PDA

View Full Version : Down with the cheap elixirs!

ArtStar
06-17-2012, 07:16 AM
​​Woah, it's been a while since I made a Star Legends thread. It's so. . . blue. Well anyways I'm here to rant about an issue I have with these elixirs. These "all access" elixirs to be specific, why do we have them? It's not like any of the lower leveled players are really skipping the maps they are suppose to play on. No, the only players using them are these K/D ratio players that are so proud of their wasteful spending. I know plenty of players who make alts trying for an awesome K/D toon with zero deaths, and they try so hard. My friend the other day was so proud that he just made it to 15k kills without dying, no plat besides the new alt, and I was ecstatic for him. That's an awesome job well done if you ask me. Non-plat users work sooo hard being careful, playing their rightful levels, and raising their kill count NOT FAST, but CAUTIOUSLY. Those are the only K/D ratio players I have respect for when I really think about it. Sorry Levi, don't hate me if you read this, this thread isn't about you.

What is there to gain from spending that much REAL money just to pass someone up on a game. Nothing, it infuriates me how I put in hours gaining prestige by earning kills the right way, setting an example for other players, and meanwhile the Platty Mcplattersons get themselves addicted to enhanced gaming. It's not healthy, and it is a huge waste IMO. It's not cool, not impressive, not Legendary, and it's not even fun. I can't say I've never done kill-runs without a strength elixir before, but I can say that the majority of my kills I earned without plat. I didn't take the #1 spot over night guys, I gradually made my way onto the engineer leaderboard at the lvl-26 cap in Numa, gradually moved up to the "Overall" board at the lvl-31 cap in slouch, and literally fought for the number one spot with Hyun at the lvl-36 cap in the Shipyard. Some of you may even remember this thread, it was a spectacle for the community, and boy did we put on a good show:
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...t=artstar+hyun (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?41336-Artstar-vs-Hyun&highlight=artstar+hyun)
It was honorable, just a couple of SL addicts going nuts trying to surpass each other, and I truly miss those days.

I can't gain thousands of kills in Voleria a day, I can gain over a thousand if I do runs with randoms all day but that's about it. So it just disgusts me that these K/D ratio players are blowing real money on strength/armor/all access elixirs to gain several thousand kills over-night from a lower level like Cycorp or something, and for what!? lol, people aren't amazed when they see a name they've never heard of before leap pass long time respected players, they say "who the heck is that?" No this isn't me whining, I'm just letting it be known that this isn't right. Legends aren't made, they aren't bought, and they certainly don't need an elixir to do what they do best. I take pride in the fact that I started out as nobody, and continued to be a nobody until I made a name for myself. Half the people on the K/D leaderboard I've never even heard of, they just popped on there over-night basically. What is the fun in that? Lol the whole community is not impressed by how much plat you spend, and if you think otherwise you are sorely mistaken.

Again this is not me whining, this is not me flaming these K/D players, this is simply a rant on how NOT COOL what they are doing is. Because I know I'm going to be passed up this update, and idk about you but I'm not going to try and compete with enhanced plat players. I'm done with that, I haven't bought plat since last December and it's staying that way until I trullllly want to make that purchase. Which I haven't yet, and I'm much happier without plat. To be honest, I was stressed out every single time I used an enhancer, and when I didn't use them I felt like I was a weakling. It wasn't fun at all. Enhancers destroyed the spark I had for the game, and made the initial love I had for the game fade. I'm back in Star Legends now and I'm happy to say that I have gained that spark back! I love running with my natural skills while leveling up random people.

When I say "down with the cheap elixirs," I'm talking about these cheap all-access elixirs that allow high level players to gain a kill count from low levels. To make it even more clear, when I say "cheap" I don't mean plat prices. I mean these no good, not cool, plain dirty elixirs that allow people with the "money to spend," play dirty. It's not fair and it's not honorable, lol it's basically buying cheat codes that discourage non-plat players. As if they didn't already have so much to be jealous of without using plat.

With that said, I truly believe that these elixirs should be altered so that high level players can't use them on low levels, if not taken out of the game altogether.

Thank you :D

CrimsonTider
06-17-2012, 07:37 AM
Many of us agree, however, money talks louder than words around here. :(

ArtStar
06-17-2012, 07:39 AM
Many of us agree, however, money talks louder than words around here. :(

True, STS isn't about to cut any of their income it's just terribly lame.

ToPBoY
06-17-2012, 07:40 AM
I have to agree with most said, but would be a hypocrite if I totally ruled them out, as I used the all access enhancer from 40-41. We are all guilty of it though, wanting to be the best and admired is human nature, but I've given up a longtime ago trying to be number 1, at the end of the day, I'm one of the most well known players ingame and no one cares or looks at the leaderboards. Get to bed Art :P

Elyseon
06-17-2012, 07:41 AM
As usual the only leaderboard that will matter is pvp straight kills just like PL

CrimsonTider
06-17-2012, 07:45 AM
As usual the only leaderboard that will matter is pvp straight kills just like PL

I hope you don't honestly believe kills aren't farmed in pvp. This is something that goes on daily. Another "sad but true" aspect of all games.

javier995
06-17-2012, 07:47 AM
I totally agree, and its not the first time someone has said what you said. Although, it probably is the first time someone has had the cajones to put it on forums:D

Money does talk louder, but hey don't pay attention to them! Some people like to be at the top of a leaderboard for a game to make themselves feel better *cough*check top pvp kills*cough*, sorry terrible cold.

In the end, let them waste all the money they want so they can feel better if thats what they want. Its their money, not ours.

Matutd
06-17-2012, 07:47 AM
So this is what u were telling me about earlier haha

Flowman
06-17-2012, 07:49 AM
*clap clap clap clap*

From someone with a few good sources of income, i used to buy plat by the tons. During times when I wasn't home a lot I found myself playing SL and PL for HOURS and it got to the point that if I wasn't juicin', I wasn't being productive enough. Mind you, this was just up to the Slouch-O campaign, but still. I've recently realized that it's just a waste of money for me. I did it because I was lazy and didn't have the attention span to do runs for hours on end...most of the time I just stood around talking. But the people doing it just to get a spot on the leaderboards...come on guys. Think about what else your money can buy. It's good to support STS, I'm not saying not to buy plat....it's just...why waste it like that? All it took was for me to take one hard look at my bank statement to change my ways...well that and I got a job so priorities went back in order :p

All in all, regardless of what the leaderboards may say, you're still #1 in my eyes :star:

Matutd
06-17-2012, 07:56 AM
you're still #1 in my eyes :star:
this :love_heart:

HunterSLAYER
06-17-2012, 08:12 AM
I have NEVER bought plat before nor used ALL ACCESS ELIXIRS EVEN ONCE.

All the plat from those tapjoy offers(supporting the game one offer at a time)always end up being wasted on inventory slots, respec and cool vanities.

I had rather PAY THE BILLS than waste real-life money on virtual currency.

Naturally, I agree with Artstar on her rant on people who pay real life money to get the best stuff in the game and FAKE Kds.

At least I'm being honest.
PEACE :D

Sent from my LT26i using Xparent ICS Blue Tapatalk 2

PianoWizzy
06-17-2012, 08:15 AM
​​the Platty Mcplattersons

I can only say that I loved that.

Cahaun
06-17-2012, 08:35 AM
I remember that before the vanities came out and all these cheap elixers, it was based on hard work. Remember how much attention Zero and his friends got when they did Delta 7 nekkid? That was hard work that deserved a little applause.
I'm not a leaderboard person as I used to be in the beta, but now it's not worth it.

Plaguemaw
06-17-2012, 08:35 AM
I understand where your coming from, but some of us have a 40+hr a week job and children/families to raise. We all may not have the time we need to dedicate to our toons, so that's where the job comes in.

Elixirs are here for a reason I believe.

Not hating/flaming but wanted you to see the grass on the other side

*edit* and sts needs to buy lunch for their kids too

Sent from my SPH-M930BST using Tapatalk 2

Flowman
06-17-2012, 09:06 AM
Remember how much attention Zero and his friends got when they did Delta 7 nekkid?

Cause GoW doesn't mess around son :triumphant:

*Zero*
06-17-2012, 09:14 AM
Its a game and should be played like a game. HAVE FUN! Art is always and forever will be #1.

OvigorothO
06-17-2012, 09:27 AM
I see where youre coming from but think of it this way, the stuff is there for them to buy and buy as many times as they want. Its like in pvp, People yell out "rusher!" And act like its a big problem when theres really no rule against it.

Iaceden
06-17-2012, 09:41 AM
This +1

thecrankybearsam
06-17-2012, 11:06 AM
Spacetime provides us with elixirs just like vanity and armour and weapons inthe store. They all cost plat. They have to make money some way, and elixirs are to help you out, but in one way, they do cause the players to have less knowledge about the game because they rushed through the whole thing.

Rittik
06-17-2012, 11:33 AM
U missed a point..there are people there who are so happy to.tell "Bro u are choosing the hardway..go buy plats and level to 40-41 in4hrs in 'cycorp' its ONLY 400 PLATS and u dont die too"
I dont get it..we all fight thebway upto lv41 in voleria dying 100s of times..and they cap in4hrs..
Its really unfair..I agree i buy plats too but never used em for "enhancing" myself!
Artstar am wid u in this topic..i feel disgusted too!

-Rik(Rittik)

NinjaKun
06-17-2012, 12:03 PM
I hate people who are two faced,remember it well(Free-to-play and pay-to-play)

Cahaun
06-17-2012, 12:13 PM
I hate people who are two faced,remember it well(Free-to-play and pay-to-play)
Can you please explain what you are saying?

Elyseon
06-17-2012, 12:19 PM

I hope you don't honestly believe kills aren't farmed in pvp. This is something that goes on daily. Another "sad but true" aspect of all games.

Yeh of course I know that but the majority of those are in pvp kdr area

That's just the only section I even care about at all

Cahaun
06-17-2012, 12:37 PM

Yeh of course I know that but the majority of those are in pvp kdr area

That's just the only section I even care about at all
In SL, guilds was a super major one. Probably still is a major one.

javier995
06-17-2012, 12:41 PM
In SL, guilds was a super major one. Probably still is a major one.

It was, at this moment i don't think the other endgame guilds care as much. Heck i know that one is just on LB bc it's members just want the vanity and not bc they want to be at number 1.

Lets wait for the next update, and we will see how important it is.

Physiologic
06-17-2012, 01:45 PM
When the leaderboards were wiped in the first post-beta update, I hoped that there wouldn't be such corruption on the LBs, coupled with the fact that Disable XP would also no longer grant kills. Money does talk.

Wontwang
06-17-2012, 01:54 PM
True @ the part where you're like who the heck is that. Lol. I just noticed someone passed Bubu's K/D Ratio xD

Seiyen
06-17-2012, 02:53 PM
Idk wats wrong,its their money,its their decision.ik art ur angry coz of loosing ur spot in near future but plat players r also paying from their hardwork( real money=> more harwork) to get to that spot so its pretty fair imo.
+ Those players even asks new players to power lvl em 8-18
So its pretty cool
Ps=> am personally being pwer lvled 4 times by those kind players :)

-Raghav

ArtStar
06-17-2012, 03:08 PM
Ha ha I knew this would be a fun thread.
Saiyen, I'm not mad I am losing my spot, I am mad that these all access elixirs give people with the "money to spend" chances others will never have.
It is NOT fair, and I don't care what you have to say about it, it is not fair plain and simple.

P.s. I cap more people on Inner Core runs faster than they could ever power level you.

Flowman
06-17-2012, 03:08 PM
Idk wats wrong,its their money,its their decision.ik art ur angry coz of loosing ur spot in near future but plat players r also paying from their hardwork( real money=> more harwork) to get to that spot so its pretty fair imo.
+ Those players even asks new players to power lvl em 8-18
So its pretty cool
Ps=> am personally being pwer lvled 4 times by those kind players :)

-Raghav

You have your order of 'work' wrong.

Its "hard work" leads to 'real money' leads to "less work" in game.
I have 4 different sources of income, 2 of which I hardly do anything I'd consider "work." The 'working hard for your money' idea is a dead saying these days really.

However, the leaderboards are SUPPOSED to represent people who put in hard work...not less work. Money and games with leaderboards shouldn't relate this much. It's one thing to buy the game, but when those using real money begin to dominate the leaderboards over people who put in "hard work" IN GAME, it's a problem.

The point is real life HARD WORK and in game HARD WORK should not be related for things involving rankings. If you work hard for your money and buy a expensive vanity, then kudos to you. You earned it. But 'earning' a spot on the leaderboards by buying your way there isn't in the spirit of the game. Then again, neither are leaderboards...but the competitive atmosphere is a whole different game in itself.

Seiyen
06-17-2012, 03:10 PM
At the end of the day,money dominates everything....

-Raghav

ArtStar
06-17-2012, 03:11 PM
You have your order of 'work' wrong.

Its "hard work" leads to 'real money' leads to "less work" in game.
I have 4 different sources of income, 2 of which I hardly do anything I'd consider "work." The 'working hard for your money' idea is a dead saying these days really.

However, the leaderboards are SUPPOSED to represent people who put in hard work...not less work. Money and games with leaderboards shouldn't relate this much. It's one thing to buy the game, but when those using real money begin to dominate the leaderboards over people who put in "hard work" IN GAME, it's a problem.

The point is real life HARD WORK and in game HARD WORK should not be related for things involving rankings. If you work hard for your money and buy a expensive vanity, then kudos to you. You earned it. But 'earning' a spot on the leaderboards by buying your way there isn't in the spirit of the game. Then again, neither are leaderboards...but the competitive atmosphere is a whole different game in itself.

Amen. I wish I could thank myself for this post lol.

I seriously don't want to start a fight here but I want to correct something.. First of all, there is no RIGHT or WRONG way. It's by choice, if they chose to buy platinum to get on LB then so be it. AND plus, if STS allows us to have "all access" so why not use it as an advantage?

PS: I really don't want to start anything, I jus want to point it out.

We are going to have fun with the thread I just wrote up for tomorrow morning then :]
*looks at AoB members disagreeing*
This is going to be awesome, I'll leave whatever I have to say to this dumb logic for tomorrow.
But I'll say this, the elixirs weren't made to be "taken advantage of," they were made for lower leveled players to gain extra experience points by playing a map they don't meet the level requirement for.

Just wanted to point that out... xD

Flowman
06-17-2012, 03:27 PM
yo I got you girl

ArtStar
06-17-2012, 03:52 PM
yo I got you girl

Thanks homie :P lol.

akfury
06-17-2012, 05:30 PM
True @ the part where you're like who the heck is that. Lol. I just noticed someone passed Bubu's K/D Ratio xD

that person earned it.

and i dont think its a big deal everyone enjoys the game in there own way let them spend hundreds of dollars i personally dont buy enhancers and enjoy the game but those who do big deal

Xaphan Fox
06-17-2012, 05:40 PM
Microtransactions: the worst things to happen to video games since Gamestop and EA.
Id rather buy Star Legends and pay for each expansion than be milked ad naseum with carrot on a stick style advancements.
Saw this coming though. Soon as Gamestop cancer'd over ever single video game retailer and dominated with their used market that videogame developers see not a single cent of...
you had to know they would seek income elsewhere. That, coupled with the advent of a mobile market that is dominated with single serving short game experiences, you knew a new income model was on the horizon.

"Slowly charge more and more and see what you can get away with" is the name of the game in the vg industry nowadays.

It's the future. Instead of buying a 20-60 dollar game, its buy a free-10 dollar game and be tempted with an infinum of treats to "enhance the gaming experience"

Dun care for it. Prolly never will.

Cero
06-17-2012, 06:55 PM
When the leaderboards were wiped in the first post-beta update, I hoped that there wouldn't be such corruption on the LBs, coupled with the fact that Disable XP would also no longer grant kills. Money does talk.

gives me an idea, this might be a solution.

Even if the devs wont take it away. as long as NO KILLs COUNTED for using the cheap elixer.

umm, there might will be many "ihavenokills" on base if this is implemented lol

Urqui
06-17-2012, 07:22 PM
Omg this thread needs to go on PL also! They knocked down 2 spots off the leaderboard the BEST PL player of all time (Queenofcakes)
She was a level52 mage that got 230k kills with no deaths THE RIGHT WAY. That is beyond impressive to me.

My suggestion is, on both SL & PL, they should make an individual leaderboard for end gamekills & kills in general...
Or kills with those uncool enhancers & Kills made on on maps or your level
Nice rant Artstar:cool:

eugene9707
06-17-2012, 07:42 PM
*walk in* WHOA! there's a leaderboard ?

well anyways .... I've seen a Lv 1 in Shipyard b4 ......

k back to topic, i think they can keep the elixir..... if they rise the xp per kill in the higher level, because the monster are harder to kill, plus the exp required is a lot higher too.... and if they want to go kill those "easier monsters" they would be getting less xp then killing those "level appropriate" monsters.............. im off topic again arn't I?..... "

well about the kill, they should make the kill same as the xp, unable to increase it unless its against the "level appropriate" monsters, and that is unaffected by the elixir, so that they can still gain exp, but not gain kill.

ps i didnt use elixir to cap either... well besides that one that's buy-able with the credits..... and that i cap during the double xp weekend....... but that's another story .....

Rittik
06-17-2012, 08:40 PM
Its a game and should be played like a game. HAVE FUN! Art is always and forever will be #1.

yes shes always #1 for us :D

-Rik(Rittik)

ArtStar
06-17-2012, 09:21 PM
Omg this thread needs to go on PL also! They knocked down 2 spots off the leaderboard the BEST PL player of all time (Queenofcakes)
She was a level52 mage that got 230k kills with no deaths THE RIGHT WAY. That is beyond impressive to me.

My suggestion is, on both SL & PL, they should make an individual leaderboard for end gamekills & kills in general...
Or kills with those uncool enhancers & Kills made on on maps or your level
Nice rant Artstar:cool:

That's really cool, I don't understand why some people can't see the awesomeness of the natural gameplay, and how enhancers just poison the system. I mean sure the developers allow us to use these elixirs and sure if funds new content, but it still wasn't how the game was meant to be played. IF ANYTHING, the elixirs were just meant to give a little boost to get you where you need to be, or to help you gain more income. I understand that it is a game and if that's how some people wanna play that's their choice and that's fine. Towards the people who think I am flaming the K/D ratio players, Idk if you read the first post, but it clearly states that I'm not flaming them. I said in the first couple sentences idk if you read it or not but I am ranting about the issue I have with these "all access" elixers lol.
Thanks, I still enjoy playing v5 runs, as old as they are now lol, after six months of no content.

Edit: hokay now that I got the minute, sorry that post was kinda short.

Ghostsmacker
06-17-2012, 10:43 PM
I find it funny how they waste their time just to get 0 deaths ( and money ). Especially not worth the while if it gets you no where ( in life ). Just saying. Don't hate. My opinion. Now yours. :( was that offensive?

ArtStar
06-17-2012, 10:56 PM
Lol ik what V5 runs are & I'm in the same guild as you :p
This just reminded me of the PL dethroning D:
It would be pretty funny though if devs changed these enhancers to what they're really for... XP only & not to ativate kills. The enhancer even says "Earn XP in any dungeon (regardless of level)" not kills lol but they won't:rolleyes:

lololol I'm stupid I've been really spacey today xD
Yeahh I think it wouldn't be too much to ask the developers.
If enough people support it, I'm sure they can alter the elixir with this simple change.
All I'd like is for the kill count to stop when people get to high levels, I'm sorry you K/D people but it's how I feel.

I mean is this really how we are going to be playing this game? Sure it may be fun for some, but it isn't fun for everyone and I really don't see the point in it. I don't see how having fixed leaderboards is fun for the community. Why can't everyone have a chance to be on it and not just people who again, "have the money to spend."

Think about who these players are going to pass up. Darknaut, Yurimaru, Feitan, Zoneone, Pinkcatz, Deshrail, Afk, Hugoclive.(aka Wilfison or wil)
I've gotten to know some of these players and they are true Star Legends as well. I'm not worried about my score, I don't want to be #1 PvE kills leader forever guys. I'm speaking out for my fellow hardcore grinding LEGENDS, who didn't cheat their way to the top either.

If I'm not mistaken, Voleria was a brilliant invention of a map to play on that naturally reduces your income, kills, and makes everything harder/more challenging overall. These K/D players have found a loophole in the kills department, and again, IT'S NOT COOL.

akfury
06-18-2012, 01:18 AM
lololol I'm stupid I've been really spacey today xD
Yeahh I think it wouldn't be too much to ask the developers.
If enough people support it, I'm sure they can alter the elixir with this simple change.
All I'd like is for the kill count to stop when people get to high levels, I'm sorry you K/D people but it's how I feel.

I mean is this really how we are going to be playing this game? Sure it may be fun for some, but it isn't fun for everyone and I really don't see the point in it. I don't see how having fixed leaderboards is fun for the community. Why can't everyone have a chance to be on it and not just people who again, "have the money to spend."

Think about who these players are going to pass up. Darknaut, Yurimaru, Feitan, Zoneone, Pinkcatz, Deshrail, Afk, Hugoclive.(aka Wilfison or wil)
I've gotten to know some of these players and they are true Star Legends as well. I'm not worried about my score, I don't want to be #1 PvE kills leader forever guys. I'm speaking out for my fellow hardcore grinding LEGENDS, who didn't cheat their way to the top either.

If I'm not mistaken, Voleria was a brilliant invention of a map to play on that naturally reduces your income, kills, and makes everything harder/more challenging overall. These K/D players have found a loophole in the kills department, and again, IT'S NOT COOL.

It's not "Cheating" it's using proper game mechanics a loop hole ? Possibly. Should the devs " Fix" it ? Yes.

Hellcurse
06-18-2012, 04:08 AM
id say we stop the dungeon access enhancer and put something like this:
every monster killed gives a particular exp like dynasty1xp, red 2xp and each time you unlock a new map, the value of exp decreases so at l40 it would be like dynasty 0.1 exp and so on.

Hellcurse
06-18-2012, 04:27 AM
or at least cheaper enhacner like 2x 30 min shud b 2 plat, 4x 30 min shud b 10 plat

ArtStar
06-18-2012, 09:46 AM
It's not "Cheating" it's using proper game mechanics a loop hole ? Possibly. Should the devs " Fix" it ? Yes.

It defies everything we PvE players like to take pride in, I'm sorry if you disagree with me. It's just how I feel.

TsunamiTheClown
06-18-2012, 04:55 PM
My next toon will be named "Lance Platstrong". And my new guild will be "Performance Enhancing Thugs".

Seriously, i think that enhancers should be limited to personal improvement and not contribute to leader board status. I don't know how I would go about this from a developer standpoint, but if i took like 5 mins of serious thought i'm sure i could throw out a half-a-dozen decent ideas. STS is smart, perhaps they could brainstorm a way to keep the leader board from getting reduced to irrelevancy.

I mean c'mon. If you can just buy the top-spot in the leader board like this thread points out, why not just put it in the auction house???

akfury
06-18-2012, 08:58 PM
It defies everything we PvE players like to take pride in, I'm sorry if you disagree with me. It's just how I feel.

i understand but for you to call them "cheaters" is wrong because its proper game mechanics

ArtStar
06-20-2012, 10:21 PM
Maow maow

Crummypaladin
06-21-2012, 01:04 AM
I look at it as another facet of game play. I have three level 41 toons that ground their way up without the xp anywhere enhancer. I've helped many players capped as I'm sure you have Art:-)

But after a while of waiting for updates you think... what else can I do? Hey! Let's take a run at the leader board!

Unfortunately, there is an enhancer that allows for quick and easy kills. But part of the challenge was going through every level, timing skills, timing kills, finding the fastest gains:-)

Someone took #1 pve k/d in three days (so I heard). The new challenge has nothing personal against you or any other player. I love this game just as much as you, and try not to let things get to me... it is a game:-) I want to just play and have fun. And when I.m kill farming, and someones alt joins me and keeps me company, well if I can help them level too, then I hope its made them happier:-) Anyway when this power player comes back, will I have done enough to keep my spot? I hope so! :-) And to make sure I'm going to try to place as much distance between me and them as I can!

I know some may look at it as cheap or cheating (trust me, it isn't cheap!), buts its an option the devs put in. A part of game play that presents a challenge that I want to pursue.

I think you are a great player as are most of the players on the leader boards and the players that have been with us since beta. But unless or until the devs take this option out, its a new part to the game play that gives me a challenge.

I do remember when I was younger how frustrated I would get in other games that some players could basically "buy" their way into something, and I feel your pain. But I can afford it now, so all those guys that usta piss me off... well now they gotta deal with me! :-)

As many have replied, you are #1 in many hearts. You've helped many a player and they will always remember you for that! Don't get too tied up in leader boards. I doubt there is a leader board in any game where someone hasn't used the game or a friend or an alt account to get their killer rating. The only truly fair way to do it, would be to have a NEVER EVER EVER used an enhancer or plat gear LB. That would be the only way to remove any financial advantage. Actually.... DO IT devs! That would truly be the ultimate challenge! Gonna go get name neverusedplat just in case:-)

Hope to see you around Art:-) I was helping someone cap today with Pocketlegend in V5. But now, its time to farm kills.

EDIT: Wewt!! Neverusedplat was available!! New non plat LB needed!!

Sryyoulose
06-21-2012, 01:15 AM
I was thinking that the Xp Anywheres SHOULD stay in the game... Just not GET KILLS everywhere... Just my thoughts on that.
Also, I hate when you see a capped player with 2-4k Kills... GRRR.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Additional Note Eddited In |
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Possibly Make Xp Elixirs cheaper! When you can kill 4-5 Ppl in the time it takes to kill one on a higher lvl... Well Xp anywhere wins that battle to. So make a cheaper/more useful low plat/gold elixir...

ArtStar
06-21-2012, 01:33 AM
This power player isnt coming back, he hates SL, and he didnt do it in three days, he did it in less than two weeks. He did it to prove a point and because he was bored with PL, not to compete. He did it to get the top kd spot and leave basically.
I understand where you are coming from.. Can you people not read though? I said I am ranting about an issue I have with the ELIXIRS not the players. I could care less what you tell yourself to make yourself feel better about playing, and I have no respect for how you play our game. I am not caught up in the lbs guys, I am not worried about my score! HONEST. Lol I dont wanna be the leader forever, my kills are already emberassing enough as it is. I am speaking up for the many who YOU dicourage with your pointless spending. Trying to voice my opinion to get rid of these elixirs, in a Star Legends community you care nothing for. YOU are the one caught up in the leaderboard and obviously have your priorities messed up by spending all that money to buy your way to the top.

Play fair is all I ask.. Lets settle this on the maps we are suppose to, like WE ARE SUPPOSE TO.

I mean c'mon. If you can just buy the top-spot in the leader board like this thread points out, why not just put it in the auction house???

Corpser
06-21-2012, 05:55 AM
well anyways .... I've seen a Lv 1 in Shipyard b4 ......

\ i think that was me :/ when i was testing it out :D

to be honest i never liked them for leveling and never really though of using them for kills.... just seems so cheap to me i mean its really hard not to die in voleria i mean like your teammates pretty much decide your fate (bad teammates step on mines killing you)
and then theres people racking up 6 times as many kills playing in an easier level just cause they purchased an elixer worth i think its 5 plat just seems so wrong.

ArtStar
06-21-2012, 04:48 PM
Hey Crummypaladin(aka lonelykdop)
When you pass Yurimaru, why don't you tell us how much real money you spent getting there.
Let's see how many people respect you for that, and we'll see how "cool" you are then.
So when you go as far as to pass me up... Lol we can just do the math from there.
Let's see how worth it, it is then :-)

Flowman
06-21-2012, 05:40 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_E63WP6m6nAg/S-LBDhYMnhI/AAAAAAAAAHs/C5nv1NrijrA/s1600/tumblr_kxzvfhlbin1qa9armo1_500.jpg

akfury
06-21-2012, 06:01 PM
Hey Crummypaladin(aka lonelykdop)
When you pass Yurimaru, why don't you tell us how much real money you spent getting there.
Let's see how many people respect you for that, and we'll see how "cool" you are then.
So when you go as far as to pass me up... Lol we can just do the math from there.
Let's see how worth it, it is then :-)

no point to post like that art

Flowman
06-21-2012, 06:18 PM

Pot, meet kettle.

I think this thread has served it's purpose. Not seeing much else coming from this besides a Pwniebombing.
We all agree there should be leaderboards for 'untainted' accounts, but I doubt that will ever happen, as annoying as that may be.

ArtStar
06-21-2012, 07:49 PM

I'm just saying, lol, because I dont get it.
I want these elixirs altered, I want these players to quit abusing them, and to just play fair.
This may be out of line, but I am not going down without making these guys look dumb first either.

@Flow: This thread is far from serving its purpose. I don't see any Pwniebombing, this thread has nothing to do with Pwnies or any guild for that matter. I am trying to get this thread noticed by the developers, and as you can see it hasn't been.

Flowman
06-22-2012, 03:10 AM
Pwniebombing referring to how if it keeps going in the direction of back and forth arguments, it's going to become a meme fest.

I'm sure the devs/mods have seen it, it's probably the only good thread left in SL general. I would guess they're waiting for someone to make a bad flame so they can lock the thread to avoid replying to the topic at hand because it's a controversial subject.

Unfortunately, fair isn't always profitable, and it sucks.

ArtStar
06-22-2012, 12:58 PM
Pwniebombing referring to how if it keeps going in the direction of back and forth arguments, it's going to become a meme fest.

I'm sure the devs/mods have seen it, it's probably the only good thread left in SL general. I would guess they're waiting for someone to make a bad flame so they can lock the thread to avoid replying to the topic at hand because it's a controversial subject.

Unfortunately, fair isn't always profitable, and it sucks.

Lolol yeah us Pwnies are pros at locking threads, we close so many threads that we close our own threads. IMHO they should have a locking threads leaderboard, naimjustkidding x) but in all seriousness I didn't expect to get far here, just felt like putting my input on the situation.

Yes, Voleria sucks after this long, we are all dying of boredom with nothing to do with no signs of an update, and it sucks for pretty much everybody. So whyy does it have to be this way, even if you got the money to spend and it's whatever, I don't see how people can't see how wrong it is. When I had plat in the Shipyard I could do a good 15k kills in a days time no problem, for example, and if I didn't have plat do you know how much kills I could get in a days time? 15K! Lol. Anyone had the chance to go nuts and rack up kills at the same level. So with Voleria VS Cycorp, it's pretty unfair indeed.

Look I know it is a game, and at the end of the day this doesnt mean anything to any of us. There obviously isn't a reason to get heated in my posts and I'm sorry if I offend anyone.
This is just something I feel very strongly about, it's not right, and it isn't okay to me. I can't say it doesn't sting to see people moving up on the leaderboards in leaps and bounds and I can't do anything to defend my score that I put so much time into. It kills me to see such shameless behavior. Six months and no update sucks for everyone, and there is no reason anyone should be able to "take advantage" like this. Fixed leaderboards may not be a huge issue to everyone, but it is a huge issue to me. It makes me sick.

Flowman
06-22-2012, 03:54 PM
You're a feisty girl huh Art? hahaha
Now hurry up and get your internet working again so I can tell you my surprise via PM :D

ArtStar
06-22-2012, 06:28 PM
We are all here for our own reasons, and the main reason I am here is because I love the game.
So if someone starts messing with my SL world, I am not going to lay down quietly.

Ha ha yeah sorry! I have not been looking forward to making all kinds of typos trying to write a long reply back on my tablet x)
I will soon : )

Flowman
06-22-2012, 06:57 PM
You type those out on your tablet? O_O
Wow

iAmPain
06-23-2012, 04:38 PM
If they made these "all access lix"removed for the end game players to earn K/D i'd be toast. cos' 2 of my alts are lvl'ed up on Cycorp 5. and im not discouraged nor feel satisfactory of what i did. if STS pulled it out, it will be another money making item deduction for them. just saying Main are Main and alts are our 2nd toon meaning it is mostly use for another journey just w/out the experience of doing hardcore runs as they did before with their mains..

Kanozaki
06-23-2012, 09:25 PM
agree with you arty (lol shocker i k r ) , i mean really sure i buy plat too but why game-break and take out the fun in it. Besides after all that non stop grinding once you finally reach that cap or reach the leaderboards , the feeling is amazing. But hey no one can stop people from doing what they seldom chose to do but a word of advise guys , nothing beats the feeling of accomplishment and success.

Arty you have my props , getting kills with an engi is out right impossible , kudos to you (:. Always will be our Super star engi ( Yeehaw)

ArtStar
06-27-2012, 04:18 PM
agree with you arty (lol shocker i k r ) , i mean really sure i buy plat too but why game-break and take out the fun in it. Besides after all that non stop grinding once you finally reach that cap or reach the leaderboards , the feeling is amazing. But hey no one can stop people from doing what they seldom chose to do but a word of advise guys , nothing beats the feeling of accomplishment and success.

Arty you have my props , getting kills with an engi is out right impossible , kudos to you (:. Always will be our Super star engi ( Yeehaw)

Thanks Kano<3
Heheh once I get a stable internet connection I will be back in biz,
And will give this Lonelykdop some more real money to spend by raising my score.

@iampain: They dont even need to take these elixirs out, they just need to alter them to do what they were meant to.

Kanozaki
06-28-2012, 12:55 PM
Thanks Kano<3
Heheh once I get a stable internet connection I will be back in biz,
And will give this Lonelykdop some more real money to spend by raising my score.

@iampain: They dont even need to take these elixirs out, they just need to alter them to do what they were meant to.

lemme know when your back on SL tired of the ENG i get . One actually refused to heal and replied and i quote " use your stims"

ArtStar
06-30-2012, 08:46 PM

ArtStar
06-30-2012, 08:50 PM

ArtStar
06-30-2012, 08:55 PM

Airity
06-30-2012, 09:24 PM
They should really make an "enhancer free" leader board. This way we could see the real hardcore players! And for the all access enhancer (or whatever it is called haha). They should make it so you can gain xp, but not earn kills, the enhancer is just hypocritical to them disallowing kills when xp is locked.

Seiyen
07-01-2012, 12:25 AM
380K kills wid no enable xp,hats offf :)

-Raghav

Iron Hand
07-01-2012, 01:53 AM
Lol art we all know who works to get a true k/d ... For me i earn all mine the hard way .. will never make the leaderboards but happy with my stats 61k kills and 1126 deaths .. all earned good and bad. Yes i have a new toon "Irondevil" cause i want to see how far i can go without a death. Do i use elixirs for lower levels? No... But i do not begrudge those that do as it is a game and we are free to play the way we want to. I just simply feel it is a waste for me to have gainable xp in lower levels as i level faster in maps at my level or slightly above my level also other than a vanity the loot in lower levels gained is geared toward your current level. So i do not feel spending 5 platinum to have access to lower level for kills is worth it as the only reason i go there is to farm vanities. However having said this if others choose to spend the money to be able to play that way i do not be grudge them as that is thier choice. So if someone wants to brag they have a great k/d that is fine but deep down we all know how those stats were gained as for me i tell them thats nice and leave it at that. I have the satisfaction of playing the way i want to a more challenging way to gain certain stats for me i don't care if anyone is impressed with my stats or achievements so i will not say anything unless i reach a goal i set for myself then i may say something but very rare. It is up to you the player how to play... What is fun for you? As for getting rid of the elixirs nahhh... It makes money and as long as ppl r willing to buy them they should stay. I know it is not a popular thing to say as art and many others feel cheated as others can gain a great stat using this method... Take soliace in knowing yourself how you EARNED your stats and be proud of the challenge u accomplished. After all this is what matters the most and does not matter what others do or say. I am proud to say i capped my main both times with nothing more than the free elixir not many other than sparkling pwnies know about this accomplishment but i was very proud of this challenge i accomplished. Art should be proud of her ldrboard accomplishment but not because of the number of kills but rather the number of ppl she helped level and cap including myself. This is why artstar deserves the leaderboard as those numbers show her hard work. :)

ArtStar
07-01-2012, 05:10 AM
@Airity: Thanks for supporting my cause. As you can see this is important to me.

@Saiyen: Thanks! I feel very good about it so I felt like sharing. :D

@Ironhand: Hum, well like I said I am not hating on the kd people Iron. I am simply trying to get my voice heard. I am a VERY proud Star Legends player when it comes down to it. Yes I said proud, not cocky or concieted. I love playing this game, it is my first love and a lot more with you guys keeping me company. So when something is poisoning my universe... I am not going to sit there and take it. I see what you are trying to get at and I appreciate your opinion, but with much respect and no offense what so ever I have to disagree with that horse crap. Sadly the boards speoak louder than goals and accomplishments.

The leaderboards are meant to be something that everyone should have the chance to be a part of. Fixing the leaderboard with these all access elixirs is NOT how the game was intended to be played. Abusing elixirs in general isnt how the game was meant to be played, this is a kid game. Soo how is it okay for this "old fart"(he called himself) to come in here and basically buy his way to the top? People who spent MONTHS putting in 4-8 hours a day BUSTING THEIR BUTTS, are all disgusted I'm sure. .We didnt put all that hard work and time into this game for our score to be erased by people using these elixirs in less than half of half the time. Less than that even! How is that okay? I dont care if "that is how they like to play." What is fun for this one person, is not fun for everyone else. It is not fun for the community, it is selfishly discouraging other players. No one is cheering him on besides the people who dislike me and his guild. What about every other player, and every other guild who disagrees with this "way of playing?"

If that is what him and the people who are cheering him on are about then I am sorry, but that is pathetic. Cheering on someone who is basically buying kills. Yes! I know it takes some level of skill/timing, mostly timing. I am not impressed by getting one shot kills in Cycorp...

I will rant all day about this until you guys realize what this is doing to the community. The leaderboard has more impact than you think, and fixing them with plat is only going to further ruin this game. It will encourage others to play this way, and soon everyone on the lb will be playing at an enhanced pace that no one can compete with. I know STS loves money, but losing the discouraged players on the account of it is not okay. This will become an even bigger issue down the road. You think I am the only one who feels this way? I am not the first to complain about it and I certainly wont be the last. These 'all access' elixirs again either have to go, or be altered.

Simply just knowing what a great player I am, and what I have accomplished is not enough I'm sorry. I have capped countless people and I still level people to this day, but I just like having something to show for it. Knowing how they got their kills is very discouraging on this topic.

Again dont take this the bad way, you are my big bro of a friend Ironhoof and ily. This may be all carefree puppy dog kisses and milkshakes for you, but it is not for me. I feel cheated/helpless/insulted/disgusted at the whole situation. So again I will repeat myself and say that this is not okay to me.

Exion
07-01-2012, 06:36 AM
I totally agree with ArtStar.. those elixirs should be changed to give only exp and not have the kills count.
You should work for your kills not get them handed down.
It would be the same if there was a buy kills for plat option in the plat store.
Running a dungeon 1-shooting low lvl mobs is NOT working for your kills.

ArtStar
07-01-2012, 07:10 AM
I totally agree with ArtStar.. those elixirs should be changed to give only exp and not have the kills count.
You should work for your kills not get them handed down.
It would be the same if there was a buy kills for plat option in the plat store.
Running a dungeon 1-shooting low lvl mobs is NOT working for your kills.

It is amazing how far it has gotten, lol you know what I got asked the other day while farmin V5?
"Why don't you use plat on your killruns??"

deathcan
07-01-2012, 07:21 AM
Fun topic art see ur having fun lol very interestingly im surprized noones said it yet but sure let them the plat buyers haver there all access enhancers but like many of the original enhancers u can buy with normal hard earnd credits y not just add in a all access credit enhancer would even out the playing field or at least be more fair for us that have hit 41 have no plat and stuk on just over 40k kills lol (me lol) that way i see it being a hella lot fairer just my opinion tho (:

ArtStar
07-01-2012, 07:41 AM
Fun topic art see ur having fun lol very interestingly im surprized noones said it yet but sure let them the plat buyers haver there all access enhancers but like many of the original enhancers u can buy with normal hard earnd credits y not just add in a all access credit enhancer would even out the playing field or at least be more fair for us that have hit 41 have no plat and stuk on just over 40k kills lol (me lol) that way i see it being a hella lot fairer just my opinion tho (:

Oh yes, I am having a lot of fun here :D
I am pretty much counter-ranting everything xD

Iron Hand
07-01-2012, 11:01 PM
Art u know i am always in ur corner and i feel what u saying... Do not get me wrong i agree totally with u. The truth is unfornately for now the elixirs r not going anywhere. However there has been talk and i am sure still in discussion of changing how kills are recorded making it only count if you are on a map equivalent to your level. Changes were made in pl because many complained of paying plat to access levels and that was changed. If many here goto the suggestion and feedback section for sl and voice our opions they will listen.. they know who lines thier pocket books.

ArtStar
07-01-2012, 11:18 PM
Very true very true, lol that is what I am trying to get done here, in the most active section of the SL forums :D

And like I said I meant no offense lol you know ily, I was furious at the elixirs in my post, not you.<3

Swampy
07-01-2012, 11:40 PM
If I was insanely rich and had money to burn I still wouldnt be getting those "anywhere xp" elixirs, even if it meant maintaining k/d (and keeping me alive after lv.59). I'd be getting a boatload of vanities instead. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Wheres the fun leveling in those lower level places? It's much more exciting when you're nervous about dying!

akfury
07-02-2012, 12:04 AM
well i think the first one who started using this method is JUDGEMENT n hes/she frm sparkling pawines so must be ur freind
as TRUE STAR LEGEND u sholunt not be baised towarad ur frnd
u can stop JUDGEMENT at that time but u didnt may be ur feeling proud on her looooool....
ucan post this thread at that time but u didnt .....stop callinv ur true star lefend ur mad cuz ue lossing ur positions thats all :/

slow down and spell correctly i could not under stand a single word

yahooxd
07-02-2012, 01:22 AM
slow down and spell correctly i could not under stand a single word

ik my english sux n anyway i delted my post already cuz its waste of time fr me :)

ArtStar
07-02-2012, 08:34 AM
ik my english sux n anyway i delted my post already cuz its waste of time fr me :)

Your post was hilarious. Lol. Judgement is my friend, and he is part of SP. He also really hates SL xD he only did that for Sparkling Pwnies, and for me. He is not coming back, and he never planned on taking my spot with such cheap tactics. You obviously have no idea what you're talking about lol... Judgement isn't a "her" either. XD

Learn to type before you try to insult me please, k thx.
:star:

asazocave
07-02-2012, 11:29 AM
Hiya well this is an online mobile game and its an AD FREE game ..So server maintance and setting up new server cost heaviley .
And only source of earning is platinum and tapjoy app .(not everyone buy platinum
I donot buy plat because idonot have credit card but i do free plat offer [tapjoy]).
Upto certain extent its OK
Well we know PL and SL are settled now But DL ( launched april 2012) And AL (DEC 2012) so these two project need good amount of money, time and SERVER also so in my opinion its ok if pepole using elixir
BUT When it comes to Hardwork
MY VOTE :-artstar!!!!

WE PAY FOR BETTER GAME PLAYING AND STS SUCCEDED IN THIS BY PROVIDING US VARIETY OF GAME ACCORDING TO OUR INTERESET

HunterSLAYER
07-02-2012, 12:05 PM
Hiya well this is an online mobile game and its an AD FREE game ..So server maintance and setting up new server cost heaviley .
And only source of earning is platinum and tapjoy app .(not everyone buy platinum
I donot buy plat because idonot have credit card but i do free plat offer [tapjoy]).
Well we know PL and SL are settled now But DL ( launched april 12) And AL (DEC 12) so these two project need good amount of money, time and SERVER also so in my opinion its ok if pepole using elixir

WE PAY FOR BETTER GAME PLAYING AND STS SUCCEDED IN THIS BY PROVIDING US VARIETY OF GAME ACCORDING TO OUR INTRESET

There are ads in the game, at least for those who don't use ad-blockers or custom ad host & DNS patchers.

Another thing: DL was launched officially by sts on April 11, not 12.
"Interest" is spelled wrongly.

Sent from my M1 SONY XPERIA S(LT26i) via Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

asazocave
07-02-2012, 12:36 PM
There are ads in the game, at least for those who don't use ad-blockers or custom ad host & DNS patchers.

Another thing: DL was launched officially by sts on April 11, not 12.
"Interest" is spelled wrongly.

Sent from my M1 SONY XPERIA S(LT26i) via Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

strange i never saw any add im on andriod and thnks for notifying error and i Mean 2012

ArtStar
07-02-2012, 12:56 PM
Well we know PL and SL are settled now But DL ( launched april 2012) And AL (DEC 2012) so these two project need good amount of money, time and SERVER also so in my opinion its ok if pepole using elixir

WE PAY FOR BETTER GAME PLAYING AND STS SUCCEDED IN THIS BY PROVIDING US VARIETY OF GAME ACCORDING TO OUR INTERESET

Seeing as how they have three games generating money, DL has more expensive plat prices even. I don't see how altering these elixirs would cost them much money. Star Legends didnt always have these elixirs, and we did just fine without them. We got them in December when Voleria came out so these are still considered add-on elixirs. They added on these elixirs in just as easily as they can take them out. So it just frustrates me lol :/

Thanks for your support lol SL makes me happy, and I just want it to be fair again.