06:16 AM
someone call the mods!! ;0

Floating
06-16-2012, 06:19 AM
someone call the mods!! ;0

666 666666

Ghosti
06-16-2012, 09:16 AM
Buuuuuuump

nz_tonyjin88
06-16-2012, 07:00 PM
bumpy

Sarge
06-19-2012, 01:53 AM
Yes, bad lag here too. Virtually unplayable during the last 2 - 3 days. At the point now where I can't even get to the map screen.

It was fine for about a month prior to this though.

Seems to come in waves and have noticed that it seems to be in sync with some (not all) major updates / patches.

nz_tonyjin88
06-19-2012, 02:42 AM
yup.. i didnt have any lag until about 3 weeks ago. I guess its because # of ppl playin increased since then. Surely devs can do something about this to reduce the lag :/

Sarge
06-19-2012, 03:05 AM
Yes, sounds like server capacity issues.

It's been really frustrating as every time it happens I think it's something at my end. Rebooted, uninstalled app, checked wifi connection, closed other internet programs etc etc that some of the other threads on this suggest doing, which I now no longer believe to be the issue.

Sarge
06-19-2012, 03:07 AM
Too tooo toooooo much lag. Thanks for bringing it up sir/madame!

Floating, I think your location on Mars could have an impact on your lag ;P

Shaocalur
06-19-2012, 06:45 AM
I had 99 PvE deaths trying to see how long I could keep it there. I was playing yesterday and the game litteraly froze right as I walked into a mob. I now have 100 deaths. :(

nz_tonyjin88
06-19-2012, 07:44 AM
did any of mods actually read my thread? if so, plz show us the signnnnn

Xaphan Fox
06-19-2012, 03:48 PM
On 4g or wifi I stay steady at around 200ping.

Verizon 4g and comcast cablenet in Nashville TN.

Perhaps it is yall''s service provider.
Whens the last time you hard reset your phone or refreshed your 4g info?

Your proximity to sts servers, which I assume are in Texas, is important also.

Woof.

Sarge
06-19-2012, 07:36 PM

Woof.

I'm in Australia so I did consider that. My ping usually hovers between 260 - 320 on a good day which I accept due to the distance.

The issue here though is that the posts above are from people suffering little to no ping (1000+) at the same time in other parts of the world (lady pebbles in chicago, tony in NZ (i'm assuming from his title) and myself in Australia).

Would be a huge coincidence if our SPs happen to crap out at the same time.

I've tried on WIFI (connected to DSL) through chrome and 3G on my android phone and the lag issue remains. App and WIFI / 3G connections uninstalled and reset as well.

Lady_Pebbles
06-19-2012, 09:18 PM
Yeah Sarge you're right, I get little to no ping now. Its frustrating. Even on wifi. I've had crappy connection before but not like this. Its odd when all of my other games I don't lag to the point where I have little to no ping like I do in StS games.

between
06-19-2012, 09:51 PM
I live in Connecticut, use crappy borrowed wifi and ping 180-250 (when I don't straight up d/c :s)

I've had a couple hard spikes but I figure it's just my connection. Needless to say thegame is definatly playable for me (Droid x / PC)

Idk what ur guyss problem is o.o

Oh and by crappy wifi I'm talking about that wireless hotspot thing that Comcast lets its customers use so you can get internet like anywhere (boss let me use his info cuz I can't afford real interwebs >_<) clocking -85 dbm.

Lady_Pebbles
06-19-2012, 10:03 PM
I live in Connecticut, use crappy borrowed wifi and ping 180-250 (when I don't straight up d/c :s)

I've had a couple hard spikes but I figure it's just my connection. Needless to say thegame is definatly playable for me (Droid x / PC)

Idk what ur guyss problem is o.o

Oh and by crappy wifi I'm talking about that wireless hotspot thing that Comcast lets its customers use so you can get internet like anywhere (boss let me use his info cuz I can't afford real interwebs >_<) clocking -85 dbm.
My ping is about the same and most of the time its fine. Fast game play. Everything peachy.. Until the last couple of updates. Its been weird.

I've used DL on my sister's WiFi (Comcast) to hospital Wifi, and hell even McD's Wifi & Library. All with the same results as my 3G connection. So yes it is playable, just with horrible lag of doom & un-awsomeness!

Oh & I had my niece download & play DL for a bit to see if there is a difference, also while we're on the same networks and turns out I be lagging like a mofo outta no where while she is completely fine.

Which makes me wonder wtf ia going on. X.x

DREAMKILLER
06-19-2012, 10:10 PM
Lagg, lagg, lagg, lagg, lagg, lagg..... All the time you lagg.... Devs get it sorted

plmafiaboss
06-19-2012, 10:10 PM
Same. My wifi is perfect and i can have all bars on service but either way i lag :/

between
06-19-2012, 10:24 PM
That's interesting. The only thing I can think of to be the issue would be the device. Have you tried with the chrome client on the same network? Have you tried completely uninstalling, and then reinstalling the game?

Im not like a computer wizard pro nerd sauce or anything, but it could be like how the update thingys update. like
Day one: "oh hey i got the game and im playing it and whatnot"
Day two: "and then heres an update"
Day three: "and another one"
Day four: "and another one"
vs
Day four "oh hey this game looks cool im gunna install it"

if that made any sense at all lol. if it didnt just ignore me :P but it seems like people complain about the lag happening after updates, but people with a fresh install dont have the lag at all (like how on ur device it lags like a baws, yet at the same time on the same network your nieces is like pro smooth no lag)

oh and if that is the case, but reinstalling didnt work and your super hardcore and use android you could root your device and wipe the user data/cache/etc. or just flash a rom XD
im super hard core like that so id legit do anything possible to fix my ping :D

Lady_Pebbles
06-20-2012, 01:29 AM
My laptop died a horrible death a few months ago.. (r.i.p Lucy! lolol) so I haven't tried it on Chrome. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling after a hard reboot, still the same. Oh & I tried clearing out the Cache.. Still the same. Plus I can't root my phone, again no laptop. As far as my device goes, haven't really had a problem with it other than StS games and Teamspeak (god I hate that app now lol).

Thing is.. Before iOS users showed up, the lag wasn't bad. Hell the ping spikes wouldn't jump so high either but wth.. If in a solo PvE run or in PvP, why in the hell am I lagging sometimes with huge spikes outta no where? Even when Im not moving to another location so the connection is still strong & tried on both WiFi and 3G?.. Its just weird! Frustrating too but also.. Weird as hell.

I can understand PvP if it was an issue of people spaming skills and a bunch of stuff going on at once but this didn't happen before. Also, sometimes it happens in PvP when Im around certain players. The latter could be an entirely different issue caused by a proggy used to lag people (but that in itself is something the devs will have to look into). Or, it could just be server lag.

Idk, I just wish it would stop getting that bad. X.x

heypeo
06-20-2012, 01:39 AM
9 times of 10 its the player's device. Possibly your connection for certain devices (unplug your wifi and plug it back in) hoped it helped :)

between
06-20-2012, 01:49 AM
My laptop died a horrible death a few months ago.. (r.i.p Lucy! lolol) so I haven't tried it on Chrome. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling after a hard reboot, still the same. Oh & I tried clearing out the Cache.. Still the same. Plus I can't root my phone, again no laptop. As far as my device goes, haven't really had a problem with it other than StS games and Teamspeak (god I hate that app now lol).

Thing is.. Before iOS users showed up, the lag wasn't bad. Hell the ping spikes wouldn't jump so high either but wth.. If in a solo PvE run or in PvP, why in the hell am I lagging sometimes with huge spikes outta no where? Even when Im not moving to another location so the connection is still strong & tried on both WiFi and 3G?.. Its just weird! Frustrating too but also.. Weird as hell.

I can understand PvP if it was an issue of people spaming skills and a bunch of stuff going on at once but this didn't happen before. Also, sometimes it happens in PvP when Im around certain players. The latter could be an entirely different issue caused by a proggy used to lag people (but that in itself is something the devs will have to look into). Or, it could just be server lag.

Idk, I just wish it would stop getting that bad. X.x

lol at this point i have no clue what it could be :|

and if u are desperate to root your phone for whatever reason, depending on your model/version google zroot. I used it on my droid x long time ago, and wouldof used it again but i sbf'd to gingerbread recently after a failed flash >_< so if u have gingerbread u cant use it

edit: zroot is an app that can root your phone without a computer.

Sarge
06-20-2012, 02:28 AM
Oh & I had my niece download & play DL for a bit to see if there is a difference, also while we're on the same networks and turns out I be lagging like a mofo outta no where while she is completely fine.

Which makes me wonder wtf ia going on. X.x

Could be server related....STS no doubt have multiple and some could be overloaded while others are fine. I actually had a good run last night and this morning (so I may have been lucky and connected to a fast server), but many of those I played against complained of lag.

nz_tonyjin88
06-20-2012, 04:56 AM
hmm.. I stay around 300-600 with occassional high peaks that go over 1000 ping during pvp. LOLz.. I even lag at 250-350 ping range.. wth

Floating
06-20-2012, 05:21 AM
I am always 400-600... And it is not my device or my internet. I have checked each of them. It must be the distance from the servers I do not know... Still new servers with less latency would be nice.

phrosts
06-26-2012, 08:01 PM

Woof.

i live 3 hours from austin and i lag like a mofo!

-Phrosts

YuNoEatBeaRs
06-27-2012, 04:56 AM
The thing is, when i started playing everything was kinda fine, i had 300 to 400 max ping (which is fine for me) that until like 2-3 weeks ago, my normal got to 400+ and usually spikes to 600+ which makes PvP more painful than it is fun.

Absolutely nothing changed, i play on chrome so can't be device, and my internet connection is the same, other games i'm playing doesn't have that issue (i play league of legends from time to time and my ping is stable, doesn't fluctuate at all and if it does it's like +-4 of normal ping which is nothing).

So my guess it's a server issue, the thing that pisses me off is STS never cared to answer to any of those ping issue threads, if they would only come out and say "hey it's your connection that sucks" i'll take it and stfu forever about this issue.

Sarge
06-27-2012, 05:32 PM
Can't even connect today.