PDA

View Full Version : People spamming weapon sales is getting out of control...

mAdvillain
08-21-2010, 07:53 AM
The townes are becoming less and less attractive as hangout spots because of people endlessly spamming weapon sales, or spamming to buy a certain weapon

i cant exactly speak for anyone else but its turning me off from this game, and i LOOOOOVE playing this
but everywhere you go even in dungeons people are endlessly spamming the sale of weapons, there are certain people especially that like to spam over and over till they get a response,

something MUST be done about this, either a "report player" feature needs to be added so admins can be alerted of madnoobery :mad: in game and in townes,
or a chat limit needs to be imposed to keep people from flooding the chat all day long....mabe make it a limit of 5 chat messages before your chat is blocked for a few minutes, EA does this in battlefield heroes and it works VERY well.

a "report player" feature would work excellent in getting stalkers off your back, because im pretty darn sick of people following me from towne to dungeon to towne begging for my hammer:cool::p

Royce
08-21-2010, 07:56 AM
I don't think it's any worse than it has been in the past. Why not just use the ignore feature? That's what it's there for ;) AlI also think the auction haus will help with town merchant spam.

Gavry
08-21-2010, 08:17 AM
If you can wait for Auction Houses it should all get better. I agree selling spam is very annoying. I hope there is some consequence once AH's come in.

Tailless
08-21-2010, 08:33 AM
I agree that the spam Sellers/Buyers are very annoying, but since the Ignore feature doesn't have a way to add notes I don't like to use it too often. I usually only use it for those I don't want to group with or the most grievous offenders. As I've stated in other posts I think that if someone spams X amount of messages in Chat in a set amount of time say, 30 sec-2 min they are locked out of that channel for bit. Personal Tells and chat inside of maps could be exempt or be on a slightly different timeframe to allow regular people to have conversations.

Snakespeare
08-21-2010, 08:49 AM
At first I didn't like them, but now I scan the ads. Generally they are just background chatter anymore, though. I haven't made any deals there, but for some reason I take an interest in what's for sale now. Maybe at first I didn't know what all the words refered to, but now I do. IDK, but all I'm saying is, I think you'll get used to it. Auction Haus will not make it go away.

Do you know about the multiple instances of townes? If you enter it as a search parameter in Join Games you can go to a different instance of the same towne, one that has a small number of people. The spam is much sparser in those.

Spiritualist
08-23-2010, 08:51 AM
Like some, I use IGNORE - as my signature says, I like this feature. :)

giayuan
08-25-2010, 12:16 AM
not sure anout everyone else but, hehe, i thnk that "spamming", is perfectly fine
without it, the towne would be lonely and silent
and thats why the name is Trader's Haven
beisdes whats so annoyin about it?
its advertisement
though it is quite annoying in dungeons

Donut
08-25-2010, 12:36 AM
i dont mind the chat spam in Trader's Haven. sadly its not just isolated to that town, its in every town.
the thing that does irk me is that people keep trying to trade with me. so i always see that trade message come up constantly. i dont even move or say anything at all, and i get bombarded with people demanding i enter the trade window. which seems a bit abrasive , especially when i never give out any kind of indication that im wanting to trade or buy something.

RedRyder
08-25-2010, 01:11 AM
There needs to be an on/off option for trading and game invites. Case closed
as for sale spam, its called traders haven isnt it? Lol, but um yea just use the ignore button :)

TwinkTastical
08-25-2010, 01:12 AM
Can i haz your hammer!?!? jk lol anyways i feel ya, Well get through this together.. AUCTION HOUSE FTW!?

Azrael
08-25-2010, 12:07 PM
go to a different town besides "traders Haven"

mAdvillain
08-25-2010, 12:55 PM
azrael, part of the problem in it is that the spamming happens in all of the townes, and in games too (tho i just boot the ppl that do that), not to mention those that haunt you in towne with trade requests, yes theres an ignore button, but some ppl follow you like dogs.......its kinda sad

Azrael
08-25-2010, 02:50 PM
azrael, part of the problem in it is that the spamming happens in all of the townes, and in games too (tho i just boot the ppl that do that), not to mention those that haunt you in towne with trade requests, yes theres an ignore button, but some ppl follow you like dogs.......its kinda sad

Fathom Crypts town is generally empty. Same for Ursan hold

mAdvillain
08-25-2010, 09:49 PM
it really depends on the time of day you go in those townes, theres always passers-by